Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: When the Levee Breaks

Setting the stage for a bloody showdown, Dahlia gives Klaus and Hayley a deadline to turn over baby Hope. Elijah attempts to convince Klaus that they need to work together in their fight against Dahlia, but Klaus forges ahead with his own dangerous plan, leaving everyone concerned about his next steps. Meanwhile, when Hayley realizes their chances of outrunning Dahlia are slim, she devises a risky plan and enlists Aiden’s help. Elsewhere, Freya gives Rebekah and Elijah an ultimatum, and Marcel strategizes on how best to deal with Klaus’ erratic behavior.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2cR6ZA_QFY

I love this show.  It's crazy good and one of my favorite things on TV. Tonight, I felt like it hit all the notes of awesome. 

First, boooooo Aidan.  The second the ILYs happened, I thought homeboy was dead, dead, dead.  RIP.  That just totally sucked and it was the worst.  Oh, Josh!!!

Oh, Klaus.  You broken little toy.  The one guy he actually didn't kill... Sigh.  I normally don't care for the Cami nonsense, but I enjoyed the scenes between Klaus and Cami.  For the storyline's sake, we need to make sure someone knows he didn't do it and people will believe Cami.  Joseph Morgan is really good, isn't he? 

Oh dear, I hope Elijah, Rebecca, etc, etc know what they are doing.  I still don't trust Freya and her confession to Esther that she'll take them all away from him makes me weary of her.  Now look?  In one evening, everyone is against you and Klaus is daggered. 

Marcel and Davina had a couple of lovely scenes; I miss this Marcel and I was glad she told him about himself.

All in all, strong episode!  I can't wait to see what happens next.

• Love 7

The ending made this awesome. I love Klaus, I really do, he's an unrepentant ass. But sometimes I just want to smack him. He's responsible for so much of his own misery. I'd really love to believe this would be his wakeup call in how he treats his family.

Dahlia is a great villian, she's got that understated sense of evil. She's so level headed in her dealings...she's exactly what I'd expect from an immortal being.

I liked Jackson in this episode but only when it came to Aiden. I swear Jackson/Hayley make each other worse. I can't deal with Hayley her attitude annoys me.

I couldn't figure out Klaus' plan with confessing to Aiden's murder. Even with the explanation I can only assume it was a massive misstep on his part. Seemed obvious to me it would backfire

• Love 4

If everyone is this stupid, they deserve Dahlia's dismissive wrath. Jackson and Hayley are morons with their stupid plan to run to the bayou. Elijah, you are my favorite, but you're being an idiot, too.

Klaus took the blame in part, I feel, because he figured that nobody would believe him if he denied it anyway, so he might as well claim it as a show of intimidation.

Freya can't understand why her siblings would take Klaus' side over hers? Has she never heard of the phrase, "The Devil you know?" Of course, in the end, they did take her side, which I suspect is going to be a huge mistake.

Freya and Klaus dislike each other because they're both exactly alike - so wrapped up in reveling in their own victimhood, they can't see anything else.

I know Klaus is so often overdramatic and unreasonable, but right now, I feel like he's the *only* one actually being reasonable.

Claudia Black is glorious. That is all.

• Love 6

Freya can't understand why her siblings would take Klaus' side over hers? Has she never heard of the phrase, "The Devil you know?" Of course, in the end, they did take her side, which I suspect is going to be a huge mistake.

Funny you mention that because every time Freya went all it's me or Klaus, I kept thinking of course they're going to choose Klaus better the devil you know...

Joseph Morgan is so so good. When Klaus was confronted with Aiden's death, you could see Klaus' shock and then childhood issues where he decided if I'll never be loved at least I'll be feared.

Oh the boys. Aiden you shouldn't have said I love you.

• Love 6

If everyone is this stupid, they deserve Dahlia's dismissive wrath. Jackson and Hayley are morons with their stupid plan to run to the bayou. Elijah, you are my favorite, but you're being an idiot, too.

Klaus took the blame in part, I feel, because he figured that nobody would believe him if he denied it anyway, so he might as well claim it as a show of intimidation.

Freya and Klaus dislike each other because they're both exactly alike - so wrapped up in reveling in their own victimhood, they can't see anything else.

I know Klaus is so often overdramatic and unreasonable, but right now, I feel like he's the *only* one actually being reasonable.

THIS and I swear to god when Elijah stabbed Klaus I literally yelled at the tv, "Youuuuuu Idiots!!!!!"

Joseph Morgan is also so damn good.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 3

I knew Aiden and Josh weren't going to get a happy ending but I kept hoping that maybe they would.  As soon as that i love you happened, I felt a tear come upon my eye.  One of the best couples on network tv.  *sniffle*

Is it too much to hope that this is all subterfuge and Klaus and co actually have a plan and this is all part of it?  Maybe not getting daggered, but pretending that they are turning against him.  Or was this Klaus' secret plan all along, to have his siblings turn against him?  

Is it just a coincidence that both Freya and Dahlia were trying to turn the Mikaelson's against each other or is this confirmation that the two are working together?

Edited by bluebonnet
  • Love 2

Nooooooooooooooo Aiden!!!! I knew someone was a goner once the ILYs and the plans to run away came up. But I knew it would be Aiden as soon as him and Jackson had their scene. It hurt so much inside, even though I knew from the beginning that Aiden probably wouldn't last. But poor Josh; his face and then he ran off. I wondered for a bit if he was going to show up at the end with Dahlia, wanting to work with her to stop Klaus, but good thing they daggered him instead. 

Oh, Klaus. Ok, so the daggering of him I do think is horrible timing, because they could use him to help stop Dahlia and they all need to work together for this to happen, but my god if I wasn't also incredibly satisfied to see every single person turn. And all because Klaus had to be an idiot, do exactly what Dahlia wanted (it was clear once she said she wanted to pit Mikaelson against Mikaelson, which meant she wanted Klaus separated from his family) and took the credit for Aiden's death. Man, Klaus, you're not usually this dumb. But he was being incredibly infuriating with him first off, not telling his brother the plan at all, and also making him choose. Now, maybe Elijah and Klaus actually did talk out a plan and this is just all a ruse for Dahlia's sake, but I'm not thinking so. Either way, it's Klaus' fault for not divulging his plan.

Now, I do hope that they don't decide that Klaus is the only one to come up with a competent plan and have everyone else fail spectacularly next episode. I would much rather have them almost succeed but realize that the last piece they need is Klaus, so that's why they undagger him. And, also, I hope they keep that dagger under lock and key. At least let them have the satisfaction of being able to also stop Klaus whenever they get into 'moods', like Klaus has so many times before. Also, nice to be reminded of Elijah trying to kill Klaus way back when they were both first introduced. 

I've missed Marcel and Davina terribly so I'm glad we got some scenes with them. Although I do find it odd that Marcel would never go see Davina after Kol's death to check in. I mean, he's been a bit preoccupied lately, but not really. 

Dahlia's a pretty strategic player, I'll say. I bet they don't keep her away for more than a day or two. Ok, maybe a week. That would be impressive, though. I also don't trust Freya.

• Love 1

You would talk with Cami in a Cafe over coffee..... and wish for nothing more? 

Way to aim low buddy.....

While I appreciate bold moves I don't necessarily love killing off characters I really enjoy, Kaleb/Kol, Mikael, Aidan.  On the other hand it's hard to get too upset by these deaths when staying dead on TO or TVD is usually an issue.

Dahlia was perfect in her scene with Hayley, trying to explain her crazy with just the right amount of "logic".

The casting department continues to knock it out of the park this season.

Curious how much Klaus will be in the next episode.

• Love 3

elijah helps michael to put hybrid curse on klaus, even though he was begging him to save him. then when klaus finally had an opportunity to break the curse he goes and tells everything to katherine and klaus lost an opportunity to become a hybrid for centuries. then wasn't it elijah who tried to kill klaus when he was breaking the curse and allied with salvatores?? why? because klaus daggered them? as far as i remember elijah has never been daggered before and was perfectly fine with klais daggering kol and rebekah multiple times. elijah is the biggest hypocrite of the show. then listens to hayley and accuses klaus of using hope for gaining more power. and now this? freya ? like klaus said wasn't it freya who helped finn to find hope in a first place?

lets talk about rebekah. the most stupid original. remember alexander, when because of her the whole family was daggered?? and wasnt it klaus who saved them and had to suffer hunter curse for 55 years, wasnt it rebekah who brought mikael to new orleans endangering not only klaus but also elijah. and for what? for a guy who chose being a vampire, his city, davina over her ? wasnt it rebekah who let klaus be beaten by an army of vampires? and now she is telling marcel how sick she is of klaus who just an episode ago exposed his mind to freya, despite his paranoia just to save rebekah. i mean klaus is flawed and paranoid and torn by his demons but honestly his family gave him every reason to treat them the way he does. has he ever put their lives in danger? he saved rebekah when kol tried to stake her, he saved elijah when esther poisoned his mind. he built this house for them and they still see him as monster and trust others before him. i felt so terrible when they accused him of killing aiden and he had to take the blame because noone would believe in his innocence anyways. watching them choose the sister they met few days ago and some dumb hybrid who will always choose her pack over klaus was just heartbreaking. i really hope klaus would not forgive them so easily. especially considering the fact that he has done nothing wrong.

at least klaus is not triing to be something he is not. he does what everyone thinks is the best option but to afraid to do it becaus it will make them to llok like a monster. someone has to be a bad guy and do a dirty work and it is always klaus

• Love 1

Josh: I love you too.

Aiden: ::smile::

Me:  Aw, dammit... I'll miss you Aiden.

I love this show.  And I love Joseph Morgan.  That final scene with Klaus and Cami was fascinating. 

And yeah, daggering Klaus will go badly for them. 

• Love 2

Oh, good. Klaus is back to his usual threatening, bullying ways giving orders. It's always "my way or the highway" with this jerkwad. I can't stand that his insecurity manfiests itself as Klaus being a megalomaniac. "Only I can save Hope! And I need the werewolves to fear me!" Gawd, SHUT IT.

Then he gets all self pitying by saying he wishes he was the monster that everyone paints him as. Okay, fine, he didn't actually kill Aiden, but let's look at all the other innocent people he has killed. He IS the monster that people say he is but he wants to act all butt hurt because this ONE TIME he didn't actually kill the person they think he killed.

Hahaha, I totally laughed when Elijah figured out that Klaus hid Mikael's ashes in the paint. That is about on par with Damon putting the moonstone in the soap dish.

I fucking LOVE that Elijah daggered Klaus. After all the times that he daggered his siblings, he more than deserves it. I mean, obviously he is going to be mad as hell whenever one of them feels guilty enough to pull it out but at least he is out of their hair for the next five minutes. I only wish that Klaus could somehow be aware (like the dessicated vampires who haven't had any blood while they are walled up in the garden) so that he could suffer the further indignity of time passing and not being able to do a damn thing.

And yes, this is a terrible time to actually dagger Klaus since they need all the help they can get to fight Dahlia, but after all the seasons of Klaus bullying everyone (particularly Elijah and Rebekah who seem to have Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to Klaus), this has been a long time coming. It's about time he got a taste of his own medicine. I know he is a main character so he won't remain daggered long. Let me just savor this moment!

Damn it, I knew Aiden was a goner as soon as he told Josh he loved him and wanted to run away with him. When Jackson forgave him, I was like oh, he is dead. And why did Josh do that tv thing where he dropped his backpack before going to see if Aiden was okay?

Ugh, I hated Klaus smirking when Elijah took his side against Hayley and Jackson. He is such a dick. But I hate that the show made it seem like this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Elijah, Rebekah, Hayley, Davina, hell, EVERYONE knows that Klaus is always like this. The only difference is that lately he has had other people besides them to direct his ire towards (Esther, Finn, Dahlia, Mikael).

What was up with Klaus's accent this week? For some reason he was doing that British thing of adding an R to the end of names that end with an A sound. First Elijar and then Freyar.

• Love 4

I've said this last week but I have to say it again. I am loving Klaus this season. His character has become so interesting and Joseph Morgan is doing a stellar job. He's been great as Klaus since TVD but now he just grew into the role. His facial expressions are so nuanced that he doesn't need to talk at all.

I really love the way he's written this year. He knows exactly where he stands from everything.

He is his father's son. He was tortured by Mikeal for so long that he became a paranoid monster who wanted to destroy the world.

But now he gets to use that hate and paranoia for a clear purpose.

I don't think he's been victimizing himself as he used to, just as I don't think we've ever seen him with such purpose before (even with the hybrids storyline). It's nice to see him in full combat mode. He definitely knew what he was doing. The ashes in the painting was a smart move, and the fact that he told absolutely no one about it means he was really up to something. 

Aiden and Josh broke my heart. We all saw it coming but still as sad.

Davina and Marcel are always nice together. I wonder if Kol will be back before the next season. I would be very happy if they bring him back as Nate Buzolic because he's a wonderful actor! Also, the show kind of made a strong point about the body hijacking with Eva/Becks and Vincent/Finn so maybe there's something there.

I wonder how his scenes with Davina will look since he's 30 and she looks a lot younger. 

Wouldn't be hilarious if she brings him back and they kiss and then it's weird and they're both like "friends?"

Cami's scenes with Klaus were surprisingly good. She was bearable but still...

I got really caught up when Klaus was talking to her about the things he'd like to do then the camera panned back to her and I was like "God I wish it was literally anyone else". 

• Love 4

Klaus kept ranting that Freya was duplicitous but never explained WHY he thinks that.  He started to, then Jackson showed up with Aiden so it kind of went by the wayside.  "She gave herself away when she was upset that we made only one weapon" or something.  I'm still not able to figure out what the heck he was talking about.

Freya still can't act.  Claudia Black is fantastic.

I thought Cami felt way out of place this episode. Even more than usual. I don't want to wish someone out of a job, but she just straight up does not fit here, and it's time to stop forcing it. I hope they let this character go by end of season.

I'm kind of too sad about losing Aiden and his pretty face to really figure out whether I liked the episode or not.

• Love 3

ITA with the poster above who said Claudia Black is glorious. She SO is. Even though Dahlia kills my beloved Grunwald and the beautiful AIden in the same episode I find myself still not hating on Dahlia. And it's all because of CB.

Still no Vincent. Boooo.

If that spoiler above is true then whoo hoo! I've missed Marcel and Davina's relationship, it was so nice to see them together again last night even though at the end of the ep Davina was grieving a loss. I really hope that they can keep Josh from doing something stupid to avenge Aiden's death or else Davina will be grieving yet another loss. :-(

Shut up, Cami. All it takes for an episode to grind to a halt is her appearing to head-shrink Klaus.

And finally, Klaus is daggered! It's such a credit to JM that I both cannot stand Klaus and yet can't wait to see how JM portrays this massively flawed, fucked up, evil person. I am still Team Anti-Klaus so I can't wait to see what Freya and Dahlia have cooked up. I really want to see Elijah and Rebekah just wake up and stop coddling him and his neuroses. I'm hoping that Kol and Davina's dagger isn't just a one trick pony. I can already hear the whining pontificating and accusations that will spew from Klaus' mouth when he is inevitably un-daggered and am already tired of it.

The less said about Hayley the better. Even baby Hope fell asleep during her mother's big confrontation scene with the vastly superior CB as Dahlia.

• Love 3

The less said about Hayley the better. Even baby Hope fell asleep during her mother's big confrontation scene with the vastly superior CB as Dahlia.

haha!

Do you think Josh will flip his humanity switch? 

Also, where's Gia? The last time she was around she 'explained' to Hayley why it's okay for Elijah to have a life and be his own person.  guess she served her purpose...

• Love 1

elijah helps michael to put hybrid curse on klaus, even though he was begging him to save him. then when klaus finally had an opportunity to break the curse he goes and tells everything to katherine and klaus lost an opportunity to become a hybrid for centuries. then wasn't it elijah who tried to kill klaus when he was breaking the curse and allied with salvatores?? why? because klaus daggered them? as far as i remember elijah has never been daggered before and was perfectly fine with klais daggering kol and rebekah multiple times. elijah is the biggest hypocrite of the show. then listens to hayley and accuses klaus of using hope for gaining more power. and now this? freya ? like klaus said wasn't it freya who helped finn to find hope in a first place?

lets talk about rebekah. the most stupid original. remember alexander, when because of her the whole family was daggered?? and wasnt it klaus who saved them and had to suffer hunter curse for 55 years, wasnt it rebekah who brought mikael to new orleans endangering not only klaus but also elijah. and for what? for a guy who chose being a vampire, his city, davina over her ? wasnt it rebekah who let klaus be beaten by an army of vampires? and now she is telling marcel how sick she is of klaus who just an episode ago exposed his mind to freya, despite his paranoia just to save rebekah. i mean klaus is flawed and paranoid and torn by his demons but honestly his family gave him every reason to treat them the way he does. has he ever put their lives in danger? he saved rebekah when kol tried to stake her, he saved elijah when esther poisoned his mind. he built this house for them and they still see him as monster and trust others before him. i felt so terrible when they accused him of killing aiden and he had to take the blame because noone would believe in his innocence anyways. watching them choose the sister they met few days ago and some dumb hybrid who will always choose her pack over klaus was just heartbreaking. i really hope klaus would not forgive them so easily. especially considering the fact that he has done nothing wrong.

at least klaus is not triing to be something he is not. he does what everyone thinks is the best option but to afraid to do it becaus it will make them to llok like a monster. someone has to be a bad guy and do a dirty work and it is always klaus

Actually, Elijah has been daggered by Klaus. More than once, actually. IIRC, the most recent time was early last season, when Elijah wasn't cooperating with Klaus, so yeah he has every right to get revenge. And I think Elijah did that so that his brother wouldn't become this uber powerful werewolf. He knows how his brother can be. Ok, maybe not back when Mikael helped to stop him, but he was still a young man back then with little knowledge about things, especially the supernatural. He told Katherine so Klaus couldn't break his curse and that she may live. And it's not just the daggering. It's the constant abuse, manipulation and deception with Klaus. He's not a good guy. Granted, neither are his siblings, but he's more so dangerous because he does whatever he wants and nobody can really do much but bat an eye at him. 

Even though Klaus occasionally does good things, it doesn't mean that he hasn't done way more terrible things. Rebekah has been the most abused out of them all. Not only has Klaus kept killing her boyfriends, but he makes sure that she doesn't leave his side and when she tries, he daggers her. He turned Marcel because he didn't want him and Rebekah together. He kept her daggered for fifty years to ensure that. Again, just because he hasn't done something wrong now doesn't mean that he wouldn't have done it anyway. They have every reason to believe that he would do it and he never denied it. This family is incredibly dysfunctional anyway. They are all terrible people and have done terrible things. They may all stick together for the most part, but it doesn't mean that they have a healthy relationship. Here's the thing; Klaus makes himself the bad guy. He doesn't need to be, but he is. He expects it from himself. Should he go to therapy? Sure, but it won't help him. All of them are too far gone to be truly redeemable, but Klaus could be nicer. We know he can be a nicer guy, but he likes being the villain and he likes harming and killing people. He enjoys using his siblings for his own gain and he seemingly doesn't trust them, so they shouldn't trust him either. Like Elijah said, trust goes both ways and they can't work together if he's going to be a paranoid jackass. That's on him.

So, should he have been daggered at their most crucial moment? No, they definitely need him. But he's too paranoid to work with him as he would just throw all plans off just because he cannot tell them what he has planned, and it's been a long time coming for all of them. He does these nice things for his own gain, not because he cares about his siblings. He is 100% selfish and rarely does things that don't benefit him. Trust me, I've grown to like Klaus on the show, but then there's episodes like this that turn him back to the guy I met on The Vampire Diaries, and not the more fun version, that make me remember why I detested him so much and never wanted him on his own show. 

Do you think Josh will flip his humanity switch? 

Oh...I never even thought about that! It would be interesting to bring that dynamic over from The Vampire Diaries. I mean, it could be interesting, but I don't know if I actually want it. I don't want to see Josh grieving over Aiden, but I also don't want him to go psycho killer on everyone. 

• Love 2

Aww Aiden. Not surprised at all.  You were a goner the second you turned your back on Jackson/Pack and started letting Klaus play you as a double agent to put you in charge. Glad Aiden figured out in the end he couldn't lead the pack because he turned his back on Jackson. 

I love Jackson's reaction to Aiden. Also liking his love for the baby and how Hayley protects him, it doesn't seem like a one-sided relationship where she pines for Elijah. Instead she and Jackson do appear like partners.

Poor Josh. :( I do hope we see him flip the humanity, it would add a new layer to this fight. 

Who is Freya to be giving ultimatums and telling Elijah and Rebeckha to choose her over Klaus? They've known Freya for 5 minutes and Klaus for centuries. Same goes for her weeping over Michael. She's crying and mourning, accusing the others of not doing so. The others actually knew him, Freya did not and wasn't raised by him. 

Cami can go away anytime now, I volunteer her to Dahlia. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

I'm not upset that Klaus got daggered (it has been a LONG time coming) just the timing in which they did it. I have a feeling that by the time he's been undaggered , Hope will be gone because

-sidenote- how dumb is it to hide out in the freaking Bayou? Like yea sure, Dahlia can't track Hope now, but who's to say that Dahlia won't just track Jackson or Hayley? Locator spells are easy peasy for newbie witches (Davina, Bonnie, et al) how easy would it be for a witch that's been practicing off and on for the better part of a thousand years? Any person with a brain would've figured out that Hayley will go where Hope goes and Jackson will follow Hayley. Like...it isn't rocket science? So know you're gonna hide out in the sticks with a bunch of wolves that Dahlia dispatched while, more or less, filing her damn nails?! Like...what kind of flawed logic?! And why would Elijah think that was a good idea? Am I giving the writers too much credit in thinking they'll see how much easier Hayley and Jackson made it on Dahlia? Like...they didn't even invite Davina/Freya out with them to give themselves a fighting chance. -end side note

But back to my point,  they put Klaus down, arguably the most powerful of the siblings, two dings before they're meant to go up against an even more powerful foe. it literally made no sense!

And, I hate to agree with Klaus again, he's right for thinking his siblings are idiots for trusting Freya so soon. She did help Finn find Hope earlier on, even brought him back to life after Elijah killed his body, so who's side is she trully on? She only really decided to help them out when she realized she couldn't keep Finn and earn their trust at the same time. And she's a hypocrit! She's bemoaning Klaus killing their father, a man that's terrorized Klau and her siblings for a thousand years, but she killed her own mother. A woman who's only crime to her was making a deal she didn't fully understand at the time.

Also, I can't fault Klaus for his shit-eating-grin when Elijah basically let it be known to Hayley that the Power of Poners was no match for the ancient power of Bros Before Hoes. He's not a Salvatore (and even when he ultimately puts Klaus down, he does it because of Hope).

• Love 2

Actually, Elijah has been daggered by Klaus. More than once, actually. IIRC, the most recent time was early last season, when Elijah wasn't cooperating with Klaus, so yeah he has every right to get revenge. And I think Elijah did that so that his brother wouldn't become this uber powerful werewolf. He knows how his brother can be. Ok, maybe not back when Mikael helped to stop him, but he was still a young man back then with little knowledge about things, especially the supernatural. He told Katherine so Klaus couldn't break his curse and that she may live. And it's not just the daggering. It's the constant abuse, manipulation and deception with Klaus. He's not a good guy. Granted, neither are his siblings, but he's more so dangerous because he does whatever he wants and nobody can really do much but bat an eye at him. 

Even though Klaus occasionally does good things, it doesn't mean that he hasn't done way more terrible things. Rebekah has been the most abused out of them all. Not only has Klaus kept killing her boyfriends, but he makes sure that she doesn't leave his side and when she tries, he daggers her. He turned Marcel because he didn't want him and Rebekah together. He kept her daggered for fifty years to ensure that. Again, just because he hasn't done something wrong now doesn't mean that he wouldn't have done it anyway. They have every reason to believe that he would do it and he never denied it. This family is incredibly dysfunctional anyway. They are all terrible people and have done terrible things. They may all stick together for the most part, but it doesn't mean that they have a healthy relationship. Here's the thing; Klaus makes himself the bad guy. He doesn't need to be, but he is. He expects it from himself. Should he go to therapy? Sure, but it won't help him. All of them are too far gone to be truly redeemable, but Klaus could be nicer. We know he can be a nicer guy, but he likes being the villain and he likes harming and killing people. He enjoys using his siblings for his own gain and he seemingly doesn't trust them, so they shouldn't trust him either. Like Elijah said, trust goes both ways and they can't work together if he's going to be a paranoid jackass. That's on him.

So, should he have been daggered at their most crucial moment? No, they definitely need him. But he's too paranoid to work with him as he would just throw all plans off just because he cannot tell them what he has planned, and it's been a long time coming for all of them. He does these nice things for his own gain, not because he cares about his siblings. He is 100% selfish and rarely does things that don't benefit him. Trust me, I've grown to like Klaus on the show, but then there's episodes like this that turn him back to the guy I met on The Vampire Diaries, and not the more fun version, that make me remember why I detested him so much and never wanted him on his own show. 

elijah has never been daggered before he tried kill klaus. after that yes, but before he was actually the one helping klaus to dagger kol and was perfectly ok woth him daggering rebekah. and then he decides to kill him for that.and rebekah is just plain dumb. i am sorry but i have never had empathy. and sometimes her love affairs can be dangerous.alexander is perfect example. and he actually did let marcel to be with her , he gave him a choice, if marcel really loved rebekah he would have never let klaus to dagger her, which is exactly klaus' point. didnt he choose to stay in nola after michael burnt the city , instead of being with his true love ? that is the thing with klaus he is far smarter than his siblings and he sees things for what they are. yes, most of the time it is also fear that they will  love someone more than and betray him, but isnt that what they constantly do? and in tonight's episode. klaus explained to elijah why he doesnt trust freya. wasnt she the one who helped the finn to find hope in the first place. freya has no love towards that child, she doesnt have 1000 years history with that charming bastard klaus, so nobody knows where her loyalties lies. and if dahlia offered her freedom in exchange for hope , do you really think she would think twice ? actually, klaus is the one being rational here.and what elijah does? believes everyone except klaus, and helps those idiots hay,ey and jackson to escape. again what right does he have to let anyone, even the woman he is in love with to escape with klaus' baby. and yes, klaus has done terrible things throughout his life, but when you are immortal vampire with thousand enemies you need to make people to fear you. the original family would have never survived 1000 years if people were not afraid of klaus, even elijah admitted that klaus' fierceness is the main reason the put down all their enemies , including michael. so yeah, he is the bad guy, but he never betrayed his siblings and tried to kill them 

elijah has never been daggered before he tried kill klaus. after that yes, but before he was actually the one helping klaus to dagger kol and was perfectly ok woth him daggering rebekah. and then he decides to kill him for that.and rebekah is just plain dumb. i am sorry but i have never had empathy. and sometimes her love affairs can be dangerous.alexander is perfect example. and he actually did let marcel to be with her , he gave him a choice, if marcel really loved rebekah he would have never let klaus to dagger her, which is exactly klaus' point. didnt he choose to stay in nola after michael burnt the city , instead of being with his true love ? that is the thing with klaus he is far smarter than his siblings and he sees things for what they are. yes, most of the time it is also fear that they will  love someone more than and betray him, but isnt that what they constantly do? and in tonight's episode. klaus explained to elijah why he doesnt trust freya. wasnt she the one who helped the finn to find hope in the first place. freya has no love towards that child, she doesnt have 1000 years history with that charming bastard klaus, so nobody knows where her loyalties lies. and if dahlia offered her freedom in exchange for hope , do you really think she would think twice ? actually, klaus is the one being rational here.and what elijah does? believes everyone except klaus, and helps those idiots hay,ey and jackson to escape. again what right does he have to let anyone, even the woman he is in love with to escape with klaus' baby. and yes, klaus has done terrible things throughout his life, but when you are immortal vampire with thousand enemies you need to make people to fear you. the original family would have never survived 1000 years if people were not afraid of klaus, even elijah admitted that klaus' fierceness is the main reason the put down all their enemies , including michael. so yeah, he is the bad guy, but he never betrayed his siblings and tried to kill them

Oh geez.  Klaus is a murdering asshole with a severe control problem.  Accept it.

But about the bayou, I keep thinking I might have missed something because it's completely illogical.  Unless there is some sort of magical barrier in the bayou that we haven't heard about, it makes no sense for the wolves to take off because witches can always find people.  

• Love 3

Who is Freya to be giving ultimatums and telling Elijah and Rebeckha to choose her over Klaus? They've known Freya for 5 minutes and Klaus for centuries. Same goes for her weeping over Michael. She's crying and mourning, accusing the others of not doing so. The others actually knew him, Freya did not and wasn't raised by him.

I don`t think they`ve realized yet that the problem with Freya and Klaus is that they are alike. So now they have sided with basically another Klaus, only this one they don`t know, can`t predict and who has no emotional connection to them really. Freya might want a family but no matter how bad things were between Klaus and the siblings, I believe Elijah and Rebekah knew he loved them. And just as their love for him gave him a weakness to exploit, it wasn`t entirely unreprocitical. With Freya, they are flying blind.

And I get that daggering Klaus might have felt cathartic, considering how often he did it to them and at times over basically a temper tantrum. It`s just stupid to be divided now. What happened to ye olde neck snap? That`s how arguments between vampires get resolved over on the mothership. Afterwards, Klaus could have been given a time-out in some magical box or something. This buisness will bite them all in the ass.

Though, I have to say the irony of it being basically over something he was actually innocent of. That reminded me of Season 3 of TVD when they tried one "kill Klaus" plan after another and all failed until they teamed up with him to take down a bigger threat and accidentally managed to "kill" Klaus in the process.        

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I have more sympathy for Elijah and Rebekah than I do for Klaus. I can admit Elijah is incredibly stupid in sticking by Klaus and allowing him to perform these acts, and I dislike this side of him. That's why I'm happy that he daggered him, because Klaus deserves it. There is no sympathy on my end. He reaps what he sows. What were they supposed to do? Let Klaus act out his plan that nobody knows a thing about? If he had told them his plan, then MAYBE he wouldn't have been stupidly daggered. That is not rational in any way whatsoever, to not tell his own brother about his plan. He knows Elijah would stick by him, but he's also always been about family, and that includes Freya.

The sad thing is that he has tried to kill them, or at least threatened it. Besides, they didn't really know about the White Oak Stake until a few years ago, so all Klaus could do was dagger them. Well, at the very least, he thought Mikael had the only stake to kill them. And he has betrayed his siblings...multiple times, actually, just like they have with him. I don't trust Freya either, believe me. I think she's up to her own games and is going to do something really, really shady and stupid so I don't blame Klaus for not trusting her. However, if he has a plan, he needed to share it way before Elijah got that dagger to put him down. And just like it will be everyone else's faults if Hope is taken, it'll be equally Klaus' fault for getting her taken because of his paranoia, stupidity and manipulative ass. 

• Love 1

Oh geez.  Klaus is a murdering asshole with a severe control problem.  Accept it.

But about the bayou, I keep thinking I might have missed something because it's completely illogical.  Unless there is some sort of magical barrier in the bayou that we haven't heard about, it makes no sense for the wolves to take off because witches can always find people.

and which of them is not?what makes elijah better? he is killer too. at least klaus doesnt pretend to be something he is not

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I have more sympathy for Elijah and Rebekah than I do for Klaus. I can admit Elijah is incredibly stupid in sticking by Klaus and allowing him to perform these acts, and I dislike this side of him. That's why I'm happy that he daggered him, because Klaus deserves it. There is no sympathy on my end. He reaps what he sows. What were they supposed to do? Let Klaus act out his plan that nobody knows a thing about? If he had told them his plan, then MAYBE he wouldn't have been stupidly daggered. That is not rational in any way whatsoever, to not tell his own brother about his plan. He knows Elijah would stick by him, but he's also always been about family, and that includes Freya.

The sad thing is that he has tried to kill them, or at least threatened it. Besides, they didn't really know about the White Oak Stake until a few years ago, so all Klaus could do was dagger them. Well, at the very least, he thought Mikael had the only stake to kill them. And he has betrayed his siblings...multiple times, actually, just like they have with him. I don't trust Freya either, believe me. I think she's up to her own games and is going to do something really, really shady and stupid so I don't blame Klaus for not trusting her. However, if he has a plan, he needed to share it way before Elijah got that dagger to put him down. And just like it will be everyone else's faults if Hope is taken, it'll be equally Klaus' fault for getting her taken because of his paranoia, stupidity and manipulative ass.

tell me what makes elijah better? he hold kol every time klaus daggered him,he said nothing when klaus daggered rebekah? he calls himself noble, but what actually makes him noble. he is perfectly fine with klaus doing bad things as long as he gets things done and elijah doesnt have a hand in it. so klaus is monster in everyone else's eyes and elijah is a good brother. he killed tatia and let everybody think it was her. klaus told elijah that he will tell him his plan if he forsakes freya because klaus doesnt trust her and he has every reason not to. and elijah is dumb enough to let hayley run, knowing that wolves are nothing against dahlia. and like klaus said itvis his child, letting the mother run with hope, without his approval is wrong. and isnt elijah the one who yearns for his redmption but when it comes to hayley accusing klaus, he will always believe her before nicklaus. rebekah is so stupid, i still remember dumb expression on her face when she took a fake cure, in front pf salvatores, knowing that they will killnher as soon as cure works.and when she realised that vampire army is nothing against klaus.

klaus might be ruthless towards his enemies, but like machiavelli said:men must either be cajoled or crushed;for they will revenge themselves for slight wrongs, while for grave ones they cannot. the injury therefore that you do to a man should be such that you need not fear revenge.

and btw he never actually tried to stale his siblings. kol did try to stake rebekah, and klaus stopped him. and when kol got killed klaus was actually the only one mourning him. so yeah everybody tries to paint klaus as the bad guyb, but if you actually analise his siblings actions you will realise that they are no better. plus without klaus they will get killed long time ago

and which of them is not?what makes elijah better? he is killer too. at least klaus doesnt pretend to be something he is not

I didn't say anything about Elijah being better.  I just think it makes zero sense for you to be arguing as though Klaus is some noble creature.  He's not.  None of them really are.  We're all essentially rooting for murdering villains, and that's what makes it so yummy.  

• Love 2

I didn't say anything about Elijah being better.  I just think it makes zero sense for you to be arguing as though Klaus is some noble creature.  He's not.  None of them really are.  We're all essentially rooting for murdering villains, and that's what makes it so yummy.

i never actually called klaus noble. honest, yes

I am a Joseph Morgan fan for how he portrays Klaus and so many times he deserves his fate.  This time no. He had every reason to believe Freya was not to be trusted.  They knew Klaus a 1000 years I don't get why they stake him for this (unless this was the plan he had but I wonder). Freya is a complete replica of Klaus and yet I find myself going toward him.  She's got a plan and it's not for the family.  Ahhh Dahlia, you are THE big bad.  Couldn't be better written because you are calm, calculated, and know where to hit.  This is where you need Klaus.  As much as I love Elijah, he is too "honor"" bound and not ready like Klaus.   I don't care if Davina is hurt what she did with Marcel was wrong. really hope now she can't get her boyfriend back now (even though I love the character).  Sorry but I want Klaus to be right.  Most importantly writers KILL off Haley.  This character sucks acting wise and cannot convince me she cares for a child.  Take the wolf pack leader too.

• Love 3

Knew Aiden was a goner (like everyone else) as soon as he told Josh he loved him.  I AM quite proud of myself for figuring out the ashes in the paint thing, though.  As soon as Elijah walked in and started talking about the ashes while Klaus was painting, I thought "he mixed them in the paint".  Have no idea how I figured that out (since I NEVER figure stuff out) but I seem to recall a murder mystery I read a long time ago where the killer mixed the ashes of the victim into his paint for his ceramic pots.  :)  Although, if they need the ashes for the stupid spell, won't mixing them into the paint cause issues?  Maybe I shouldn't think of spells like recipes, but I would think adding something extra, like freaking paint, would affect the spell.  Maybe instead of the instrument killing Dahlia, it will turn her into a pony drawing egomaniac. 

I am a bit confuzzled about the staking of Klaus though.  Was that dagger supposed to actually kill him or just put him into that suspended animation state that the other daggers do to his siblings?  Been so long since Davina and Kol made the damn thing, I don't remember what exactly it was supposed to do. 

I am a bit confuzzled about the staking of Klaus though.  Was that dagger supposed to actually kill him or just put him into that suspended animation state that the other daggers do to his siblings?  Been so long since Davina and Kol made the damn thing, I don't remember what exactly it was supposed to do. 

The dagger puts Klaus into the suspended animation state he puts his siblings in whenever it's convenient for him. 

I really enjoyed this episode! The tolling bells at the end were spooky in just the right way.

For some reason, I think Dahlia doesn't know what she got herself into by killing Aiden just after he told Josh he loved him. Josh has said over and over that his life has been lonely, and Aiden's death is sure to hit him *extremely* hard. I wonder where he ran off to when he left Davina. All that hubris that Dahlia was spouting about Aiden being a "minor player" and "a single match" that could ignite a forest, made me think -- he's only a "minor player" to *her* and to the Mikaelsons. But that's just one perspective. There are other people who he's desperately important to, namely Josh. And probably his brother? Anyway, I think that even though Josh (and his friends? Davina and Aiden's brother, etc?) might not be extremely powerful, he/they don't even seem to be on Dahlia's radar, which gives him an advantage, and he's/they're liable to be relentless. Because what does Josh even have to lose now? 

Anyway, I think that Rebekah and Elijah thought that they had to dagger Klaus because he was out of control/unstable. (Though it probably didn't help that they were angry and that Freya was whispering in their ears). Marcel was telling Davina that Klaus had lost it, and I think that's how they were all seeing his behavior. And tbh maybe he has sort of lost it. It's hard to tell, because he's always got an explanation for what he does that sort of makes sense, but is just a little too reckless/hasty/extreme to completely make sense. I mean stuff like killing Mikael and accepting the blame for Aiden's death. Or even killing Ansel, or the endless weirdness about being the only one able to protect Hope (despite avoiding holding her or spending time with her if at all possible).

Though of course he would take the blame for Aiden's death, because if *someone* is going to play the bad guy, Klaus *always* wants it to be him. That man is so screwed up.

Just as a sidenote:  I don't really get why it was a good idea to mix Mikael's ashes in with the paint. If someone burns the painting, won't they be out of luck yet again as far as Viking ashes go? The good thing about regular ashes is that they're pretty indestructible, I think?

I got really caught up when Klaus was talking to her about the things he'd like to do then the camera panned back to her and I was like "God I wish it was literally anyone else". 

Yup, felt the exact same way.

• Love 1

I thought Cami felt way out of place this episode. Even more than usual. I don't want to wish someone out of a job, but she just straight up does not fit here, and it's time to stop forcing it. I hope they let this character go by end of season.

I'm kind of too sad about losing Aiden and his pretty face to really figure out whether I liked the episode or not.

I too would hate to encourage anyone to lose their job... However....

I wouldn't be opposed to a shake up in the cast and a possible time jump.

I'm starting to become tired of everything revolving around saving hope. A leap forward could put some distance between the current storyline and new possibilities for season 3. 

This might not be a popular opinion but I could get behind dumping the Wolves all together.

• Love 3

Claudia Black is fantastic.

Quoted because it needed repeating.

lets talk about rebekah. the most stupid original. remember alexander, when because of her the whole family was daggered?? and wasnt it klaus who saved them and had to suffer hunter curse for 55 years, wasnt it rebekah who brought mikael to new orleans endangering not only klaus but also elijah. and for what? for a guy who chose being a vampire, his city, davina over her ?

Rebekah isn't stupid.  Of all the siblings, she is the one that is the most human.  Like many humans she tends to lead with her heart more often than her head.  That last line is why I can not get behind a Rebekah/Marcel pairing. 

I knew Aiden and Josh weren't going to get a happy ending but I kept hoping that maybe they would.  As soon as that i love you happened, I felt a tear come upon my eye.  One of the best couples on network tv.  *sniffle*

Is it too much to hope that this is all subterfuge and Klaus and co actually have a plan and this is all part of it?  Maybe not getting daggered, but pretending that they are turning against him.  Or was this Klaus' secret plan all along, to have his siblings turn against him?  

As soon as I heard the I love you I immediately went "he's going to die".  So sad.  I too am hoping this is just an elaborate scheme cooked up by the siblings to fool Dahlia and use Freya. 

Oh...I never even thought about that! It would be interesting to bring that dynamic over from The Vampire Diaries. I mean, it could be interesting, but I don't know if I actually want it. I don't want to see Josh grieving over Aiden, but I also don't want him to go psycho killer on everyone. 

My only concern is that the Josh actor is not very bright, so I'm not sure he has what it takes to bring on the dark. Don't get me wrong I love Josh, it just seems like he's portraying himself in the role young, cute, positive and witty.

I think with everything going down in the next final episodes, we might not be seeing Josh at all before next season. Davina said he left, so maybe he just skipped town and decided to stay away from a battle that's not his. That would be smart. 

Edited by raytch

Marguerite MacIntyre (who played Liz Forbes on TVD) wrote this episode. She's a very talented writer - she can write Klaus like nobody's business!

So sad for Aiden and Josh, they didn't get their happy ending.

I wonder how long Klaus will remain daggered.  I suppose it is karma after he repeatedly daggered members of his family.

I actually don't mind Cami - I found the scene where Klaus confessed that he didn't kill Aiden to be very powerful.  I think this show needs someone who is human (like TVD's Matt) and not a witch, vampire, or werewolf or any combination of thereof.  Cami's connection to Klaus is that she can pull out his humanity in a way that his siblings can't.

• Love 1

Marguerite MacIntyre (who played Liz Forbes on TVD) wrote this episode. She's a very talented writer

I agree, she is really good.

They need to do level the playing field with Dahlia somewhat, though. The only adversaries who can match and best the might of the Originals have always been witches so it makes sense they bring in one after another. It even makes sense to bring in family members for that since they originated from witches. However, this is only Season 2 and Dahlia already seems like the ultimate, unbeatable, uber-powerful witch with no weakness in sight. She is more powerful AND more cunning than them.   

• Love 1
Marguerite MacIntyre (who played Liz Forbes on TVD) wrote this episode. She's a very talented writer - she can write Klaus like nobody's business!

Thanks, I didn't know she wrote this episode.  I loved her as Sheriff Forbes and I love her writing as well, she did an excellent job with Klaus and Dahlia.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Davina and Marcel are always nice together. I wonder if Kol will be back before the next season. I would be very happy if they bring him back as Nate Buzolic because he's a wonderful actor! Also, the show kind of made a strong point about the body hijacking with Eva/Becks and Vincent/Finn so maybe there's something there.

I want to scream it from the rooftops - BRING BACK NATE!  My heart lept for job when Klaus mentioned having his ashes.  I sincerely believe, for the first time, that my beautiful Nate is coming back!  *please no one burst my bubble*

I couldn't help but wish Klaus was speaking to Caroline.  I like Cami (because Leah is so darn likable on Instagram), but they have zero chemistry.  

• Love 1