Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

What kind of lunch are we talking about? A little take-out, or something majestic?

I'm going to have to watch and erase stuff off the DVR so I can record The Flash, Agents of SHIELD and Drunk History. Tomorrow, I'm thinking of watching Survivor "live" and then viewing Arrow on DVR, and record South Park and Moonbeam City. I know, I must suck as a Mets fan (5/10, remember?), but there's stuff I need to keep up with. And I figure I'll record The Amazing Race and Doctor Who during Games 3 and 4 at Citi Field.

I can't fathom that a Mets fan, with them in the WORLD SERIES for the first time in 15 years, and going on 30 years since winning it all, is concerned about Survivor, The Flash, Agents of Shield and all of that other stuff.

It's the WORLD SERIES, man!

That sucks but so do my gray roots.

First pitch coming up any sec! Are you home and gray-less?

PS I decided that I do harbor resentment from 1986- not for THE METS, but for their fans who made my life so very difficult.  So I'm cheering for a good Series, and slightly siding the Royals. (I did not take that bandwagon test, I go by gut)

Edited by King of Birds
  • Love 4

First off that ump has the widest strike zone I have ever seen and second a first pitch, inside the park, home run. What a start!

1986 was my first year watching baseball for real. I love Bobby Ojeda. Good times. (And also, naturally, Mookie Wilson, namesake of the best cat in the world)

• Love 2

I took the bandwagon test, and score 3/10 on both.  But I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan, since I'm not really rooting for anyone.  As a Cards fan, I always lean toward the NL, but as a Midwesterner, I lean toward teams from the middle part of the country.  So they're kind of cancelling each other out.

I just want to see good baseball.

• Love 2

The inside the park HR was crazy and probably could have been if not caught at least played better. According to Fox it was the first World Series to have a lead off Inside the park since 1903. Not sure about the first pitch though.

• Love 1

The stories about the KC pitcher's father passing away today is an illustration of the monster social media has become. FOX won't say it on TV because the game is broadcast in the clubhouse, because allegedly Volquez doesn't know yet, but it is all over Twitter so the world know, but he doesn't.

The screen keeps going from HD to SD. I don't care who is announcing it, I just want it to look right! Aim you'll just have to take my word for what it looks like).

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 4

Wow!

Has an in the park HR on the very first pitch to a team in the WS, ever happened before?

I honestly heard three different years on my twitter timeline, one from MLB, one from ESPN and one from SI

The stories about the KC pitcher's father passing away today is an illustration of the monster social media has become. FOX won't say it on TV because the game is broadcast in the clubhouse, because allegedly Volquez doesn't know yet, but it is all over Twitter so the world know, but he doesn't.

The screen keeps going from HD to SD. I don't care who is announcing it, I just want it to look right! Aim you'll just have to take my word for what it looks like).

I hope his family is ok with that, and that the Royals PTB know,  because that would be a terribly shitty thing to find out on live television.

• Love 1

Replay, NY had no replay cameras to work with.  From my understanding both managers had to agree to go w/o replay.

That was mentioned, but the MLB-I broadcast was still working.  We know this because that's where we went when Fox went boom.  So there were cameras and a feed they could have used.

But, I'm getting all my info second hand...so what do I know.

They're actually still using the MLB-I feed.  Joe and Harold just threw out Matt and John.

Hannah Davis is cute and all, but I sure didn't think she'd be the one to bag Jeter.

Ha!  Thanks AimingforYoko, I found a news link, and sent to a big Jeter fan and her reply was "JEEETS NOOOOOOO!!!"

BTW That is classic Lenny Dykstra news.

Edited by King of Birds
  • Love 1

Oy. One in the morning, and they're still playing. I'll have to watch three hours off DVR tomorrow because I'll need that same period tomorrow. Can't believe Familia choked away the game in regulation.

ETA: .  . .  and the Royals win it in 14. Lucky for me I don't have a life, so I could take in  the whole thing.

I'm on vacation and I still fell asleep before it was over. I'm disappointed we can't get that sweep for NY to end on Halloween, heh.

I thought Andy Grammer's SSB was fantastic. He has a great voice anyways and did a great, no-frills job with it.

I wasn't paying attention, was anything done during the seventh inning stretch?

• Love 1

This is the first time I've paid attention to a baseball game since Derek Jeter's last game at Yankee Stadium.  Very good and exciting although way too long for me.

Interesting fact, the Mets have lost all five World Series Game 1's they have ever played.

• Love 1

I'm on vacation and I still fell asleep before it was over. I'm disappointed we can't get that sweep for NY to end on Halloween, heh.

I thought Andy Grammer's SSB was fantastic. He has a great voice anyways and did a great, no-frills job with it.

I wasn't paying attention, was anything done during the seventh inning stretch?

The Royals have someone usually sing God Bless America.  A couple weeks ago the girl who sang it, sang the SBB at the NASCAR race the next day in Kansas.

It's an early Festivus miracle that Fux is having technical difficulties so the MLB Network has taken over the broadcast.  No Joe Buck at least for now!!!!!

I believe I heard that it was a production truck failure that led to them having to switch to the MLB Network, so that means we now know who we have to hit to get better commentary.

• Love 2

I hope we have six more games just like that one. 

I hope not - if I'm not dead by then, it will take me 2 months to catch up on sleep!

KC had Andy Grammer - NY will have Billy Joel...enough said.

• Love 2

Hosmer got to redeem himself

It drives me absolutely crazy when infielders try to side saddle a grounder.  Chipper Jones used to do it all the time and every time he did I wanted to smack him and call him Laaaaarry.  Isn't it a fielding fundamental to square up in front of the ball?

• Love 1

It drives me absolutely crazy when infielders try to side saddle a grounder.  Chipper Jones used to do it all the time and every time he did I wanted to smack him and call him Laaaaarry.  Isn't it a fielding fundamental to square up in front of the ball?

That's what I was taught when I was playing.

Ok so this is just weird. USA Today reported Volquez was told about his father's passing in the clubhouse by Yost after he pitched last night. My newspaper, from an AP report, says Volquez was told on the way to the game. I don't get why it had to come out at all when it's the most personal thing that could happen to someone.

I am.

I think this game has been spectacular.

And look we can all go to bed at a decent hour.

Oh and FOX you might want to give Ken Rosenthal a box to stand on.

(How tall is Eric Hosmer anyway)

Edited by jennifer6973

Um did FOX just do a peanuts 7th inning stretch and cover over KC's God Bless America.

Dumbasses

Meh. I see zero reason for God Bless American even been done.    The National Anthem before hand is more than enough.   The 7th inning stretch should be for Take me out to the ball game and/or stadium specific traditions.

Why is Erin Andrews there is she even there?    I see no reason for two sideline reporters, one is hardly needed.

Two good games so far.  I find not really rooting for anyone enjoyable.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 6