Type keyword(s) to search

Younger in the Media: Niche Marketing

dcalley

From the New Yorker gift guide: Confirmation that those heavy necklaces Miriam Shor wears do take their toll.

actress Miriam Shor, who plays the elegant publishing executive Diana Trout on TV Land’s “Younger,” and who has become something of a cult style icon for the chunky, oversized necklaces that she wears on the show. She told me that sometimes her door-knocker pendants are so heavy that she has to take them off between scenes to give her spine a break.

• Love 2
(edited)

TV Line has an interview with Charles Michael Davis who plays Zane - its mostly about his stint on NCIS: New Orleans Debut but there is a bit about Younger too and this bit of information:

We start filming [Season 7] at the end of this month.

WHAT? They haven't even shot the new season yet? I suppose they needed extra time to come up with new ways to shoe-horn Josh into stories he doesn't need to be in (like that mirco dosing weekend).

Edited by Aulty
  • LOL 1

As much as I do like Hilary Duff, Kelsey is the least interesting character on this show to me. Well, she's slightly more interesting than Liza's daughter, but not much. I'd rather watch Hilary on the adult Lizzy McGuire show. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure I'm all that motivated to watch it if it ever *does* get released since it's been so long and I don't remember half of what's happened in the last 6 seasons. It'll probably be on the list by months after the show ends.

5 hours ago, Aulty said:

Paris - the place where authors and screenwriters dispose of their most aspirational characters. Can we get some sort of meta movie where Rachel, Brenda, Emily, Kelsey, alternative ending Carrie & Co all run into each other in Paris?

And when they all meet for drinks, they’re disgruntled with life in Paris and are desperate to return to the States. “I thought it would be so easy here!”  Heh.

13 minutes ago, Aulty said:

Between Hillary's pregnancy and Sutton's Broadway schedule the production slot for Younger is probably pretty tight.

Considering Broadway is shutdown until next summer, I’d say Sutton’s schedule is wide open.

• Useful 2

I’m not understanding why they think we’re going to be willing to pay to stream these episodes. I think most of us think they should have wrapped things up last season now that the secret of her age isn’t such an issue. How many new viewers will they realistically be able to attract for a final season to justify it being on a paid channel? I’ll wait for TVLand. 

• Love 7

How many + streaming services does the world need? Paramount+, Disney+, Apple+.

I'd like to see the last season because I'm kinda a completionist but if I don't get to...oh well. I'm with everyone else in feeling that it should've ended earlier, Josh shouldn't be shoehorned into storylines and since the cat is out of the bag with her age, it's just not that interesting anymore.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:18 PM, Mabinogia said:

I'd rather watch Hilary on the adult Lizzy McGuire show. 

So apparently that show is dead. I was really looking forward to it. From what I've read there was a disagreement on what Hilary wanted and what Disney wanted. Hilary wanted a more adult oriented show and Disney wanted something more family friendly. 

I'm really no fan of Disney but I can certainly see their point. I hate when shows like this come back and are too serious or adult oriented. I know a lot of people hated Fuller House but it's a show that knew exactly what it was and didn't take itself too seriously. Whereas Girl Meets World was nowhere near as fun as the original. It was super serious and kinda depressing. I hope they don't make the new iCarly show like that where they're dealing with mortgages, layoffs, depression, and stuff like that. Don't take these beloved kids' IPs and make them something they're not.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The show will show up on TVLand, just not the earliest release.

It still sucks.

It does.  I forgot how long we've already been waiting for the final season, but it was delayed at least a year because of the pandemic, and now if we don't give in to the blackmail we will have to wait yet ANOTHER year to see it?  It's a slap in the face to the fans.

By the time this streaming stuff is all over those people who thought it was cheaper to get rid of cable might be regretting that decision and coming back because they're naïve to think that the streaming channels are not going to up their prices after a while once they have them hooked.  The more such streaming networks there are the more people will want to add another one for every little thing they want to see and it will end up even more expensive than cable after a while.  

ETA:  I just found out that CBS All Access is turning into Paramount+ and I already have access to that from a friend's login so I guess that means I'll be able to watch it first run.

Edited by Yeah No
(edited)

Posting the promo again because the old TV Line video isn't working (for me) anymore:

Damn Lauren looks great. Where is Diana???

Edited by Aulty
5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Mild spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

Yeah, I thought Diana's absence from the featurette was suspisicous. Pity. Depending on how much time has passed in Younger-Land since the wedding she'll probably be on her honeymoon and Lauren will take care of her necklaces responsibilities.

Zane who?

Dropping 4 episodes at once at the start - another gome get me to encourage people to join P+.

And a tidbit about one of the mysterious dark haired ladies featured in the trailer:

Ana Villafañe has joined the cast of Younger as the Paramount+ series heads into its seventh and final season.
The Sunnyside and New Amsterdam actress will recur as KT, a highly organized type-A music manager to Floaty V, a very needy, on-the-go pop star. Always on the call, KT carries two phones and manages to keep the chaotic organized, often at the expense of her personal life. When Floaty V wants an Inkburg tattoo, KT’s interest is piqued by more than just ink. (via Deadline)

On 4/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, Yeah No said:

Just a reminder that this season will air on Paramount+ (formerly CBS All Access).

ugh. I don't want any more new streaming services - might wait until they are all up and then do just a month to watch this and the updated Real World NYC  

49 minutes ago, slaterain said:

ugh. I don't want any more new streaming services - might wait until they are all up and then do just a month to watch this and the updated Real World NYC  

They will eventually air on TVLand...

14 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

They will eventually air on TVLand...

The question is when.  Haven't we already been delayed at least a year already for this final season?

I just happen to have my friend's login to Paramount+ which he gave me for another show I never watched.

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

The question is when.  Haven't we already been delayed at least a year already for this final season?

I just happen to have my friend's login to Paramount+ which he gave me for another show I never watched.

I just read the mild spoiler article and it mentioned these episodes will also be available on Hulu, following the same schedule. So for any of those that already have Hulu and don't want to wait for TVland or pay for Paramount, we will be able to watch.

• Love 3
(edited)

55 Times Diana told it like it is

Moments that made us swoon

The love story of Diana and Enzo

Fails

Every literary reference in S1

What's wrong with truffle butter? Younger fan fave moments

Younger A to Z

Fan favorite fashion moments

Cast's favorite moments

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I just saw a commercial that showed that Younger premieres tonight on TVLand at 10 eastern/9 central. So much for plenty of notice. 

I just checked, the whole season is available on demand on my cable box. Oh wait, that’s season six. I forgot there was seven.

Edited by kariyaki