Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just gotta insert that I don't think the Vets would be "robbing" anyone of class space if they sign up like everyone else. Vets have to audition every year, just like newbies. And they're eligible for being cut before TC and during TC. So they have as much right to prep classes as anyone else, IMHO.  :)

Edited by Kaedee

IIRC there are some classes/sessions just for DCC (not sure if they are classified as prep classes though) but I believe the girls have an option to attend some non-rehearsal dance classes throughout the year. Think the last Stephanie D. Wheat class was DCC only.

ETA: I also think some DCC are interspersed in the regular prep classes to help show style, power, and whatever other "P" word Kelli says all the time!

Edited by pink317

I used 'robbing', because I couldn't think of a better word, it wasn't ment that negatively :D

And I do know vets have every right to practice before tryouts, some of them even need the practice. I was just wondering, because most open prep classes are directed at people wanting to become DCC, not stay DCC. But I suppose it might also depend on what kind of prep class it is...

Tryouts start this weekend, right?  That's exciting although I can't bring myself to care too much until the the second weekend when the veterans return and we find out if anyone gets cut.  I do hope that all of the veterans make it back this year!  

• Love 1

Preity: I was wondering about something... With all these prep classes going on right now, you probably have to sign up before you go and the number of people allowed per class is probably limited, right? Do returning vets get to go anyway? I saw Nicole in pictures from one class and that got me wondering, if all the returning vets and retiring girls went to prep class there wouldn't be any space left for girls who haven't made the squad yet... The vets would be robbing girls of their chances of going to a prep class

Good thought, I just read somewhere last week that the returning DCC and those retiring attend prep classes at Valley ranch on a different night of the week than those who are trying out for the first time. However, like someone said earlier there will always be a retired Vet or current Vet running the DCC prep classes for newbies.

Edited by DCCFAN71

Interesting... June 1st, 2015 is the first meeting, training camp. Wonder why they are not starting a few weeks after finals.

Finals is usually 2 weeks after preliminaries and semis. And then if girls made it into TC who aren't from the Dallas/Fort Worth area, they need time to gather their belongs and move.

May 2nd, 2015 – Preliminaries

May 3rd, 2015 – Semi-Finals

May 8th, 2015 – Panel Interviews

May 9th, 2015 – Finals

June 1st, 2015 - First Meeting, Training Camp

TC is usually starts after Memorial Day... seems standard to me.

Seems like I've seen it mentioned that they break for Memorial Day between Finals and TC. And as someone upthread said this would also give the girls that were temporarily staying in Dallas to see if they made TC a chance to go home and get their belongings or have them sent and find a more "permanent" residence. Don't the "rules" say that the candidate "must reside in or relocate to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex" once accepted to TC?  And at least once I've seen Kelli "narrate" that "it's been two weeks since finals"...

Kelly's daughter has been looking at colleges out of state, so I don't think she is going to try out. She wants to go to NYU or Columbia I think.

Kelli's daughter doesn't have the DCC look IMO.

• Love 1

I think Kelli's daughter wouldn't be old enough to try out until next year, but I agree that it seems like she wants to go away to college and wouldn't possibly tryout until she graduated college. 

If she's graduating from high school this year, doesn't that make her old enough?  I think she's a cute girl...and they've accepted girls who don't have "the look" (Jinelle comes to mind).  But I guess it's a moot point if she's going away to school.

• Love 1

Is her daughter a cheerleader now?  I really know next to nothing about her children.  She might not want to deal with issues like Cassie did, with everyone saying you made it because of your mom, no matter if you are talented or not. 

I really don't think Kelli's daughter Sam will audition, she seems very determind with her Ivy League Colleges that she wants to attend. She does do cheerleading and I'm sure could get on the team if she wanted to but I don't think she would audition. (But she'd get the same if not more judgement than Cassie had so it's so not worth it). Though I think one of her best friends Victoria Kalina who's mom was a former DCC (Tina Kalina) might audition she has dcc at the end of her twitter name already, so I think she's going to be really interested in trying out.

• Love 1

I found Victoria through Sam's twitter...wow, she does seem set on it! Bold to already change twitter handle LOL But she looks to be a solid dancer so we will see! thanks for heads up! I love having certain people to watch for.  And wow, she is gorgeous!!

I know she really does seem set on being a DCC, yes I agree she seems like a good dancer and she is really gorgeous. I hope she does audition and does well with them. I agree it's great to have some to lookout for during the auditions.

• Love 2

Somebody asked Kelli's daughter on Twitter about 3 or 4 days ago was she auditioning and she said no she will not be old enough until June and that she wanted to get a college degree first before possibly trying out. I think with a makeover she could really become more polished and have that DCC look

Also who is Victoria??

WendyW: Victoria is former DCC Tina Kalina's daughter. Tina cheered with Kelli when she was on the team. Both Sam (Kelli's daughter) and Victoria have cheered together for a while and are best friends. It's very obvious on her twitter page that she is interested in following her moms footsteps and wanting to be a DCC herself.

Victoria's account is something like victoriakdcc (I Could be wrong but that's just off memory from last time I was on her page)

Just did some victoriakdcc stalking and wow! This chick is THIRSTY. She's posted pics with Sydney and rookie Melissa. For all I know she might have genuine relationships with either of them but her tweets/pictures with them just seemed like fangirling. She also doesn't seem like DCC material. "A little girl" as Judy would say.

Just because your mom was a DCC does not a DCC make. Standards have changed. Just look at S1 to S9; girls were more "soft" back then for DCC standards and now, the girls are more slim, the uniforms littler. In fact, many of the girls who made TC and the team back in the day should thank their lucky blue stars because in this day and age, they wouldn't remotely make the cut.

Back on the "little girl" remark, I hope DCC doesn't pull a Victoria's Secret. They recently hired 5 new angels that look so prepubescent they belong in the PINK line. Unfortunately, I think DCC has moved away from the mature, "curvy" girls of Brittney, Jackie, etc and are into the tinier, younger girls. Younger looking girls trying for DCC need to grow into their looks and maturity before making the team. It's important to note, too, that the younger a girl joins, she is held to those weight parameters even during those next few years where her body's undergoing such erratic changes.

Taylor Nicole (from last year) looks too refined like Sydney all the time, but also resembles crazy eyes Emily Roslyn. She, like Victoria, also harps on their fangirling of Melissa and Mary as if it alone is going to her into TC and onto the team. Colby Hanks' dancing is en par with Caila's; very deliberate, snappy, rushed. And her smile is very grimkeeper and teethy (another poster said this of Trisha Trevino and I never saw it. Girl was aces). Aside from Amy Simone's new moves and new look, I haven't seen any girls I'm excited for.

Edited by homelife
  • Love 1

I found Victoria through Sam's twitter...wow, she does seem set on it! Bold to already change twitter handle LOL But she looks to be a solid dancer so we will see! thanks for heads up! I love having certain people to watch for.  And wow, she is gorgeous!!

Maybe she thinks (to quote Chelsea)  she's a shoo- in because her Mom's a former DCC.

Besides Meredith Cassie, and one other girl whose Mom was a former DCC (don't know her or mom's name) were there any other daughters of former DCCs that auditioned since the MTT started?

That girl was Natalia? Season 7? Anyone remember? She didn't make it very far.

You're correct it was season 7 (I went back and watched episode #1). Her name is Nadia from Florida and her Mom was a DCC in 1985. She only made it to semis and not finals. She said she was coming back the next year so I wonder if she did. I'll have to watch season 8.

I agree that their look has started to change over the past 10 years and I think the biggest reason why is that danged HD screen. You seriously can get away with NOTHING on that thing and it sucks.  Girls can look awesome in person but blown up there... you seriously HAVE to be teeny like Jinelle to look ok.  I hate that screen. 

I will be sooo interested to see if Victoria makes it.  I think unless she is horrible she will make it to TC.  I do think Kelli cares enough about the brand to not just put someone on the TEAM who is friends with her family.  But I would assume Victoria is getting pointers from her best friend's mom?? She should have no excuses for not being amazing.  Unless she really does look like a little girl in the uniform.  Jenna got away with it because she looked mature enough when she danced and was so poised. 

Awww Meredith.  I loved her.  I felt so bad when she got called in for weight her last season because you could tell she had to work hard at it (from the note on her mirror about nothing tasting as good as skinny feels, or something along that line).

That girl was Natalia? Season 7? Anyone remember? She didn't make it very far.

I felt bad for her! Natalia got cut because she forgot the DCC choreographed piece in front of the judging panel. I felt so bad for her when she said she had to go back and tell her mom she wasn't as good as her. 

But there's a HUGE difference between trying out now and trying out in 1985.  Sometimes I wonder if Kelli would have made the cut if she'd tried out now! lol  The standards are so much higher now than they were in the 1980's. Even Tina, Kelli's Rookie buddy said things were different now, so much more was expected of the girls.

Edited by Kaedee

I saw something on Sam's twitter (or Victoria's, now I can't remember) that was a TBT or something for previous years when they went to DCC auditions?? Does Sam go and help out someone? or is she allowed to watch? I know they said the auditions aren't open to the public but man, that would be an awesome perk as a judge's kid! To sit out of the way somewhere and watch everything.

I just looked at Victoria's twitter and instagram and I know it's horrible to judge people you don't know and maybe if she gets featured on the show I might change my mind, but she seems to suck up to so many current DCC and a little full of herself... But as I said, there's not much to go by. It'll be interesting to see her on the show if she really tries out...

Nicole's sister Erin went to finals last year and was posting pictures and videos of Nicole to social media. Sam and Dayton (Shelly Brahamell's daughter) seem to be at every fabulous DCC event. Last year, Sam was credited as the social media coordinator for MTT so maybe that legitimizes her presence at these things. But, I think its mainly just a perk of being related to the boss!

Awww Meredith.  I loved her.  I felt so bad when she got called in for weight her last season because you could tell she had to work hard at it (from the note on her mirror about nothing tasting as good as skinny feels, or something along that line).

That still to this day makes me sad. It said "No cheating when eating, you want to be thin!" She was living at home, and I can just imagine the shit fit my mom would have had if she saw something like that on my mirror (I have a cousin who had a pretty severe eating disorder and my mom watched what I ate pretty closely)..

• Love 1

I think it may seem like this Victoria girl is "fangirling" over DCC, but I genuinely think she's friends with many of the DCC's because of her friends/family DCC history. Hey, I really don't care who she is..if she dances well, she deserves a shot,

• Love 2