Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Colby is pretty and looks great for her age if she's really in her 30's...but her video looks kind of awkward to me.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-colby

I just watched the videos that are up so far, which only seems to be about ten of them, and the only ones that I thought looked decent were Raven and Christina. The rest are kind of awkward imo, but these fan vote videos are always kind of like that. Anxious to see the rest.

I thought Colby looked okay. To me the choreography style is rather stilted, so I think the true test will be finals and her solo.

(edited)

Here's Ashley Paige's video: http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-ashley-s I just love her!

Here's Chantel:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-chantel great, but the second half was weak

Courtney Johnson: http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-courtney-j looks clumsy and heavy on her feet

Amy Simone: http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-amy looks like she forgot the choreo in the middle, but at least she did something in between

Holly Marie: http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-holly Killed it!!!

Madeline:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-madeline also killed it

Edited by Bailey3606
(edited)

The choreography SUCKS! I was trying to count it out in my head as the girls did it and it didn't flow at all. 

So far, This girl is my fave from the people that I've seen: http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-robinshe also tried out last year and made it to the finals and didn't make it on the team. She tried out for the Mavs too last year and made it to finals. She's a TLD and she looks like shes having fun and managed to kinda make the choreography look good.

ETA: I just watched Holly and she did great as well

Edited by BK10
  • Love 2

So after watching all of the videos (all of the ones I could find anyway), Holly was the clear stand out for me. Her video reminded me of two years ago when Hannah and Leah Jo auditioned and they did fan vote for the first time -- that year, for me anyway, there were their videos, and everyone elses'. That's how I feel about Holly's this year. Wow, what a firecracker. You can just tell by the way she moves that she's trained.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-holly

I also loved Amy L.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-amy-l

Other stand outs for me were Shelbi C., Taylor S. (Taylor Nicole), Chantel, Janae, Jaclyn T., Kat, and Veronica. I'm sure I'm missing some, but these are the ones I took note of.

I really wanted to like Courtney Johnson, but her video is kind of a mess. She's a little frantic and out of control, and those turns...yikes. She's cute as a button though.

If Holly doesn't make training camp, I quit!

(edited)

Found this video on Holly's instagram. She's amazing!

https://instagram.com/p/ydcwAcFInp/

All she needs is a good makeover

I think she's precious just as she is!

Watching videos on her Instagram, she is just amazing! The only thing that worries me is that they might say she's soft. It's weird because she doesn't look it in some of the pictures but she does in the videos just a bit in the middle.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

I think she's precious just as she is!

Watching videos on her Instagram, she is just amazing! The only thing that worries me is that they might say she's soft. It's weird because she doesn't look it in some of the pictures but she does in the videos just a bit in the middle.

Oh I think she's precious too! Just not sure if the judges will think she has the "DCC" look.

Bodywise, I think she looks fine. Her body is very similar to Melissa's. But I'm sure K&J will tell her to lose like 7 lbs

I can't wait to watch them tonight and vote! From the bits I've seen, Holly is so cute but I'm afraid they'll be after her about being bottom heavy.  In normal world, she is not even close to bottom heavy, but for DCC...we shall see.  I bet they'll over her look otherwise though!

That Chantal girl is GORGEOUS!

All of the ice angels are too, wow!

• Love 2

Holly made the dance look not as horrible as it is. She was having fun and I really hope she makes it. I really hope they don't get on her about being "bottom heavy" if she does make it to TC.

..anyway, that Colby girl is..strange.

(edited)

Regarding Cami Branson.  There's 100% absolutely more to the story than she "forgot her dance".  They would still push her through to finals if that was the case, they do that with plenty of people.  She has the perfect look, they know she can dance, she has an unscathed reputation, she has elite stunting and tumbling skills, and she's actively involved with the DCC organization for goodness sake!  She doesn't have any dirt on her reputation or unregulated social media liabilities.  She's perfect for the team. There's 3 reasons I can think of that she didn't make finals:

1. They didn't want someone coming in with an established fan base outside of DCC.  Similar to Ashley Paige, only x100.  They want people who are known for being DCC and only DCC. 
  2. This was scripted, and she was paid by CMT to tryout and mess up for drama. Because you know all 400,000 instagram followers and their friends are now going to be watching DCC Making the Team.  It will be the best ratings boost the show has had. 
  3. This was scripted, and she was paid by DCC to tryout and post about forgetting her dance so it looks real.  This gives DCC more prestige, "Wow, if amazing Cami Branson didn't make it, then it must be even more of an honor than i thought!" and motivates more ppl to try-out, "Wow, if my hero Cami Branson didn't make it and I do, then i'm even better than her!" 

PS: i know someone is going to say she's a celebrity for cheerleading and not dance, but when you're on a world champion all-star cheerleading team with dance components in every routine, you know how to dance.  And if you've seen her videos, she's always front and center for the dance components.  The DCC dances are performance dance, which she excels at.  They're not doing fouettes and a la second turn series except in select show group routines and even then it's like 5 people.

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight

TLDR as Im omw to work but if she completely blanked (as she said) and just stood there like a deer in headlights as the term completely blanked implies, she would not have made it through. We'll have to wait and see on the show assuming it makes the cut.

• Love 1

I hope they don't. They we're annoying last season. I don't find them that pretty either, but that's just my taste. And how they seem to think the whole twin thing is something everyone should want to have on the squad is really annoying...

I wonder if Emily will try out again or if she'll stay with the Mavs. I feel like she is a little too concerned with how good she looks, but other than that I think she could be a good DCC.

I'm excited about Courtney Johnson trying out again, she made it to semis or finals last year and I really like her, we didn't really see her dancing, but she seems like a really sweet hard working girl and could be one of my favorites if she made in to TC.

My guess is that we will see a lot of people reaudition this year, especially with so many vets gone.

I know I am really, REALLY late with asking this but ... which vets decided not to tryout this year???

(edited)

Oh wow, yeah, there's Ashley Paige! I hope she has picked up the DCC style this year! I really loved her personality and she seems like the sweetest girl from social media. 

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/photos/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-auditions-050215#img_70

I agree!  Ashley Paige seems so sweet and genuine on social media.  I'm SO happy she came back!  She handled her wrongful departure with so much class, and she seems to be the epitome of poise.  I know I'm in the minority but I thought her dancing was fine, she just had a really stiff neck in all her movements.  That could have been easily rectified with a specific correction about it, instead of telling her she "looks like a robot".  I hope she makes it. 

If TPTB are reading this:  Don't be a fool!  Ashley Paige should be on your team!

• Love 1

Regarding Cami Branson. There's 100% absolutely more to the story than she "forgot her dance". They would still push her through to finals if that was the case, they do that with plenty of people. She has the perfect look, they know she can dance, she has an unscathed reputation, she has elite stunting and tumbling skills, and she's actively involved with the DCC organization for goodness sake! She doesn't have any dirt on her reputation or unregulated social media liabilities. She's perfect for the team. There's 3 reasons I can think of that she didn't make finals:

• They didn't want someone coming in with an established fan base outside of DCC. Similar to Ashley Paige, only x100. They want people who are known for being DCC and only DCC.
  • This was scripted, and she was paid by CMT to tryout and mess up for drama. Because you know all 400,000 instagram followers and their friends are now going to be watching DCC Making the Team. It will be the best ratings boost the show has had.
  • This was scripted, and she was paid by DCC to tryout and post about forgetting her dance so it looks real. This gives DCC more prestige, "Wow, if amazing Cami Branson didn't make it, then it must be even more of an honor than i thought!" and motivates more ppl to try-out, "Wow, if my hero Cami Branson didn't make it and I do, then i'm even better than her!"

PS: i know someone is going to say she's a celebrity for cheerleading and not dance, but when you're on a world champion all-star cheerleading team with dance components in every routine, you know how to dance. And if you've seen her videos, she's always front and center for the dance components. The DCC dances are performance dance, which she excels at. They're not doing fouettes and a la second turn series except in select show group routines and even then it's like 5 people.

These are all interesting points, but I have a hard time believing Cami would throw an audition for a payout from CMT. My guess is that her not making finals was a combination of not executing the dance and the fact that she's a celeb already. I can totally see them not taking someone like her because she's already established and people will associate her with something other than DCC (gasp).

I also disagree that they would take her even if she messed up the dance horribly. Even if she does dance in her all star routines, it's still not the same thing as what DCC does. I also think with her background K&J were probably expecting her to be a rockstar, so if she messed the dance up, that was probably super disappointing for them. She is, however, the perfect candidate to audition again next year, and I'm sure they're in contact with her and have encouraged her to do so.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think if Colin re-auditioned it would such an natural interesting story line .

I agree!  I'm disappointed Collin and Hannah didn't come back.  They look great and are dancing a lot, it would have been the perfect year to make a comeback.

I'm most disapointed Chandler didn't come back though.  She really got robbed last year!  She was an amazing dancer and absolutely adorable.  Who cares if Tina i'm stuck in 1984 and still think I'm a DCC Kalina said she looked like a grandma.

I checked out that lady's social media by the way, eek.  Imagine having three grown children and still living and breathing DCC?  All her posts are about DCC, and all her profile pictures are of when she was a DCC... as if those are the only two years that she actually lived.  It's downright creepy.

Oh and it's not like she was on the team last year.  It's been decades.

These are all interesting points, but I have a hard time believing Cami would throw an audition for a payout from CMT.

Yea I think you're right the more I think about it.  It would need to be a pretty substantial amount of money to throw away the opportunities that come with being a DCC, and if the story ever came out it would be bad.

By the way, did anyone else think the girl in the Texas sports bra named Taylor looks like a slightly heavier Kaitlin LeGrand?  I definitely thought it was her at first!  Either way, great outfit.

I don't think Cami messed up on purpose. Cheer dance is so different from the kind of dance that the DCC do. Cheer dance is about hitting precise motions to a beat and is more stiff than dance, dance. You honestly don't need to know how to dance in order to do the few 8 counts of dance in a cheer routine. As a coach, I've noticed that girls who tryout and have years of dance experience have a hard time with cheerleading because of how stiff you have to be while girls with no experience sometimes have an easier time. She might have been out of her element and may need to go take some dance lessons.

• Love 1

I think the girl just messed up on the dance

Kelsey said the vote is on the you be the judge on the cowboys website but i can't find it.

• Love 1

Wait! What?! Did Ashley Paige really come back? I could've sworn everyone said she was done.

She posted on her social media a few months back that she was considering trying out again..so i don't know where anyone else got that "done" info from.

Colby said in her webpage blog that she has returned to dancing after 20 years. She moved from LA and is a yoga instructor. We will just have to see how she does with DCC choreography. She sure did put in the time with DCC prep classes and one on one with Michelle Keys.

Really, I thought her friend Kaliegh is the Yoga instructor.

(edited)

Good to know! I see the posts I missed on the previous page about Ashley Paige indeed trying out. I really hope she makes it this year. She's from my hometown. I was re-watching Season 8 and she does seem really sweet. 

BTW - can someone please direct me to Ashley Paige's twitter?

Edited by Teresa

She posted on her social media a few months back that she was considering trying out again..so i don't know where anyone else got that "done" info from.

I think for the most part it was assumed, since she cheered for the Chiefs for a pretty good stretch and then didn't make DCC. I didn't think we'd ever see her again personally, but I'm glad that she came back. I just am nervous for her because of how TC went for her last year.

• Love 1

Good to know! I see the posts I missed on the previous page about Ashley Paige indeed trying out. I really hope she makes it this year. She's from my hometown. I was re-watching Season 8 and she does seem really sweet.

BTW - can someone please direct me to Ashley Paige's twitter?

Not sure if she has a Twitter but here is her instagram

http://instagram.com/ashleypaigesmith

I think they would have taken Cami to finals if she had done even just OK on the routine.  Honestly, they might even be happy that she blew it because it seriously DOES make them look even more prestigious that OMG CAMI BRANSON can't make it to training camp and she is basically a pro!!

OR I wonder if they knew she might have scheduling conflicts? Are there big competitions or anything that she might have in the summer? I could see Judy putting her foot down on bringing her to potentially training camp if that was a possibility (conflicts).  Never forget Kenley and pageant-gate! !

On the subject of Ashley Paige, I cannot wait to see her dancing! The judges know exactly what her weaknesses were last year...if she was still super stiff (which I honestly never really saw?) I doubt they would give her another chance.  How many Ashleys would that put on the team though?  LOL

(edited)

I think it hurts DCC that Cami didn't make it through. It might crush dreams. Some girls might think, if Cami can't make it, they definitely wouldn't make it. Like I said before, I think Cami being on the team would actually encourage other cheerleaders to tryout because they worship her and would love to be her teammate.

I definitely do think that's also why the Houston Texans had 1000+ girls tryout when the Cowboys only had 350 tryout. Girls watch the show and see such great dancers get cut and it makes them lose hope in themselves.

(Because why else would so many girls try out for HTC? DCC is by far the best and most coveted in the league)

Edited by Bailey3606

I have never heard of Cami Branson, but I cannot imagine CMT paying a low level celebrity to try out in order to boost ratings. Is she really that big of a deal?  The reference is totally lost on me.  I think someone already having “fans” would ultimately be a detraction for getting picked for DCC – a la Vivian.  It also makes me think about one of the earlier seasons when a girl got cut for saying she makes the uniform rather than the uniform makes her.  Also makes me think of the pageant sisters as mentioned above.  They are also looking for pom dancers not real cheerleaders. I remember that being a concern for them with Ashley Pro last year and even Cassie when she started. 

I hope Ashley Paige makes it!  I think her attitude was misunderstood last year.  I’m surprised she got cut by the Chiefs.  I wonder if they felt they were sloppy seconds to her after getting cut from DCC. 

All of the videos start to blend together to me after a couple viewings, but I liked Holly, Raven, Janae… Colby’s very pretty and really in shape but I thought her dancing was not good.

• Love 5

I think it hurts DCC that Cami didn't make it through. It might crush dreams. Some girls might think, if Cami can't make it, they definitely wouldn't make it. Like I said before, I think Cami being on the team would actually encourage other cheerleaders to tryout because they worship her and would love to be her teammate.

I definitely do think that's also why the Houston Texans had 1000+ girls tryout when the Cowboys only had 350 tryout. Girls watch the show and see such great dancers get cut and it makes them lose hope in themselves.

(Because why else would so many girls try out for HTC? DCC is by far the best and most coveted in the league)

I agree that it would be good for DCC to have someone like Cami, but I think if they weighed the pros and cons they'd rather not have someone like that. After all they've remained the top dance team in the league and done just fine without her, so she won't make or break them.

But don't get me wrong, I would have liked to see her on the team.

Just weighing in here, but I don't think Cami threw the audition. That's just so conspiracy theory. We weren't there, so we don't know how badly she forgot the material. Remember when Kelsey Lauren totally forgot the routine? She was a great dancer, forgot the routine and didn't make the finals. She tried out again in S7 and made the team because she was able to do the routine in semis. Cami may have totally blown the combination (which is what she said on her Instagram page: said she forgot it start to finish) and that cost her the finals. I'm sure she'll be back next year and hopefully she pull a Kelsey Lauren and make it through!

• Love 4

I think they would have taken Cami to finals if she had done even just OK on the routine.  Honestly, they might even be happy that she blew it because it seriously DOES make them look even more prestigious that OMG CAMI BRANSON can't make it to training camp and she is basically a pro!!

OR I wonder if they knew she might have scheduling conflicts? Are there big competitions or anything that she might have in the summer? I could see Judy putting her foot down on bringing her to potentially training camp if that was a possibility (conflicts).  Never forget Kenley and pageant-gate! !

On the subject of Ashley Paige, I cannot wait to see her dancing! The judges know exactly what her weaknesses were last year...if she was still super stiff (which I honestly never really saw?) I doubt they would give her another chance.  How many Ashleys would that put on the team though?  LOL

I have a bad memory at times, but wasn't Ashley Paige in Training Camp two years ago? I don't remember her trying out last season.

Just weighing in here, but I don't think Cami threw the audition. That's just so conspiracy theory. We weren't there, so we don't know how badly she forgot the material. Remember when Kelsey Lauren totally forgot the routine? She was a great dancer, forgot the routine and didn't make the finals. She tried out again in S7 and made the team because she was able to do the routine in semis. Cami may have totally blown the combination (which is what she said on her Instagram page: said she forgot it start to finish) and that cost her the finals. I'm sure she'll be back next year and hopefully she pull a Kelsey Lauren and make it through!

I agree. Also, the talent could really be top notch this year and we have no idea what/who she was competing with.

(edited)

I have a bad memory at times, but wasn't Ashley Paige in Training Camp two years ago? I don't remember her trying out last season.

I thought Ashley Paige tried out in 2013 as well.

Edited by Lorimar263

How do yall know that she tried out with the Chiefs after DCC cut her?

You guys are right, it was season 8! When they picked Morgan AND Kaitlyn over her.

This is a perfect example of why you need to pick girls who have the experience and are right for the team. We all see how Kaitlyn and Morgan turned out. Ashley was well-spoken, poised, and made probowl for goodness sake! Kelli and Judy need to wake up

• Love 1

Morgan was just bad. I cannot believe she made it that season over Ashley...also Kaitlyn. What were they thinking?! By the way, did Kaitlyn quit mid-season or get kicked off?

Oh wow!  Yes, I totally thought Ashley was last year! I hope she makes it this year.  With so many vets leaving, they might value her leadership and maturity more this year than other years. 

This is a perfect example of why you need to pick girls who have the experience and are right for the team. We all see how Kaitlyn and Morgan turned out. Ashley was well-spoken, poised, and made probowl for goodness sake! Kelli and Judy need to wake up

Kaitlyn and Morgan are perfect examples of we-don't-see-everything in MTT. I never understood why Kelli and Judy brought them onto the team. They even went OVER the 36 team members in order to keep M and K. Since Morgan couldn't remember the routines and Kaitlyn just seemed like a dingbat, there must have been other reasons. I know they like personable people, those who do well in interviews, etc. And while Morgan seemed composed and articulate, again, Kaitlyn seemed like a dingbat. So I just don't get it. If they could wake up Breelan's "Wow," why couldn't they wake up Ashley's?  There's just so much going on at TC that we don't see.

• Love 1

Morgan was just bad. I cannot believe she made it that season over Ashley...also Kaitlyn. What were they thinking?! By the way, did Kaitlyn quit mid-season or get kicked off?

She gained too much weight so K&J didn't let her perform at games/do appearances anymore