Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

That choreography is awful. Hard to get a feel for them because it does not flow, imo. Hate the music cut too.

Taylor B is a former dolphins cheerleader and was in TC with the Broncos this year.

• Love 2

Morgan has a strong Kitty connection. Kitty pushed hard for her. Firmly believe if Chelsea and Courtney Cook would have made the team, Kaitlyn and Morgan may not have.

Back to this season....

They have quite a few that look exactly the same - Ashley Paige, Kelsey, etc. Interesting to see if they all make TC.

The word celebrity is being used very liberally lol.

• Love 1

Ahh Courtney Cook! that's right...that's the year she had other issues and had to drop out before camp. I'm still sad about that.  She was adorable and just so likeable.  Morgan honestly must have been a fantastic person..she's still close with lots of the girls (photographs their weddings!) and was a 'locker room favorite.'  But I think I could pick up the dances faster. Kaitlyn I will NEVER understand, even though I did think she was sweet. 

Chantel Jones is the cutest...wow! She has so much sparkle.  I really hope she makes it.  She kind of reminds me of Nicole Bulcher (probably mostly for the hair lol) 

How many times can we vote?

• Love 2
(edited)

Give me Ashley Paige, hands down. I won't ever forget Kelsey's 50 yards on a football field comment haha.

And Cami isn't a celebrity. She is considered a "cheerlebrity" though. (I didn't make that word up, they really do call her that lol)

And Laurenbrook I agree! Chantel is such a cutie and has an amazing body. I remember she moved down to Dallas from Washington years ago to try out for DCC and never made it. She was a great mavs dancer, but I'd like to see her fulfill her DCC dream!

Edited by Emilyhitch
  • Love 3

Give me Ashley Paige, hands down. I won't ever forget Kelsey's 50 yards on a football field comment haha.

And Cami isn't a celebrity. She is considered a "cheerlebrity" though. (I didn't make that word up, they really do call her that lol)

And Laurenbrook I agree! Chantel is such a cutie and has an amazing body. I remember she moved down to Dallas from Washington years ago to try out for DCC and never made it. She was a great mavs dancer, but I'd like to see her fulfill her DCC dream!

I didn't know that! was she featured at all in a previous MTT?  I did notice on her instagram that she is BFF with Paula Tabares.  Hopefully she can pick up the DCC style easier than Paula did lol  (I did really like Paula! seemed so sweet and GORGEOUS...but just couldn't get the style)

I had never heard of Cami before discussions here so agreed, not a legit 'celebrity'...but holy crap, she has a lot of followers on social media.

• Love 1
(edited)

That choreography is awful. Hard to get a feel for them because it does not flow, imo. Hate the music cut too.

The choreography was done to a 1-2 count, which is great for dancing in a club. But is it great for doing choreography? Not a choreographer, so I don't know. But the dance routine just seemed clunky and erratic to me. There didn't seem to be much rhyme to where the girls were on the floor, or I guess you could say not much coherent use of their space. Last year's routine was better. But I guess you're not going to hit it out of the park every season.

Edited by Kaedee

Kaitlyn and Morgan are perfect examples of we-don't-see-everything in MTT. I never understood why Kelli and Judy brought them onto the team. They even went OVER the 36 team members in order to keep M and K. Since Morgan couldn't remember the routines and Kaitlyn just seemed like a dingbat, there must have been other reasons. I know they like personable people, those who do well in interviews, etc. And while Morgan seemed composed and articulate, again, Kaitlyn seemed like a dingbat. So I just don't get it. If they could wake up Breelan's "Wow," why couldn't they wake up Ashley's? There's just so much going on at TC that we don't see.

I don't remember Breelan's wow being woken up. LOL. Not the point of the post I know, but Breelan is just a hot mess imo. Ashley Paige on the other hand...I dunno, I'm not a dancer so maybe I don't see what they're seeing, but I just felt like they picked her apart unnecessarily and gave her a harder time than was warranted. I hope they give her a chance this year. I also hope that the above poster is right and that K&J will value her experience and leadership skills this year with so many retiring vets.

I don't remember Breelan's wow being woken up. LOL. Not the point of the post I know, but Breelan is just a hot mess imo. Ashley Paige on the other hand...I dunno, I'm not a dancer so maybe I don't see what they're seeing, but I just felt like they picked her apart unnecessarily and gave her a harder time than was warranted. I hope they give her a chance this year. I also hope that the above poster is right and that K&J will value her experience and leadership skills this year with so many retiring vets.

To tell you the truth, I don't know if they've woken up Breelan's "wow" or not! lol  That's just what Kelli said when they decided to keep her on the team. I haven't seen much of her dancing since then, since she's usually in the back and I don't watch the games. I just see what I see on YouTube!

With Breelan barely making the team last year, and her obvious weight gain coming into tryouts this year, I think she should be extremely thankful so many vets are retiring.

That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if they still did cut her. Yes, she is being used a little in promos and stuff like that, but a pretty face can only get you so far. At least Ashley tumbles, and Caila looks like she has improved. If Breelan doesn't improve drastically in her dancing and weight, she is about to be embarrassed by some TCC's in the coming weeks.

It's kind of mean to say this but I hope there is at least have one veteran cut. Yes, it's sad but man does it make great TV! I definitely feel like once the final team photo is released and one of the vets are missing, more people would tune into the show to see who got cut.

Would help ratings for sure haha

I too felt like they were far harder on Ashley Paige than necessary. It just seems like they did not like her at all. Actually surprised she made it to finals considering.

Have you seen her dance since the show aired? Just curious.

I seriously think DCC needs to invent a new signature dance. It's getting old seeing the same one every year. 

With Breelan barely making the team last year, and her obvious weight gain coming into tryouts this year, I think she should be extremely thankful so many vets are retiring.

That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if they still did cut her. Yes, she is being used a little in promos and stuff like that, but a pretty face can only get you so far. At least Ashley tumbles, and Caila looks like she has improved. If Breelan doesn't improve drastically in her dancing and weight, she is about to be embarrassed by some TCC's in the coming weeks.

Breelan's gained a lot of weight? It didn't look like that from that photo of her sitting in her DCC cubbie on the DCC Facebook page. Of course, she's sitting. Do you have a recent link for her? I can't remember if we saw her during the swimsuit shoot, but I didn't notice anyone looking bad (except during the weird angles photos...).

• Love 1

I noticed that Breelan looked a bit soft too but I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks. Teresa I have not seen Breelan dance since MTT but she was just such a mess then that I have a hard time believing she's made a major improvement. I've also seen multiple posts from members here who have been at games who have said she's low energy and still makes weird faces. I just really don't get it with her.

I seriously think DCC needs to invent a new signature dance. It's getting old seeing the same one every year. 

Yes! Some of the sideline dances are from 2006. Thunderstruck is 5-6 years old. Loud is also ancient. I know them all already lol. If I'm tired of seeing them, I know the girls are tired of performing them!

Yes! Some of the sideline dances are from 2006. Thunderstruck is 5-6 years old. Loud is also ancient. I know them all already lol. If I'm tired of seeing them, I know the girls are tired of performing them!

Do they still perform Loud? I thought they switched from Loud to Thunderstruck a few years back? I liked Loud far better musically and choreographically. Thunderstruck is awful in every sense. I hate that dance and the song. 

Regarding Breelan - I see now. She's very soft in the mid-section, for a DCC. When she was in the bikini next to Loren it was really obvious. Guess we'll see what happens during MTT S10!

Do they still perform Loud? I thought they switched from Loud to Thunderstruck a few years back? I liked Loud far better musically and choreographically. Thunderstruck is awful in every sense. I hate that dance and the song. 

They just performed Loud at the ACM awards so its still in the rotation. They have a longer version with kick line and a shorter one that stops after the second chorus. Thunderstruck is always used for the pregame performance. I feel like every routine is based around the moves from Loud or Thunderstruck so if you can get two down, its very easy to learn the rest. Might be easy to mix everything up but not 'hard' to learn the routines. They desperately need new material!

PS. Voting is open!

(edited)

I'm watching through the finalists, and I gotta say ... that truly is AWFUL choreography!

And I hate to say it, but Amy Simone got out danced by a lot of the girls.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

I noticed that Breelan looked a bit soft too but I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks. Teresa I have not seen Breelan dance since MTT but she was just such a mess then that I have a hard time believing she's made a major improvement. I've also seen multiple posts from members here who have been at games who have said she's low energy and still makes weird faces. I just really don't get it with her.

Breelan still can't keep up with the dancing.  This video is from 2 weeks ago, she's on the far right with the black and white newspaper looking leggings.  she sticks out in a bad way, dancing wise:  https://instagram.com/p/11vcV1JPXC/?taken-by=stephaniedwheat 

and remember the halloween halftime dance when the jumbotron went to her for a few seconds and she looked so miserable/scared ?

Does anyone know the link for voting or if it is up?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION IVE ASKED IT LIKE TWICE ALREADY AND I HAVE BEEN IGNORED

Does anyone know the link for voting or if it is up?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION IVE ASKED IT LIKE TWICE ALREADY AND I HAVE BEEN IGNORED

http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/dcc-vote-2015

Breelan still can't keep up with the dancing. This video is from 2 weeks ago, she's on the far right with the black and white newspaper looking leggings. she sticks out in a bad way, dancing wise: https://instagram.com/p/11vcV1JPXC/?taken-by=stephaniedwheat

and remember the halloween halftime dance when the jumbotron went to her for a few seconds and she looked so miserable/scared ?

I remember that! I was cracking up when I saw that the first time haha. Everyone looked so happy and Breelan looked like she hated her life

• Love 1

voting is up, they only list each girl's name and city in their Bios this year. I wish they listed their occupations.

I'm glad they got rid of listing each girl's accomplishments though. It was cringeworthy seeing 23 year old girls listing "Homecoming queen" as their only accomplishment. (Cough, Vivian)

• Love 1

Voting is a popularity contest. Whoever has the biggest craziest family and circle of influence will win the fan vote.

The dance matters next week when they are on the field at finals. I'm sure the girls are practicing like crazy. I wouldnt expect to see such fatigued performances next week.

Haha Emily, I'm with you about the good drama when vets get cut. It's a cutthroat business. Nothing personal, but there are several vets I wouldn't miss. This year the dolphins cut about 10 vets, now that would be drama if dcc did the same.

• Love 1

http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/dcc-vote-2015

I remember that! I was cracking up when I saw that the first time haha. Everyone looked so happy and Breelan looked like she hated her life

I just watched that video on youtube and you're so right. Wow she's worse than I remembered! I'll be shocked if she makes it back this year. Then again, Cassie was just as big of a hot mess dancer too and look how long she lasted. Without Melissa or someone in Breelan's corner though, she may not stand a chance. 

• Love 1

Voted for today!! I'm torn between voting for girls I think are awesome and ones I think have potential but may not get judges vote lol 

Holly is absolutely one of the best! wow!!! she has the it factor to me and i don't think she looks bottom heavy in the dance at all.  I also loved Carolyn!! Amazing dancer and great 'projection' ;)  

I didn't think Breelan looked soft until you pointed out those photos...in the ones on her insta she looks great.  And yeah, hardly any videos that she posts of herself dancing.  It will be sooooo interesting to see what happens with her! 

I can't imagine any of the other rookies (outside of I guess Ashley P or Caila) getting cut...Victoria, Lacey, Mary, Melissa...they all seem so fabulous, all the time. AND ERICA.  I love love love her.  She is an outstanding dancer and just always looks like she is having the best time.  

• Love 1

I can only go through those videos once, so here are my first-glimpse likes:

Pg 1

Bethany

Raven

Taylor S

Holly

Pg 2

Megan A

Shelbi

There were others I thought were cute, but those were my favs!

I also am by no means a dance expert but I don't think the choreography for the voting dance is that bad...the cool thing about it (in my opinion) is that when a girl who is a fabulous dancer does it, it looks awesome and fits the music!  It's almost like a test to see who truly is a great dancer. Because they will make the choreography actually seem cool  LOL 

I also am by no means a dance expert but I don't think the choreography for the voting dance is that bad...the cool thing about it (in my opinion) is that when a girl who is a fabulous dancer does it, it looks awesome and fits the music!  It's almost like a test to see who truly is a great dancer. Because they will make the choreography actually seem cool  LOL 

That's one of the reasons I liked Taylor - she's the first one who danced it where I could detect some musicality! lol

The problem with the choreography is that it's stilted. It goes from some nice moves then suddenly they're squatting, then a couple more nice moves then it goes into a couple of twirls, but there's no real good lead in for the pirouettes. They're just stuck in there and almost none of the girls could make the dance flow into that - or out of it, for that matter. That's bad choreography. :)

That's one of the reasons I liked Taylor - she's the first one who danced it where I could detect some musicality! lol

The problem with the choreography is that it's stilted. It goes from some nice moves then suddenly they're squatting, then a couple more nice moves then it goes into a couple of twirls, but there's no real good lead in for the pirouettes. They're just stuck in there and almost none of the girls could make the dance flow into that - or out of it, for that matter. That's bad choreography. :)

haha fair enough :)  i think for me it was just like, ooo that girl was able to move from the hip swivel to the squat and up into the turn!  but yeah, the turns at the end are awkward.  

Regarding Cami Branson.... 

ThreaLevelMidnight I'm not going to let you take all the heat for your theory about Cami because it crossed my mind, too. Cami is gorgeous and I have no doubt they'd put her in TC regardless of her audition, but maybe she had a conflict for this year so they said "Come out, flub, you'll still get exposure and everyone will root for you next year." She may be a "cheerlebrity," but the show is solid national exposure that has given two girls who have appeared on it decent entertainment careers.

And for a more popular opinion, Holly is completely adorable and a fantastic dancer. I'll totally be pulling for her!

• Love 1

Not sure how I missed her the first time but Jaclyn Tisdale, the LSU Golden Girl is great as well! And wow, she is gorgeous!

whoa agree! i just went and watched her too...will def be voting for her tomorrow!! 

I'm too lazy to watch them all dance, so I will vote for the ethnic girls. That's what I do every year. Someon different. Raven stood out to me as well.

20 states plus Mexico represented! Pretty good showing.

And I hate to say it, but Amy Simone got out danced by a lot of the girls.

She started out very slow in the beginning. Anybody else notice it? 

Taylor Nicole retweeted that Kyle Bosworth (Dallas Cowboys linebacker) and Arie Luyendyk (Former Bachelorette star and race car driver) voted for her. That's awesome! I loved Arie on the Bachelorette haha

(edited)

My ten that got my are

the 2 taylors , chantel , bethany , hilary , raven , rose , courtney , stephannie and kelsey

i also really like ellen

Edited by mmm
(edited)

Does Courtney Johnson's solo outfit remind you of anything? BCA halftime much? I love it though and she looks amazing!

https://twitter.com/johnsoncourt/status/595444864264773632

I wonder if Kelli would make Taylor find a new job if she makes the team. Kelli didn't even want Danielle to be a waitress because of the creepers she might have to interact with. I know Taylor's job requires her to wear revealing outfits such as this one. Not very DCC/America's sweetheart-like https://instagram.com/p/Y308wBFFFS/

Edited by Emilyhitch

She started out very slow in the beginning. Anybody else notice it? 

I just wonder if Amy Simone just can't dance DCC style. There were many girls who did better than her in the style, bad though the choreography was. About half the finalists did better. Of course, this is just for voting purposes and, as someone else pointed out, these vids were made after a hugely long day. Maybe she'll do better at the actual finals.

I was rewatching some of the videos and I'm honestly surprised more people here haven't mentioned Kat (the one that someone said looks like Cassie, but she reminds me of Meagan McVay). Her turns are gorgeous and she had one of the most beautiful and controlled kicks out of all the candidates imo. She looks like she has a lot of potential and I think we'll probably see her in training camp.