Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Amy Simone instagram page    https://instagram.com/amyysimone/

OMG, she is awesome. If she has great kicks they just might invite her to TC. She makes you only want to watch her!

Wait, is Courtney Johnson the one who tried out last year or year before or something, had an article written about her? She looks so familiar...cute dancer but the two Michelle Keys featured last week blow her away.  Need to watch more of Amy's stuff...I see her commenting on recent pics of other DCC's, like "SO great meeting you/pow wow ing/getting to know you"...she is definitely trying to make friends with the current girls! 

Courtney has been friends with Kelli's daughter for a few years.

Kelli said she liked Amy Simone, thought she was cute. But the general consensus from the judges as a whole was she did great with her own style of dancing, and not so well with the DCC style of dance.  That's why she wasn't passed on to finals. Not because of a booty or lack of thigh gap. Many of the current DCCs don't have a thigh gap, only some of the more thin, gangly girls like Mary, Jinelle, Kelsey, etc.

I didn't realize she had tried out before.

Been doing some researching on possible(?) candidates and i found 3  websites

taylors nicole's modeling website http://taylornicolesnyder.weebly.com/

Courtney johnson's http://itscourtneylynn.weebly.com/

kaley http://kaleighwalker.com/

on another note. i think courtney johnson, and amy look better this year. they both look like they lost quite a bit of weight and both cut their hair should be interesting to see what happens.

Yes, Michelle Keys is helping Kaleigh and Colby Hanks, her instagram is ColbyHanks, no spaces.

Good point, Kaedee.  And I think they probably gave Veronica leeway too because they knew she'd be a willing participant for My Fit Foods.  The super healthy eating would be difficult over time but man, I'd kill to have their resources! To have someone like Jay there to help kick your butt?!  Awesome!  Even just to pick up tips you could keep using down the road.

I hope My Fit Foods was offered to Hannah as well, but maybe not by that point. Kelli & Judy had already talked to Hannah about her weight, she apparently had weight warnings during the season, and she was the one on whom the weight was most obvious. Plus, I think there was some Kelli making a point to the other Vets, that she would cut Vets if they didn't get their weight back to their start-weight. Since Hannah had weight warnings, since she was visibly heavier during auditions and out of shape, and since she hadn't made any headway by the 2nd week of TC - (nor it seems had tried to lose, since her response to Kelli & Judy was, "What is the time frame...?" Kelli was visibly annoyed by that question! lol  - I think Kelli was more willing to cut her than the other Vets in TC, even though she liked her style.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2

Yeah, I stll can't believe Hannah said that, asking about a time frame or what they think she should do to get weight down?! come on, girl!! she should have known better.  that's why I really don't think she'd try out again...even if she looks great again and back in shape with her dancing endurance, she'd probably be afraid they'd not even get her past first round to make a statement.

Now, I only just discovered DCC:MTT this past January so I'm not sure how this all works in real time lol...we'll be able to see though in a couple of weeks who makes it into TC? they can't keep that a secret, right?? I hope we can vote again! I've never done that and I cannot wait !

I think it's safe to say that alot of hopefuls will be using hashtags like #DCCAuditions or something of the sort throughout the process. It seems to be a big deal down in Texas to be a DCC, so I bet alot of the girls trying out are going to want to document their process. 

Hi Lauren, with social media everything is in real time which is why this is a "spoiler" thread.  But, the show films auditions through the first preseason game (which occurs in late August/early Sept), then needs to be edited, etc., and doesn't air until late summer/early fall but the season is already underway by the time the team is announced on the last episode.

There is no way to keep it completely under wraps.

Edited by pink317

Lauren - We'll find out who gets into TC fast. But TC lasts several weeks and filming wraps in early August. So we won't know who actually made it out of TC and officially onto the DCCs till a few weeks before the show airs. So if you want to stay spoiler-free on the final DCC team for 2015, just don't come into this forum after mid-July! lol

• Love 1

Yep, the picture was updated way later than normal as well as the cut vets' profiles remaining mid-way through the show. I remember thinking that was the weirdest part because usually they pull their profiles as soon as they're cut.

After Melissa Rycroft's second year, she told Kelli and Judy she was not going to re-audition. When she changed her mind and told them she wanted to re-audition after all, they told her that they would let her try out again, but she would not be allowed to go on the calendar shoot. I'm not sure if it's because arrangements for the shoot had already been made, with K and J under the impression that she wasn't returning so they didn't include her, or if it was some sort of punishment for trying to quit.

Either way, I think something similar could have happened with Angela. Maybe she told them that she wasn't coming back, then changed her mind, and they told her that she could try out again but as a result of her prior decision not to return, she wouldn't be able to join them on the calendar shoot.

I would love to see Hannah try out again. I really liked her and thought the way she was treated was really disappointing and unfair. On its own, it may have made more sense, but compared with the way they bent over backwards to keep Veronica (who I think looked a lot bigger than Hannah), it was absurd. I still don't understand what Kelli and Judy see in Veronica that makes them think she's such an asset to DCC that the standards everyone else needs to meet shouldn't apply to her. 

I have a feeling Caila, Breelan, and Ashley could all end up being one season girls. 

• Love 1

I've always like Veronica. I think she's sweet and has a great presence on the squad.

There's going to be a ton of varied opinions on whether Hannah's getting cut was fair or not. I liked Hannah, but thought her, "What time frame...?" question showed she wasn't trying to lose weight, seemed to me she thought she wouldn't get cut for whatever reason. Maybe because she was Show Group. Don't know. But she'd had weight warnings during the season.  I do think K&J used her as an example to the other Vets that they needed to get their weight in check. I didn't think it was fair necessarily, but ALL girls know they need to maintain their Rookie weight to stay on the team. Hannah knew that.

• Love 3

I think Hannah's life was not DCC and K&J wanted it to be.  Hannah was super serious about her school that year and she seems to have a lot of friends and a busy life outside of the squad.  I think she loved DCC and would have continued (obviously) but I don't think she was as dedicated as Veronica.  Roni realllllly comes across as someone who lived and breathed DCC which I think is why she is ready to retire and live life outside of it.  But dang, I'd love to see Hannah come back.  She seems to be BFF with Michelle Keys and her dancing is back to rocking.  I just don't know if she even misses it though.  

And Blairwaldof, I bet you are right about Angela! that would make the most sense. 

Veronica has an endorsement deal with Nike as part of their N7 campaign.  She wasn't a GL or on SG but a deal with Nike is big. Think that elevated her status with DCC. K&J excuse a lot for the ones they really love (black face anyone?)

I've always like Veronica. I think she's sweet and has a great presence on the squad.

There's going to be a ton of varied opinions on whether Hannah's getting cut was fair or not. I liked Hannah, but thought her, "What time frame...?" question showed she wasn't trying to lose weight, seemed to me she thought she wouldn't get cut for whatever reason. Maybe because she was Show Group. Don't know. But she'd had weight warnings during the season.  I do think K&J used her as an example to the other Vets that they needed to get their weight in check. I didn't think it was fair necessarily, but ALL girls know they need to maintain their Rookie weight to stay on the team. Hannah knew that.

The girls' bodies change, most women aren't fully developed at 18... trust me (hello post 25 body)! Look at Mia. No way she was the same size in year 5 that she was in year 1. Her hips widened and grew more shapely by year 5. More was going on BTS with Hannah.

We need a mole on the team. Think Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed!

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2

I do agree that weight is one of the major reasons DCCs retire. I truly believe that's why Britney, Veronica and several others are retiring this year. DCC has rules about weight, and jumping around in those very skimpy uniforms means they have to. But most women - especially over 25 - would find it difficult to remain as slender as the uniform demands.  I wondered if that was why 2-year Vet Samantha was retiring so soon.  But then, she's an amazing dancer and may have other offers that don't require her to be a stick person. LOL

Now, I only just discovered DCC:MTT this past January so I'm not sure how this all works in real time lol...we'll be able to see though in a couple of weeks who makes it into TC? they can't keep that a secret, right?? I hope we can vote again! I've never done that and I cannot wait !

Lauren, I would expect the fan vote to take place again, as it's been a pretty big hit the last two years.  It is pretty fun, but I forget which year, the song was so bad that I struggled to get through the videos.  Not sure why I didn't think to turn the sound off!  The past couple of years they also posted pictures of the semi-finalists (I think the DCC Facebook page), and then the videos and brief resumes for the rookie candidates going into finals.

I'm so impressed with how much Amy Simone has improved in a year!  Her dancing is looking cleaner, which is a big part of what she needed with the DCC choreography.  I'd love to see her as a TCC.  I don't really care to see Emily back, as I don't think she's a good dancer and I was as bugged by her frozen face as Kelli was.  Christina seems really sweet and has nice technique, but her kicks/injury obviously is a big issue and I didn't see much "pop" or power in her dancing.  I predict she will not make TC, if she tries out.  

ITA with others that this will be a very interesting audition year, with so many talented vets leaving the squad.  But I recall that folks were skeptical season 6 that the team would be great with so many rookies gone, and on this site at least, it seems that group of rookies is one of the favorite rookie classes of MTT.  So, my season 10 hopes are high for team quality, great dancing (that I hope we actually see on the show), and a good dose of drama.

I don't see Emily coming back to audition for the DCC any more.  I think she'll stay with the Mavs if she can make it back another season. Some girls who get cut/don't make it to TCC go on to the Mavs and stay there (Lauren, Paula, Kathryn D). I can see Christina auditioning again but will she make it back to TC? I don't think so.

Anybody know if Miranda Jones (former R&B dancer, Sea Gal) is auditioning again? I know she auditioned for the Mavs last year but didn't make it. Maybe she finally retired.

It seems like vets that get called in for weight usually end up retiring the next year.  Veronica, Britney, and Courtney were called in and are now retiring. In season 5 Meredith and Jordan B got called in for weight and retired the next year.I thought they would both go to 5 years.

Edited by MrsEVH

Christina does seem sweet, but for me she doesn't have that 'wow' factor and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't make it to TC this year. But I do think people deserve a second shot, so I'd be happy for her if she did.

I'd love to see Chandler again, I know most people agree she won't ever make the squad with her 'granny' look/smile, but I really like her and think aside from that she would make a great DCC.

I guess it's really difficult since everyone sees beauty differently... And that's good!

Well, I will say that with some of the recent dance videos posted, Caila may just surprise me and really rock it this year! She seemed to be giving it her all in the recent videos with the likes of Paige, Melissa and Jennifer (the one K&J love so much). In the past I feel like she was kind of meh in her dancing but she looked great! 

Veronica has an endorsement deal with Nike as part of their N7 campaign.  She wasn't a GL or on SG but a deal with Nike is big. Think that elevated her status with DCC.

She's good enough to be a model for a large company's fitness campaign but was too "heavy" for DCC?  I think that makes K&J look pretty ridiculous.

• Love 1

She's good enough to be a model for a large company's fitness campaign but was too "heavy" for DCC?  I think that makes K&J look pretty ridiculous.

In all fairness, being in active wear and in those tiny DCC uniforms are different things. The contract the girls sign when they become DCC states they'll maintain their start weight throughout their DCC careers. We know many of these girls could fluctuate 5 lbs, 10 lbs and still look amazing.  *shrugs* Different strokes, etc.

Edited by Kaedee

In all fairness, being in active wear and in those tiny DCC uniforms are different things.

I understand what your saying, but my point is that Nike would not want someone they considered  "thick" or "heavy" to model for them, regardless of what the outfit worn looks like.

Edited by ByTor

The beauty and weight standards are so unhealthy and even though I'm a super fan, I don't pretend that they aren't. But, its a organization imposed necessary evil and the girls do sign up for it. So many things about DCC are ridiculous but I still love the high kicks and power pom! Just wouldnt want my future daughter doing it. Would rather have her model for Nike! ;)

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2

I got your point, Tor. :) I was just saying the girls signed on for DCC, their rules and all. So one doesn't make the other unfair for Veronica. The weight standards for DCC are what they are. The girls agreed when they signed on the dotted line. 

I don't think the weights are unhealthy for some girls. Their body fat percentages are in the mid range for height. (Our culture has gotten used to people being little to much heavier.) I think for some the weight expectations are unhealthy for them. But they choose to sign on for a year, three to four years of starving to be a DCC because its important to them. I would hope some girls' desires don't endanger their health, but know for some the risk is worth being in DCC.

Right.  I am not a cheerleader or dancer or even a Cowboys fan, but if I were, I wouldn't pretend to believe I could be a DCC.  My body type doesn't allow for it (short muscular legs) and I'm not the kind of person who would be hungry all the time for my craft lol  It baffles me when these girls go in to tryout (especially with the HD screen) and are so mortified when they aren't given a chance because of their body type.  It's kind of the nature of this beast, "right" or "wrong." That's why I roll my eyes at Chelsea's tirade because she KNOWS that K&J know her and her friends aren't fat...for the everyday person they are smokin'! But for this job, their body is their job.  I read a blog by a girl who used to be an NBA cheerleader (for like six seasons).  She was always super honest and matter of fact about her body being her job and it was absolutely her duty to keep up with the standards set to be bikini/skimpy uniform ready during the season.  And I admit I always liked how Jay says they have to eat not just to be lean but as athletes performing four hours at a time. 

• Love 2

I think we've seen a mixed message regarding body fat % vs. number on the scale. In MTT8, Vivian was reprimanded because she was 5'3" and weighed 123 when the other 5'3" girls weighed 113. There was no mention of body fat percent, it was "you need to weigh 113" she was desperately trying to hit a magic number imposed by TPTB.  I like the earlier days when the girls did body fat tests and worked out with Jay, at least there was an illusion of caring about something else besides a number on the scale. I dont want to derail this thread but if you guys read Kelsi Reich's personal blog, you can see how much emphasis is put on weight, not body fat (granted she was a cheerleader during the mean girl era so things may have changed).

I got your point, Tor. :) I was just saying the girls signed on for DCC, their rules and all. So one doesn't make the other unfair for Veronica. The weight standards for DCC are what they are. The girls agreed when they signed on the dotted line.

I don't think the weights are unhealthy for some girls.

Oh, I understand that too and definitely do not disagree :) 

I also agree that some (if not many) are at a healthy weight.  And yes, society is used to people being larger (I saw on some news show a little while back that a survey from the 1980s of what people thought their ideal weights were came in about 10lbs lighter when compared to a survey done in the early 2000s).  That being said, I thought it was silly when the one girl last season (you people are SOOO much better at remembering names than I am!) was told that the 5'3" girls on the team are typically around 105lbs so that's what she should be.  There's more to what someone should weigh besides height.

• Love 2

Kelsi Reich's personal blog? The only one I've seen from her has to do with her missions work...does she have another where she talked about DCC? or are you referring to the entries they wrote on the website before that all changed?

That being said, I thought it was silly when the one girl last season (you people are SOOO much better at remembering names than I am!) was told that the 5'3" girls on the team are typically around 105lbs so that's what she should be.  There's more to what someone should weigh besides height.

We are on the same page here. ITA.

Kelsi Reich's personal blog? The only one I've seen from her has to do with her missions work...does she have another where she talked about DCC?

Probably the same blog. I read her testimony a long time ago and she talked about DCC, the part I remember was the girls' weight being plastered all over the locker room  for all to see and the heavier girls had their names/weight highlighted.

Edited by pink317

We are on the same page here. ITA.

Probably the same blog. I read her testimony a long time ago and she talked about DCC, the part I remember was the girls' weight being plastered all over the locker room  for all to see and the heavier girls had their names/weight highlighted.

I found it! It is under her testimony portion.  YIKES, that would be so rough to have that kind of info hung up for all to see but I guess it's kind of obvious who struggles with that and who doesn't.  Kelsi has always looked great to me tho!

That being said, I thought it was silly when the one girl last season (you people are SOOO much better at remembering names than I am!) was told that the 5'3" girls on the team are typically around 105lbs so that's what she should be.  There's more to what someone should weigh besides height.

That was Courtney. I remember kinda frowning at that too. Just because it's an average for girls her height doesn't mean she should be like that too. Of course, Kelli didn't like the way she looked in the uniform when she was 111 lbs or 112 lbs. Maybe losing 6-8lbs made her look less square in the uniform, or taller or something. I thought she looked good either way! But since Courtney isn't coming back for a 2nd season, I wondered if trying to maintain that slimmer figure was too difficult.  Of course, I don't know anything about Courtney, her life, whether she just missed Florida and all her friends/family. There could be many reasons she isn't coming back for a 2nd season.

Edited by Kaedee

I found it! It is under her testimony portion.  YIKES, that would be so rough to have that kind of info hung up for all to see but I guess it's kind of obvious who struggles with that and who doesn't.  Kelsi has always looked great to me tho!

I read it too. Had to scroll fast because of that annoying music ( with no way to mute it). She said her name was highlighted for 90% of her DCC career for 8 lbs she couldn't lose. 

It seems like vets that get called in for weight usually end up retiring the next year. Veronica, Britney, and Courtney were called in and are now retiring. In season 5 Meredith and Jordan B got called in for weight and retired the next year.I thought they would both go to 5 years.

Technically Veronica and Britney were both called out for weight by Kitty during the same season 8 episode where Chelsea, Danielle, Kim, and Jennifer Alexis were called into the office. There was a whole line of girls that were called forward that night.

I think Veronica is one who might have struggled with weight behind the scenes for a good chunk of her tenure. She's just built a little different from some of the other girls, but in my eyes she always looked great. I wouldn't be surprised if the weight stuff is one of the reasons, or the reason, that she's not going for a fifth season. :(

• Love 1

Technically Veronica and Britney were both called out for weight by Kitty during the same season 8 episode where Chelsea, Danielle, Kim, and Jennifer Alexis were called into the office. There was a whole line of girls that were called forward that night.

I think Veronica is one who might have struggled with weight behind the scenes for a good chunk of her tenure. She's just built a little different from some of the other girls, but in my eyes she always looked great. I wouldn't be surprised if the weight stuff is one of the reasons, or the reason, that she's not going for a fifth season. :(

I agree. They probably don't want to get called in again and have it shown on TV.

On HBO Go there is a documentary titled SHOWGIRLS.  It's a behind the scenes of the Vegas show where the women perform topless.  They are weighed in at every rehearsal and the complaints from those girls mimic what is talked about on this show.  Dancers have to look a certain way, no matter where you are dancing.

The girls on the squad don't starve themselves. You couldn't starve yourself and still be able to do that amount of physical workout. They do eat healthy and do a lot of working out. For me that is almost like having another job. But I get that for some people that's just natural and fun.

It's okay for K+J to discuss weight with them, they should just do it in private, not in camera oder for everyone to see in the locker room, if amy weight gain was up on a wall somewhere I would be humiliated and I'd probably feel bullied.

I'm not sure all of them know what they're getting themselves into, a young girl straight out of high school probably has never had to be so disciplined about her weight and work out. They were probably always the beautiful 'Queen bee' Type at school. That on top of your body still changing anyway must be really hard for some.

It has nothing to do with keeping it a secret... It's just not something everyone needs to know. Most women don't like telling other people their weight. Weight is also not necessarily the best way to determine a good body or the level of fitness. People are built differently and even two people with the same height and everything can have two different weights and still both look good. The body fat tests they used to do were a better way of determining fitness for example. An athlete, a gymnast for example, needs more muscles than a regular person. A DCC doesn't, but if they build up a lot of muscles it comes of as more weight. Are they supposed to stop eating to lose weight again?

I also think discussing weight is personal and it's just the nicer thing to do to discuss it in private.

Dancers are athletes btw , apparently it's just me but i don't understand why anyone would want to keep their weight a secret especially these girls that non of them would weigh over than 125  

Maybe it's not so much that the number is out there, but it is highlighted as bad. These girls are all perfectionists and want to be the perfect DCC. It must be embarrassing to be on the outside of what the organization wants, to always have your name on the list, especially if you feel like you can't make yourself go much lower.

• Love 1

In a way dancers are athletes, but still different from say swimmers, gymnasts or other high pressure sports.

I wouldn't want everyone around me knowing my weight and talking about it week after week. I think everyone has phases where they don't watch what they are eating as much. Stress, busy schedule, a ton of festivities or whatever and you gain weight. Maybe not everybody does, but I know in my circle of friends we all have fluctuating weights. Do you want to have your name and weight highlighted for everyone to see, be called out on it, be reprimanded for it every time? They all try to be so perfect and pretty all the time, it really must be horrible to be singled out for being 'fat' (not that any of them are fat!). It puts a lot of pressure on them.

I'm not saying it's not okay for them to have weight standards. Every girl auditioning knows what is required and if the don't agree with it they shouldn't try out, I just think it shouldn't be broadcasted.

Okay, I think that's enough about that topic for now, agree to disagree? ;)

I was wondering about something... With all these prep classes going on right now, you probably have to sign up before you go and the number of people allowed per class is probably limited, right? Do returning vets get to go anyway? I saw Nicole in pictures from one class and that got me wondering, if all the returning vets and retiring girls went to prep class there wouldn't be any space left for girls who haven't made the squad yet... The vets would be robbing girls of their chances of going to a prep class.