Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Quof said:

Then he's the smartest of the bunch.  He's what, 20?  They've been "together" for a year, and actually much less than that since they see each other infrequently.   Slow your roll, parents.  

And, he's not even a mature 20 year old and I mean no disrespect to him at all when I say that.  I don't know what Trent and Amber's hurry is for any of their kids to get married or even to have found their maybe spouse.

• Love 7

I felt embarrassed the way both sets of parents were pushing for an engagement and wedding.

It was so awkward when Ashley's step dad started offering up a plot of land next door for Jonah and Ashley to build a house and live in.

That's a wonderful gesture but this was not the time or place to bring it up.

• Love 8

Does anyone else hate the echo chamber of this show?
The producers have them repeating the same thing at least 5 times...5 t i m e s like the audience isn’t paying attention...
What happened to the spontaneity of this show?
7 Little is so scripted now ...over production has ruined the fun of what made it once pleasant to watch....

• Love 8
On 1/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I've grown to love Anna and her quirky personality, sometimes she makes me burst out laughing with her down to earth attitude.... When she's ready I hope she meets a nice young man who appreciates her.

I agree.  And I think she is really pretty.

Good for her. Her start in life was rough but she overcame and blossomed!! 

• Love 9
On 1/27/2021 at 7:05 PM, seasons said:

I also noticed a lot of Duggar-like side hugging last night, even between jonah and ashley.

Wonder if that's a covid thing or if they always do that?

Maybe they just don't want to have a lot of PDA on TV. Smart of them, actually. What if they don't end up together? It could be embarrassing in the future. They are unlike Jonah's parents, who share a little too much intimacy on camera.

• Love 3
On 1/27/2021 at 9:30 PM, readheaded said:

And, he's not even a mature 20 year old and I mean no disrespect to him at all when I say that.  I don't know what Trent and Amber's hurry is for any of their kids to get married or even to have found their maybe spouse.

Brains don't fully mature until age 25. I hope Jonah continues to take it slow. No rush.

There is always the possibility that the pressure placed on Jonah is just to create a little TV drama. At least I hope that's the case, and it's not real pressure.

Edited by Cici
Added drama thought.
  • Love 4

I’m relieved they got Elizabeth driving lessons, but blaming her for the previous failed attempt is ridiculous.  Dad was the bully in that so called lesson and I saw nothing but Elizabeth trying her best. To imply otherwise insults my intelligence.  I didn’t like that part. The rest was ok, except the failure to use covid precautions in public...like Alex at the ballgame.  

• Love 13

I really liked Anna tutoring Emma. I didn't know those two had gone through so much sadness and uncertainty before being adopted. They have come a long way. I think Anna will be ok but it sounds like she's planning on permanently living back at the house with Amber and Trent and staying in Georgia. I don't know if that's such a good idea for her. 

• Love 10

Last night, Anna demonstrated a great deal of growth and maturity, imo.  She seemed much wiser than Amber.  lol  Man, that lady really can annoy me.  One thing those kids will learn from their parents is patience.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

I had to chuckle when Amber and Trent were discussing the driving lessons, he says to Amber that she uses the word "ultimately" a lot!

She does! This is why I like this show, it can seem real to me. I also agree on Anna being my favorite of this whole family. I love that girl! When she was helping her sister and explaining that their brains don't learn the same as ours (or the like?) I thought she meant because they were little! I was touched at her explanation about them being adopted as an older age than Alex and it had to do with them having to learn EVERYTHING when they got to their family. Wow! Amber and Trent have done so much for them. I hope Anna has great success at teaching because she is a natural!

• Love 10

Trent was such a pissy jerk in this episode. He picked a fight with Amber about the driving thing when she seemed to be calmly trying to talk to him about it. And he was an even bigger pissy dismissive  jerk to Elizabeth. Nice way to set an example for your young adult daughter about how men can be. Jerk.

Gosh, Anna is really a bright light. 

I love seeing the kids grow and mature and find their direction in life. Good for them.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 6

The way Trent and Amber describe the kids as stubborn, won't listen, etc. ......Trent and Amber are the people who demonstrate that the most on the show, imo. Especially, that so-called driving lesson.  To put that on Elizabeth......full on bully.  

I'm still on the fence about Jonah.  I'm not sure what the real problem is.  I think I missed the part about what his status is right now.  Apparently, his parents are not amused with him right now.  So......he must move to his own place during covid? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

Anna should get a tax i.d. number for her jewelry business.

Then, instead of overpaying for her supplies at Michaels or Joanns, she can buy wholesale. She'll get better quality, and a better selection of supplies, for half the price (which would put more money in her pocket).

There are wholesale jewelry supply places in Atlanta (an hour away from Forsyth), and plenty of online wholesale jewelry suppliers, too.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I recall as a kid in public school that any citizen who signed up could substitute.  They didn’t have to have a college degree.  I don’t know about the requirements now.  

Amber is pathological in her obsession with herself, imo....she can’t stop whining about HER sacrifice, her hard times, blah, blah, blah......she can’t allow her daughter FIVE minutes of shining in the sun without bringing up her past.  The woman needs help. I really feel for her kids.  What a selfish person.  And complete control freak. She is off the rails with being a hard ass.

Did Trent get a building permit? There are requirements for structures like that. The purpose is to protect people’s safety. If it’s built by unqualified people without proper support and footing, it could collapse and kill someone.  Stuff like tonight really frustrates me.  Arrogance over safety.....not okay.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Will they ever stop shoving Anna's youthful indiscretions in her face?  She was young and she made stupid choices, BUT, she learned and is awesome now.  Why keep bringing it up and shaming her over it?

They will never let it go. Anna could win teacher of the year in the state of Georgia, go on to get her doctorate of education, start her own school, and they will still bring it up to rub her nose in it. They are hateful and mean. I find it ironic they are also so instant on talking about maturity in their kids when they themselves are anything but mature. 

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

They will never let it go. Anna could win teacher of the year in the state of Georgia, go on to get her doctorate of education, start her own school, and they will still bring it up to rub her nose in it. They are hateful and mean. I find it ironic they are also so instant on talking about maturity in their kids when they themselves are anything but mature. 

True. It’s just plain cruel, imo.  Amber and Trent need some serious therapy. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Watching Amber and Trent bicker about everything, made me realize how glad I am that I'm divorced from my ex!  It brings back baaaad memories,😁

watching Amber as a step mother brings back bad memories, that's why I don't watch anymore 😉 lol 

I get frustrated watching the Johnsons building the outdoor kiosk. Every time Trent says he wants to do it himself, he forces the family to watch. That's fine when the kids are young and dad is teaching self-sufficiancy, but they've already proven that at the old house. Plus, Jonah's disrespect makes him sound like a 15 year old. Clearly, Jonah needs to move out asap. Furthermore, why does Amber feel that shes unable to phone for assistance, given she's working full-time (so she should be entitled to phone a carpenter to help them)? Why is she waiting for Trent's permission? All they are proving is that they are stubborn and they have no knowledge of construction.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 4
On 2/9/2021 at 5:25 PM, Fostersmom said:

Um, how does 1 year of college qualify anyone to be a substitute teacher? Apparently the position is seen as a babysitter in Georgia. 

I do not know the rules of Georgia, but in my Province you cannot teach if you don't have your teaching certificate which takes 12 months of work experience. That certificate can be completed during the time you are completing a degree, but generally comes afterwards (as the 5th year). I completed my certification 2.5 years into my degree, so I could have legally substituted at that time, BUT eventually I would still need to complete my bachelor for fulltime employment. 

Edited by Chalby
  • Useful 1

I was surprised that last night's show was the season finale, yet we didn't see if the backyard structure was ever completed.  Supposedly they wanted to use it for their Thanksgiving dinner, which we saw was held indoors.  In any case, it would have been pretty cold to have a meal out in the backyard in November.  I don't know what the laws are where they live, but it seems that structure would need to be permitted by the city and inspected as well.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Annifran said:

I was surprised that last night's show was the season finale, yet we didn't see if the backyard structure was ever completed. 

I was wondering the same thing! WTH, show? I guess Trent didn't finish the Pavilion on time! He kept refusing outside help and production probably didn't want to air Amber bitching about it so they forgot all about it. It was a weirdly edited episode. Cookie challenge did not fit in and of course they had to set some time aside to lecture Jonah. All in all, very boring. 

• Love 4

I hate to say it, because originally I really liked this family, but at this point I'm starting to "hate" watch!  Hate is a strong word. Maybe "strongly dislike watching".  LOL  The main reasons are: Trent's stubbornness; Amber's complaining and sometimes stubbornness; Elizabeth's air of superiority especially over Anna; and ALL of the kids starting to emulate so much of the negativity that they see and hear from their parents!  I hated how they each had to be so negative about Anna's chocolate chip cookies, even before the baking began.

Hey Amber, you are no great cook or baker, either. 

I still love Anna, though. 💟

At least there was a little less sex talk from Trent and Amber this episode. Nobody wants to hear any of that! 🤢 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I hated how they each had to be so negative about Anna's chocolate chip cookies, even before the baking began.

Poor Anna. I thought her S'mores cookies looked great. They all said the cookie tasted good but too soft in the middle. I like my cookies soft in the middle. She took a chance on something different and did a good job.  Of cours Alex's boring cookies were better. 

• Love 11

So...the 7 Little Johnstons Thanksgiving super-spreader event!

People from different families, unrelated (Bryce and Ashley), and high-risk individuals (grandpa). Indoors. No social distancing. No masks.

But the show must go on!

Thanks TLC. We can always depend on you to send the right message! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

So...the 7 Little Johnstons Thanksgiving super-spreader event!

People from different families, unrelated (Bryce and Ashley), and high-risk individuals (grandpa). Indoors. No social distancing. No masks.

But the show must go on!

Thanks TLC. We can always depend on you to send the right message! 

Aren't at least some little people at greater risk for respiratory problems and have a more difficult time being intubated, if necessary?  Or, maybe it's just Dr. Jen Arnold?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 2/17/2021 at 10:04 AM, Annifran said:

I was surprised that last night's show was the season finale, yet we didn't see if the backyard structure was ever completed.  Supposedly they wanted to use it for their Thanksgiving dinner, which we saw was held indoors.  In any case, it would have been pretty cold to have a meal out in the backyard in November.  I don't know what the laws are where they live, but it seems that structure would need to be permitted by the city and inspected as well.  

Amber spoke about the waste of time, given it was never completed.

• Love 3
On 2/17/2021 at 12:39 PM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

At least there was a little less sex talk from Trent and Amber this episode. Nobody wants to hear any of that! 🤢 

Amen. Initially it was cute because it assured everyone that little people have a regular sex life like the rest of society. But now it appears that Trent feels obligated to allude to sex every episode..I find it crass rather than funny.

• Love 7
On 2/17/2021 at 1:23 PM, bichonblitz said:

Poor Anna. I thought her S'mores cookies looked great. They all said the cookie tasted good but too soft in the middle. I like my cookies soft in the middle. She took a chance on something different and did a good job.  Of cours Alex's boring cookies were better. 

Clearly the family has divided ithe members into their own familial roles. Poor Anna gets the role of the Teen who messes up everything and always gets into trouble.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, bichonblitz said:

and of course they had to set some time aside to lecture Jonah. All in all, very boring. 

The way Jonah speaks to everyone, while expecting everything to be financed while he doesnt do his college homework floors me. I would have had him out of the house once he turned 20. Stay at home if you attend college and pass, or stay at home and find a job to pay rent, or ... move out and follow your own rules.

• Love 7
On 2/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, Fostersmom said:

They will never let it go. Anna could win teacher of the year in the state of Georgia, go on to get her doctorate of education, start her own school, and they will still bring it up to rub her nose in it. 

It is so sad, because Anna seems to be the one who really has gotten her act together. She has cleared goals, she's focussed, and she's the first one willing to admit when she's wrong. Unlike most of the others.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Chalby said:

Clearly the family has divided ithe members into their own familial roles. Poor Anna gets the role of the Teen who messes up everything and always gets into trouble.

Her family seems to really underestimate her, though, because she’s undeterred and doesn’t take them too seriously.  She’s the Johnston I find most interesting and have the highest hopes for.  She’s also the only older one who isn’t dating seriously and getting the pressure to settle down.  

It is so sad, because Anna seems to be the one who really has gotten her act together. She has cleared goals, she's focussed, and she's the first one willing to admit when she's wrong. Unlike most of the others.

She doesn’t seem to need their validation and approval, though, like Elizabeth does, which is awesome! 

• Love 12

The way Jonah speaks to everyone, while expecting everything to be financed while he doesnt do his college homework floors me. I would have had him out of the house once he turned 20. Stay at home if you attend college and pass, or stay at home and find a job to pay rent, or ... move out and follow your own rules.

Agreed!  And, for the love of God, don’t get married until you’ve got a relatively enduring way to support yourself!  I’ll never understand why Amber and Trent would even be talking about Jonah settling down with anyone at this point. 

• Love 10
23 hours ago, readheaded said:

Agreed!  And, for the love of God, don’t get married until you’ve got a relatively enduring way to support yourself!  I’ll never understand why Amber and Trent would even be talking about Jonah settling down with anyone at this point. 

Probably because they want him out of the house so badly they don't care how he goes about it!

• Love 8

I am so glad Trent isn’t blaming only Anna. Anna is so much more mature than her own mother and I think is the only one interested in helping their relationship. It’s really terrible that Amber bad-mouths Anna to Elizabeth. 

• Love 15

I didn't watch last season, so the kids have grown up over night for me!  And yet Alex still cries and sulks like a baby if he receives correction/gets yelled at?  Come on!!  I didn't like how the other kids were running interference for him, telling him it's ok, basically involving themselves when it wasn't necessary.  That's a really weird dynamic.

The Amber/Anna dynamic is weird, too.  If Amber's narrative that Anna is much less-prepared than Liz to move out, I don't see a problem with her being less enthusiastic about it.  But she also knows her child and maybe should frame her concerns differently so as not to trigger her.  

While I didn't watch last season I did read all the comments here, and I thought posters were being super-hard on Amber.  After the episode tonight, I'm wondering if I was wrong about everyone here being wrong about Amber.  Man, was she sour tonight....

What's really going on in that household?  All the kids seems to dislike their parents on some level, especially Amber.  Wow.

• Love 6
(edited)

Hope the adult kids get their own TLC contracts instead of all the show money going to Amber.

Who wants to watch the show when the 3 eldest kids leave...it already is just a bunch of staged segments like the forced making of the TikTok and the Christmas Eve opening gifts which was joyless.

How much griping and moaning did it take to get them all dressed like Christmas threw up on them with the over the top Christmas sweaters, hats, etc. for the 2 minute segment?   

Amber has amped up the tension in the house so much that Liz is desperate to move out and sweet loyal Brice will do her bidding.
Liz’s weight looks unhealthy for the heavy lifting and hands on work she does at the nursing home and on her joints.
Anna is the scapegoat once again because she does push back when targeted by Amber’s rants and rages.

Poor Alex seems even more traumatized by the tensions in the house, his weight has ballooned.

Emma seems testy.

TLC, time to pull the plug on this show...

Edited by humbleopinion
Brice with an "i" not "y"
  • Love 10
(edited)

Ashley is going to be surprised when Jonah turns that nasty temperament on her for real. She seems like a doll.

Her parents may not be thrilled with her visiting if he gets his own place.

But he definitely needs to get out.

Maybe she can stay with Trent and amber when she visits.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3