Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

Another lovely photo from the video shoot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/christinaperri/status/545413601834827777

And this great fangirl tweet from Christina:

today > every other day ive had

I don't like scarves or turtlenecks on men. It's just a weird thing I have. I also don't like a lot of chest hair, but I don't mind it on Colin, so he can change my mind about anything probably. :)

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 3

Christina Perri sings the songs "A Thousand Years" from the Twilight soundtrack. I have never seen or read Twilight but I do like that song. She's also singer of the song "Jar of Hearts", a song a lot of people like to make Regina videos to. She's been fangirling about Once Upon a Time and Colin for months. This past summer she opened on tour for Demi Lovato and some of the radio station interviews she did, they always asked her favorite show and she's like Once and that she loves Captain Swan. A month or two ago I think she said she wanted to guest on Once. Maybe this is her alternative idea.

Also they're filming outdoors in Vancouver. The scarf probably isn't really just a fashion statement?

Edited by Aliasscape
  • Love 1

Christina posted that it's day two of filming. I also saw this tweet she posted a couple days ago:

100% sure it hasn't hit me yet

I just love that she's a fangirl like the rest of us. Also, the scarf is growing on me... 

I just saw this post on tumblr and it's actually something I've never though about before regarding Hook:

Do you ever think about the fact that when it comes to Killian and Emma’s relationship, Emma has her father to be the typical dad threatening the boyfriend to treat her well; her mother being excited about her going on dates; a son encouraging her to be happy; a friend encouraging her to love herself, etc…

And then we have Killian whose all alone. He doesn’t have friends or family to warn Emma not to break his heart, he has nobody to remind her he’s a broken man and ask her to be gentle with him; he doesn’t have anybody to be excited for him when he’s going out on a date, there’s no one to wait up for him and ask how it went. There’s no one eagerly cheering him on in finding his happy ending, or anyone who knows how self-loathing he is. He’s just so alone.

http://actualpuppykillian.tumblr.com/post/105330147160/do-you-ever-think-about-the-fact-that-when-it

That makes me very sad, but I think it's strange that I've never really thought about how alone Hook is. He had his crew at one point, but he didn't seem very attached to them. A lot of people talk about how Emma just needs a friend, and it was great when Elsa came along, but I think Hook could use a friend too! I guess that's why I enjoy the Charming/Hook scenes so much, and even the few Hook/Elsa and Hook/Tink scenes that we got. I suppose this could be said about the majority of the characters on the show, who only seem to hang out with family or love interests. But Hook has been alive longer than almost everyone, and has seen almost everyone he loves die, so maybe it's just as hard for him to make emotional attachments to friends as it is to a potential lover. Although now that he's aging like everyone else, I hope he starts making new bonds with people.

• Love 1

I saw that, too. It made me very, very sad, because it's true. He doesn't have anyone from his past unless one counts Smee, and Hook doesn't seem overly fond of him. He doesn't even have his ship/home anymore.

I think a lot of people are hoping that Hook and Will will eventually become mates.

• Love 1

Hook is very much all alone in the world.  Technically all of his family is long gone, his crew, he spoke only to Smee and he didn't even seem to hold him in high regard.  

It's odd though, I decided to start re-watching S3 yesterday and I actually started with New York Serenade where everyone is brought back to the Enchanted Forest and Hook is prepping the horse with provisions and David goes to him and is like well the queen's castle is only one day away and Hook basically tells him he's leaving.

If David didn't regress everyone now and then in his characterization when it comes to Hook (he runs hot and cold like all the time), then you could say that he could have David as a bromate or something.  David really expected that Hook was going to be with them and I thought he was a bit upset he was leaving and what does he tell him?  And here I thought you had changed and then Snow gets involved with her Emma is gone so you're going to go back to being a pirate...

• Love 1

If David didn't regress everyone now and then in his characterization when it comes to Hook (he runs hot and cold like all the time), then you could say that he could have David as a bromate or something. 

I think a lot of people are hoping that Hook and Will will eventually become mates.

I would like both of these things to happen. Hook and Emma started out as adversaries, so I can see him getting along with Will eventually. I think he already has a pretty good relationship with David, I just want to see more of it.

Video update - Christina posted a photo of her with Colin's dog. Everyone now... awwwww

http://instagram.com/christinaperri/

• Love 2

This whole music vid business has probably been pretty therapeutic for the CS/Hook fans that were dissatisfied with the finale.

It definitely has. Bless Christina for living the fangirl dream and sharing it with us.

Bustle has picked up on the video and written an article about it.

This whole music vid business has probably been pretty therapeutic for the CS/Hook fans that were dissatisfied with the finale.

It definitely has for me! Sunday I was bummed about the OUAT finale, and I was looking forward on Monday morning to getting U2 tickets, but that didn't happen, so I was even more bummed. But then I found out about the music video, and was able to get a U2 ticket on the same day, so my week started to get better. :)

I was looking through Christina's instagram photos, and she definitely is a Hook fan! She has even used the hashtag #hookerforlife

Someone on tumblr posted a really good manip of Hook in a scary and beanie:

http://captainkitten.com/post/105547749912/all-wrapped-up-im-not-wearing-that

He doesn't have anyone from his past unless one counts Smee, and Hook doesn't seem overly fond of him. He doesn't even have his ship/home anymore.

The writers may be oblivious to what they've created, but in that Hook featurette on the season 2 DVDs, Colin brings this up. Apparently he was asked if there's anything of him that makes it into the character, and he said that the only thing other than his eyebrow quirk was that sense of homesickness -- that he was in a foreign country, all alone, away from his friends and family, and he used that in figuring out what it must be like for Hook, who's all alone now with everyone he used to know gone. (Though this was in his first season on the show, so I hope he's a little less lost and lonely with his wife and son with him and now that he's made friends with the cast.)

And that again is where the finale failed. Hook being in mortal jeopardy could have been a good way to show where he stands now in the community. A lot of the reason the initial blackmail worked was likely that he didn't think he'd get the benefit of the doubt from anyone else, that they'd take Rumple's word over his and believe the worst of him. He believed that Emma would never forgive him after he told all in his warning voice mail. If they'd found out the things he did while Rumple was controlling him, would the reaction have been "that's odd, something must be wrong" or "I guess he hasn't changed after all"? If they knew he was in danger, would their concern just be about stopping Rumple, or would they be more concerned about Hook's fate? Is he now kind of counted among Clan Charming? Snow came with Emma to the clock tower, but why? And what did David think about all this?

That reaction then could have made him feel part of the community so that he starts opening up more, or if they didn't seem to care, then it might have opened the door to backsliding. The way it was written, no one really gave a damn that he was acting odd and disappearing, he was in mortal danger and no one knew, and only Emma cared what happened to him in the aftermath, and even she ditched him soon after the fact. On most shows, I might have thought that was setting up a plot (like the Dark Wesley arc on Angel, where the gang pretty much ditches him while he's in the hospital, barely alive, even bringing a box of his things from the office to his hospital room, and he goes dark and bitter on them, even as he helps them behind the scenes), but on this show, we're generally supposed to assume that everything is fine with most characters unless told otherwise. We apparently don't need to see anyone caring to know that they do, even if they've never been shown caring about that person before.

• Love 2

I suppose this could be said about the majority of the characters on the show, who only seem to hang out with family or love interests. But Hook has been alive longer than almost everyone, and has seen almost everyone he loves die, so maybe it's just as hard for him to make emotional attachments to friends as it is to a potential lover. Although now that he's aging like everyone else, I hope he starts making new bonds with people.

I want to forgive the writers for usually failing to make connections and character dynamics, so I want to say that all Hook really needs or wants right now is Emma. Although I don't know how much of how well he gels with other people is just a front: he does well drinking with the dwarves, chilling with Charming, not killing Belle, getting attempted-saved by Belle, getting saved by Belle again, and I mourned the loss of the vitriolic friendship with Regina. It's my headcanon that Hook now lives on Tinkerbell's sofa and they have totally platonic rum-and-absinthe Thursdays. Tink and Astrid or Ruby totally picked out his Land Without Magic clothes between his getting his hand back and the first date with Emma.

• Love 1

Filming is over for the video. Now comes the waiting. I heard The Words on the radio last night, for the first time I think. It brought a smile to my face. If it's already getting radio play, they'll probably want to get the video out pretty quickly.

‏@christinaperri
oh, @colinodonoghue1 #dreamsdocometrue

https://twitter.com/christinaperri/status/545851064113565696/photo/1

@christinaperri
now, with the happiest heart ive ever had, it's time to rest. #byeeeee

@colinodonoghue1
Big thanks to @christinaperri for singing to me for two days! Had a blast! #thewordsmusicvideo

From the relationships thread:

Much as I love Hook and he is one of the reasons I'm still watching along with Emma, I'm disappointed that they seem to be stripping away his personality.

I see a lot of people talk about how the writers have made Hook's character too soft now and took away too much of his edge, independence, or innuendo, but I actually see it opposite. I feel like as the seasons have progressed, Colin has grown a lot more comfortable in the role and he's finally at the point where he has Hook down 100%. I think we're finally seeing Hook for who he truly is the more the show progresses.

When I go back and watch Hook in Season 2, I get the sense that both the writers and Colin were still trying to figure out what they wanted to do with the character. In the beanstalk episode, Colin is still struggling with what accent he wants the character to have. During the Lake Nostos fight between Emma and Hook, the writers seem to be experimenting with how far they can take Hook's innuendo without getting into trouble, instead of just writing dialogue organically for the character. I'd say right around the finale of Season 2 and the premiere of Season 3, Colin and the writers finally clicked and figured out who Hook is, and ever since then, his character has been the most even and consistent out of the core cast.

Maybe others see it differently, but I think there's definitely a perceivable change in the way Colin portrayed Hook in Season 2 versus the way he's played him in Seasons 3/4. I know part of that might be because of Hook's vengeance mission altering his personality, but I feel like we're finally seeing Hook's true personality the more Colin gels with the role. Personally, I'll take Season 3/4 Hook over Season 2 Hook any day.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 7

I'd take season 3/4 hook any day too. I don't think they've stripped him of his personality at all. But then again, charming's one of my faves and people claim he's super bland, even when I see a super dedicated, hard-working guy. So maybe it's just my personal preferences getting in the way.

People grow and change, so I see nothing wrong with people becoming softer. I know the same can be said for Emma as well when certain people say they want season 1 Emma back. It's like really? Do people know what they're asking for? Both characters have come such a long way. I don't understand how some people would want them regress.

Season 2 Hook was plenty of fun and had his charms, but I don't miss him.

• Love 1

Personality was the wrong word.  His edge is what I meant.  This Hook is probably much closer to pre-Liam's death Killian Jones (Good Form). I just don't want them the strip him completely off his pirate persona.  

That being said, I really do love Hook and I hope the ball of stupid has been passed on to another character.  He held it for most of 4A.  Also, if he has to go up against someone and much as I enjoy the bitterness and hatred between him and Rumple, Rumple is the freakin' Dark One.  Hook vs Blackbeard or some other sword wielding ass?  Sure.  Hook vs someone who can destroy him with a thought, not so much.

But I doubt this is over between Hook and Rumple.  Not by a long shot.  

• Love 1
I'd take season 3/4 hook any day too. I don't think they've stripped him of his personality at all. But then again, charming's one of my faves and people claim he's super bland, even when I see a super dedicated, hard-working guy. So maybe it's just my personal preferences getting in the way.

Same here. And Hook himself seems rather disgusted with the way he was in his season 2 phase. But I've never been into the bad boys. Charming is far more my speed, and I'd have been all over Lt. Jones. Hook is just getting to the point where he's someone I might be able to deal with.

I think a lot of what formed the season 2 personality was the fact that he was essentially one big gaping wound. He'd been stuck in neutral for so long -- in Neverland, then frozen during the curse -- and had lost just about everyone. Whatever relationship had developed between him and Bae in Neverland, they'd ended up going their separate ways. He'd returned to a world that had passed him by. He just no longer cared about anything but revenge anymore, and he'd lost a lot of his self respect. He wanted to die, as long as he could take Rumple with him. I don't think he could have remained that person for much longer without imploding.

There was some discussion on another thread about his "survivor" claim and whether that's a sign that he's good or very, very lucky. I think maybe it's a combination of things. Sometimes he makes smart decisions on purpose -- he survived the first trip to Neverland because he figured it might be a good idea to listen to the person who lives on the island and not touch the poisonous plant. Sometimes he makes smart decisions accidentally -- turning pirate was an impulse, but it may have saved his life because I doubt things would have gone well for the crew if they'd failed in their mission and knew what the king was really up to. Going back to headquarters really wasn't an option, considering they were dealing with a king who was apparently planning genocide. He can be good at strategic thinking -- like heading back to Neverland instead of immediately pursuing Rumple. If he'd been in the same realm in the immediate aftermath of Rumple finding out he'd switched hands with the bean, I don't think Rumple would have decided that letting him live would have made him suffer more, and Hook was so clearly overpowered by Rumple. Being unreachable for 200 years gave Rumple time to move on and be distracted enough that Hook was able to be back in the Enchanted Forest for a year or so before the curse without Rumple coming after him.

His looks and charm have helped, too. That's what seems to have kept him alive from both Regina and Cora. He could turn on a dime and amp the charm up to 11, deploying the baby blues and being generally too pretty to die. He also seems to be good at winning people over, so that once he lets someone in, they really care and will save him, like Milah saving him from Rumple and Emma losing her powers to revive him when he was drowning. I guess you could say he makes smart alliances, and when he's in, he's all in, which tends to generate loyalty in response. It may even be the case that he's never been that bad at heart. His deepest, darkest confession in the Echo Cave wasn't anything negative, but rather the fact that he could love Emma. The others all had confessions that could have turned them against each other. He said that's what happened to his original crew, which makes you wonder what his confession was then, and if he survived because his "dark" confession was another positive that didn't make anyone angry at him.

And then there's sheer luck, and in his world, it may literally be possible to be born under a lucky star, or someone may actually be watching over him. He's the character most likely to express sentiments that sound like some kind of religious faith -- talking about being reunited in death with Milah, thanking Providence for bringing Bae to him in Neverland, wanting time to prepare his soul for death. So, if he does have some kind of god or being serving in a godlike role that he still pays any kind of homage to, that could account for the luck if he really does have someone looking after him. Not that I expect them to delve into that because it would require actual worldbuilding.

• Love 4

The others all had confessions that could have turned them against each other. He said that's what happened to his original crew, which makes you wonder what his confession was then, and if he survived because his "dark" confession was another positive that didn't make anyone angry at him.

He said he wasn't there when his crew ventured into Echo Cave, he'd only heard about it -- I suppose from the survivors.

All very interesting and ITA!

He said he wasn't there when his crew ventured into Echo Cave, he'd only heard about it -- I suppose from the survivors.

Obviously, I wasn't paying attention! But it is interesting that all the others in this group of heroes had fairly negative confessions that were hurtful to other people -- Emma wishing Neal was dead, David hiding that he was poisoned and couldn't leave the island, Snow saying that Emma wasn't enough -- and the villain in the group merely confessed to realizing he could love again.

• Love 1

I think the reason Hook didn't have a more hurtful secret is because before that, he made no bones about who he hurt or what he did. It was all out in the open and he didn't try to hide the fact that he had done some horrible things. So it was sort of by default that Hook's secret was what it was. Although I do agree that it was an interesting secret for a villain to tell!

• Love 2
By moving on from Milah, and falling in love with another woman, he had kinda invalidated the last 200 or so years of his life. I can see why he would have felt unwilling to admit that.

At least he can admit that he was wrong, even if it meant he wasted a lot of years, unlike someone else we could mention, who apparently can't admit she was wrong because she gave up so much on that wrong path and has no regrets. Grrrr.

But I don't think that being able to move on necessarily invalidates his life. What really invalidated the last 200 or so years was the realization that getting his revenge didn't actually change anything for him -- he didn't get Milah back, he wasn't any happier, and he was left with nothing to live for. Moving on and loving again means he got his life back on track. If he didn't, he'd just have an even bigger waste, adding his entire future to those 200 wasted years.

• Love 2

I think the reason Hook didn't have a more hurtful secret is that the writers used Echo Cave as a way to advance the plot a bunch by dropping a new info on the characters. In this case, they wanted Emma and the audience to know Hook was falling in love with her, so that was his "darkest" secret. I'm not sure that's because the writers had consciously chosen for this guy to actually be a petty nice guy who had gone down some dark rabbit hole, so much as that it was convenient to the plot and so that is where they went.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 2

Personality was the wrong word.  His edge is what I meant.  This Hook is probably much closer to pre-Liam's death Killian Jones (Good Form). I just don't want them the strip him completely off his pirate persona.  

That being said, I really do love Hook and I hope the ball of stupid has been passed on to another character.  He held it for most of 4A.  Also, if he has to go up against someone and much as I enjoy the bitterness and hatred between him and Rumple, Rumple is the freakin' Dark One.  Hook vs Blackbeard or some other sword wielding ass?  Sure.  Hook vs someone who can destroy him with a thought, not so much.

But I doubt this is over between Hook and Rumple.  Not by a long shot.

I miss season2 Hook. What I miss about Season 2 Hook is the humor and lightness. Season 2 hook is funny. The innuendos were not offensive to me. I couldn't believe that Colin could say those things with a straight face. Now we basically only hear about his devilish good looks. I miss his vocabulary. Hook didn't take himself too seriously and brought some levity missing with all the other characters. Emma is a very serious character and Hook brings out the softness and warmth but in these later seasons he is missing that playfulness and joyful ness. I think about him up in he giant's liar sniffing the gold and how joyful he was when he told Emma she was bloody brilliant and amazing, especially when I contrast it to Robin's bold and audacious. It's ironic because he had a death wish in season 2.

Don't get me wrong, I like his supportiveness, but I want to a little more devil may care attitude and flirtiness. He could flirt with Granny to get better service. Harmless flirting. I want him to surprise Emma with a grand/extravagant gesture, more than a typical romantic dinner at a nice restaurant.

I also want him to have his own life outside of Emma.

• Love 2

I miss the lighthearted side of Hook too! We may get more of that in 4B now that the heartless drama has been resolved. I agree with Rumple that he has been a bit of a puppy. But, his character is all in for either love or revenge, and he's been focused on the love since he gave up his ship and is staying in one place. However, it looks like Emma has been won over, so maybe we can get some Sheriff Swan and her pirate deputy crime-fighting duo!

• Love 4

Agreed. I get why he has been on his very best behaviour with Emma since she first agreed to go on a date -- not wanting to push her or send her walls back up while she was dealing with her childhood stuff -- and his earnestness and nerves have even been kinda sweet. But they and she are on much more solid ground now. I think he can safely bring back some of the snark and innuendo.

• Love 3

He lost the sass when he gave up the pirate coat, I tells ya. He was still fun up until date night. Pretty much ever since the stupid hand blackmail plot and the dumb de-heartening a black cloud has been hanging over him. Let's hope he gets back to being himself after getting his heart back. I hope they actually show what's been happening in SB during those six weeks that Rumpel took getting to NYC.

I also hope Emma puts a protection spell on his heart so we won't ever have to deal with this cheesy heart-ripping contrivance ever again. And then she and Regina go around town, door-to-door, offering up heart protection spells to everyone.

• Love 2

I don't think Hook has lost his edge---he taunted Rumple by calling him a coward, he was snarky with Henry about showering.   We're seeing his softer side with Emma but he's just as sarcastic with everyone else.

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 3

Aww, it couldn't have been a duet? Was there not enough budget for an increased talent fee or something? Still looking forward to the video, though! Major kudos to Perri and whatever Powers That Be made it happen.

Edited by Faemonic
  • Love 2
A standoff and a battle is just the way it's going to go. It could be for vengeance, justice, and self-defense. I think this because Hook's been in the military, and I don't know how Black Spot Heart he took any of his enemies' deaths or how he's carried that value over the centuries--but I imagine that it's just what Hook would do in a situation like that. Liege or no liege, he's a walking weapon with short-term agendas: kill bad thing, know where the wind is blowing to get you to kill bad thing.

I thought his line before the spell of shattered sight was interesting, when he told Emma he would go and chain himself to the docks for the safety of all. 

I always thought Hook felt some empathy towards Rumple after he sacrificed himself and that maybe he didn't see him as this big coward anymore which I think is the single one thing he loathes about Rumple.  I thought he was a bit shocked by the development or at least that's how Colin chose to play it.  And I think the main reason he never went after Rumple in the first place for trying to drown him, tying him up and throwing him in the trunk of the car or sending him and Emma flying through the barn was because he was under Zelena's control and he understood that regardless of how much he hated Rumple (and I do think Rumple felt some kind of regret doing this no matter how much he hates Hook).  But I think he stopped being understanding the moment he realized the dagger Belle had was a fake one.

From a character standpoint, I think Hook is just used to doing things on his own, used to being the captain of his ship, making the decisions on his own, not really having anyone to rely on.  He made the decisions and his crew pretty much followed.  I mean did he ask anyone if they wanted to go to Neverland?  If they wanted to return to the Enchanted Forest?  If they wanted to go with him to outrun the curse so that he can get to Emma?  The only person we know for sure wanted to go to Neverland was Smee.  He lost half his crew before he came back to the EF and had to contend with the Lost Boys and then he ditched everyone to achieve his goal.

Character growth for him would be going to Emma or David like he did when Pan told him Neal was alive (although I'm still pretty convinced he was going to see David after his Zelena encounter and the lips being cursed because he was really surprised to find Emma there).  At the end of the day, whatever goes down with Rumple will show where Hook's moral compass really is.  He says he has changed and he has changed, his redemption arc has been done well enough.  What happens if he gets his hands on the one thing he has been trying to get his hands on for centuries?  Does he turn his back on it or does he use it?  Does he have a moral dilemma?  Does he give the dagger to Emma?  Do they try to figure out a way that they might be able to destroy it?

Rumple bringing up Milah all of a sudden and her death and how Hook got over her even though it took him centuries to do so couldn't have been for nothing.  I mean he may not be in love with her anymore and has moved on from that, but he may not be over the way she died either.  Emma was almost hatted which doesn't seem to be such a big deal anymore for some reason since none of it was addressed (I'm assuming it will come back when Rumple comes back to town), but he nearly lost her too because of Rumple and his quest for power.  

Hook is one thing, very much goal oriented and a one track mind when he gets an idea in his head.  What he needs to do is learn how to lean on people because he's not on his own anymore.  I remember 206 when he told Emma he didn't want to upset her but he thought they made quiet the team.  When you're a team, you also open up about the problems you're having.

• Love 4

I hope they do address his penchant for keeping secrets....especially from Emma. He's kept some rather important information to himself, that would impact her directly, sometimes for the worse.

As someone who is quite independent myself, I can relate to that "I can handle it myself" attitude, but I've had to learn how to accept help when I need it, too. I think that's an important lesson.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 3

I hope they do address his penchant for keeping secrets....especially from Emma. He's kept some rather important information to himself, that would impact her directly, sometimes for the worse.

But to address this, like his other issues (low self-esteem, self-loathe, etc), he needs to share a scene with Emma (or with anybody that is not Rumple, really) longer than 20 seconds, so they can have an actual conversation and we know that's not going to happen.

• Love 1

I thought his line before the spell of shattered sight was interesting, when he told Emma he would go and chain himself to the docks for the safety of all.

I thought that was weird, too, because...isn't the docks out in the open? Everyone else was sealing themselves up in rooms. Ruby could have shapeshifted and gotten to him.

Then again, I was expecting 28 Days Later and got the goofiest background slapstick instead while Hook and Rumple talk about Shattered Sight like it's so super serious and dark, and Hook was strutting through it like it wasn't goofy like it was super serious but it was just...

I think the main reason he never went after Rumple in the first place for trying to drown him, tying him up and throwing him in the trunk of the car or sending him and Emma flying through the barn was because he was under Zelena's control and he understood that regardless of how much he hated Rumple (and I do think Rumple felt some kind of regret doing this no matter how much he hates Hook).  But I think he stopped being understanding the moment he realized the dagger Belle had was a fake one.

I agree with Hook perhaps being considerate of Rumple's sacrifice, his circumstances, and how real Rumple's grief must truly have been when Nealfire died. Rumple couldn't even be there at the funeral. Rumple...I don't know. Even though Rumple technically has more power, I suspect that Rumple somehow also has more to prove? Hook can see his Good Form Hero Man of Honor reflected in Emma and maybe Charming's eyes, and even though he keeps secrets, it seems very important to him that at least that much is real. I could say the same for Rumple keeping secrets but wanting it to be important that Belle sees the real goodness in him, but Belle never said that she saw him as courageous which is more of a sticking point than being a villain (so Belle seeing "some good in him" or that "he's changed" is all well but just little tangential to what Rumple needs).

At the end of the day, whatever goes down with Rumple will show where Hook's moral compass really is.  He says he has changed and he has changed, his redemption arc has been done well enough.  What happens if he gets his hands on the one thing he has been trying to get his hands on for centuries?  Does he turn his back on it or does he use it?  Does he have a moral dilemma?  Does he give the dagger to Emma?  Do they try to figure out a way that they might be able to destroy it?

Rumple bringing up Milah all of a sudden and her death and how Hook got over her even though it took him centuries to do so couldn't have been for nothing.  I mean he may not be in love with her anymore and has moved on from that, but he may not be over the way she died either.  Emma was almost hatted

His hands as in plural? Oh! Weren't we told! An extra human hand gives Killian more permission to be harmful and violent than a sharpened piece of metal. XD (Sorry, that point in The Apprentice still cracks me up. I enjoyed the subversion of fanon, but it didn't make sense. That hand was on Lieutenant Killian Puppy Jones since the day he was born, and it was off his wrist right before things got really bad.)

But I agree, the real test of whether Hook's changed is what he'd do with The Dark One dagger.

Although I hope that he's done enough reading to know not to stab Rumple to death with it. It seems like the most obvious thing to do, though, if Killian doesn't know not to do that, then I think that's what he'd do. I don't see him trying controlling Rumple for fun and power-tripping, and controlling Rumple's destructiveness period is still to risky because Killian would need to have the dagger on him all the time or hidden or whatnot...

And I think I've been calling him Killian a lot more often on these forums lately because of the costume change.

His hands as in plural? Oh! Weren't we told! An extra human hand gives Killian more permission to be harmful and violent than a sharpened piece of metal. XD (Sorry, that point in The Apprentice still cracks me up. I enjoyed the subversion of fanon, but it didn't make sense. That hand was on Lieutenant Killian Puppy Jones since the day he was born, and it was off his wrist right before things got really bad.)

Actually, it was supposed to be hand, not hands.  But the whole restoring the left hand was full of BS, so much so that even if Rumple comes out and tells Hook that he cursed the hand before he gave it back to him, I don't think he'll ever want that hand back, ever.  

I thought for sure, they would tie Killian (I enjoy calling him Hook, because you know, HOOK!) insecurities with Emma's own insecurities.  It's always interesting that Killian wanted something that was part of him and didn't have for a long time, his hand, and Emma wanted something that is part of her taken away, her magic.  Hook not having his hand seemed (all of a sudden) to make him feel like a lesser person (which was something we never saw before) and Emma having her magic made her feel (all of a sudden) insecure (I'm looking for a different word, but can't find one).

They drew interesting parallels between the two they have yet to explore.

• Love 3

I was curious as to what was happening with The Dust Storm movie, and apparently they had a screening in Boston a few weeks ago. Colin wasn't there. One of the producers said on twitter "we submitted it to a bunch festivals and as soon as it get bought it will be on screens nationwide:) fingers crossed!!"

http://instagram.com/p/wshuTnPs2W/

Seeing as it's an indie, I think if they would build a website, post some clips, promote it a bit, and then harness the power of Colin's fans, they might do a better job at getting it released.

• Love 1