Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Bad Luck

I get what you're saying, but the girl "failed" in the sense that she still would have fallen victim if the guys hadn't come along. She surprised the villain, had him down, and would only have had to swing the fence rod (or whatever it was) a couple more times. Instead, as written, she pauses for no good reason, allows him to get the upper hand again, and then has to be rescued. If she was that close, why not just let the character have the moment?

Maybe there were S&P/child actor considerations, but it could also have been a dose of realism.  He was a large man and seasoned killer, and she was a much smaller teenaged girl with (as far as we know) no particular self-defense skills; in that sort of fight, while she might be able to get the upper hand occasionally (escaping, whacking him with the rod), she'd have to be exceptionally lucky to be able to defeat him permanently.  While I'm a fan of the kick-ass heroine who can take down the bad guy, I think in recent years tv shows and movies have gone overboard in showing tiny little 100-pound women take out men twice their size with no weapons but their fists and feet.

They show her with this wistful look, then she says, "Yeah, right. Like that'll happen!"

I didn't think that look was wistful at all. I'm guessing a person at the doctor's office said something along the lines of "Have you told the father yet? Is he thrilled?" And that was her acknowledging the ridiculousness of Nick being happy about it.

• Love 1

I'm close to being outta here.  For certain I'll stop watching the show live, and if it doesn't make a FAST course correction, I'll tune out altogether.  This isn't the show I signed up for.  I hate soap operas, I hate baby mama drama, I don't like the Juliet character, and there's nothing the show can do to make her more interesting to me.  Put her in a coma, give her amnesia, make her mope around about Nick boinking Adalind, make her a hexenbiest...I don't care!  The harder they try, the more I dislike this show.  This has become so much like what happened to Sleepy Hollow, I can't believe it. 

• Love 3

Um, actually, you can be fertile right after giving birth, especially if you aren't nursing.  The resulting phenomena are known as Irish Twins (no offense to those of Irish descent here...I didn't make up the term).

Still, is doesn't explain why it has taken anywhere from 7 months to a year for this pregnancy to actually happen.  Dear showrunners:  believe it or not, we can do math.

I didn't say that you aren't fertile, I said that you aren't at your MOST fertile immediately after delivery. Women can take a few weeks (to months) to regain their period and Adalind just gave birth. Do we know if she was or wasn't breastfeeding? Anyway, I was mainly responding to the person who said that she should be tracking ovulation cycles, which wouldn't be feasible or practical given the element of urgency and the fact that she just gave birth. The point was that I didn't think Adalind was being as stupid as people said.for getting pregnant. 

People keep assuming that every show happens in real time, when that's not a given. There has been a cumulative period of 7-8 months of off-the-air time since Adalind slept with Nick last May. All of those breaks happened right after a major cliffhanger,and no no time elapsed when the show resumed. For example, when the show resumed in Fall, Nick had just lost his powers as a Grimm and they were investigating the killing in his home, so no time elapsed between May and October. The same goes for the December cliffhanger, or the recent cliffhanger. So doing the math, it is possible that she had sex with Nick less than 3 months ago. I can also think of many reasons why a woman who just gave birth might not recognize the signs of pregnancy in her first trimester. 

• Love 2

People keep assuming that every show happens in real time, when that's not a given. There has been a cumulative period of 7-8 months of off-the-air time since Adalind slept with Nick last May. All of those breaks happened right after a major cliffhanger,and no no time elapsed when the show resumed. For example, when the show resumed in Fall, Nick had just lost his powers as a Grimm and they were investigating the killing in his home, so no time elapsed between May and October. The same goes for the December cliffhanger, or the recent cliffhanger. So doing the math, it is possible that she had sex with Nick less than 3 months ago. I can also think of many reasons why a woman who just gave birth might not recognize the signs of pregnancy in her first trimester. 

I agree that Grimm time is different than real time.  However, Adalind and Nick had their encounter the day of Monroe and Rosalee's wedding, which we know--because M&R said it in the show--that was in the Spring.  Since then, we've had a Christmas episode, so we know that, in the Grimm World, it is at least January.  Let's say that the wedding was in May or June, which would make Adalind 6 or 7 months pregnant...in Grimm time.

I agree that Grimm time is different than real time.  However, Adalind and Nick had their encounter the day of Monroe and Rosalee's wedding, which we know--because M&R said it in the show--that was in the Spring.  Since then, we've had a Christmas episode, so we know that, in the Grimm World, it is at least January.  Let's say that the wedding was in May or June, which would make Adalind 6 or 7 months pregnant...in Grimm time.

If M&R said it was a Spring wedding then the writers definitely screwed up (I don't remember that part, though). I still get the feeling that not much time has elpased since Monrosalie's wedding and if the writers hadn't thrown in that Christmas episode, then the timeline would have worked. This wouldn't be the first time a show has messed up its logical timeline by insisting on having a Christmas episode for the sake of the holiday spirit. Haven comes to mind. 

The only things I can think of that would explain Adalind not being noticeably pregnant after 6/7 months is that

1. Somehow the body morph/swap has caused the fetus to develop at half the time of a normal fetus which would make her 3/4 months and just now clicking to her not unreasonable.

2. Time passes more slowly in the European dungeon. I'm serious! Considering that Adalind was under some trippy magic influences by Viktor that's not outside the realm of possibility. Once she was out and back into the states, development will continue at a normal rate.

3. A HexenGrimm baby takes longer to gestate. If this is the first one of record, which could be possible, no one knows anything about how this pregnancy will go.

4. Diana has a twin that has decided now is the time to come out to play.

• Love 1

The only things I can think of that would explain Adalind not being noticeably pregnant after 6/7 months is that

4. Diana has a twin that has decided now is the time to come out to play.

In a show that, let's face it, doesn't make sense, the only one of these I could buy would be this one.  After all, they just dropped the double heartbeat line (as they drop so many storylines) and could easily bring it up here and, frankly, Diana have some sort of sleeper twin who shows up a year later is at least more palatable than a Nick/Adalind(/Juliette) baby to me.

• Love 1

If M&R said it was a Spring wedding then the writers definitely screwed up (I don't remember that part, though). I still get the feeling that not much time has elpased since Monrosalie's wedding and if the writers hadn't thrown in that Christmas episode, then the timeline would have worked. This wouldn't be the first time a show has messed up its logical timeline by insisting on having a Christmas episode for the sake of the holiday spirit. Haven comes to mind. 

Yes, M&R mentioned several times that they were having a spring wedding, so there is no getting around that.  And, besides the Adalind/Nick baby debacle, the timeline works.  They get married in the spring, spend the summer and fall trying to re-Grimm Nick, deal with the fruitcake Christmas demons, try to have their honeymoon after Christmas (when, let's face it, everyone wants to leave the Oregon rain), end up in all the tribunal mess, finally get to have their honeymoon,  and now..well, I'd say that it would be a hard argument to go for January with all that--February would be more like it.

I can't remember when Claire Coffee announced her pregnancy, but I want to say it was in about November?  

And Bitsie Tulloch recently said in an interview that the pregnancy WAS written in because CC was pregnant and, no, it is not going to end up that Juliette is actually the one pregnant.

.  It sort of seems to me that the writers completely forgot the timeline they had created and thought (hoped?) that the audience did, too.

Edited by OtterMommy

In a show that, let's face it, doesn't make sense, the only one of these I could buy would be this one.  After all, they just dropped the double heartbeat line (as they drop so many storylines) and could easily bring it up here and, frankly, Diana have some sort of sleeper twin who shows up a year later is at least more palatable than a Nick/Adalind(/Juliette) baby to me.

I forgot about that!  How did that go again?  The doctor said there were 2 heartbeats, Adalind asked if there were twins and the answer was no, and then ? ?  Or did I completely mis-remember?

I forgot about that!  How did that go again?  The doctor said there were 2 heartbeats, Adalind asked if there were twins and the answer was no, and then ? ?  Or did I completely mis-remember?

You pretty much have it.  There were 2 heartbeats and the doctor said that she didn't see a twin, it might just have been an echo and then they dropped it UNTIL Diana was born and she started appearing and disappearing places (like when Meisner found her in the forest and Juliette found her up in the spare bedroom, but then she turned into a pillow).

• Love 1

As for Schroedinger's Guest Room? Maybe it's like Brigadoon, where it only becomes tangible for a month every 100 years ?  Or it's solopsitic and only becomes reality when there is a third person in the house?  ( Then again, I don't think we saw the guest room when Juliette's college buddy came to hide from her abusive hubby.  Continuity, Show; look into it!)

Or, maybe Juliette doesn't want to stay in the same house with the person who can't even look at her without wanting to puke on his own shoes.

-The son's name was Peter- get it-Peter as in Peter Cotton Tail. Also I would have really liked it if the bad guy's name was Farmer McGregor (well, I thought that the bad guy had a Scot's accent, but that was it).

Or Peter Rabbit.  Also, the bad guy did not have a bad Scottish accent.  He had an excellent Welsh accent due to being from Wales.

• Love 1

Or, maybe Juliette doesn't want to stay in the same house with the person who can't even look at her without wanting to puke on his own shoes.

Or Peter Rabbit.  Also, the bad guy did not have a bad Scottish accent.  He had an excellent Welsh accent due to being from Wales.

Well, I thought it was Scottish. Although, in my mind a Walsh accent and an English accent all sound alike to me.

I've been a loyal fan of this show since the beginning. I stayed with it during the monster of the week, predictable, slow beginning. Even bought the Seasons. The show did get better- don't get me wrong. But now, I just don't get it. They should just rename the show "101 Ways To Screw Over Juliette". It's just getting ridiculous. I feel real bad for both Nick & Juliette. Nick HATES hexenbiests but he loves Juliette- that's the definition of mixed emotions. Juliette needs Nick now though. And he is the reason this happened to her. I just don't get why Juliette didn't tell Rosalee. I know that Henrietta said that there was nothing they could do to help. But if ANYONE can find a way to help, it is Rosalee & Monroe.

If all that isn't enough of a mess- there's Adalind & her Grimmbiest baby. That may just make me stop watching. It'a so stupid!! I agree- the writers are being lazy. I was REALLY, REALLY hoping that someone (Juliette) was FINALLY gonna kill that b•tch by the end of the season. I'm so tired of seeing her!

• Love 3

Why Juliette would trust a wily stranger with questionable methods over her bff healer who is an expert in this stuff, is beyond me. This show is always plot over character. Every. Time.

Well, to be fair, she first woged the night Monroe was kidnapped and that, understandably, took precedence over everything else.  As soon as that was taken care of, Monroe and Rosalee were off to their green screen honeymoon, so Rosalee wasn't around for Juliette.

• Love 1

I just mean it's been a while now, and after the hopeless, "Well, you're SOL! SORRY!" Juliette just gave up and said, "No hope for me!" and even Nick didn't say, "Hey, maybe we should get a second opinion. That woman is creeeepy. And we don't even know if she's telling the truth."

Oh, I agree with you completely on this one.....I don't think Henrietta is trustworthy in the least and I do think that Nick will find a "cure" somehow, perhaps with the help of Monroe and Rosalee (and that is likely).  Whether or not Juliette wants to be cured when that happens is another story....

• Love 1

I was looking at screencaps  to see if I could find an invitation for the wedding- to figure out how pregnant Adalind should be- and see what the date was. I haven't found one yet, but!

In "The inheritance"/3.21, Adalind most definitely has sexytimes with Renard!  My jaw dropped. We could be looking at another Who's The Daddy. Where's Maury Povich?

eta: Here's a link-- http://screencapped.net/tv/grimm/thumbnails.php?album=135&page=7

Edited by Actionmage

The only things I can think of that would explain Adalind not being noticeably pregnant after 6/7 months is that....

I thought she did possibly look 7 months pregnant now--at least her coat did (though not her face). The disconnect for me was that she looked to be hiding at least 5 months of baby under that coat, but she didn't know she was pg until Henrietta told her she was. It didn't occur to me that it might actually be 7 months of Grimm time since she hooked up with Nick in disguise. I don't try to keep track of time with this show.

Had to kind of let this one percolate a little bit before commenting.  

On the serial/procedural debate, the meta story versus the Wesen-of-the-week, they have to do the serial stuff in dribs and drabs because once they finish telling the meta story the series is over.  That's why procedural shows can run for 20-plus years and still have more stories to tell.  They wrap things up neatly every week with no ongoing story to muck up the works.  I don't Grimm to be over for a long, long time, so I hope they stay stingy and smart on the meta stuff.  

I wasn't Previously.TV during the part of the series when Juliette and Renard were obsessed with each other.  I'm hoping that now that Juliette has chosen Renard to help her through this that we'll get shirtless Sasha once again and that Renard and Juliette will get to consummate things between them.  The last two times we've seen Renard shirtless with respect to Juliette, he's been in excruciating pain. 

OtterMommy -- the Grimm's blood thing was nearly almost one of the first things out of Nick's mouth, so you win that one.  I didn't buy Henrietta's explanation of why it won't work on Juliette and I share the skepticism here that Henrietta has her own agenda and we just don't know what it is yet.  

Being from Portland, I really do love how gloomy and gorgeous and green they show this place to be.  I just wish they were more open about where they've parked the trailer, where that cabin is, where Rosalee and Monroe got married.  I'm starting to hang out in the Pearl now, one of the urban areas they film in.  I talked to a barista at a grocery store down there and she said she would ask next time the production crew comes in for supplies if the spice shop is a real place.  Squee.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 2

No love for the mom's name (Beatrice -- as in Potter)?

I wonder how many foot-biters will start with the ears on their chocolate bunnies this year?

I didn't mind that Chloe was rescued at the last minute.  She'd shown amazing strength and courage.  Befsdes "This is for my brother!" WHAP "This is for my father!" STAB "Oh, yeah? This is for.." BLAM! was funny.

There's an old saying: "THink a rabbit's foot is lucky?  Ask the rabbit!"  Now we know!

• Love 1

I thought she did possibly look 7 months pregnant now--at least her coat did (though not her face). The disconnect for me was that she looked to be hiding at least 5 months of baby under that coat, but she didn't know she was pg until Henrietta told her she was. It didn't occur to me that it might actually be 7 months of Grimm time since she hooked up with Nick in disguise. I don't try to keep track of time with this show.

No, in real life the actress was about 6-7 mos pregnant at the time of filming and looks it but in the show reality, Adalind is not supposed to be showing or obviously pregnant to the naked eye. Like with the Rosalee actress back in S2/3 when she was pregnant in real life the show is taking pains to hide her pregnancy by putting her in big coats and having her hold big purses/bags in front of her as well as having the camera frame her from her chest up.

Claire Coffee is pregnant and looks it; Adalind is pregnant and is just finding out and we're supposed to ignore that the actress is obviously a lot farther along than her character.

The writers are either hoping that no one notices the timeline gaffe or they have something up their sleeve (another twist!) to explain the discrepancy. Time will tell.

One other way to catch Adalind up to the actress' pregnancy is just do a time jump in one of the upcoming episodes. The show could do a 'Four months later...' title card at the beginning (or maybe even near the end of the show) and we pick up with everyone and what they've been doing in the past 4 months - with Adalind now heavily pregnant and in hiding trying to figure out what to do next.

I'm still banking on the kid being Juliette/Nick's (somehow via magic) since that would be the ONLY thing that would keep Nick or Juliette from killing her. And honestly, Adalind absconding with Nick/Juliette's kid at the end of the season is a pretty big karmic payback is a bitch move since however good their motives, they facilitated the kidnapping of Diana and left Adalind in the dark about the whole thing and didn't even care to come up with a cover story to even try to placate a woman they KNOW has gunned for them in the past. They stupidly underestimated her love for Diana and expected her to fade away without question and now they're all paying the price. I really wish Henrietta or Sean's mom would remind them of this - you stole her kid. How did you expect her to react?

Back to the show, I really wish Peter's mom had gotten to blow away the hunter who murdered her husband and son. Nice that the daughter got in her licks, but Mom was owed the opportunity to make him pay as well.

Edited by TobinAlbers

At the same time Adalind was going to sell her kid anyway. So she's not mother of the year. I still wish they hid the actress's pregnancy and didn't have this as a story at all.

• Love 3

I was looking at screencaps  to see if I could find an invitation for the wedding- to figure out how pregnant Adalind should be- and see what the date was. I haven't found one yet, but!

In "The inheritance"/3.21, Adalind most definitely has sexytimes with Renard!  My jaw dropped. We could be looking at another Who's The Daddy. Where's Maury Povich?

eta: Here's a link-- http://screencapped.net/tv/grimm/thumbnails.php?album=135&page=7

You'd have to go back to the episodes after Monroe proposed.  They said several times over several episodes that they were going to have a Spring wedding.

As for the 3.21 ep....interesting.  If I remember correctly, that means that Adalind had relations with both Nick and Renard within days of each other...bring up, (big dramatic sigh) yet ANOTHER case of who's the daddy. I mean, they haven't even proven that Renard is Diana's father and, if you go by the show's timeline (which is questionable), there is no way Renard is Diana's father.  Adalind took the pregnancy test about 24 hours after being with Renard, but a couple weeks after being with Eric.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2

I found this on some blog called Mandolin Cafe.  It is from January 24, 2015.

"Now that Coffee is six months along, the couple have already picked out a few favorite potential names and are starting to convert Thile’s music room into a nursery."

That would put the birth of her real baby in April.

I still wish they hid the actress's pregnancy and didn't have this as a story at all.

My favorite treatment of an actress' pregnancy was Lauren Lane's on "The Nanny." - they just ignored it.  The actress kept getting bigger & bigger, but the character didn't.  And they didn't try to hide it.  She was just doin' normal stuff, big as a house, and everyone was blissfully apathetic to her size.  It was SO damn refreshing.

• Love 1

My favorite treatment of an actress' pregnancy was Lauren Lane's on "The Nanny." - they just ignored it.  The actress kept getting bigger & bigger, but the character didn't.  And they didn't try to hide it.  She was just doin' normal stuff, big as a house, and everyone was blissfully apathetic to her size.  It was SO damn refreshing.

They did a sort of similar thing on Friends.  Courteney Cox was pregnant and Monica wasn't (in fact, she was dealing with infertility) and they just kept filming as usual and NO ONE cared.

Frankly, they could have done something like this with Claire Coffee...or just minimized her role for a bit.  I mean there were episodes on end just a few episodes ago where she would have AT MOST one scene.  Everyone else talks about Adalind, so it wasn't like the character was going away (as much as we would have liked).

Writing her pregnancy into the plot, especially when her IRL pregnancy is so far along (about 6 months at the time this ep was filmed) is just bizarre.  It is obvious that this was a change mid-stream for the writers, so I hope what they had originally planned was so much worse than this (although I can't think what could be).

One of the dumber things I thought they did in this episode was create a whole new group of Wesen whose sole reason was hunting down a completely different group of Wesen in order to chop off their left feet.  It seems like it would have been easier to just mention the Rabbit-people and the fact that some unscrupulous Wesen hunted them for their feet and have the hunter guy be a Blutbad or some other wolflike Wesen.  Like ivory hunters.  You don't have to be born and raised in a culture of ivory hunters to hunt elephants for ivory.  You just need to be an asshole who's fine with killing elephants for their tusks.

• Love 6

One of the dumber things I thought they did in this episode was create a whole new group of Wesen whose sole reason was hunting down a completely different group of Wesen in order to chop off their left feet.  It seems like it would have been easier to just mention the Rabbit-people and the fact that some unscrupulous Wesen hunted them for their feet and have the hunter guy be a Blutbad or some other wolflike Wesen.  Like ivory hunters.  You don't have to be born and raised in a culture of ivory hunters to hunt elephants for ivory.  You just need to be an asshole who's fine with killing elephants for their tusks.

Word.

I mean, we had the Rabbit wesen before I think (wasn't the guy who was drowned in cement in season 1 a Rabbit wesen?) but there are so many predator Wesen they could have used for the foot chopper.  Sorry Monroe, but wouldn't a blutbad be the perfect fit?  If not, what about a Coyotl?  Why do we need yet one other wesen that we may never see again?

ETA: Correction.  It was an Eisbeiber who drowned in the cement.  I thought there was a bunny wesen in the episode where Monroe goes undercover in a church, but it was a goat.  I can't keep my wesen straight....

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

There was a scene tonight that exemplified exactly what sucks out the joy in watching these types of fantasy/sci fi shows for me and it's this:  If you are the mother rabbit of a family that's been hunted down for generations and is being actively hunted down right now, wouldn't you train your kids with a vengeance to be ultra paranoid?  Why would a kid from that kind of family history (his father was just killed!)  sneak off in the middle of the night to the forest? Even if I grant it some justification as he's a teenager trying to score sex, why in the world would he walk deeper into the forest towards some unknown music in eerie darkness??? Viewers go into these types of shows buying into the premise of ghosts, zombies, witches, Grimm, etc., but what we CANNOT buy into is behavior and situations that are so ridiculous as to suspend belief.  So instead of being immersed in the story, you're watching it bewildered at the utter stupidity and counter intuitiveness of the characters, which has the effect of sucking out the enjoyment of the show.  A good lesson can be learned from what I call the Highlander Effect.  Yes, I will buy into the premise that there's an immortal Scotsman running around Paris cutting people's heads off.  But what I would NOT have been able to believe is that he roams all over town unnoticed with a long and deadly sword always at his side.  The solution?  He wears a long coat.  all the time. problem solved.  See how easy that was?  One simple piece of clothing resolved the angst and ridicule we would have had while watching the show with utter disbelief (yes, I know there were other issues but you get what I'm saying).  I'm not picking on Grimm only as this is a common problem with many shows, but when I saw that scene I was immediately disgusted and that killed all the drama and effect of the storyline for me.  And it's not just character behavior that needs to be believable, it's the background stories too. I really think the show could benefit from having storylines with reoccurring wessen species so that we can get some more context and investment in the stories instead of constantly having one-off wessen episodes.  It’s like a constant carousel of weird and violent creatures without a true understanding of what they are and how they live, which I think would be very interesting on a show like this.

Also, I can't believe it but Juliette and Adelaine have now become the most interesting characters of the show.  They really need to do something about that as it speaks to how boring the title character has become.  And Monroe, the character with the most character, has been subdued for some time now.  His charm and fun at the beginning of the series has totally disappeared.  I think it was a mistake to pair him off with Rosalie, though I really like her character as well.

Edited by Caria
  • Love 2

I'm actually not that comfortable with them killing off a teenager on this kind of show in such a manner. I mean, axed to death and left for his mom to find? They could easily have written it where her husband was still alive and he was the victim, and she went on the run with both kids. Save the kid murder for realistic crime shows that treat it with the gravity it deserves, not the kind of show that just uses it to move the plot along.

I guess that's it for Nick and Juliette. Even if they cured her, Adalind's still having his grimmbeast baby.

Edited by Dobian

I'm actually not that comfortable with them killing off a teenager on this kind of show in such a manner. I mean, axed to death and left for his mom to find? They could easily have written it where her husband was still alive and he was the victim, and she went on the run with both kids. Save the kid murder for realistic crime shows that treat it with the gravity it deserves, not the kind of show that just uses it to move the plot along.

This is a really morbid, but could they have had the guy cut his foot off and the mother find him alive? He doesn't need his foot to live. So they have her find him bleeding and cut to him being in the hospital alive. Then they could still have the guy go after the girl. But not kill anyone.

I was really hoping for that, actually.  Of course, how awful for the track star to lose his foot, but I hated to see his mom lose her son like this.  I suppose it was so the mom and daughter would immediately go on the run (something that they probably would not have done had he been in a hospital), but still.

And Monroe, the character with the most character, has been subdued for some time now.  His charm and fun at the beginning of the series has totally disappeared.  I think it was a mistake to pair him off with Rosalie, though I really like her character as well.

I kinda, sorta agree with this.  I think the problem is that the writers went from having Monroe and Rosalee to Monrosalee.  However, within that, Rosalee was still be able to keep some autonomy because of her job and knowledge as an apothecary.  In season one (and maybe in season two as well) there were a handful of story lines where Monroe served as a liaison between Nick and Wesen world.  He introduced Nick to the aging Spider lady, he talked with some of his "support group" buddies in Big Feet, etc.  I mean, for a loner, he knows a lot of people.  Or knew....  Somehow that all changed with Rosalee.  Who was in the congregation at their wedding?  A bunch of eisbeibers (and apparently one bauerschwein date) and a few other people we've seen only as customers at the Spice Shop.

Rosalee also serves a role as a liaison with the Council and I think the writers could revive Monroe's character a bit by giving him a sort of similar role with the Wesen in Portland. 

Just my thought....

I miss the days where Monroe was kind of Nick's "shadow partner" because Hank wasn't in the know.  Once Hank and now Wu are in the know, Monroe was no longer needed in that role and the show has struggled to find a role for him ever since.  It's sad that now the show could probably lose both Hank and Monroe without much in the way of hindering Nick.  Rosalee is as much if not more of a conduit to the Wesen world (and the Council) than Monroe and Hank is easily replaceable as Nick's partner by Wu.

Sure, I like Hank and Monroe but the main cast is pretty large now and it'd be nice to see everyone get a little but more story time, especially if Adalind could be demoted to recurring status.

I guess that's it for Nick and Juliette. Even if they cured her, Adalind's still having his grimmbeast baby.

I'm really hoping--and I NEVER thought I'd wish for something like this--that Juliette kills pregnant Adalind.  That's really the only way I can see them cleaning this mess up.

I'd like to see how a grimmbeast, (grimmbiest) baby turns out.  It would be quite formidable, having the powers of both a hexenbiest and a grimm.

When Juliette went beast on Nick and asked him to kiss her, I was hoping he'd just start making out with her, it would have been hysterical.  And a huge win for that scene.

• Love 1

I mean, we had the Rabbit wesen before I think (wasn't the guy who was drowned in cement in season 1 a Rabbit wesen?) but there are so many predator Wesen they could have used for the foot chopper.  Sorry Monroe, but wouldn't a blutbad be the perfect fit?  If not, what about a Coyotl?  Why do we need yet one other wesen that we may never see again?

Because the show is too married to a gimmick. And that gimmick is inventing some new kind of interesting Wesen every week then tying it into some fairy tale, fable, legend or superstition. 

Like I said before, that was great during the first couple of seasons but now with this overly burdensome Royals subplot getting heavier and heavier I don't know why they still insist on knocking out a new Wesen of the Week every damn week. It's just silly now. I mean, Buffy managed to come up with different demons and ghouls through its run but they didn't have a different kind every single week.

I'm really hoping--and I NEVER thought I'd wish for something like this--that Juliette kills pregnant Adalind.  That's really the only way I can see them cleaning this mess up.

Or Pyrrhic victory and they both kill each other sort of simultaneously.

Adalind screaming in horror because she's pregnant with Nick's baby was worth the price of admission for this episode. And hear I thought I would hate that development. If Adalind suffers horribly, then I'm in. Let the baby be born healthy with Adalind dying in childbird. Wait, I have an even better idea. Baby Grimm rips through Adalind's stomach all like Alien. I would pay to see that.

Adalind makes me laugh. She's the buttmonkey of the show.

If she didn't have bad luck, she'd have no luck at all...

• Love 1

I'm assuming that the accordion bit came from the original faerie tale because otherwise it was just kind of ridiculous.  Honestly even if it came from the original story it was ridiculous.  Still, if they were going to use the accordion, the least they could do would be to pay the royalties to use "Squeezebox" by The Who.

Oooh, new show idea.  CSI: Music City and "Squeezebox" is the opening theme.

I agree with the idea that Juliette was subconsciously trying to drive Nick away in a "let's get this over with" kind of way.  However, when I rewatched the scene, I noticed that he was meeting her fear and despair over this situation with a bunch of "We'll get through this together" cliches.  So, Juliette got kind of pissed and gave him a "kiss my rotting, corpsified face" as a reality check.

• Love 1

If she didn't have bad luck, she'd have no luck at all...

... gloom, despair, and agony on meeee!  (/HeeHaw reference)

When Juliette went beast on Nick and asked him to kiss her, I was hoping he'd just start making out with her, it would have been hysterical.  And a huge win for that scene.

Dobian, I was hoping for the same. Too bad we have to have unrelenting angst instead of angst with a dollop of humor or sweetness from time to time.

Dobian, I was hoping for the same. Too bad we have to have unrelenting angst instead of angst with a dollop of humor or sweetness from time to time.

The show has that in spades.  I do like that those dollaps generally don't come at the expense of the characters.  Nick grabbing Corpse-face Juliette and making out would've been funny, but it wouldn't have been something Nick would really have done and sounds like something that would end up on the show's blooper reel.

• Love 3