Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Amster-Damn Slap

• Start Topic

We all saw the slap months ago in the super tease. And Lisa had already described it to her family; to Lisa's credit, she accurately explained that she wasn't hit very hard or seriously, but that it felt like a violation nonetheless. As much as I don't like Lisa, I don't fault her reaction at all - it seems very in line with the situation. I get why she would be taken aback. But, given the context of the whole season, with Brandi clearly being crazy and doing all sorts of inappropriate stuff to all sorts of different cast members on our TV screens, I don't see the outrage and I personally think Pandora is being overly dramatic. I would feel the same way if Vince Van Patten took to twitter and exclaimed, "HOW DARE BRANDI THROW A GLASS OF WINE AT MY WIFE? SHAMEFUL, DISGUSTING!! EILEEN IS THE SWEETEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD AND BRANDI SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSELF!" It's just adding fuel to a ridiculous fire. Brandi is crazy. Yes, Pandora has a right to speak up - and being that she is in the public eye, I have the right to think that her indignation is self-righteous and dumb.

We all saw the slap months ago, but not the build-up to it.  And IMO that changed the tone of the entire thing.

We obviously disagree.  I don't think Pandora was at all self-righteous or dumb.  I think she reacted the way many daughters would.  Often people tweet in support of someone else, and I'm sure that what she wrote was appreciated by Lisa.  I have no problem with that, and I see the whole tweeting thing as pretty harmless.  

• Love 15

[...]  and I personally think Pandora is being overly dramatic.

Eh, she's a young, 20-something year old woman.  Is there any other way for her to be?*  LOL 

I wouldn't expect her to react in the same manner as a, what, 50-something year old man.

*And I can make fun of this, now that I'm into my 30's and I no longer resemble that remark, mostly.  Not as often anymore at least.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 5

We all saw the slap months ago in the super tease. And Lisa had already described it to her family; to Lisa's credit, she accurately explained that she wasn't hit very hard or seriously, but that it felt like a violation nonetheless. As much as I don't like Lisa, I don't fault her reaction at all - it seems very in line with the situation. I get why she would be taken aback. But, given the context of the whole season, with Brandi clearly being crazy and doing all sorts of inappropriate stuff to all sorts of different cast members on our TV screens, I don't see the outrage and I personally think Pandora is being overly dramatic. I would feel the same way if Vince Van Patten took to twitter and exclaimed, "HOW DARE BRANDI THROW A GLASS OF WINE AT MY WIFE? SHAMEFUL, DISGUSTING!! EILEEN IS THE SWEETEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD AND BRANDI SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSELF!" It's just adding fuel to a ridiculous fire. Brandi is crazy. Yes, Pandora has a right to speak up - and being that she is in the public eye, I have the right to think that her indignation is self-righteous and dumb.

Brandi did not physically touch Eileen at any point. Brandi grabbed LisaV's arm stopping her from leaving the boat, held her head while trying to force an unwanted kiss on her, pushed her backwards, physically blocked her exit once again then slapped her on the face. That is 4 times in the matter of minutes that Brandi put her hands on Lisa after she was told to stop and told NO! Pandora reacted like most daughters would react to seeing her mother accosted by a drunk. Had Brandi been a man, IMO, he would have been arrested and charges pressed.

• Love 9

We all saw the slap months ago, but not the build-up to it. And IMO that changed the tone of the entire thing.

We obviously disagree. I don't think Pandora was at all self-righteous or dumb. I think she reacted the way many daughters would. Often people tweet in support of someone else, and I'm sure that what she wrote was appreciated by Lisa. I have no problem with that, and I see the whole tweeting thing as pretty harmless.

That's the point for me. No the slap wasn't egregious but everything else was. Trying to force a kiss on Lisa when Lisa even said back in season 4's reunion Brandi has tried to kiss her before and she rejected her and yet she does again. Cornering LVP so she wouldn't leave. Wanting to LVP to hit her first so Brandi could possibly spin a story to play victim. And when LVP didn't give Brandi what she wanted she ended up slapping her first saying to Yo it was a "joke".

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Jokes are supposed to be funny, Brandi, you suck at that.  I hope she gets heckled right out of the studio, at the reunion. 

I'm sure Brandi gets away with all of the bullshit she pulls because she's a pretty woman, whose entire shtick consists of being drunkenly crazy and just, oh so cute* about it.  If she were more unattractive or a man, she'd have been arrested, blacklisted, or have her teeth knocked out long ago. 

*Barf   

• Love 9

Kyle's cape on Eileen would have made the difference for Eileen.  No excuse for the open toed shoes. Her hair is nice when it's in soft curls.  In one TH, she has it straight and the layers on the left look like they were cut with dull kitchen shears. Above it looks like she blow dried it (without use of a brush) on high, or maybe she was just high.  When Vanderpump's hair looks in better condition than yours, it's time for a hot oil treatment.

She looks a little deranged in that picture. I told y'all....there's crazy lurking and it's peeking out there.

• Love 2

From Kyle's Facebook page, a pic from Amsterdam.

Once I finished recoiling in horror from Eileen's orange dress and black tights, I realized someone was missing from this pic. 

Not sure if this is from the night Brandi had her "date" or at some other point in their trip but...Yeah, no "BG"

11054404_1034351609912386_66596105660611

After seeing their legs here (minus Eileen’s of course) I really lament the fact that pantyhose is out of vogue.  (at least in their circles.)

I'm sorry I can't seem to cut and paste the picture here !!!  Uggghhh

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 1

I really don't agree with was Eileen's position. I mean I don't get it. Eileen decided she would interject her opinion during the exchange between Kim and LisaR. When you choose to do something like that you are playing with fire and it's basic elementary school logic. I jump in for my friend, then said friend patches things up and where does that leave me? I had that happen to me which is why, when it comes to bullshit you really have to pick your battles wisely. Also Eileen needs to be real, she took the opportunity to PIGGYBACK off of LisaR's confrontation. Eileen had her own issues bubbling up with Kim for some time but since she didn't have anything she felt was concrete enough to actually initiate her own personal confrontation with Kim she was counting on the blow up with LisaR to finally have a chance to voice her own problems with Kim's behavior. When the very next day LisaR drops the bomb that Kim and her have talked things out Eileen is all "hold up wait" I'm not happy about it which hey is her right but why is that LisaR's problem? Kim came to her they talked it out LisaR wants to let it go cause hey it's too exhausting to be that involved with the cray cray so moving along... That's her prerogative.

If Eileen feels that doesn't fly then Eileen should have talked it out with Kim and I'm still confused as to why, if you have something that's not sitting right with you and feel that it just has to come out that she didn't go talk to Kim earlier so yet another group confrontation is avoided? Also, I know I'm not bugging but umm Eileen dragged that shit out longer than it needed and somehow it turned into everyone saying that Kim somehow didn't XYZ and Eileen was coming from a good place. Ummm NO, Eileen was referring to the debacle from the previous night which she wasn't happy about (rightly so), so that exchange was about Eileen wanting to get some resolution about the night before. They got into some of the bad behavior and some of it went all the way back to Eileen's disapproval and "worry" over Kim's behavior at her house but the original vibe was not some goody goody place it was about being on the other end of Kim's tirade and Kim's bad behavior in general not some innocent kumbaya mention of things "going haywire" .  Which it didn't have to be. Annnndddd, they talked that part out rather well and Kim and Eileen went back and forth a bit but Eileen just kept on prolonging that conversation. Being deliberately obtuse isn't the same as not giving the other person a pass. She didn't want to condone it so she kept expressing her lack interest in Kim's "explanations" but that just keeps it going.  

I would have respected Eileen more had she just ended it with. Fine Kim, you are going to put your own spin on what's really the issue but I let it be known that I'm not okay with being on the other end of your erratic behavior so let's make sure we don't find ourselves there anymore. Whether you feel there's been "confusion" or not let's just make it a point to not have it happen again and I think we'll all have what we ultimately want. I also get that Brandi's insertion derailed the conversation from what seemed to be seconds from ending but Brandi jumped in because Eileen was prolonging it with continued comments, challenging what was being said . I mean I get it. You don't by it, you're still skeptical but damn you said your peace and got it off your chest so stop dragging it out and let the evening move on already. Also, like I mentioned. If she wanted more of a sincere and authentic outcome why not go to her earlier?  If you truly want to hash something out amicably, thoroughly and really express yourself completely you don't jeopardize the results you're hoping to get by discussing it amongst other wounded up women. When things like this are approached this way make me think that the ultimate goal is actually some form of an altercation. SMH!

I don't think Eileen is confrontational enough to go directly to Kim privately but I also don't think she's going to let it go.  For however long it takes, we'll hear her bitching about it in her THs and to the other women.  She'll probably get into it at the reunion though because she has to contribute some drama to the show to justify the $750k from Bravo and there's safety in numbers.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Since I'm taking a break from discussing Brandi and Kim, I needed something to snark about and read through all the comments on the fashion sense (or lack thereof) of the HWs in that group picture and decided:

Yolanda looks like a stewardess (excuse me - Flight Attendant)

Kim is still stuck in the 70's.

Eileen is dressed for Halloween.

LisaV could easily pass for a biker chic.

And Kyle.........well I wondered if that was the cape she wore while fleeing the restaurant.  If not, she has a thing for capes but I thought her shoulder pads needed epaulets.  I really liked the idea of giving her a witch's hat (someone suggested she looked like she emerged from The Craft) but I thought a fascinator would compliment her ridiculous face hiding, weeping, froggy voice whining and pearl clutching.

RHOBH%20Redux2_zpslanc1dir.jpg

Anna, can you do them all in Halloween garb? 

Kyle, with that outfit, obviously as a witch, and you pretty much took care of Eileen's horrid outfit.  Yo as a flight attendant kind of works, but maybe leave in the keyhole and make her a sexy one, holding a drink tray or something?  Lisa could be a french maid I suppose, but you would probably come up with something better.  Kim, you kind of already added the go go boots, but maybe a magic wand in her hand or Goldie Hawn style body paint (ala Laugh in?) 

I don't know, but after Eileen's chop, I think it would be fun to see them all decked  out in bad Halloween costumes, because they kind of are anyway. 

(although I didn't hate Yolanda's keyhole dress as much as you guys, and I adore her shoes, I usually like the way Yo dresses in general.)

Kyle, Yo, or Lisa could also be vampires with all the black...anyway, as I said, I think you would probably come up with something better if you get in the mood to do one more.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

I don't think Eileen is confrontational enough to go directly to Kim privately but I also don't think she's going to let it go.  For however long it takes, we'll hear her bitching about it in her THs and to the other women.  She'll probably get into it at the reunion though because she has to contribute some drama to the show to justify the $750k from Bravo and there's safety in numbers.

What? is that how much Eileen makes? I didn't know that.

I bet Brandi was reeling when she heard that Eileen would be making 750K for her first season.

Brandi has had to sacrifice her dignity, if she ever had one, morals and basically act like a clown and make up some whoop lies to secure her spot and in order to get probably not even a third of what Eileen is doing on her first season, no wonder Brandi hates Eileen so much. LOL

You are absolutely right, those evil numbers, they speak for themselves.

• Love 8

See that's what I mean. She isn't confrontational enough and because of that I feel it was pretty shitty of her to then CONFRONT LisaR about it. That exchange to me was Eileen being pissed that the crusade she was getting all revved to have WITH backup (LisaR and Kyle) was completely shot down because LisaR allowed the tension to diffuse which meant leaving Eileen holding the bag if she decided to push forward with this whole "let's take Kim to task" agenda she had all ready. I could see her disappointment it having her window shut and that's just plain bullshit and chickenshit. You have a position on it and very valid one so I don't get why she needs to have a support group to have at it? To me it seems like she wasn't comfortable speaking her piece unless she could have some of the others back her up. I mean not for nothing even if more than one of them have an issue I don't think it's cool that she wanted to have a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 with Kim. One on one is the way it should always be and when these women chose group situations to air grievances to me that's a sign of wanting back up, being okay with ganging up and inviting a pretty ugly exchange because we all know someone is bound to chime in, the point gets derailed other examples and grievances find their way into the conversation and then it becomes a free for all.

This is why I hate the decision to bring things up at a table with second, third parties present. Of course that's what this franchise is based off of and thrives on but at the same time I will always find fault with the housewives that allow themselves the permission to indulge in that temptation as opposed to handling it with some integrity. I know it isn't a popular opinion but for all the grief that Kim gets for it, her attempts (when asked to discuss or talk about whatever) to avoid such conversations isn't such a shock to me and I absolutely approve of. Yeah, the questionable behavior is all on her and it's her fault she slips in a public way but that doesn't mean there is something wrong with the way she expresses her desire to address it afterwards, (when forced) in a more controlled and discreet setting. I see nothing wrong with her desire to keep from having to engage in such conversations in a restaurant with way more people involved in the conversation than necessary. Eileens decision that it had to be cleared up right then and there is so ill willed IMO. She had enough time to coordinate a sit down with LISA. R. to discuss ONE ON ONE but couldn't manage to arrange the same sort of meeting with Kim IF it was that much of a weight on her shoulders? Her energy was wasted on speaking with LisaR and her disappointment at the issue being put to rest without her approval. That's what she chose to have a private sit down about? Instead of trying to work out HER grievance with Kim individually she was looking to deal with it in a group setting which I think isn't the best approach and begs for a non resolution resolution. Is it really that easy to get these women to go against common sense? 

Again, I do like Eileen and the addition of her and the way she approached Lisa AT FIRST with her diplomatic approach was appreciated by me however when push came to shove she erred on the side of mob mentality and didn't like it when she wasn't able to carry that out with the support she felt she should have had since she jumped on board so willingly. I'm still looking forward to what she might bring to the show after all this Kim stuff is out of the way though.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 2

Anna, can you do them all in Halloween garb? 

Sorry, but I think we've had enough Halloween considering tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day.  

It's time to move on and hopefully, tomorrow night's episode will provide another scenario ripe for snarking.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

What? is that how much Eileen makes? I didn't know that.

I bet Brandi was reeling when she heard that Eileen would be making 750K for her first season.

Brandi has had to sacrifice her dignity, if she ever had one, morals and basically act like a clown and make up some whoop lies to secure her spot and in order to get probably not even a third of what Eileen is doing on her first season, no wonder Brandi hates Eileen so much. LOL

You are absolutely right, those evil numbers, they speak for themselves.

Im sure Brandi had a fit in private. You see how much she had stink when Eileen and Whitney Cummings were shading her on WWHL she went into a Twitter meltdown on Andy the next day.

But I think the person who really blew their top over Eileen's salary was Kim. She genuinely doesn't like Eileen because shes 5 yrs older than Kim and beautiful, family person, together, shes a book author, and she has the Emmy. You can tell since the sitdown between she and her sister and Eileen tried to meditate Kim said "I dont have the warm and fuzzies for Eileen." Why?? What she do to you but try and help you and your sister repair your relationship. Then we see later it has to be the envy of Eileen's accomplishments.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Unless I'm blind, there's someone else missing from that picture (although I don't miss her in the least) -- Lisa R.  She must be out getting her black eye makeup darkened even more to distract viewers from staring at her lips. 

As far as the dresses are concerned, when I looked at Yolanda I nearly laughed my head off.  There she is, in a perfectly respectable dress ... with a giant peephole cut out of it -- a natural sign that whispers, "See my boobies?"  Now that Gigi has been named "Newcomer of the Year" in the modeling world (mostly for her nearly nude shots), I think Yolanda is taking a page from Gigi's book.  And that hat!  Yo looks just like those cigarette girls in nightclubs from old movies.  All she needs is her cigarette tray in front of her.  Kim's dress didn't cost much.  Look how the fabric has wrinkled across the front just from sitting.

Brandi has been wailing all over the internet that nobody likes her.  Oh, the pity act she's putting on!  The last one I read had Brandi feeling awful because she's no longer wanted, yet at the end of her post, she says  "So what?"  Per usual, I can't figure her out, although I can't say that I care.  She seems to be talking out of both sides of her mouth.  If I were Brandi, I'd be dreading the reunion like the plague!  It should be interesting.  Is everyone ready for a bloodbath?

Hold up, Brandi actually said that Eileen has some gray hair and that's why she doesn't like it?!  

What the actual fuck is wrong with this woman?  I mean, really, there's got to be a list, somewhere, of all the things wrong with this snatch.  A long list. 

Ohhh I would love to see that list. I know a lot of what is wrong with her and I could certainly add to that list. It would require it's own thread, that is how warped and fucked up Brandi is.

Re Pandora:  If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, put their hands on my mother, father, brother, sister, nieces, nephews, my kids or my pets, I would be a FIGHTING BITCH! Screw Twitter. That person would be damn lucky if all they got were some choice words on Twitter.

If it had been Brandi being slapped by anyone else, I am most definite it would be viewed differently, just like the "wounds" she received by Kyle.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

Random comment - Kim said she hated Eileen's hair and I just want to say I think Eileen's hair is fabulous.

What is it about Eileen's hair?! First, Brandi threw wine in it and then Kim insulted it.

• Love 1

What is it about Eileen's hair?! First, Brandi threw wine in it and then Kim insulted it.

It's washed, it's clean, and it is styled very well for a woman her age. Coincidence that both Brandi and Kim have made mention of their dislike of Eileen's hair? C'mon now!  You know that is Brandi talking there to Kim. Brandi probably pulls up Google images of Eileen and sits there with Kim as she lists all of Eileen's supposed flaws. Those two clowns are just fucking rude, stupid, drunk, and jealous to the core of everyone else.

• Love 9

Many posters can't understand, "Why didn't so-and-so just go to the offending party privately and discuss the situation one-on-one?" Because this is REALITY TV. We don't want mature problem solving. We want rants and eye rolls and slaps!

• Love 10

Many posters can't understand, "Why didn't so-and-so just go to the offending party privately and discuss the situation one-on-one?" Because this is REALITY TV. We don't want mature problem solving. We want rants and eye rolls and slaps!

I can definitely do without the slaps but otherwise, this. 

Having the women go and talk about a bunch of stuff privately makes absolutely no sense to me since they're on a reality show. 

If Kim can't handle having conversations about what she's bringing to the table for the show then she really shouldn't be on the show. 

• Love 10

Kim also said that LisaR was sending her texts which, to me, says that she tried to approach her privately before and/or after talking to her at Eileen's.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

Of course, which is why I can't give any of them any slack with regards to their "aftermaths" their tears, their OMG's their "her behavior was reprehensible", their "who does that's". Who does that? People who are stupidly confronted publicly and are antagonized, criticized, patronized and belittled. All emotions that are risked when deciding to confront someone publicly about sensitive issues and insecurities.  That's why I have little sympathy for the wives that DECIDE to create these moments that OBVIOUSLY won't end well by initiating negative confrontations as opposed to the one's that have their disasters more organically.

I can definitely do without the slaps but otherwise, this. 

Having the women go and talk about a bunch of stuff privately makes absolutely no sense to me since they're on a reality show. 

If Kim can't handle having conversations about what she's bringing to the table for the show then she really shouldn't be on the show. 

They can still be on camera and it can still be filmed. Lisa R and Kim for one. It's the group confrontations that I can do without.

Of course, which is why I can't give any of them any slack with regards to their "aftermaths" their tears, their OMG's their "her behavior was reprehensible", their "who does that's". Who does that? People who are stupidly confronted publicly and are antagonized, criticized, patronized and belittled. All emotions that are risked when deciding to confront someone publicly about sensitive issues and insecurities.  That's why I have little sympathy for the wives that DECIDE to create these moments that OBVIOUSLY won't end well as opposed to the one's that have their disasters more organically.

They can still be on camera and it can still be filmed. Lisa R and Kim for one. It's the group confrontations that I can do without.

I'm of the opinion that Kim would be hostile in a confrontation off camera, on camera, one on one, group style, intervention style with a licensed person moderating the discussion--I can't see Kim not reacting badly whatever the scenario if it's her issues that are going to be the focus. It's just the way she is IMO. She couldn't have been much more dismissive during that lunch with Eileen and Kyle not to mention exceptionally resentful. 

At the same time we know for a fact that Kim doesn't find it offensive to have an on camera confrontation with other women about their issues. Kim is a raging hypocrite when it comes to this shit. 

• Love 12

And after Eileens it should have been done.

I believe it was done until Brandi stirred Kim up by giving her half the story of her conversation with LisaR just before they boarded a plane. Kim was radiating animosity, and Lisar wanted to know why it was being directed at her. That, IMO, is what stirred it up again on camera. And then there was Yolanda asking the women to share something personal in the name of supporting each other after they had already had that ugly confrontation on the plane.

• Love 8

Kim lost any right to a "private" confrontation when she cursed at Eileen and called her a beast in the restaurant, in a group setting.

This all went down publicly, so no need to for private sit-downs orchestrated by Eileen. It's not like Kim's Apology Tour extended to Eileen's hotel room and Kyle's room. Kim went to Lisa R. privately and that was it. After what Eileen witnessed, I'm sure she felt no need to speak to Kim alone. I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd be scared to death of her. Plus, I'd want all her loony actions on display so she couldn't lie about them later.

Now Kim can't continue lying and saying "Eileen talks behind my back, blah blah blah." No, Eileen said it to her face, with witnesses. Not that it will matter if she talks to Vacant Parasite. Their little bubble of delusion is impenetrable. That's why they were both so pissy on the boat. Cold logic and facts are foreign to them. They just cannot compute, and so they throw tantrums.

I'm still dumbfounded that the interaction ended with Eileen apologizing to Kim. Eileen has too much class for this show. And the nicest, most natural head of hair I've ever seen on a housewife. Oh and the outfit she wore to the museum was stunning. She does fabulous day wear.

I can see that Eileen is being held to a different standard here in terms of behavior, mostly because she appears to be so far ahead of the two trianwrecks in terms of decorum, class, accomplishments, etc. Heck, she's even above Kyle and Lisa R. in those respects. But to suggest that Eileen owed Kim or VP anything in any way is total crap. I get very weary of the excuse that certain people are unstable, loose cannons, badly behaved, and so we just have to tolerate their behavior, but heaven forbid one of the "sane" members of the group publicly takes a stand. There's that double standard VP invokes so frequently.

Oh, and VP is lucky LVP isn't my mother. She'd be in a hospital, not reading a tweet. I have Lisa R. switch. You go after one of my family members, you'll feel my wrath.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 10

I believe it was done until Brandi stirred Kim up by giving her half the story of her conversation with LisaR just before they boarded a plane. Kim was radiating animosity, and Lisar wanted to know why it was being directed at her. That, IMO, is what stirred it up again on camera. And then there was Yolanda asking the women to share something personal in the name of supporting each other after they had already had that ugly confrontation on the plane.

But Lisa R WAS talking about Kim. I don't get why that conversation is so misconstrued. Lisa R HAD been talking about Kim to multiple people so I don't get why when Kim found out Kim shouldn't have been upset about it. Regardless about how the information came to light it was TRUE that Lisa R was engaging in all these discussions with different people about Kim. That part isn't wrong and Lisa R WAS being inappropriate with the degree in which she was discussing matter. She kept highlighting the addict aspect. Speaking and questioning and doubting her sobriety and honestly I felt she did it in an invasive way. With or without Brandi's influence. Lisa R chose to use the information she received in a not so good way. Point. Blank. Period.

• Love 3

Kim lost any right to a "private" confrontation when she cursed at Eileen and called her a beast in the restaurant, in a group setting.

standard VP invokes so frequently.

Oh, and VP is lucky LVP isn't my mother. She'd be in a hospital, not reading a tweet. I have Lisa R. switch. You go after one of my family members, you'll feel my wrath.

Wasn't that because Eileen decided to incorporate herself in someone else's public confrontation in order to open that window so she could finally lash out about all the things that were not cool with her about Kim? Plus it's not just about Kim. It's about being so rude that you have to put YOUR grievance ahead of the host who wants to have a nice dinner. Lisa V who wanted to enjoy an evening without conflict and whoever else was more than willing to have a nice night without having someone's butt hurt feelings hijack the dinner. That's just my opinion.

But Lisa R WAS talking about Kim. I don't get why that conversation is so misconstrued. Lisa R HAD been talking about Kim to multiple people so I don't get why when Kim found out Kim shouldn't have been upset about it. Regardless about how the information came to light it was TRUE that Lisa R was engaging in all these discussions with different people about Kim. That part isn't wrong and Lisa R WAS being inappropriate with the degree in which she was discussing matter. She kept highlighting the addict aspect. Speaking and questioning and doubting her sobriety and honestly I felt she did it in an invasive way. With or without Brandi's influence. Lisa R chose to use the information she received in a not so good way. Point. Blank. Period.

But it isn't a Point. Blank. Period.That is your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I didn't see it that way. Lisa R wasn't malicious in my opinion just concerned and she went to the people she felt shared her concern to discuss what they should do if anything. Brandi in fact made Lisa R feel like her concerns for Kim were valid and in my opinion made it seem as if Kim was actually in dire need of help.

• Love 7

Wasn't that because Eileen decided to incorporate herself in someone else's public confrontation in order to open that window so she could finally lash out about all the things that were not cool with her about Kim? Plus it's not just about Kim. It's about being so rude that you have to put YOUR grievance ahead of the host who wants to have a nice dinner. Lisa V who wanted to enjoy an evening without conflict and whoever else was more than willing to have a nice night without having someone's butt hurt feelings hijack the dinner. That's just my opinion.

Eileen didn't incorporate herself into a conversation any more than anyone else at the table did. She simply said that what Kim said was not called for, a sentiment that everyone expressed. She didn't list any issues she had with Kim. After Kim told her to shut the fuck up, she simply asked why she had a problem with her as she had never done anything to her. Lisa V also expressed that Kim was hitting below the belt and even said that Kyle defends and protects Kim all the time, does that mean that she was also inserting herself into a conflict and hijacking the dinner?

• Love 12

I'm of the opinion that Kim would be hostile in a confrontation off camera, on camera, one on one, group style, intervention style with a licensed person moderating the discussion--I can't see Kim not reacting badly whatever the scenario if it's her issues that are going to be the focus. It's just the way she is IMO. She couldn't have been much more dismissive during that lunch with Eileen and Kyle not to mention exceptionally resentful. 

At the same time we know for a fact that Kim doesn't find it offensive to have an on camera confrontation with other women about their issues. Kim is a raging hypocrite when it comes to this shit. 

I'm not worried about Kim's reactions its just the way to go about things. It's funny how decorum and appropriateness seems to be weighed against some "Kim's behaviors" scale. It's not just about Kim how she's going to react what she's going to do. It's about how they ALL should behave and handle certain situations. The Kim and LisaR one on one had plenty to snark on and was on camera and didn't really do Kim any favors but at least both women were focusing on each other having a conversation. Lisa R couldn't maneuver through it as productively to get an end result she wanted but nonetheless it was rather interesting. We were given something juicy to see and snark on so I don't get this need for the group confrontations. Creating an all around awkward vibe in order get your beef out while disregarding those around you that have no real dog in the fight is just selfish. Even if though there are what some may concern "worse" people at that table doesn't mean the Eileens behavior wasn't also low brow.

• Love 1

I'm not worried about Kim's reactions its just the way to go about things. It's funny how decorum and appropriateness seems to be weighed against some "Kim's behaviors" scale. It's not just about Kim how she's going to react what she's going to do. It's about how they ALL should behave and handle certain situations. The Kim and LisaR one on one had plenty to snark on and was on camera and didn't really do Kim any favors but at least both women were focusing on each other having a conversation. Lisa R couldn't maneuver through it as productively to get an end result she wanted but nonetheless it was rather interesting. We were given something juicy to see and snark on so I don't get this need for the group confrontations. Creating an all around awkward vibe in order get your beef out while disregarding those around you that have no real dog in the fight is just selfish. Even if though there are what some may concern "worse" people at that table doesn't mean the Eileens behavior wasn't also low brow.

So, Yolanda never should have brought up Bella's DUI or asked the women to share something personal and all of this would have been avoided.

• Love 5

Yolanda was the one who opened up the discussion for the women to talk about these sorts of issues.  Yolanda specifically said that some women feel like they have to "hide" when it comes to the issues in their life and IMO it couldn't have been more obvious that she was referencing Kim there and that this is likely part of the group intervention that was discussed by Brandi and LisaR. Yolanda was totally fine with bringing heavy personal issues to the dinner table so I disagree that she perceived it as rude of Eileen in that moment to tell Kim that she thinks she's been out of line multiple times this year since they've been filming. Yolanda had words for Kim about how she was expressing herself not Eileen. Eileen didn't do anything wrong by telling Kim the truth about herself IMO. Kim on the other hand was offensive on every level when she spoke to Eileen. The way she insulted her intelligence by insinuating that Eileen was somehow "confused" was basically a verbal slap in the face as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 3

The only person Lisar talked to about it that wasn't there that night was LvP and Brandi would have no way of knowing that Lisar had talked to her.  Kim knew that LvP knew because LvP offered her support at Eileen's.  So this big idea that all of a sudden Kim was the center of conversation was greatly amped up by Brandi.  They were trying to make Kim feel better and acknowledge Monty and her other issues.  Kim just felt they should be supporting only her struggles with Monty.  The problem was it was Kim's breach in sobriety that caused the ruckus on Poker Night-or at least that was Kim's excuse.  Brandi had no idea who was or wasn't talking about Kim and her sobriety because for the most part she was on the outs with all but Lisar.  So for her to claim so knowledge to further upset Kim was wrong.

Addiction requires tough talk maybe Lisar subscribes to that theory.  Just because Kim keeps making threats and speaks horribly to people who question her sobriety (which she has admitted to breaching) doesn't mean everyone is out of line who questions it.  Sometimes the truth is painful.  Kim's problem is instead of THANKING people for their concern she wants to do battle with them for expressing their concern.  She brought up her sobriety they didn't.  It was Kim that went below the belt with Lisar and Eileen and Kyle.   Lisar didn't attack Kim verbally she aksed and then insisted that Kim stop talking about her husband.  And yes Lisar had no business throwing water or glasses.

• Love 5

All I'm looking for is less slapping, glass throwing, weave pulling.  I like a little confrontation as long as it's not nit-picky crap.

It's stupid when people can't have a few laughs and some grown up civil discourse.  Discussions to share ideas about ethics and morals - where people might learn to understand others' circumstances, even if they don't agree..  But never fail, some slag or two always comes looking for a fight.  ZZzzzzzzzZzzz.  Ruins it for everybody.  Poor Amsterdam.

I suspect in Brandi's case it's because she's paid to do so but also, because she personally needs the attention. That's the main reason I suspect anyone acts like that, IRL or on reality TV.  They're looking for attention.  The other Hos shouldn't give it to her.

• Love 2

And because it cannot be said enough, Kim is the gal who felt concern and a moral obligation to confront Taylor on camera about what Kim thought was a problem with alcohol.  Taylor had never admitted to an alcohol problem. Yes, we had seen her drunk and in trouble, but she hadn't talked about having any issues at that point. It was brought front and center by Kim. Taylor didn't like it, and said so in her blog and at the reunion. Kim defended herself in her blog because she said she felt like she couldn't just sit back and say nothing. Brandi should address that in her next hypocrisy blog. 

• Love 11

So, Yolanda never should have brought up Bella's DUI or asked the women to share something personal and all of this would have been avoided.

Yolanda's request wasn't directed at Kim. Lisa R turned her sharing moment and directed it at Kim and her issues. I take issue with the HW's that specifically direct their "sentiments" towards a path that all reasonable thought would clearly dictate that it is a bad idea. Same with Eileen's direction and intent. I find organic disasters less offensive than messes that are dove into full force with specific intent. I just feel like Eileen just spoiled that dinner for no good reason. She had reason to get her issues off her chest with Kim but THAT wasn't a good reason to spoil dinner.

And because it cannot be said enough, Kim is the gal who felt concern and a moral obligation to confront Taylor on camera about what Kim thought was a problem with alcohol.  Taylor had never admitted to an alcohol problem. Yes, we had seen her drunk and in trouble, but she hadn't talked about having any issues at that point. It was brought front and center by Kim. Taylor didn't like it, and said so in her blog and at the reunion. Kim defended herself in her blog because she said she felt like she couldn't just sit back and say nothing. Brandi should address that in her next hypocrisy blog. 

And how many times did Kim address and talk to/about Taylor, harass Taylor, confront Taylor about that particular concern throughout the season?

Which scene are you referring to regarding Eileen's behavior was low brow? 

• Love 5

Yolanda's request wasn't directed at Kim. Lisa R turned her sharing moment and directed it at Kim and her issues. I take issue with the HW's that specifically direct their "sentiments" towards a path that all reasonable thought would clearly dictate that it is a bad idea. Same with Eileen's direction and intent. I find organic disasters less offensive than messes that are dove into full force with specific intent.

And how many times did Kim address and talk to/about Taylor, harass Taylor, confront Taylor about her about that particular concern throughout the season?

Well, lets see, Kim confronts (using something she, Kim, knows is a lie) Taylor, who starts to defend herself but stops, listens and thanks Kim for her concern and moves on. Now, compare that to Kim's reactions at Eileen's house, "blah, blah, blah" eye roll! Taylor reacted as an adult, Kim reacted as an addict. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 12

Yolanda's request wasn't directed at Kim. Lisa R turned her sharing moment and directed it at Kim and her issues. I take issue with the HW's that specifically direct their "sentiments" towards a path that all reasonable thought would clearly dictate that it is a bad idea. Same with Eileen's direction and intent. I find organic disasters less offensive than messes that are dove into full force with specific intent. I just feel like Eileen just spoiled that dinner for no good reason. She had reason to get her issues off her chest with Kim but THAT wasn't a good reason to spoil dinner.

And how many times did Kim address and talk to/about Taylor, harass Taylor, confront Taylor about her about that particular concern throughout the season?

This is where we will have to agree to disagree. I do think that Yolanda, having had Brandi in her ear this whole time, was using Bella's DUI to both find out if any of the women were talking about it and address the issues that Kim had - whether it was about needing support because of Monty or needing support in her sobriety. It dovetailed way too smoothly with Brandi's suggestion of a group intervention for all of the women so that Kim wouldn't feel singled out for me to ever believe that wasn't part of her motive.

Since LisaR wouldn't stage a group intervention at Brandi's request, Yolanda took up the cause.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 4

Well, since Taylor didn't respond like a total nutcase, throwing out things about Kim and her family, but just thanked her, let her know she had a handle on it, that was pretty much the end of it.  The thing is, Kim felt like it was her place to not just be concerned, but to take that concern to the cameras. 

• Love 8

Yolanda specifically referenced women trying to "hide" their issues. Who else at that table was trying to hide their issues with regard to the subject matter that Yolanda was talking about? To me it's plain as day that she was bringing this up because this was the talked about group intervention that Brandi had suggested to LisaR and the entire reason it was brought up in conversation between LisaR and Brandi is because of Brandi and Kim's behavior both together and apart. 

Not only did Kim repeatedly talk about Taylor's issues on camera but she basically made it seem like she thought that Taylor was being an irresponsible mother to Kennedy. Kim wants to tie Lisa's comments about her relapse to her children and use that as an excuse for why LisaR, Eileen, and anyone else shouldn't be allowed to talk about her so called sobriety. Kim didn't care about whether or not her comments both on the show and in her blog would be hurtful to Kennedy. 

The worst thing is I bet that Kim's hypocrisy won't even get addressed at the reunion. Ugh, it annoys me how babied Kim is during the reunions. Brandi too for that matter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the other women really lay into them both. I want rivers of tears from both of these horrible creatures. 

I also don't think that Yolanda the host felt that Eileen was at all responsible for ruining that dinner. Talk about putting blame where it doesn't belong IMO. Kim ruined that dinner along with LisaR. Thankfully at least Yolanda told Kim that Kim's behavior was out of line. Kim for her part of course couldn't even remember how many people she was arguing with when she tried to defend her actions to Yolanda. At least LisaR recognized that she fucking lost it and that her behavior was wrong. Kim can't admit to doing one thing wrong because she honestly and stupidly thinks that she's blameless in this situation. Also, contrast Kim's cruel sarcasm and defiance right after most everyone else was gone from the table with the tears and heavy emotion coming from the other side (where they're still trying to understand where Kim's coming from btw) and to me it's obvious who the insensitive troublemakers in the group are.  

• Love 6

I don't agree with physical encounters such as the slap, but I will comment that it is pretty redundant, I think, to point out how things should be done privately. Yes, in the real world, it should be done that way. On reality television, no.   It only makes sense that these women should just go with the flow and have fun and put the nonsense away, but how much of that is within their power and how much of that is Bravo?  What ends up happening is, you have women whose reactions no one can predict because of outside influences. With Kim and Brandi, their behavior alone is unstable. Throw in whatever TPTB are telling them, and it can be pretty intense, as we have seen.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

The way I see it, the entire episode was transparent, especially the dinner conversation.  Since we know by now that every dinner, tea, or cocktail time results in a fight, I feel strongly that Yolanda was given the direction by a producer or someone to open the conversation with the "personal" angle.  That was the opener for the entire fight.

I can't help but see Kim and Lisa R. as being responsible for the violence.  We've seen Kim gossip behind backs any number of times, and Lisa R. (even though she swears she believes nothing she hasn't seen with her own two eyes) found some kind of way to transmit the gossip on to Kim -- as if Kim wouldn't go ballistic over it.  I could be wrong, and if I am, I hope it comes out in the reunion. 

At the reunion, I hope that Brandi has enough against her for Bravo to fire her.  I also hope that Kim goes.  Lisa R will certainly take some bruising for her violence unless Andy gives her a complete and shameful pass on it.  If they can focus the show on violence, they can at least make it all clear to the viewers who see it.  Finally, I hope they fire a few writers or producers who came up with this hoax of a show in the first place!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

So that's justification to keep this conflict filled ball rolling from event to event? Not getting the response you want? Ruin all engagements by trying to get the answer and response that gives a warm fuzzy? Waste of time and energy and not just one persisting but everyone elses as well which is what I find to be a big problem as well.

I was responding to your comment "And how many times did Kim address and talk to/about Taylor, harass Taylor, confront Taylor about her about that particular concern throughout the season?" Kim's entire premise for the Taylor "intervention" was based on a lie and a lie she was well aware of. So maybe had LisaR, and Eileen gone at Kim they way Kim did Taylor, which they did not, they were much kinder, less aggressive and less accusatory than Kim was by a long shot, this whole story line would be done and over with. Maybe had Kim admitted to her relapse, like Taylor admitted to drinking too much in her "intervention", this would now be a mote point but Kim denied, denied, denied and never, ever, even admitted to her ugly behavior. And once again, LisaR/Eileen/Kyle did not bring up Kim's relapse to her again after the reading at Eileen's house, the 2 other times it happened after that day, Kim was the one that brought it up.

• Love 3

. Maybe had Kim admitted to her relapse, like Taylor admitted to drinking too much in her "intervention", this would now be a mote point

But she didn't and it caused the others to go into tailspins and ruin their own good times. Makes no sense to me.