Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I love how Jill does something twice and suddenly it’s a tradition. Yay for Heidi and Ellen for redirecting the Rods singing to rehearsal dinner. Hopefully Heidi will deal with Jillpm on Heidi’s terms and boundaries. Was Sammers gal at the wedding? 

• Like 15
26 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I think she was spotted decorating the newlyweds' car with shoe polish on the windows (I'm not kidding).

You'd think Brianne would have outgrown stuff like that. What is with this woman?

Did anyone notice that two of the three tiers of the wedding cake were dark green? I hope there was no bride-groom cake-smashing-in-the-face during the reception. Food coloring is dye, and there were probably some guests walking around with green mouths at the end of the party. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Rehearsal Dinner.  😊 We had it catered by an AMAZING local, Italian Restaurant.   The food was delicious!  We were so glad to have a part in honoring Timothy and Heidi in this way! ❤️ Our prayer is that God was /is glorified through it all!  🙏🙏

Timothy Rodrigues

#rehearsaldinner 
#thenightbeforewedding 
#gloriousnight 
#maygodbemagnified

IMG_7901.jpeg

Again, Jill demonstrates that she has absolutely no idea what hashtags are for! 😆😆😆

23 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

My first thought is....then don't make your posts public. If I post family wedding pics, baby pics, or whatever, my social media accounts are locked and only my "friends" can see them. 

IKR????? This can’t be said enough times!!

• Like 9
22 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

First off, Philip looks like a freaking BOBBLEHEAD in that pic!

Second, I agree that he is somewhere he could not leave from.  Whether it’s a mental health facility or a deprogramming/reprogramming program, I don’t know.  With the emphasis these people put on weddings and finding a mate there, I would think Phillip would have been there front and center (as he is of hitchin’ age).  I do hope Philip is safe.  

It’s extremely difficult to get more than a 72 hour legal mental health hold on someone, so if he’s being held somewhere against his will, that’s kidnapping 🤬.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, AstridM said:

It’s extremely difficult to get more than a 72 hour legal mental health hold on someone, so if he’s being held somewhere against his will, that’s kidnapping 🤬.

If he was sectioned, it doesn't mean Phil asked to leave after the hold. He could be happily and safely preaching while they work on his treatment plan.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

They may of sent him to Jesus Jail somewhere to deprogram.  Legality may not be an issue --I'm sure they have a way around that.  The program Josh was sent to was for sexual misconduct but I would guess there are programs for getting back into the fold.  If it is truly a mental issue, I doubt he will be getting any true medical/professional help.  It will be a "like-minded" program.  Poor kid.

• Sad 12
(edited)
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If he was sectioned, it doesn't mean Phil asked to leave after the hold. He could be happily and safely preaching while they work on his treatment plan.

Who would pay for his treatment in such a case?

6 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

They may of sent him to Jesus Jail somewhere to deprogram.  Legality may not be an issue --I'm sure they have a way around that.  The program Josh was sent to was for sexual misconduct but I would guess there are programs for getting back into the fold.  If it is truly a mental issue, I doubt he will be getting any true medical/professional help.  It will be a "like-minded" program.  Poor kid.

Yes, but Josh fully consented to treatment, IIRC. He was not being held against his will and he was free to leave at any time.  It’s not clear that Phillip has consented, imho. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

And you just know Jill would have done the full family intro, "fun facts" and all. Wonder what Renee would have said while "introducing" Phillip.

Because the perfect time to introduce a ginormous raggedy family and include everyone's name, date of birth, favorite animal, food, Bible verse and color, and what they want to be when they grow up a random "fun fact" is at your future daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner....because it's not really about her, it's about the groom's mother.  I think that's a tradition.

2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I think she was spotted decorating the newlyweds' car with shoe polish on the windows (I'm not kidding).

Might I ask why one would do that?  Wouldn't that make the windows impossible to see out of?  Or was she just scrawling "I LOVE SAMMERS" all over it?

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Might I ask why one would do that?  Wouldn't that make the windows impossible to see out of? 

Because some people find property destruction HILARIOUS.   Decorating the car with removable signs and easily removable foam?   Sure, go for it.    Shoe polish on the windows DOES NOT COME OFF.   So its just malicious at that point.  But have you noticed, all their fun seems to be humilating/harmful in some way?

• Like 13
  • Angry 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Phillip posted a video to his linkedin a few weeks ago. He was building and staining a bench outside near a few small buildings.  

He had access to a phone to take the video, he told about building and staining the bench, and he posted it. No one else is seen or heard in the video.

Jill claims a pastor has taken Phillip "under his wing". Possibly it is some baptist rehab place, or maybe Phillip was unready or unwilling to be with the whole family again at this point.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
55 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I will never believe Jill paid for the rehearsal dinner. It’s a me thing. 

They still sang aka annoyed every one. Wonder if they passed a hat around for donations? 

I'm with you, @oliviabenson - no way Jill & Dave spent money feeding others. "We" is a broad term to Jill, IMO. "We" could mean that Tim or her parents paid or it could mean that the Coveretts covered the whole meal. I'm just glad the Rodlets were well fed for once!

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is the only picture I’ve seen, it looks like a marker to me. Is there another picture with shoe polish?

IMG_7902.jpeg

She was also in the video of Tim and Heidi leaving the venue. She was standing VERY close to Samuel

• LOL 4
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is the only picture I’ve seen, it looks like a marker to me. Is there another picture with shoe polish?

IMG_7902.jpeg

You can buy markers especially for car windows.   It’s common here to see special messages on windows for high school sports etc - and for just married  too.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Who would pay for his treatment in such a case?

Yes, but Josh fully consented to treatment, IIRC. He was not being held against his will and he was free to leave at any time.  It’s not clear that Phillip has consented, imho. 

If he doesn't have health insurance, it is quite frankly, easier to get him admitted to a mental health facility after a 3 day hold.  Check your own insurance plan; it probably requires pre-certification for inpatient treatment and, in my experience, there is a 100% rejection rate when insurance plans are asked to pre-cert a mental health hospitalization.  I knew a woman who did pre-certifications for a major insurance companies, she didn't do mental health inpatient, but I asked her to check around.  She told me that the insurance company instructed that ALL inpatient requests for mental health coverage be denied.  Every single one.  The hospital/psychiatrist could appeal that decision and the case would then be reviewed by a psychiatrist employed by the insurance company who would then reject 90% of the appeals. Almost no one with regular health insurance is able to get their insurance company to pay for inpatient treatment which is a travesty, but also a fact.

If Phillip had a 3 day hold, this is done by medical personnel, usually ER practitioners, who see someone there who is clearly needing mental health care to protect themselves and others.  Once signed, it is a legal document and the state picks up the cost for those 3 days if the patient is uninsured just as prisoners don't pay for their upkeep in jail.  At the end of the 72 hours, the patient must either voluntarily agree to stay longer if that is what the doctors recommend or the doctors can take them to court and argue for a longer stay.

If the stay is court ordered, it is on the state's tab.  Meanwhile, social services at the hospital will be working hard to get the patient on Medicaid or Medicare if they're eligible.

All medical facilities that receive any government funding are required by law to provide care to some patients who are indigent and unable to pay.  So, if the patient does not have insurance and doesn't qualify for government funded care; the hospital eats the bill if the patient is clearly never going to be able to pay.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
23 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

She was also in the video of Tim and Heidi leaving the venue. She was standing VERY close to Samuel

I saw that. The lighting was terrible, so the screenshot sucks.

IMG_7903.jpeg

• Mind Blown 4
  • Thanks 3
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They would get him on state insurance, if he's not already on it.

Thank you. That would apply only to legitimate mental health care, I assume. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

You can buy markers especially for car windows.   It’s common here to see special messages on windows for high school sports etc - and for just married  too.  

Right, so where is the shoe polish? 🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Notabug said:

If he doesn't have health insurance, it is quite frankly, easier to get him admitted to a mental health facility after a 3 day hold.  Check your own insurance plan; it probably requires pre-certification for inpatient treatment and, in my experience, there is a 100% rejection rate when insurance plans are asked to pre-cert a mental health hospitalization.  I knew a woman who did pre-certifications for a major insurance companies, she didn't do mental health inpatient, but I asked her to check around.  She told me that the insurance company instructed that ALL inpatient requests for mental health coverage be denied.  Every single one.  The hospital/psychiatrist could appeal that decision and the case would then be reviewed by a psychiatrist employed by the insurance company who would then reject 90% of the appeals. Almost no one with regular health insurance is able to get their insurance company to pay for inpatient treatment which is a travesty, but also a fact.

If Phillip had a 3 day hold, this is done by medical personnel, usually ER practitioners, who see someone there who is clearly needing mental health care to protect themselves and others.  Once signed, it is a legal document and the state picks up the cost for those 3 days if the patient is uninsured just as prisoners don't pay for their upkeep in jail.  At the end of the 72 hours, the patient must either voluntarily agree to stay longer if that is what the doctors recommend or the doctors can take them to court and argue for a longer stay.

If the stay is court ordered, it is on the state's tab.  Meanwhile, social services at the hospital will be working hard to get the patient on Medicaid or Medicare if they're eligible.

All medical facilities that receive any government funding are required by law to provide care to some patients who are indigent and unable to pay.  So, if the patient does not have insurance and doesn't qualify for government funded care; the hospital eats the bill if the patient is clearly never going to be able to pay.

Yeah, I actually used to work doing those mental health pre-certifications for United Behavioral Health, and I could generally only certify ONE night, then the next day they would have to call again and talk to a higher up for any further days’ authorization. They rarely authorized more than a few days at a time. 

Brigot’s dress looks to be over the top, as usual. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I saw that. The lighting was terrible, so the screenshot sucks.

IMG_7903.jpeg

This looks like a still shot from a horror movie by Stephen King.

Is she supposed to be pressed up on him like that?  Whatever happened to modesty?  Does Mahmo approve?

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Thank you. That would apply only to legitimate mental health care, I assume. 

Of course.  Church based programs like the one Josh was sent to have no interest in dealing with insurance companies and do not discount their services for anyone.  It's cash on the barrelhead for them.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Because some people find property destruction HILARIOUS.   Decorating the car with removable signs and easily removable foam?   Sure, go for it.    Shoe polish on the windows DOES NOT COME OFF.   So its just malicious at that point.  But have you noticed, all their fun seems to be humilating/harmful in some way?

Didn't someone involved in a Duggar wedding hide their car, or bring another old car because they didn't want their good car "decorated"?  There is a strong history of "funny" decorating cars with this group. Ha Ha.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Around here there's no way to go straight to inpatient for mental health care. One has to be referred by a lower level of care or sectioned by the police or a mental health provider.

Also around here we typically can get a patient insured within 24 to 48 hours if they're uninsured.

But anyway, it sounds like Phillip is staying with someone who is at least keeping him busy. If Phil is going to keep posting, he really should make an FB account. His LinkedIn posts are not doing him any favors.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Phillip posted a video to his linkedin a few weeks ago. He was building and staining a bench outside near a few small buildings.  

He had access to a phone to take the video, he told about building and staining the bench, and he posted it. No one else is seen or heard in the video.

Jill claims a pastor has taken Phillip "under his wing". Possibly it is some baptist rehab place, or maybe Phillip was unready or unwilling to be with the whole family again at this point.

The bench video was done last fall at Massillon College. The building in the background was IDed. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 8
On 9/17/2024 at 1:36 PM, emma675 said:

There looked to be a significant amount of fairly healthy food, so I'm guessing the Rods had nothing to do with organizing it. 🤣

Wondering how much of it went in Jill's purse.

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Because the perfect time to introduce a ginormous raggedy family and include everyone's name, date of birth, favorite animal, food, Bible verse and color, and what they want to be when they grow up a random "fun fact" is at your future daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner....because it's not really about her, it's about the groom's mother.  I think that's a tradition.

Might I ask why one would do that?  Wouldn't that make the windows impossible to see out of?  Or was she just scrawling "I LOVE SAMMERS" all over it?

I totally see Bri scrawling MRS SAMUEL RODRIGUES everywhere.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Someone noticed that Sam is wearing a ring. They think it’s a promise ring or something.

Bri might try to get knocked up so Sam would marry her. I don’t see Sam turning down a wedding with Bri. He’s finally old enough to get a special friend. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I'm with you, @oliviabenson - no way Jill & Dave spent money feeding others. "We" is a broad term to Jill, IMO. "We" could mean that Tim or her parents paid or it could mean that the Coveretts covered the whole meal. I'm just glad the Rodlets were well fed for once!

By we I think Jill gave $20 toward catering and Tim the groom paid the rest. Noyes grandparents might have contributed something too. I don’t see Jill/David paying the entire bill.

• Like 11
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Josh's program was an addiction program.  There are a majority participating for drugs/alcohol and possibly gambling.  It is, however, voluntary.  Jim Bob was the enforcer making/convincing Josh to stay.  I doubt Jill would ever arrange non-religious anything for her kids.

• Like 6
57 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Josh's program was an addiction program.  There are a majority participating for drugs/alcohol and possibly gambling.  It is, however, voluntary.  Jim Bob was the enforcer making/convincing Josh to stay. 

And the point wasn't as much providing Josh with treatment as it was keeping him safely out of sight while Jim Bob tried to do damage control,

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

New poetry from Phillip, posted to his LinkedIn. 

Screenshot_20240918_171201_Reddit.jpg.fcd2991f053c320ef3a57ded31c5093d.jpg

Was this posted recently? Why is Phillip so focused on soldiers and war and death? This is odd.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Ok, then. "Jeremy flew in our friend's from Florida." Your friend's what, Ellen? Dog? Cat? Next-door neighbor? Microwave oven? 

Whoever said it, it's a second-grade level error. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Oh Jill, context! She posts about the prayers that David did over the newlywed couple. And then the shot of the family singing their favorite song, then comes the picture of the guy straining on the toilet because he is constipated! That doesn’t flow with the newlyweds and the pictures of the buffet. So immediately after this guy ate, he headed right for the toilet and plexus?

• LOL 8

Jill did a live. A few things she said, Philip didn’t attend because he’s part of a wonderful ministry and it wasn’t financially feasible. They are currently traveling, but it’s a “retreat”, with the men doing nightly devotions. 

She spent more time talking about Plexus than she did the wedding or anything else. It’s because of Plexus that she was able to do the rehearsal dinner. She said that David said it was nice being the parents of the groom because it’s not as much work. You just show up and look pretty and handsome. 

I didn’t listen much past the Plexus nonsense which included many health claims, so there may have been more.

She also posted about the first kiss being at the wedding, blah blah blah.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I only made it to the plexus portion of her Live.  That was about 7 minutes in and the entire thing was 25 minutes. In a different Christian denomination, I think Jill would be a junior minister.  She loves to give what I consider sermons.

Regarding the first kiss, why do men think women enjoy being bent over backward?  Have they ever tried to be one trying to stand while doing so? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1