Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Where are they? They look stuffed into a room not much bigger than a phonebooth. 

Maybe Angie's? She's fairly local to the Coveretts. 

Eta just saw Jill's other posted pic, and it looks like they're in the RV. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 6

I have no shame in saying that I've been stalking Jill's FB page since last night.  Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in her.  How dare she do something more than likely asked of her!  We should be more worried about Jill and less happy for Teidi.  It's been a hard 72 hours for her.  Hopefully, it's not her severely injured knee/shoulder/ego!  Or maybe it spread...yikes.

PS-Ellen does look lovely in the photo with Jeremy.  

• Like 10

The ugly gray leggings certainly have a Rod-like quality to them, but that kid looks like she has nice, thick hair.  Seems to me that most of the young Rod girls have thin, scraggly locks.  Maybe Mahmo used some of her old extensions on it.

I like the deep green dresses, the tan suit doesn't provide enough contrast next to Heidi's wedding dress but it does appear to fit Tim fairly well.  I need closer photos with better lighting so I can get judgy with the wedding dress.

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

The ugly gray leggings certainly have a Rod-like quality to them, but that kid looks like she has nice, thick hair.  Seems to me that most of the young Rod girls have thin, scraggly locks.  Maybe Mahmo used some of her old extensions on it.

From the hair color that rod girl would be Sadie. Sadie's grift tour "fun fact" is "i look the most like my mama" or "I look just like my mama" so ratty extensions matching mama's seems like something Jill would do to the child. ☹️

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

Ellen has posted rehearsal pics.

Groomsmen include Sam, Gabe and Nathan, 2 unknown guys. best man one of the rod cousins maybe, Heidi's brothers and another younger guy. No Phillip or Jonathan.

Bridesmaids have no rod family.

From the pics Timothy did sing to his bride

pics of rehearsal audience show Tim and Pat, Amy and Kevin, Lisa and Nurie among others.

459757030_8068113363300018_4553639750288853464_n.thumb.jpg.102ebc4a5e16baaadaf1b6cc0b567bd0.jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 8
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Why was Jill barefoot? And as usual she is trying to look slim with that ridiculous teacup pose. 

That is strange, but I thought it was odd that in the picture of the bridesmaids group last week, one of them was barefoot.  I would at least put on shoes for a picture, but I am not a Rod or part of their group.

• Like 6

Tim is bow legged like his daddy. I like the green dresses a lot. 

Baby sister of Heidi looks so pretty! Rod girls never look that clean/put together. Always ratty hair and dressed like homeless refugees.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 11
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7886.jpeg

IMG_7887.jpeg

Aw, Heidi and the bridesmaids look pretty. Modest without being frumpy or performative (take notes, Jill).

I don't understand why Tim and the groomsman are all wearing different shades of tan. It's very mismatched. 

• Like 10

They look so happy.  I wonder if Tim practiced his dancing before the wedding.  I am quite sure this is not a skill he learned at home.  Dancing, real food, nice clothing, nice venue.  Definitely several steps up from previous Rod weddings.

• Like 16

I think everyone looked very nice. Her dress seemed to be perfect for her. Tim actually didn't look so frumpy, like half the Duggar boys did. I wish them nothing but happiness and that Tim can move on from his upbringing a bit.

I just had a thought, Heidi could be with child by now. Guess we'll find out in a month or so. Maybe her mom has taught her that she doesn't need to have a baby right away...probably not though.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Why was Jill barefoot? And as usual she is trying to look slim with that ridiculous teacup pose. 

It didn't work especially standing next to someone who is thinner than she is.

Generally I like the wedding dress. I like the design of the top especially with the detail and sparkles.  I'm unsure about the scarf, too.  

• Like 8
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

At first glance Heidi's dress is lovely. But what is the 'shoulder/back scarf' thing? And why?

The embroidery/beadwork looks very pretty but I agree, the Superman cape is not a good look. Overall, she looks lovely, very bridal.

I think the guys are all wearing different shades of tan because they didn't rent their outfits, they just went with stuff they already owned.  Tux rental is very expensive, not a bad idea to save some money there.

• Like 9

Ellen posted 70+ pics and not one of Jill.

I will guess that was the deal that was struck. If I can't post pictures, you can't post pictures of me.

Renee is shown in the bouquet toss video from the back wearing a tan dress. Sadie, Sofia and Janessa are shown slightly in the exiting the venue video. All wearing white of course

Jill has her arm around Sofia's shoulder/neck and I will guess it was Tessie or Hannah shown next to Jill with a phone out taking pictures or video.

Someone asked Jill if she would be posting pics of the wedding. Jill responded  "Probably, we'll see 🤷‍♀️"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8

The "scarf thing" looks like a capelet.   Might be original to the dress, which causes more flow down the back even without a long veil.   Might be added later because the back was lower cut than Heidi wanted.   If it is a later addition, as modesty additions go, this was actually pretty good.   It blends with the overall dress and doesn't look like it was added to proclaim how mahdest she is.  

DYING at the thought of no Jill pictures.   She must be LIVID that "her" child got married and she wasn't the center of attention.   What did they do, detail a bodyguard to sit on her whenever she tried to take over?  Someone wrestled the phone out of her hand whenever she tried to take a picture?

• Like 11
  • LOL 6
21 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I think everyone looked very nice. Her dress seemed to be perfect for her. Tim actually didn't look so frumpy, like half the Duggar boys did. I wish them nothing but happiness and that Tim can move on from his upbringing a bit.

I just had a thought, Heidi could be with child by now. Guess we'll find out in a month or so. Maybe her mom has taught her that she doesn't need to have a baby right away...probably not though.

Misread and thought, She is with child. He's her husband. 

Tim still weirds me out. He still reminds me of Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys. But I hope he is happy with Heidi and stays as far away as possible from his batshit-crazy mother. I also hope that he and Heidi don't have a ton of children to add to the fertility cult. 

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The "scarf thing" looks like a capelet.   Might be original to the dress, which causes more flow down the back even without a long veil.   Might be added later because the back was lower cut than Heidi wanted.   If it is a later addition, as modesty additions go, this was actually pretty good.   It blends with the overall dress and doesn't look like it was added to proclaim how mahdest she is.  

DYING at the thought of no Jill pictures.   She must be LIVID that "her" child got married and she wasn't the center of attention.   What did they do, detail a bodyguard to sit on her whenever she tried to take over?  Someone wrestled the phone out of her hand whenever she tried to take a picture?

I think Jill received a VERY serious lecture from the pastor of her church.  And Dave was instructed in no uncertain words to keep her under control.  I can't see her "obeying" just Dave, but I think they either have to follow the rules set by their church or leave.  And I don't think there many, if any, exceptions.  I don't know what that means for her "business", however.

• Like 5
On 9/14/2024 at 8:12 AM, Notabug said:

I sort of have a soft spot for Tim what with his delusional missionary pilot dreams and his aborted attempt to find a life of his own in Wisconsin.  I'm hoping the marriage and Heidi's family can help him take at least a baby step towards a better life.

I go back and forth with feeling bad for Tim. I mean, he didn't stand a chance since birth. Then really didn't stand a chance, when his fucked up mother decided to tell the world what a horrible kid he was. I always say, kids don't get to pick their parents and he really lost the battle with that.

21 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Tim still weirds me out. He still reminds me of Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys. But I hope he is happy with Heidi and stays as far away as possible from his batshit-crazy mother. I also hope that he and Heidi don't have a ton of children to add to the fertility cult. 

This is where I flip from what I said above. I can't get the creepy video he did about what he expects from a woman and how she will never wear pants. Also when he posted how he AND Heidi agreed she would always wear dresses, unless she's involved with somethine where pants may be better. HE shouldn't get that say and it just gave me the creeps. Then, I flip back again and blame his mother(and father, who clearly doesn't parent either)and wonder how he would be with a different upbringing,. Even a different religious upbringing, where the rules aren't so strict.

I'm hoping that being around Heidi's family more and more, he will come to realize more and more each day, what a bat-shit crazy(you nailed it on the head) mother he really does have.

• Like 18
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7886.jpeg

IMG_7887.jpeg

Heidi's dress bodice looks like a couple of bodices put together, plus added cape for "modesty" purposes. Looks like the dress may have originally had a sweetheart neckline and spaghetti straps, but the straps were nixed for a higher neckline and cap sleeves. And then someone said "Oh, I want a medieval look!" and slapped on some sort of oversleeves. . .

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Heidi's dress bodice looks like a couple of bodices put together, plus added cape for "modesty" purposes. Looks like the dress may have originally had a sweetheart neckline and spaghetti straps, but the straps were nixed for a higher neckline and cap sleeves. And then someone said "Oh, I want a medieval look!" and slapped on some sort of oversleeves. . .

It's got a bit of a Snow White vibe.

• Like 10
42 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I go back and forth with feeling bad for Tim. I mean, he didn't stand a chance since birth. Then really didn't stand a chance, when his fucked up mother decided to tell the world what a horrible kid he was. I always say, kids don't get to pick their parents and he really lost the battle with that.

This is where I flip from what I said above. I can't get the creepy video he did about what he expects from a woman and how she will never wear pants. Also when he posted how he AND Heidi agreed she would always wear dresses, unless she's involved with somethine where pants may be better. HE shouldn't get that say and it just gave me the creeps. Then, I flip back again and blame his mother(and father, who clearly doesn't parent either)and wonder how he would be with a different upbringing,. Even a different religious upbringing, where the rules aren't so strict.

I'm hoping that being around Heidi's family more and more, he will come to realize more and more each day, what a bat-shit crazy(you nailed it on the head) mother he really does have.

I feel that that video was more of a "protection" for him.  Maybe had done something "wrong" or expressed his own ideas and that video was a penance to Jill.  It's hard to tell, but he seems comfortable around his in-laws.

• Like 5