Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I was reading an article and then it hit me. Sofia and Princess Charlotte are the same age. I realize its kind of like comparing apples and oranges, but the contrast still hit me hard.

Nature, nurture, socioeconomic status...

Who would we all be if we all began life at the same starting line?

• Like 20
  • Love 4
(edited)

Screeching and a room full of people is how “the Keller brothers” met their sister. The screenshot from the video sucks, but it’s Sam and his girlfriend ( I think?)  in the background .

IMG_7323.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

How often is "Watermelon" washed? And did they rip Sofia's lovey from her cold turkey while she watches Janessa get comfort from hers?

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How often is "Watermelon" washed? And did they rip Sofia's lovey from her cold turkey while she watches Janessa get comfort from hers?

Another of my crappy screenshots, but is this Sofia? This is from the video of the boys meeting their sister.

IMG_7326.jpeg

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Another of my crappy screenshots, but is this Sofia? This is from the video of the boys meeting their sister.

IMG_7326.jpeg

That is her. How often do we see these kids self soothe?

• Sad 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7321.jpeg

Jill, how much joy do you bring to Janessa? That's YOUR job.  It is not hers to bring you joy.  Jill is such a narcissistic cow.  Sorry for insulting cows.

• Like 20
  • LOL 3

Those "wrestling" videos were so awkward to watch.  And Jill getting all over Jonathan for rooting for Nathan instead of Sam.  I wished he would have said to her, "I'm an outsider too" when she asked him how he could root for the outsider, Nathan.  How does her saying something like that make him (and Nathan) feel?  She said it to Jonathan but about Nathan.   What MIL says, "Get him Sam" when her son is goofing around with her son-in-law.  It's really weird how she pits the siblings and in-laws against each other.  If I had been Nathan and heard her saying those things, I would have asked them all to leave.  

• Like 19
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1

Jill is happy when she's pitting the kids against each other.  

41 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jill, how much joy do you bring to Janessa? That's YOUR job.  It is not hers to bring you joy.  Jill is such a narcissistic cow.  Sorry for insulting cows.

Narcissistic Jill is one mean animal.  Weasel and wolverines come to mind!  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

If I had been Nathan and heard her saying those things, I would have asked them all to leave.  

He really does need to just kick them all out.

Jill is very sick with how much she enjoys pitting people in competitoin with each other.   And everything is a battle to win, not just good natured fun.   Easter Egg hunt -- who can get the most.   Jill giving out her old clothes to her daughters -- fight for the "best" pieces.   Boys wrestling matches (which hello, two them are FATHERS now, they should be past this) -- Get him.    Just vicious.   

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

He really does need to just kick them all out.

Jill is very sick with how much she enjoys pitting people in competitoin with each other.   And everything is a battle to win, not just good natured fun.   Easter Egg hunt -- who can get the most.   Jill giving out her old clothes to her daughters -- fight for the "best" pieces.   Boys wrestling matches (which hello, two them are FATHERS now, they should be past this) -- Get him.    Just vicious.   

Its sociopathic behavior. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7326.jpeg

Yes, and in one of the videos 9-year-old Sofia was sucking her thumb and hugging her lovey.  

• Sad 14
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

More words by Jill:

IMG_7321.jpeg

A minnie mouse sun dress without 3 modesty tees under it??

Why on earth can she not wear something like this every hot summer day?

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

A minnie mouse sun dress without 3 modesty tees under it??

Why on earth can she not wear something like this every hot summer day?

Maybe Jill  Renee has not done laundry yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
(edited)

Good grief. Couldn't any member of the Rod circus step up and help Nurie, who is barely post partum, carry that stuff? Could her manly headship have helped?

Of course, we know that Jill could do no such thing because dog forbid she misses a chance to catch video footage of even a minute of "family time." And OF COURSE Jill must also be "snuggling babies" with her young fertile daughter. What a self-centered selfish beetch, can't even let her own daughter have the limelight for a hot minute. "MEE!! MEE!! LOOK AT MEEE!!!"

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Like 7
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

This is why I hate watching the kids (semi) launch. We sit here trading all these high hopes of who's going to escape, reject fundyinsm whole scale and write a tell-all and instead we just watch kid after kid follow the same sad, messed up patterns. Of course no-one helped Nurie. Forget JOY, they've all lived and learned Mahmo, Yourself, Jesus(performatively).........................Others

• Sad 13
5 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

This is why I hate watching the kids (semi) launch. We sit here trading all these high hopes of who's going to escape, reject fundyinsm whole scale and write a tell-all and instead we just watch kid after kid follow the same sad, messed up patterns. Of course no-one helped Nurie. Forget JOY, they've all lived and learned Mahmo, Yourself, Jesus(performatively).........................Others

It is sad. Jill has spouted for so long about the diligence and obedience of her children. Along with posts of breaking Timothy's spirit through strict and consistent discipline for even the most minor infraction. Then the glowing reviews of how ALL her children honor their father and mother.

None of them will venture far from mama. Heidi will soon be spending all of her days at the barndo while Tim works, just like Kaylee seems to do. Samuel will save enough money to buy a starter house near the barndo for him and his girl. They all will continue to show up for the mandated once a year family vacations with mama.

• Sad 11

Nurse looked tired she should be sitting down at home in the air conditioning. Nathan looked like he was annoyed with the trip to the beach.  Probably because he knows Nurie  is tired.   Why didn’t Jill encourage her to stay home and take her older  kids to the beach without her?

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Why didn’t Jill encourage her to stay home and take her older  kids to the beach without her?

Jill would still have her phone in her hand, after digging it out from the bottom of her purse, and do nothing.

Nurie looked tired and frustrated.

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Why didn’t Jill encourage her to stay home and take her older  kids to the beach without her?

Because Nurie staying home from the beach excursion is not in the script for the episode of The Jill Rodrigues Show that Jill was video-ing for social media that day.

Starring Jill. Featuring Favorite Child Nurie and her brand new baby girl - JILL'S FIRST GRANDDAUGHTER!!!! MIDDLE-NAMED AFTER HER!!!! With a large supporting cast of JILL's children, JILL's grandsons, and JILL's sons-in-law. 

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Because that would involve Jill thinking of someone beside herself. And Nurie and the baby not being there would ruin Jill's photo opp.

She is so incredibly selfish.

Edited by emma675
  • Like 23
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Jill films while Nurie carries a bag and a baby to the beach (do they even live close to the beach?) 

JFC Jill - GO HOME!

IMG_9756.jpeg

Not sure where Nurie lives, but virtually nowhere in Florida is more than an hour from a beach.  However, that poor baby is what, a week old?  And Nurie just a week out from the stress of labor and delivery.  And with two other, very young kids who need a lot of care and attention.  Temperatures in Florida have been well into the 90's all week.  There is no way a trip to the beach in that kind of heat was beneficial in any way to Nurie or that little baby.  Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are real and people who are already not in tip top shape are particularly vulnerable, like new moms and infants.

I feel sorry for Jill's other kids, but, since we all know Jill isn't going to be helpful in any dam* way at all, I hope they've at least been helping look after and play with their little nephews who are already experiencing a big adjustment with a new baby in the family.

The last thing Nurie, Nathan or any of their kids needed at this moment was for this plague of locusts to descend upon them.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 6

Yep, Nathan wasn't hanging on to the toddler behind Nurie, or pushing the stroller, or carrying the bag. That's three strikes before we even get to "I'm sorry, Jill, but Nurie and the baby are tired. You can take everyone else to the beach."

• Like 9
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1

I'm guessing Jill is setting Nurie up. She's assuring Nurie's reproductive system and bladder drop. That and she wants pictures of everything she 'created'.

From afar Jill hits every criteria for NPD.

• Like 12
(edited)
24 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Yep, Nathan wasn't hanging on to the toddler behind Nurie, or pushing the stroller, or carrying the bag. That's three strikes before we even get to "I'm sorry, Jill, but Nurie and the baby are tired. You can take everyone else to the beach."

I’m not defending Nathan when I make my comment below - because  he didn’t say no to this in the first place.

However, he’s shown in the video behind Nurie.  It appears to me that he had just gotten done dragging  in the big cooler.  Most likely with junk on top of it/ that was sitting beside it in the video. So I don’t think he was doing nothing.   One of the other girls has Newman. 

I swear if there was a field anywhere near them, Jill would have Nurie out  in it.  Because Jill thinks it’s sinful for other women to  rest after giving birth. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, Minivanessa said:

her brand new baby girl - JILL'S FIRST GRANDDAUGHTER!!!! MIDDLE-NAMED AFTER HER!!!!

Betcha 100 smiley tracts that everyone starts calling the poor kid by her middle name - and the first one to do it will be Jill.   

1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Forget JOY, they've all lived and learned Mahmo, Yourself, Jesus(performatively).........................Others

With luck that selfish gene might run strong in one of the kids, enough to say "ya know what Mahmo, you aren't the center of the universe, I am, see ya later I am out of here."   

• Like 9

I can see the post now---"Nurie's strength was restored after childbirth and she was feeling great when she went to the beach with the whole family less than a week after giving birth--thanks to Plexus.  She is taking Plexus regularly, and my new GRANDDAUGHTER is calm and tolerates intense heat and a lot of noise thanks to the Plexus she is getting through mother's milk.  Sign up to be on my team now!"

• Sad 12
  • Angry 6

And when Jill panned around with the caption of how the two of them "snuggled babies," the only person holding one (Newman) was Tessie. Naomi was in her carrier, not cuddled by anyone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 2

The Keller family been feeding Jill and her blessings for a whole month. When is Jill going home? 2 weeks? And of course this doesn’t count toward the once a year family vacation!

• Like 12
(edited)
53 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The Keller family been feeding Jill and her blessings for a whole month. When is Jill going home? 2 weeks? And of course this doesn’t count toward the once a year family vacation!

They have not been with the Keller family for a whole month. They were in WV for the 4th of July, where we can assume the Foster family or Ma and Pa Noyes paid.

They also had two grift stops along the way.

But seriously Mama it is time to go back to your beloved Amish country.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 17
(edited)

This sounds like the time the stink bus was on tour in North Carolina, and Jill was looking forward to visiting TV actor Andy Griffith's "homeplace," Mayberry. That day, everyone, except Jill, but including David, came down with a bad stomach virus. Nevertheless, she insisted they get dressed to go out and do the tourist thing with her. She even had to put on the girl's makeup because they were too sick to do it themselves.

Everyone was miserable, but Jill had a great time seeing the sights and taking lots of pictures. Of course, it wasn't just her idea. In her words: "[The kids] were able to salvage enough strength to go into see the sites. They did NOT want to miss out on Mayberry! – FUN!" Sure, Jill. 

If Jill wants to go somewhere, everybody has to go. She is incapable of thinking of anyone but herself. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Sad 22
(edited)
36 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This sounds like the time the stink bus was on tour in North Carolina, and Jill was looking forward to visiting TV actor Andy Griffith's "homeplace," Mayberry. That day, everyone, except Jill, but including David, came down with a bad from a stomach virus. Nevertheless, she insisted they get dressed to go out and do the tourist thing with her. She even had to put on the girl's makeup because they were too sick to do it themselves.

Everyone was miserable, but Jill had a great time seeing the sites and taking lots of pictures. Of course, it wasn't just her idea. In her words: "[The kids] were able to salvage enough strength to go into see the sites. They did NOT want to miss out on Mayberry! – FUN!" Sure, Jill. 

If Jill wants to go somewhere, everybody has to go. She is incapable of thinking of anyone but herself. 

Thankfully they were able to pose for mama's camera because they are obedient.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/mayberry-andy-griffith-home-place-jills-sisters-rodrigues-happenings-oct-nov-2014/

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 7
  • Angry 3
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This sounds like the time the stink bus was on tour in North Carolina, and Jill was looking forward to visiting TV actor Andy Griffith's "homeplace," Mayberry. That day, everyone, except Jill, but including David, came down with a bad from a stomach virus. Nevertheless, she insisted they get dressed to go out and do the tourist thing with her. She even had to put on the girl's makeup because they were too sick to do it themselves.

Everyone was miserable, but Jill had a great time seeing the sites and taking lots of pictures. Of course, it wasn't just her idea. In her words: "[The kids] were able to salvage enough strength to go into see the sites. They did NOT want to miss out on Mayberry! – FUN!" Sure, Jill. 

My mom would have made home made chicken soup for me. She would have comforted me. Moms do that.  Jill is just a brood mare. She isn't a mom. Mothers are comfort. Fathers too.  I guess that makes David a stud???? Yuck. 

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
40 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My mom would have made home made chicken soup for me. She would have comforted me. Moms do that.  Jill is just a brood mare. She isn't a mom. Mothers are comfort. Fathers too.  I guess that makes David a stud???? Yuck. 

A stud muffin hunk!

• LOL 3
53 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Davia looks over it in the family picture. 

Help me out here, please.   Is it Duh-vee-ah  or   Dave-e-ah

• Like 2
(edited)

Pecan looks a little rough (and a tad creepy) in the pic where he's holding Desiree.

Did Priss delivery all her kids at home?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1