Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's wearing a scrubs top in the picture holding the baby. I wonder if they didn't get to the birthing center on time, and Jill messily delivered her en route? 

I was thinking the same thing.  They don't routinely hand out scrubs for family at a delivery.  Knowing Jill, she probably made sure she got splashed with some bodily fluids and then complained and whined about it until someone got her a scrub top to wear to shut her up.  I would not be surprised if Jill's 'scrub blouse' accidentally fell into her purse and she took it with her.  It's not stealing if it is something Jill wants.

Years ago, we would have dads, etc change for the delivery and, after most deliveries, the scrubs were nowhere to be found because Daddy took them home.  That's when hospitals started using paper scrubs or jumpsuits.  One hospital here has a scrub vending machine.  To get a set, the person has to use a credit card.  There is a monitored bin for returning the scrubs, they've got some sort of electronic ID thing in the tag.  If the scrubs aren't returned within a certain time period, the credit card is charged for the cost of them.

• Like 3
  • Useful 16
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I was thinking the same thing.  They don't routinely hand out scrubs for family at a delivery.  Knowing Jill, she probably made sure she got splashed with some bodily fluids and then complained and whined about it until someone got her a scrub top to wear to shut her up.  I would not be surprised if Jill's 'scrub blouse' accidentally fell into her purse and she took it with her.  It's not stealing if it is something Jill wants.

Years ago, we would have dads, etc change for the delivery and, after most deliveries, the scrubs were nowhere to be found because Daddy took them home.  That's when hospitals started using paper scrubs or jumpsuits.  One hospital here has a scrub vending machine.  To get a set, the person has to use a credit card.  There is a monitored bin for returning the scrubs, they've got some sort of electronic ID thing in the tag.  If the scrubs aren't returned within a certain time period, the credit card is charged for the cost of them.

When I had my son (c-section), my ex wore scrubs. He didn't keep them. 

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That bow is bigger than her head. 

This is a current trend for babies.  All girl babies have to wear some sort of huge headband, preferably with floral ornamentation, at all times.  Makes them look like they have a head wound.  Between that and all clothing being a bland color like oatmeal, wheat, linen or sadness; babies have had a lot to deal with these past few years.

I am glad to see the kid in an actual car seat.  I hope it is installed properly.  As we have discovered, Nathan and Nurie seem to think car seats are optional.

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

When I had my son (c-section), my ex wore scrubs. He didn't keep them. 

Good for him, alas, I would say approximately half of all scrubs distributed to family would disappear back before we started keeping track of them.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2

When my little sister was born 30 some years ago, she had head bands with the flower bigger than her head.   Well when her big brother was not stealing them for himself.    It's always a been a thing.   I think they are cute.   

Of course the story of Nurie giving birth to Naomi will be all about ... Jill.   There are no other ways to tell a story in Jill world.    We all just exist so she has someone to interact with.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
38 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I would not be surprised if Jill's 'scrub blouse' accidentally fell into her purse and she took it with her.  It's not stealing if it is something Jill wants.

And one of the waifs will end up wearing it, with a proper long-sleeved shirt, as a dress on the performance circuit. If the top is stained, however, Jill might mount it on the wall of the tribute room where Janessa sleeps. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And one of the waifs will end up wearing it, with a proper long-sleeved shirt, as a dress on the performance circuit. If the top is stained, however, Jill might mount it on the wall of the tribute room where Janessa sleeps. 

Let the wagering begin! 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

This is a current trend for babies.  All girl babies have to wear some sort of huge headband, preferably with floral ornamentation, at all times.  Makes them look like they have a head wound.  Between that and all clothing being a bland color like oatmeal, wheat, linen or sadness; babies have had a lot to deal with these past few years.

I am glad to see the kid in an actual car seat.  I hope it is installed properly.  As I aawe have discovered, Nathan and Nurie seem to think car seats are optional.

Good for him, alas, I would say approximately half of all scrubs distributed to family would disappear back before we started keeping track of them.

I was confused by one photo.  The baby was in what appears to be a new car seat, but Nurie was holding it on her lap.  Nurie had her seatbelt fastened.  Did she hold the carseat on her lap on the way home?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

My husband did not even think to keep the scrubs he wore.  I'd bet Jill shoved it into her purse, since she's SO fond of souvenir "blouses."  

How does she justify being so selfish?  That's not very godly of her! 😡

• Like 12
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I was confused by one photo.  The baby was in what appears to be a new car seat, but Nurie was holding it on her lap.  Nurie had her seatbelt fastened.  Did she hold the carseat on her lap on the way home?

Well, she is Jill's daughter, it is quite possible Nurie thinks holding the car seat in her lap is just as good as having it firmly attached to the seat.  I figured Nathan is probably in charge of wrangling car seats into position and fastened, so Nurie buckled her seat belt and waited for him to get the baby set.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Well, she is Jill's daughter, it is quite possible Nurie thinks holding the car seat in her lap is just as good as having it firmly attached to the seat.  I figured Nathan is probably in charge of wrangling car seats into position and fastened, so Nurie buckled her seat belt and waited for him to get the baby set.

I certainly hope they didn’t drive like that. There is a history of stupidity with these two with safety and car seats.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
50 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Maybe Jill will wear the scrub blouse in future Plexus posts, to give her medical advice more gravitas.

You just gave her an idea. An idea she can't possibly pull off successfully. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
7 hours ago, precious pupp said:

My husband did not even think to keep the scrubs he wore.  I'd bet Jill shoved it into her purse, since she's SO fond of souvenir "blouses."  

How does she justify being so selfish?  That's not very godly of her! 😡

Jill doesn’t justify being selfish because in her mind,she's not. And anyone saying she is, is being a "hater" or she's being persecuted by the devil.

In her own mind, she's perfect. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Maybe Jill will wear the scrub blouse in future Plexus posts, to give her medical advice more gravitas.

Well if Plexus had hired folks wearing lab coats at their convention .... methinks Jill can easily do the mental gymnastics to attempt such a use for a scrub blouse.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Hannah, Gabriel, and Renee are home with david. They were all seen at the new church last sunday. I will bet Renee sent mama the pictures of that sad garden.

Kaylee, Tessis, Sofia, Janessa are with Jill.

Samuel seems to have arrived recently at the Keller house. Probably to ask his girl to court.

Not sure where Sadie and Olivia are

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Samuel seems to have arrived recently at the Keller.

Just in time to wrestle Nathan. Jonathan also wrestled him. Six year old Janessa wrestled two year old Nehemiah. Let squealing and the laughter begin. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 4

Gone nearly a month, but she works so hard and only takes a vacation once a year.  

Yeah, yeah, some of it was "ministry" but a most of it was, "I want to descend on people and make them buy me things."    And honestly its Nurie's 3rd and her MIL is closer than Jill.   Jill did not HAVE to go to Florida.   Or she could have given up some of her other travel to make the Florida trip.

I know I sure can't travel for a whole month from my job.

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Watching the ever so lovely wrestling videos…. I wish I hadnt

The girls shrieking and laughing. The god awful noise Nathan was making while wrestling. I use the term “wrestling” loosely. 

make it stop. The noise Nathan was making is going to give me nightmares. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Just in time to wrestle Nathan. Jonathan also wrestled him. Six year old Janessa wrestled two year old Nehemiah. Let squealing and the laughter begin. 🤦‍♀️

It seems Sam and Olivia were shown swimming in the spring with the others last week so they have been there.

• Useful 1
49 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Watching the ever so lovely wrestling videos…. I wish I hadnt

The girls shrieking and laughing. The god awful noise Nathan was making while wrestling. I use the term “wrestling” loosely. 

make it stop. The noise Nathan was making is going to give me nightmares. 

I haven’t watched.   How embarrassing.  It’s hard to believe she thinks grown men wrestling is something to post on Facebook for all to see.  

• Applause 15
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I haven’t watched.   How embarrassing.  It’s hard to believe she thinks grown men wrestling is something to post on Facebook for all to see.  

It was hardly considered wrestling. More like teenage girls fighting because one showed up to school with the same outfit as the other. It was just ridiculous 

• LOL 14
3 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I didn't watch the video, but can I assume Jonathan removed his tablet belt clip and bluetooth earpiece for this activity?  

yes, but he still had the ring of keys on his belt! 😂

• LOL 11

Maybe Sammers and Jonathan had to travel with Jill and the girlies as their manly men protectors. And also to pay for everything for Jill while they are traveling. And Renee had to stay at the Barndo to do all the wimmins work, including feeding Dave. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Jill, go the fuck home. You did your due diligence and now it’s time to allow Nurthan the chance to find their normal with the kids.  Ma Keller isn’t far away and I’m sure she would love the opportunity to get to know her granddaughter, too.

just an aside, when I had my first baby my ex and I lived in DC.  My family is in PA.  I had an emergency cesarean and my family descended on the hospital like a plague of locusts.  I won’t go into all the gory details but I was actually pissed that they invaded my personal space, my home, and took away forever some special “firsts” that I should have had with my kiddo. And not to mention the in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles who also made the trip instead of waiting until I was strong enough to make the trip home. I was livid and I can totally understand if Nurthan are tapped out. 

• Like 14
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 1
On 7/17/2024 at 2:02 PM, oliviabenson said:

My pick is Tim. But that’s partially because Jill hates him and won’t care about his kids etc much. 

You said the same thing on Free Jinger.  But I agree with the poster there who pointed out that Jill has always admitted that Tim, as her first, was the one who she first felt that overwhelming love of a mother for her child.  He was the one she learned how to breastfeed, change diapers, etc for, and he was the only one who got her complete and full attention as an infant.  She took him for daily walks around New York and showed him off to the other mothers doing the same.  He was a sunny and sweet baby to all and sundry.

Sure, she also bragged about how she beat him when he expected the same attention after she fell pregnant with Nurie, but he quickly fell in line and became her "best bud", showing the ropes to the other children as they appeared with alarming (to most) regularity and helping Best Mama Ever as best he could.

Tim was the one the whole family drove across the country to take to college the first time he tried, and blatantly lied about the reason he couldn't cut it.  He ended up back home and tried again with another college, but that also didn't work out.  Jill never admitted that his poor home schooling and her machinations were the reasons.

Jill's done everything she could to keep him close to home, but she couldn't do anything about his need for romance and the physical expression of it.  So now Tim is engaged and it'll be very interesting to see if Jill just lets him be a married man or if she tries to interfere.  I think she'll let him get married and test the waters on how much she's allowed to get away with.

• Like 8

I watched the first video. The guys made some interesting noises. Of course Nathan won over Sam and Jon. Sam and Jon look skeletal. 

Kaylee laughs like a horse while Jill was being screechy Jill. Both of their laughs would drive me deaf. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

You said the same thing on Free Jinger.  But I agree with the poster there who pointed out that Jill has always admitted that Tim, as her first, was the one who she first felt that overwhelming love of a mother for her child.  He was the one she learned how to breastfeed, change diapers, etc for, and he was the only one who got her complete and full attention as an infant.  She took him for daily walks around New York and showed him off to the other mothers doing the same.  He was a sunny and sweet baby to all and sundry.

Sure, she also bragged about how she beat him when he expected the same attention after she fell pregnant with Nurie, but he quickly fell in line and became her "best bud", showing the ropes to the other children as they appeared with alarming (to most) regularity and helping Best Mama Ever as best he could.

Tim was the one the whole family drove across the country to take to college the first time he tried, and blatantly lied about the reason he couldn't cut it.  He ended up back home and tried again with another college, but that also didn't work out.  Jill never admitted that his poor home schooling and her machinations were the reasons.

Jill's done everything she could to keep him close to home, but she couldn't do anything about his need for romance and the physical expression of it.  So now Tim is engaged and it'll be very interesting to see if Jill just lets him be a married man or if she tries to interfere.  I think she'll let him get married and test the waters on how much she's allowed to get away with.

Nurie was Jill's firstborn. Tim was next, her first boy. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Jill, go the fuck home. You did your due diligence and now it’s time to allow Nurthan the chance to find their normal with the kids.  Ma Keller isn’t far away and I’m sure she would love the opportunity to get to know her granddaughter, too.

just an aside, when I had my first baby my ex and I lived in DC.  My family is in PA.  I had an emergency cesarean and my family descended on the hospital like a plague of locusts.  I won’t go into all the gory details but I was actually pissed that they invaded my personal space, my home, and took away forever some special “firsts” that I should have had with my kiddo. And not to mention the in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles who also made the trip instead of waiting until I was strong enough to make the trip home. I was livid and I can totally understand if Nurthan are tapped out. 

I heard that a lot when I was practicing obstetrics. The main problem seems to be that family members come to 'help' and all they want to help with is holding the baby, feeding the baby, bathing the baby and taking pictures of the baby.  Nobody seems to want to do the real stuff like making meals, cleaning the bathroom, changing the sheets and doing laundry.  

I used to tell women that when family came to visit, they needed to make them pay the 'baby tax'.  If someone wants to visit, tell them you'll text your grocery list and they can pick it up on the way.  Or, tell them you're in the mood for Chinese and text them the name of your favorite place and your order to bring along with them. 'Sure you can hold the baby, as soon as you've finished folding that laundry'.

Jill, of course, would do none of these things, but, instead, expect Nurie and Nathan to cater to her.

• Like 10
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I used to tell women that when family came to visit, they needed to make them pay the 'baby tax'. 

I will hazard a guess "have manly wrestling contests in the living room to see who holds the baby" was never one of your suggestions.😂

Given Jill's post are always out of order, I hope the wrestling was pre baby. But probably not.

• Like 8
On 7/18/2024 at 12:35 PM, oliviabenson said:

Names for Kaylees future daughters:

JiilKristy

Jilouise

Jilltricia

Jillvid

Jilljoy

Jilleliza

Jillsica

jilllee

“Jilljoy” 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Zahdii said:

All this time, I thought that Nurie was the oldest.  Doesn't Nurie get introduced first on her videos?  I assumed that made her the first child.  

Edited by precious pupp
I just read @Salacious Kitty's comment.
18 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Nearly a month? David must be happy. 

I’ll bet David has eaten out every meal.

4 hours ago, precious pupp said:

All this time, I thought that Nurie was the oldest.  Doesn't Nurie get introduced first on her videos?  I assumed that made her the first child.  

I’m sure I’ve seen Jill talk about her and baby Nurie walking the streets of NYC!

• Like 3