Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Back to the "haters," how does she know what they're saying? Her FB is friends only, and she shuts down responses on Instagram. I guess people can message her in the stories, but who would be so stupid? That would just get you blocked. 

Is she trolling Reddit? FJ is members only, and I doubt she knows about the detractors here. It's got to be Reddit. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • Useful 5
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Back to the "haters," how does she know what they're saying? Her FB is friends only, and she shuts down responses on Instagram. I guess people can message her in the stories, but who would be so stupid? That would just get you blocked. 

Is she trolling Reddit? DJ is members only, and I doubt she knows about the detractors here. It's got to be Reddit. 

Oh, she is spying somewhere. Too many time, something is mentioned and boom, we get pictures or whatever from her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Is she trolling Reddit? DJ is members only, and I doubt she knows about the detractors here. It's got to be Reddit. 

I read on a FB snark site that a snarker or two private-messaged her about the phone recording. They were promptly blocked, presumably because she read the messages and didn't appreciate them.

It's also possible that the "haters" are church members from her previous church who complained. 

• Like 14
9 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Copyright is automatic.   Now, there are some things you can't do if you haven't filed your copyright paperwork, but you still own the copyright.   So Phillip wasn't wrong to make it clear it was copyrighted.

I know books of sermons are copyrighted.   I know people have a right to their own name, image and likeness, without filing paperwork.   Jill uses her social media to grift so an argument COULD be made that she is using unauthorizedd name, image and likenesses for commercial purposes without compensation.

Thanks for that information on copyright.

When I worked for a church as a tech person, I had a good many arguments with the Pastor and Mrs. Pastor about right to privacy and how images were used. I gave them countless examples of churches being sued over sharing online images without permission.

Church finally added a consent to photography/consent to church sm postings check box to VBS forms, Sunday School forms, and one for adults when joining the church to cover worship and events. There were people who opted out and folks like me who did photography for events knew who to leave out of pics or to delete any pics those folks were in.

Some folks were good with pics taken for things to be shown in house, like VBS kids shown in a celebration video the next sunday in worship. They did not want their kids in church website pics, any printed material that could be taken home or any SM. Rightfully so in my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Useful 8

How long will it take for this new church group to get very annoyed with the Rodrigues family, and how long before the church members do something about it? Jill's rant will be epic although she has a few previous ones to recycle. 

Before anything happens, Jill will make sure she and David have extracted every penny, every gift, every Plexus recruit, and every free meal they possibly can. I wonder which church will get to throw Tim and Heidi's bridal shower. Jill loves a good party, even if she isn't technically the guest of honor. 

• Like 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7211.jpeg

IMG_7212.jpeg

I could swear that at the end of this pastor's first video in her Facebook stories, he talks about shooting a dog. He is talking about Christians worrying about "tomorrow" and lists hypothetical things they have to do tomorrow. He says "shoot the do...." and then the video cuts.

Did anyone else catch this? Or am I just hearing things?

ETA He did say shoot the dog. And for good measure also said "kill the neighbor's cat." WTF? The video that is actually on her Facebook feed doesn't cut out like her story does

Edited by DeeReynolds
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

The pics of Sofia were Nov. 2020. Jill states "I think I need to get her more stockings and teach her what type of shoes to wear WITH stockings and have a talk with her what shoes are proper to wear for this time of year. "

Have a talk with her about proper shoes to wear for the time of the year?  Most little kids can work this out for themselves by observing those around them.  Sure, there are times when a kid is going to stomp around in their winter boots in the summer.  But if you have to spend so much time troweling on your Sunday morning makeup that you can't give your kids a once-over, that's not cute, Jill.  It's ignorant and neglectful and mean.

And props, @DeeReynoldsfor having the courage to listen to any of those sermons not once but twice.  Those videos of men shouting fire and brimstone from the pulpit unsettle me so deeply, I can't get through more than a couple of seconds.  Save your phone battery, Jill, I can assure you that we don't need to hear whatever it is you're supposedly listening to in between taking Glamour Shot selfies from the front row.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Have you ever recorded a sermon on liars and hypocrites, Jill?

In other news: Knew we'd find out what happened at Joy Baptist sooner or later.

Do we know?  Do tell.

• Like 1

@laurakaye I don't usually listen to any of what she posts, especially with regards to the sermons but this time I was curious what was so important that she just had to pull out her phone (that she never touches during church) to record the holiest of teachings. The Lord Himself must have divinely intervened in my heart so my sinner soul could listen to a man talk openly about randomly killing animals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 3
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ellen posted this about Heidi’s shower.

IMG_7219.jpeg

I thought the 'theme' of a bridal shower was the bride and what she and the groom want/need for their lives post wedding.  I've heard of kitchen showers or bathroom showers or personal items for the bride showers; but those aren't really themes and I've seen them in cases where multiple showers are planned.

So what will the theme of this shower be?  Getting pregnant on the honeymoon?  Disney Princess Bride?  Helpmeet?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I thought the 'theme' of a bridal shower was the bride and what she and the groom want/need for their lives post wedding.  I've heard of kitchen showers or bathroom showers or personal items for the bride showers; but those aren't really themes and I've seen them in cases where multiple showers are planned.

So what will the theme of this shower be?  Getting pregnant on the honeymoon?  Disney Princess Bride?  Helpmeet?

Love is BREWING. Tim is a coffee addict and already has a coffee bar. So, yeah. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
7 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Yet another fundie who “homeschools,” but doesn’t know when to use “who” vs “that.” 🤦‍♀️

• Like 6
(edited)

How long have Tim and Heidi been a couple if the theme was decided on over a year ago? 

Or do all these fundies plan the wedding on their 18th  birthday- groom or no groom yet? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
38 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

How long have Tim and Heidi been a couple if the theme was decided on over a year ago?

They "entered into courtship" early 2023 and got engaged late summer early fall 2023.

Video Heidi posted Sept 2023 was titled "Timothy and I decided to buy a house"

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Or do all these fundies plan the wedding on their 18th  birthday- groom or no groom yet? 

I had the same thought. WTF?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

Do we know?  Do tell.

Not for sure, but I'm thinking that if someone at Joy finally said something about Jill and her phone, it would be enough to make Jill flounce (especially if the grift was starting to dry up).

I suppose that someone could have said something at their new church too, though. It seems like they've been going there for a few months, but we've just gotten the first photo dumps. Maybe some of her fellow parishioners weren't okay with ending up on Jill's social media. 

• Like 9
6 hours ago, skatelady said:

I read on a FB snark site that a snarker or two private-messaged her about the phone recording. They were promptly blocked, presumably because she read the messages and didn't appreciate them.

It's also possible that the "haters" are church members from her previous church who complained. 

I knew without a doubt that the haters  were from past churches.

• Like 6

Poor Nurie.  39 weeks pregnant and her mom drags her out in the Florida heat to the beach dressed for air conditioning. She looks exhausted 

As for Tessie, can’t let her birthday pass without comparing her to her older sister and discussing how her birth affected her mom. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
19 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Poor Nurie.  39 weeks pregnant and her mom drags her out in the Florida heat to the beach dressed for air conditioning. She looks exhausted 

As for Tessie, can’t let her birthday pass without comparing her to her older sister and discussing how her birth affected her mom. 

But Jill loves the ocean. Nobody really believes that Best MeMe is in Florida to help Nurie and her family. She's there to eat, shop, and sightsee and be at the center of an event she can photograph. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 9
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill is gross.  She couldn't think of anything specific to Tessie except for her actual birth so she just drops the same adjectives she would use to describe Nurie, the Golden Child.  What if Tessie had been a difficult birth?  Would that have set the stage for how Jill treated Tessie for the rest of her life?  I know the answer is yes, sadly.

As for Jill bouncing churches - does her reputation precede her, I wonder?  Is there a network where one of Jill's previous churches calls another and tells them to batten down the hatches, the Rods might darken your doorstep any day now?  For someone who falls so in love with her pastors that she has to record their entire sermons on the phone that's buried in her purse, she sure seems to get over them quickly.  I think that she bleeds those poor small churches dry, hounds every woman in the congregation to join her downline, steals their community snacks and leaves destruction in her wake until she decides that they're not holy enough for her so she must move on.  I just wonder if any church is really prepared to have the Rods take them over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 12
49 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

As for Jill bouncing churches - does her reputation precede her, I wonder?  Is there a network where one of Jill's previous churches calls another and tells them to batten down the hatches, the Rods might darken your doorstep any day now?  For someone who falls so in love with her pastors that she has to record their entire sermons on the phone that's buried in her purse, she sure seems to get over them quickly.

I think Jill is probably actually quite bored in church services when she is not on stage. I think she films the pastors, other singers and musicians etc to give herself something to do and then something to post.

Most of the pastors she films are at the grift stops, so she has either just been on stage or is waiting to go on stage for the Jill show. Whichever church has given money, bought their products from the table in back, fed the entire family so Jill has to sit through the service, but she's bored so messes with her phone.

If her phone is buried in her purse there is always Dave's phone, Renee's phone, the tablet etc

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

As for Tessie, [Jill] can’t let her birthday pass without comparing her to her older sister and discussing how her birth affected her mom. 

Yep. Jill has to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the star of every show.

14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think Jill is probably actually quite bored in church services when she is not on stage. I think she films the pastors, other singers and musicians etc to give herself something to do and then something to post.

Bingo! She craves and needs all the attention, all the time.

I think I've told this story here before because it was such a glimpse into that personality type. Which is probably narcissistic but I'm not a mental health pro and don't know for sure. I'll tell it again anyway.

The story: Back when dirt was young, I was a lawyer trying a case to a jury. During the jury selection process, twelve potential jurors were seated in the jury box for questioning. The lawyers for each side questioned them in turn. One man in the box was, I learned, recently elected to our City Council. While he was being questioned by the other side, I noticed that he was engaged and articulate. But then, as the lawyer moved on to question the others in the box, City Councilman became visibly restless. He was obviously not happy that the spotlight had moved on and he wasn't being asked to participate, but had only to observe. I've always remembered that because it showed an aspect of himself that I'm sure he'd rather not think anyone else would see. I noticed the same thing happened when it was my turn to question the potential jurors. What's that saying? "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

• Like 19

Tessie is easily the most attractive of the Rodlets. If Jill doesn't make her start fasting and have her adopt that gaunt look AND doesn't take control over her appearance more than she has so far, she could score big on the son-in-law scene. That's if Jill can back off and stay out of the spotlight. None of the more prominent fundie families will want to be linked to her, but one of their sons could push for it to secure Tessie.

However, the odds of that are slim to none because Jill won't "dim her light" for anyone. Tessie will likely end up being sacrificed to someone who will give in to Jill, just like Jonathan and Nathan. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 11
3 minutes ago, Tasya said:

However, the odds of that are slim to none because Jill won't "dim her light" for anyone. Tessie will likely end up being sacrificed to someone who will give in to Jill, just like Jonathan and Nathan. 

That’s an astute observation. It causes me to wonder if Tim is modeling that behavior by adopting Heidi’s family as his own. So is he breaking away because he’s thinking on his own or just following the dynamic that the wife’s family sets the rules? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Tessie birthday post is all about Jill. I’m not surprised. 

Tessie will be married off in 1-2 years tops. Jill probably found a few spineless suitors for Tessie.

• Sad 7
10 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

That’s an astute observation. It causes me to wonder if Tim is modeling that behavior by adopting Heidi’s family as his own. So is he breaking away because he’s thinking on his own or just following the dynamic that the wife’s family sets the rules? 

I think it's likely a bit of both. I am sure being around Heidi's family shows him that you can be their "type" of Christian without going to some of the extremes that Jill goes to. It also falls in line with what he is used to, which is that the maternal figure rules the roost. No matter how much Jill shouts from the heavens about David being the big man around the Barndo, it's quite obvious that she runs things. So for Tim, it would be natural for him to look to Heidi's mom, and eventually, as their family grows, Heidi herself to provide him with direction. 

• Like 11
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7225.jpeg

.One of the pictures from the post:

IMG_7226.jpeg

Tessies eyebrows look fairly normal!  Someone needs to take Nurie to a makeup professional so she can lose the quizzical brows.  She always looks like a confused cartoon character.

• Like 18
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
On 7/8/2024 at 6:09 PM, GeeGolly said:

For sure.

One of my daughter's friend never lost two bottom baby teeth. After an x-ray they found out why - she didn't have those two adult teeth to push them out.

Another child we know had a tooth grow horizontally behind her two front teeth. She needed a dental appliance to slowly pull it to the correct spot and pull it down.

Sofia doesn't fall within the norm.

My granddaughter, who is about a month older than Janessa, has two adult incisors growing in behind her baby teeth, which are not even loose yet. Her dentist says it's not all that unusual, and is just keeping an eye on it for the time being, not seeing any reason to remove the baby teeth yet. Her teeth will definitely be very crowded when she gets older, though. She has the same tiny jaw as my daughter and Mr. Jyn. His mother also had a severe overbite, so my granddaughter will definitely need braces down the line.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Regarding Tessie's attractiveness, she's tall, has gorgeous bone structure, a lovely smile and pretty eyes.  There is no way that Jill doesn't clock this.  I think that's why we see Tessie hunched down in many if not most photos.  It makes sense that Jill would have Tessie shrink herself so she doesn't tower over her siblings, especially her manly-men brothers.

• Sad 10

I notice that Tessie has dental care.  She is a very pretty girl.  How old is she this birthday?  Jill didn't mention that.  This "birthday" post sounded more like a post for a husband.  And she obeys and is neat.  Nothing else to say about your daughter??  I sure wish her luck and happiness.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I notice that Tessie has dental care.  She is a very pretty girl.  How old is she this birthday?  Jill didn't mention that.  This "birthday" post sounded more like a post for a husband.  And she obeys and is neat.  Nothing else to say about your daughter??  I sure wish her luck and happiness.

She is 17. 

• Like 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She is 17. 

But Tessie won't be graduating from mama's home school of nonsense for 2 more years, since Sam and Gabe were held back a year.

Gabriel will already be 19 when he graduates June 2025 and Tessie will be nearly 19 and graduating 2026

Maybe 18 yr old Gabriel will suddenly finish his school work early and find an exceptional job, leaving it open for Tessie to also finish early and court, but I doubt it. Jill needs bodies for the grift tour.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 8

Tessie looks to me as though she is starting to look a bit like Kaylee, who is also very pretty. Tessie has a bit more of a wholesome look to her, though (for want of a better word). She has a bit of that fresh faced milkmaid look going, with her rounder cheeks - though one does rather wonder how any of those waifs could possibly have round cheeks. Just genetics, I guess. Tessie always did have a slightly different look to her than the rest of the Rodlets, but her face does seem to be slimming down a bit. Hopefully that's just from outgrowing whatever baby fat she might have managed to hold onto.... I'd hate to think it was a purposeful campaign of getting her ready for the marriage market, but I do rather fear that it might be.

• Sad 6
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

Tessie is easily the most attractive of the Rodlets. If Jill doesn't make her start fasting and have her adopt that gaunt look AND doesn't take control over her appearance more than she has so far, she could score big on the son-in-law scene. That's if Jill can back off and stay out of the spotlight. None of the more prominent fundie families will want to be linked to her, but one of their sons could push for it to secure Tessie.

I don’t consider a husband who values physical appearance above all else to be much of a prize, regardless of his family income.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

I don’t consider a husband who values physical appearance above all else to be much of a prize, regardless of his family income.

But sadly, Jill does.  She's probably got a spreadsheet of every Fundie guy who has ever glanced in Tessie's direction, alongside who his parents are and how much they make.  Nathan and Jonathan aren't going to be able to fund Jill's lifestyle forever.  Tessie's future husband will need to pony up.

I wish any one of these kids had a fighting chance to get away from Jill and show their siblings the way out, too.

• Sad 9
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

But sadly, Jill does.  She's probably got a spreadsheet of every Fundie guy who has ever glanced in Tessie's direction, alongside who his parents are and how much they make.  Nathan and Jonathan aren't going to be able to fund Jill's lifestyle forever.  Tessie's future husband will need to pony up.

I wish any one of these kids had a fighting chance to get away from Jill and show their siblings the way out, too.

WE can only hope one gets away even partially. I wonder how Jill would be if her daughter did like Jill Dillard, pants, piercings.... or like Jinger. Or if a son married a non-fundie. Tim is close. 

• Like 7
32 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Tessie looks to me as though she is starting to look a bit like Kaylee, who is also very pretty. Tessie has a bit more of a wholesome look to her, though (for want of a better word). She has a bit of that fresh faced milkmaid look going, with her rounder cheeks - though one does rather wonder how any of those waifs could possibly have round cheeks. Just genetics, I guess. Tessie always did have a slightly different look to her than the rest of the Rodlets, but her face does seem to be slimming down a bit. Hopefully that's just from outgrowing whatever baby fat she might have managed to hold onto.... I'd hate to think it was a purposeful campaign of getting her ready for the marriage market, but I do rather fear that it might be.

Just wait until next year. It will be a full on fire sale. 

• Sad 7
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just wait until next year. It will be a full on fire sale. 

Jesus, this discussion has turned dark somehow. Maybe because I just got back from a trip to Memphis and our trolley driver pointed out the slave auction blocks to us 😪😪😪

• Sad 13
4 hours ago, Tasya said:

Jill won't "dim her light" for anyone. Tessie will likely end up being sacrificed to someone who will give in to Jill, just like Jonathan and Nathan. 

I agree that Jon sold totally out to Jill. However, IMO Nathan has ceded some ground but has set boundaries. 

The Kellers remained in Florida, where Nathan's family is based. 

Nathan has his own church, and I don't think he's ever joined the Rod traveling show unless for a brief appearance when visiting Nurie before their marriage.

And, I could be wrong, but I don't think Nurie has her own social media, or at least a public social media presence. We know that Nathan has preached against the misue of smartphones, social media, etc. 

Nathan does visit Ohio with his wife and kids more often than I'd expect a young pastor of a small Florida church to do, and I assume he pays for a lot of meals and outings for Jill and David while he's there. So there's that. He also puts up with the Rods descending on his home in Florida multiple times a year including when Nurie's giving birth. 

But overall, I don't think he's the pushover for the Rod steamroller, that Jon has appeared to be.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

But overall, I don't think he's the pushover for the Rod steamroller, that Jon has appeared to be.

I agree with this.

We also don't see endless pics of the Keller boys on Jill's sm or highly filtered Nurie selling Plexus. I think a line must have been drawn there on both.  Jill is allowed to share milestone posts of the boys and Pastor Nathan Keller approved family updates. You know mama demands pics daily and can screen shot from facetime. But the majority of Jill's posts about the boys are when the Keller and Rod families are together and Jill/Renee/Tessie/Hannah take the pics.

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But sadly, Jill does.  She's probably got a spreadsheet of every Fundie guy who has ever glanced in Tessie's direction, alongside who his parents are and how much they make. 

Not just how much they make but also how Jill sees the family's standing in the fundie world. Can it move her family up the rung, gain her a bigger audience or whatever.

The Kellers have never been shown to have money, it was all about the connection to the Duggars on that one.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 15
(edited)

I agree that Nathan does seem to be walking that fine line of holding on to some boundaries while being obliging enough to make sure Nurie stays in the Golden Child spot (ugh, that birthday wish, poor Tessie). I do manage to find a teensy whiff or respect for him for that, at least more than I do for Jon. But, Nurie is still getting paraded out super postpartum because Mahmo needs an outing (in matching wheelchairs no less) and while I hate the whole headship model with the fire of a thousand suns, if they're going to structure their family that way then Nathan has a (dogly) responsibility to protect his wife and mother of his children from being a Mahmo prop 5 seconds after she gives birth.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Minivanessa said:

Which is why Jill was very careful after Nathan to select for "willing to let Jill continue to run things."     Nathan said no and has held firm for the most part.   Jill can't let that happen again.   She found spineless Jonathan and he was perfect.  Renee had a mystery man who set firm boundaries and he was gone, gone, gone.   Unless the guy has something to big to pass up, Jill wants another spineless Jonathan.    Jill was okay with Nathan setting boundaries because of the Duggar connection, but it better be something bigger and longer lasting for it to happen again.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1