Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

Is the "ladies retreat" part of the Joy Baptist Church's activities, i.e., sponsored by the church? TBH I don't pay much attention to the flyers that Jill produces to announce/promote the retreats. Is the church named on those?

AFAIK Jill herself organizes the event, contracts with the venue, sends out the flyers, and handles all the registrations and money. I assume she promoted it at her church - and everywhere else she could - but does she require the "blessing" or some kind of sponsorship by a church to hold the retreat?

I think this is now a Jill run event. She has a fb group specific to the event.

Joy Baptist has no info on any Retreat for Ladies

The event is now Jill contacts, repeat customers, ladies at the grift churches Jill visits and all. Did the woman "pass off" leadership to Jill or did Jill see another "income stream" and browbeat the women into believing it was god's will for her to give it up and let Jill assume command???

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, precious pupp said:

That woman's so obvious favoritism is off the charts.  That alone is enough to hate her, and to be one of the unfavored?  Unbelievably sad and pathetic.

That plus all her hyper-religious act, narcissism, and hate-filled judgements of others, makes me ill.  Go fuck yourselves, Jill and David.  You're horrible!

I mentioned Jill’s favoritism of Janessa a few weeks ago.  She’s a straight up bitch for doing that but what really blows my mind is that she broadcasts it on SM!  Obviously she finds nothing wrong with it because she did the same with Nurie.  There aren’t enough words to describe the evilness that is Jill Rodrigues.

57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hoe and leave. Hope the lights aren’t important…..

IMG_7152.jpeg

OMG, look at all of the warning lights on the dashboard!! 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

I wonder if the folks at Joy Baptist Church caught on, and that's at least part of the reason the Rods have moved on to that wonderful new improved church. 

jillchurch1.jpg.52fadd707888b96cb0b47ae40632cc2c.jpg

It's not just Joy Baptist that Jill has scorned.  The semi-rural area where she lives is very Christian with a ton of churches.  They undoubtedly drive past at least a dozen other Baptist churches to get to their new one in Mansfield, about 45 minutes from the Barndo. I presume Jill checked it out and this church seemed to be the best prospect for grifting.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
20 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It's not just Joy Baptist that Jill has scorned.  The semi-rural area where she lives is very Christian with a ton of churches.  They undoubtedly drive past at least a dozen other Baptist churches to get to their new one in Mansfield, about 45 minutes from the Bardo. I presume Jill checked it out and this church seemed to be the best prospect for grifting.

This new church seemed ripe for a Rodrigues take over. Grift tour friend Bro Lou Di......recommended it, the Senior Pastor recently passed and according to Jill they have been long time friends with Bro someone thee.

Pre rod visits the choir had a dozen or so people, recent videos of the choir has about 10 rods including Jill and the Jonathan Hill fam and maybe 6 others.

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Tim looks pretty cut in the photos. He's clearly making working out a priority. He's not just using filters to "improve" his looks, like dear old Mahmo.

Tim's not trying to look twenty years younger than he really is. Jill just thinks she's fooling everyone. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
34 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Photoshop fail 😬. It looks like she is missing teeth and they melted into 1 tooth.

D7BEC66E-B717-4AD4-9C27-2F9B2E1C303F.jpeg

And her eyes are different sizes.

Stop using filters Jill!

And if she thinks she looks 35… I got a reality check for her.

I saw those posts on her public FB page. Good catch on that filtered mess. They made an appearance at a church - I think while on their way to visit Jill's sister Amy for their family 4th of July gathering. Of course Jill took and posted videos of the service. One was of her "man" preaching up there in the pulpit (I didn't watch it).

Another video was shot when the choir and congregation were singing a hymn. Of COURSE Jill was in the front row with her iPhone held high. The video starts with a view of the pulpit, choir, and stage, and then of course she pans around to show her "man", herself, and her kids on the front row, hamming it up for Jesus. The Rods weren't up on stage doing one of their "special appearance" songs. I wonder if they weren't asked to get up and sing, because I didn't see any posts from Jill showing them performing. I assume she always posts their special god-honoring musical performances.

Here's a screenshot, and yes it isn't flattering for her, although I really just paused it and captured it without that intent in mind. 

Screenshot2024-07-04at9_18_30AM.png.c6d2e1511432addf6ad7613b6dd161f2.png

Edited by Minivanessa
Not signing. Singing. Sigh.
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Minivanessa said:

I saw those posts on her public FB page. Good catch on that filtered mess. They made an appearance at a church - I think while on their way to visit Jill's sister Amy for their family 4th of July gathering. Of course Jill took and posted videos of the service. One was of her "man" preaching up there in the pulpit (I didn't watch it).

Another video was shot when the choir and congregation were singing a hymn. Of COURSE Jill was in the front row with her iPhone held high. The video starts with a view of the pulpit, choir, and stage, and then of course she pans around to show her "man", herself, and her kids on the front row, hamming it up for Jesus. The Rods weren't up on stage doing one of their "special appearance" songs. I wonder if they weren't asked to get up and sing, because I didn't see any posts from Jill showing them performing. I assume she always posts their special god-honoring musical performances.

Here's a screenshot, and yes it isn't flattering for her, although I really just paused it and captured it without that intent in mind. 

Screenshot2024-07-04at9_18_30AM.png.c6d2e1511432addf6ad7613b6dd161f2.png

It must be so exhausting for the rest of the congregation, having to sit through a service filled with showboating by Jill and the Rods every week.  No wonder they're forced to move along after just a short time.  Jill is such a bloodsucking attention seeker.

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim's not trying to look twenty years younger than he really is.

Or 20 lbs lighter.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13
  • LOL 2

Back to Tim for a sec. At the end of the race, the participants were offered a cold beer. Do we think Tim partook? 😀

Rods were busy with appearances. Sunday at one place, then a revival (in Richmond, I believe)Monday and Tuesday. I assume they're at Amy's now, and we should soon get pictures of their sad little parade. 

• Useful 6

I lasted a couple of years at a church with a Jill.  No one at the church could see through her or they made excuses for her, etc.  No one tried to do anything to get her to move along so I voted with my feet.  She quit speaking to me after I didn't go to the shower or send a gift for child 9, 10, or 11.  I lost count so I'm not sure which one it was.  

Jill is a certifiable attention monger showing off in the first row of the congregation every week, singing louder than everyone else, and generally puttig on a display.  I wonder how long until this congregation notices Jill swipes up as many leftovers as she can and never brings more than a dollar store bag of chips.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 15
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Back to Tim for a sec. At the end of the race, the participants were offered a cold beer. Do we think Tim partook? 😀

Rods were busy with appearances. Sunday at one place, then a revival (in Richmond, I believe)Monday and Tuesday. I assume they're at Amy's now, and we should soon get pictures of their sad little parade. 

I'm sure he didn't and tbh that is okay. 

• Like 15
29 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I lasted a couple of years at a church with a Jill.  No one at the church could see through her or made excuses for her, etc.  No one tried to do anything to get her to move along so I voted with my feet.  She quit speaking to me after I didn't go to the shower or send a gift for child 9, 10, or 11.  I lost count so I'm not sure which one it was.  

Jill is a certifiable attention monger showing off in the first row of the congregation every week, singing louder than everyone else, and generally putting on a display.  I wonder how long until this congregation notices Jill swipes up as many leftovers as she can and never brings more than a dollar store bag of chips.  

I hear ya. I agree, Jill's not likely to be among the most valued and respected members of the church they recently joined.

But just to be clear - the videos I mentioned, were taken at a church they visited on their road trip.

I believe she's also posted photos and perhaps videos taken at their new "home" church, and I doubt she's behaving any differently there. Sigh.

• Like 7

I bet the church is glad to get rid of Jill.  I wonder how the other congregants felt because Jill could afford to go to Nashville, the Dominican Republic, and Las Vegas. Still, she couldn't afford to give anything to the church financially or with her time (this is my opinion, not a known fact).  

• Like 13
32 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I bet the church is glad to get rid of Jill.  I wonder how the other congregants felt because Jill could afford to go to Nashville, the Dominican Republic, and Las Vegas. Still, she couldn't afford to give anything to the church financially or with her time (this is my opinion, not a known fact).  

I would love to know if they tithe.  I’m betting they don’t.

23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She looks like a braying donkey!

A315E5D2-CDFB-4378-953C-F016D26B5544.jpeg

Well, she IS an ass…

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The bag of chips is being generous. 😀

A bag of chips that has crumbs and 3-4 broken chips left, that Jill took from Dave’s lap when he fell asleep!

Jill did once supervise her kids bake fruit cakes as a thank you or something. Just once!

• Like 5
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm sure he didn't and tbh that is okay. 

I'm sure Tim declined a beer in favor of a coke or a bottle of water. The real sign of growth for him would be if he could do so wiithout getting all self-righteous and sitting in judgement on those who took a beer. I hope he's reached a point where he could.

• Like 21
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I would love to know if they tithe.  I’m betting they don’t.

Well, she IS an ass…

Jill constantly brags on how they are 'full time missionaries', so I am sure she and Dave don't tithe.  They expect other congregants to tithe generously to support them.

• Like 14
  • Angry 1
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh of course. Just wanted to out it out there that it was offered. 🙂

But someone probably got a soliloquy about God and alcohol rather than a simple “no thanks”.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Jill posts her look alike "babies". Sofia will be 9 next week and Janessa is 6. Sadly Sofia seems to not be growing much and instead of being friends with Sadie, who is 10. Sofia has been relegated to be baby Janessa's bff.

Screenshot (659).png

• Sad 18
(edited)
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill posts her look alike "babies". Sofia will be 9 next week and Janessa is 6. Sadly Sofia seems to not be growing much and instead of being friends with Sadie, who is 10. Sofia has been relegated to be baby Janessa's bff.

Screenshot (659).png

Sofia also clearly has some major dental issues.  Wonder if she's actually seen a dentist about it.  But not really.  Unless she can grift free dentistry, it ain't happenin'.  Especially not for Sofia, who seems to be the one one who gets the short end of the stick every time.

No surprise, Sofia got excluded from the zoo trip, while Janessa did 'good enough' in her school work to go.   I ache for Sofia and her poor, bruised heart.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Sad 17
  • Angry 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Is Sofia the one whose permanent teeth took an age to come in?

Yep, and based on that picture, they're still not all the way there.  Her lateral incisors seem to be missing and her bottom teeth don't seem to have erupted completely.  By 9, those things should be there.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Sad 11
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (659).png

Wow, Sofia looks like Carrie from Flowers in the Attic. 

• Sad 10
  • Angry 1
8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Sofia needs someone to actually care for her.   Not just trot her out for "content" and grifting.   

Honestly where is social services?   Surely this family is on their radar?

Jill has had 11 kids pass through 8 going on 9. Doesn't she even recognize that something is wrong with #12? 

Of course not. She's so hyper focused on Nurie and Nessie that the others are only noticed when it's time to trot them out for "praising." 🙄

• Sad 1
  • Angry 4
(edited)

Sophia's jaw has always looked misaligned to me. I wonder if that will affect her bite when she finally gets a mouth full of teeth. 

ETA: That poor child has never had a dress that actually fit her. Her shoes are probably the wrong size too. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Sad 9
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

I don’t know what she means by “lookalike “. Janessa and Sophia look nothing alike to me. 

I wondered about that too but decided she must be referring to their matching dresses. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm always surprised to find out that Snuggles is still alive. 

Did you see the picture of Tim with a pistol in his pants? One step forward, two back. 

When I look at Timothy, the last thing I want to do is checkout his crotch. 🤢

• LOL 6