Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I noticed on the flyer that Jill posted (copied above) about the tent revival that there were a couple of "Guest speakers" [preachers] shown, w/ photos, and then there was a pic of the Rodrigues family as a whole. Just "Special Music" by the Rod family. No reference to David as a preacher or speaker. IMO his preaching must be pretty mediocre, to not even get a passing nod on the revival flyer. 

If David prints those flyers, not having his name on them would burn. 

Why do I hope this is the case? 

• LOL 10

The church that’s sponsoring the tent revival rented an Air B&B for the Rods to stay in while they’re there.  The house has a large above ground pool.  The step ladder going into the pool was broken.  I betcha it wasn’t broken when they got there.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The church that’s sponsoring the tent revival rented an Air B&B for the Rods to stay in while they’re there.  The house has a large above ground pool.  The step ladder going into the pool was broken.  I betcha it wasn’t broken when they got there.

And of course they swam in their clothes. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
(edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 2:01 PM, Absolom said:

I wonder if Jill knows about this plant and the requirement to remove noxious weeds.

https://fox8.com/news/the-highly-poisonous-plant-spreading-throughout-ohio-how-to-recognize-and-get-rid-of-it/

I had some hemlock growing behind my house a couple years ago.  A guy mowing the neighbor's lawn saw it and let us know.  I live next to the railroad tracks and there is an easement behind my back fence that is my responsibility where it was growing.  There were about 4 houses in a row affected. I guess the stuff grows like crazy.  Anyway, we all hired someone to come out and treat it and kill it with non-toxic to humans and pets stuff and then I planted a bunch of grass over the area.  So far, so good; it hasn't come back.

In Jill's case, she'd probably use it as a focal point in her Graveyard Garden tableau.

Edited by Notabug
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill claimed that the RV took up too much parking space. Wanna bet that once they were told to leave the RV home that Jill found the Airbnb herself and made the church pay for it? That would be so Jill. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

WTF? Why would the church spend so much money on an Air B&B for them?

• Like 11

I bet the church is not inviting them back ever again. 

Even if someone donated the house airnb they still lost $.

Janessa had like multiple clothes to swim. It’s a drownings hazard!

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

I think they feel extremely bad for The Waifs.

• Like 8
On 5/25/2024 at 5:10 PM, wilsie said:

Jill practices willful ignorance a lot.

On 5/27/2024 at 1:10 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

In her latest radio sermon, Jill tells us we must be able to accept constructive criticism. Coming from the woman constantly screaming persecution, that's rich. 

Jill’s lack of self-awareness is outdone only by her eyeliner budget.

• LOL 19
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I hope the AirBnB has a good cleaning service.  I don't see them taking good care of someone else's property.

I don't see them taking good care of their own property. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_6798.jpeg

IMG_6797.jpeg

I guess it’s a good thing the other Rodlets don’t have social media. You never see Jill carrying on like this for any of them except Nurie. Makes you wonder if Janessa has delays and Jill enjoys keeping her as a baby.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, AstridM said:

Because, if they hadn't, Jill would've been all over them like white on rice complaining about the lack of accommodations online.  If she didn't pick out the Air BnB, I am sure she sent along a list of requests/demands to the church to be met when renting the place.  Despite the fact that her own kids are piled into the same room to sleep based on their sex, I am sure she insisted Princess Janessa be given her own room, preferably next to Jill's.  This is a kid who slept in a crib in an alcove in her parents' bedroom until she was more than 5 years old, she's extra special.

And having a swimming pool for Jill and the kids to clog the pump by wearing denim to swim is totally Jill.

I imagine Jill also sent along a grocery list so the church could get the fridge stocked before their arrival.

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
(edited)

Jill's little loving Mahmo post to Janessa contained no less than four similar pictures of the top of her daughter's head - during a church service.  I am betting Jill has the volume on her phone turned all the way up so each time she takes a photo, it makes that loud "CSSSHH" sound.

And if Janessa really does sign "I Love You" to Jill 20 times a day, then IMO she's not doing it because she wants to or because it actually means something, she's doing it because she's been indoctrinated to do so.  I'm certain Jill thinks it's sweet, but I find it culty.  

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I wonder if the church paid for the AirBNB so that the Rods would not  be on the church property ( and in people’s faces) 24:7? 

At what point does their reputation precede them and they stop getting invites to these revivals?  It seems like a fairly small circle, so people must know that they're going to get more than they bargained for when they sign up the Rods for a performance or two.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 16

Poor Janessa stuck in a hot tent, bored and listening to some guy yelling about the torments of hell to non-believers. That isn't a life for a little one. She should be outside playing, having fun or even at the zoo. Instead it is drilled in her head to listen or ELSE! 

• Sad 8
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I guess it’s a good thing the other Rodlets don’t have social media. You never see Jill carrying on like this for any of them except Nurie. Makes you wonder if Janessa has delays and Jill enjoys keeping her as a baby.

Without a doubt Janessa would have been unceremoniously dumped into the girls dorm if Mama's womb had been blessed to produced another baby.

Janessa seems a child that understands mama's game and her role as the baby. She is often heard in Jill's videos saying "show me, show me" or "point it at me".

I am thinking it might be hilarious when Janessa starts "hopping on" mama's fb to post things.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Poor Janessa stuck in a hot tent, bored and listening to some guy yelling about the torments of hell to non-believers. That isn't a life for a little one. She should be outside playing, having fun or even at the zoo. Instead it is drilled in her head to listen or ELSE! 

That isn’t a life for anyone, imho.

• Like 4
  • Applause 11
20 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder when it will stop being cute and adorable for Janessa to fall asleep in church.  I'm betting Jill wouldn't take kindly for any of her older kids to do it.

• Like 9

I know Jill has posted pics of Sofia falling asleep on david's lap in church and of Sadie, Sofia and Janessa sleeping in the pews during church.

When I was little my 3 sibs and I always tried to be the one sitting next to our dad in church. You could climb on his lap during the sermon and fall asleep because he always fell asleep. We always sat in the second row on the right and the pastor could certainly see from the pulpit our dad was sleeping, so there could be no punishment for us falling asleep.  (these were morning services and the sermons were maybe 20-25min)

• Like 4

How long are their usual church services? My parents wouldn’t have tolerated us falling asleep during mass, at any age.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

How long are their usual church services? My parents wouldn’t have tolerated us falling asleep during mass, at any age.

Some of the tent revival sermon videos were near an hour long and some days seemed to have music and multiple preachers. I think they are extremely long

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
52 minutes ago, AstridM said:

That isn’t a life for anyone, imho.

Growing up, I went to Catholic school and once a week we had mass. It was about an hour and that was a long time for the little ones! 

• Like 6
(edited)

Speaking of tasty, Gabriel's birthday was Sunday, and Jill had yet to acknowledge it. I think today is Dave's birthday, so Gabe's 18th may be overlooked. No cake or something ?☹️

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 7
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No cake or something ?☹️

I think you mean no half eaten cake from the potluck table or a pudding cup from the potluck with candles stuck in it while the fam sings in a hallway. (his last two birthdays)

Jill admitted his birthday "gets lost" while they are busy with their ministry to the lord each year. That is just so sad for any child.

• Sad 19
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think you mean no half eaten cake from the potluck table or a pudding cup from the potluck with candles stuck in it while the fam sings in a hallway. (his last two birthdays)

Jill admitted his birthday "gets lost" while they are busy with their ministry to the lord each year. That is just so sad for any child.

Not saying they have to go overboard, but why not a nice cake at home or in this case the place they are staying at? Maybe they could grill some hotdogs or something? 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Poor Gabriel probably couldn't even eat the pudding cup because there was a one-inch thick layer of candle wax on top.

If Jill's claim to fame is that she birthed eleventy-seven kids and still looks like a hot yet modest model from the 1981 JC Penney catalog, one would think she'd blast her kids' birthdays all over social media.  It probably depends on the kid and how many gifts they've given to her over their past year of life.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

So she posted a tribute to David overnight, a tribute to Janessa yesterday….several things about the revival the last few days.  Not one word about Gabriel. What did he do to rate being forgotten every year? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
24 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

So she posted a tribute to David overnight, a tribute to Janessa yesterday….several things about the revival the last few days.  Not one word about Gabriel. What did he do to rate being forgotten every year? 

This is especially egregious since it's his 18th birthday. I'm sure Jill has posted about her kids' 18th in the past. Poor Gabe. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Speaking of parents who over share their kids' lives...

Article

I saw that article earlier today. Never in a million years would it cross my  mind to post things like that about my son! Wowsa! 

• Like 3

I'm guessing Janessa is responding to intermittent reinforcement. Its like playing the lottery - occasional little wins and infrequent big wins keeps folks buying tickets. Janessa is likely more often than not ignored and/or scolded when following Jill around at home, but in public she is rewarded for it. In a couple of years Janessa will figure out when/where she's 'rewarded' and will keep to herself at home.

The other kids always seem like they're trying to read Jill and keep one step ahead of her, Janessa will get there too before we know it.

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_6798.jpeg

IMG_6797.jpeg

This just confirms my feeling that she has development delays and Jill is not admitting to the fact.  Janessa will be with her forever.

7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She should be going to public school and getting the extra help she needs.  Many programs for kids with delays run all year long.

• Like 11

At least, Janessa has her comfort rag firmly in her hand. Despite her mother's blathering, that unwashed rag is about as good as it's going to get for this poor kid. 

And Gabriel, not even a piece of stale cake this year? Someone on the food committee or Pastor Shoulder Massage should have remembered, even if BME was too busy tuning her cowbells. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 12
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

There will never be a word strong enough to declare how m

4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

That fucking bitch!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I'm not sure that she does favour her sons. They get attention for their religious ambition and for general "manliness" (ie climbing things and making nuisances of themselves) but the only thing I know about them as individuals is the Hungary and missionary pilot things (back before even Jill realized they weren't equipped for that). Being in a minister is clearly of the upmost importance to Jill. She goes on about "Pastor Nathan Keller" like he's got a doctorate of divinity and heads a megachurch, but we don't hear much about the boys outside of the sermonising. I don't think I've ever heard of a post enjoying time with the boys as much as she talks about all of her activities with her "girlies". 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 9:00 PM, ginger90 said:

IMG_6765.jpeg

.David already spoke on day 4. 

Why did they use a Rodriguii photo that is six (?) years old? I counted the kids. The babe in arms is Janessa, and not an in-law in sight. 

Edited by Heathen
Photo, not shoe. I should not snark-surf while multitasking at work.
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If Jill's claim to fame is that she birthed eleventy-seven kids and still looks like a hot yet modest model from the 1981 JC Penney catalog, one would think she'd blast her kids' birthdays all over social media.  It

Goodness no.   Then someone would figure out her real age.   No more mistaking her for "one of the girls."  

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
12 hours ago, Heathen said:

Why did they use a Rodriguii photo that is six (?) years old? I counted the kids. The babe in arms is Janessa, and not an in-law in sight. 

The tent revival ad has used the same Rod pic for at least the last 3 years. maybe more. Possibly they have not asked for a new pic or Jill has not provided one saying that one is fine to use again.

As far as the boys. Jill was stuck on the timothy being a missionary pilot and Phillip was so studious and was set on being a missionary to Hungary. Samuel has only ever been said to be good at building things and setting up the family circus sound system on the grift tour stops. I believe she mentioned quite a ways back about Gabriel being called to preaching.

• Useful 6
(edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 7:45 AM, crazy8s said:

I am thinking it might be hilarious when Janessa starts "hopping on" mama's fb to post things.

I remember Jill posting a message Janessa typed in Facebook or Instagram after she got a hold of Jill's phone once. Of course it was just gibberish that any toddler would type, but Jill crowed about Janessa's skills. Janessa will probably "hop on" before Tessie. I am actually surprised that we haven't started seeing posts from Tessie.

12 hours ago, satrunrose said:

...the only thing I know about them as individuals is the Hungary and missionary pilot things (back before even Jill realized they weren't equipped for that)...I don't think I've ever heard of a post enjoying time with the boys as much as she talks about all of her activities with her "girlies". 

Samuel likes woodworking, but I've got nothing else. Jill took a bike ride with just the boys once and posted about that. Probably stands as a potential single mom when she is out with the boys. When she is out with girls, they could be any ol' gal pals fellowshipping over coffee shop manicures. 

Edited by Triple P
  • Like 5

I wonder if Gabriel is the family scapegoat? Families with an unhealthy dynamic usually have at least one. Nurie is clearly the Golden Child. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2