Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

What??

No "Now let me explain" that brings attention to Jill??

Oh the irony of "We are states away from our RV", but are like 7hrs from the barndo. 😂

Jill in another new sleeveless top even though the family blog says

"The females in our family wear long skirts and modest blouses (meaning nothing sleeveless or too low) at all times. Scriptures to refer to WHY we dress this way are: Deuteronomy 22:5; (nakedness is described in Isaiah and thus describes what we SHOULD cover) – Isaiah 47:1-3"

Someone on Reddit checked frontier flights yesterday from DR to Orlando with connection in Philly. None cancelled or delayed. So the fiasco was probably created by Jill and Dave.

To get another vacation day? Or maybe they missed their flight? 

• Like 3

Wonder what she wrote in her Bible now.

OMG 🤬😱 my 🙋‍♂️patted down twice at the airport. he is an innocent 🐑. We feel SEVERELY persecuted by the evil airline. We are hungry and far from our RV. Oh and our PRECIOUS 👦👦👦👦👦👦👦👦👦👦. I forgot about them hehe. 

Now we stuck far away from home and need $$$. Please send $ via my app. 

Thanks Jill and my MAN!

• LOL 10
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Someone on Reddit checked frontier flights yesterday from DR to Orlando with connection in Philly. None cancelled or delayed. So the fiasco was probably created by Jill and Dave.

I can see them missing their domestic flight after going through customs.  The only time I flew internationally, I went through Philly and it was a haul going through customs, rechecking my bags, and getting to the gate.  And that was before TSA.  Someone like Jill who does not fly internationally can easily not give themselves enough time to make it through all the steps in between flights.  

• Like 10
  • Useful 6
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see them missing their domestic flight after going through customs.  The only time I flew internationally, I went through Philly and it was a haul going through customs, rechecking my bags, and getting to the gate.  And that was before TSA.  Someone like Jill who does not fly internationally can easily not give themselves enough time to make it through all the steps in between flights.  

When we had to switch planes in Miami on the way there and on the way home, we made sure we  had at least 3-4 hours in between just in case. If we got through everything fast, then we could relax and have a bite to eat. A few times, we were running to catch our next flight when we cut it too close with time. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see her not considering this because she’s a Christian American! She shouldn’t need to go through customs in AMERICA! /s

• LOL 15
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

When we had to switch planes in Miami on the way there and on the way home, we made sure we  had at least 3-4 hours in between just in case. If we got through everything fast, then we could relax and have a bite to eat. A few times, we were running to catch our next flight when we cut it too close with time. 

Three hours is the bare minimum of time to get through customs, check in again, TSA, and get to your gate.  All it takes is one little thing to go wrong, and you are not making your flight.  And so much can go wrong with a lot of factors not being your fault.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Three hours is the bare minimum of time to get through customs, check in again, TSA, and get to your gate.  All it takes is one little thing to go wrong, and you are not making your flight.  And so much can go wrong with a lot of factors not being your fault.  

This was back in the late 70s/early to mid 80s. When we landed in Miami on our way back, they usually took one look at us and waved us through.  I can only count a handful of times they looked in our luggage and we flew out every year. Today, I would want at least 4 -5 for reentering the states. At that time, when we got to DR, we never went thru customs. Family was there and being that my uncle was secretary of the armed forces, they let us go right passed them. 

When I landed in DR the last time in 2002, I went to the customs agent and told them my cousin was his boss (he ran immigration). He said you are his cousin? I said yes, I might not look it though. Plus, the driver sent to pick me up had already told them he was waiting for me. Normally family would wait for me, but we had delay after delay. The poor guy was there waiting for me for hours. I was exhausted. He bought me a beer on the way home and I drank it in the jeep. 

Oh and my luggage arrived the NEXT day! American Airlines -- bleh

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 7
45 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Someone like Jill who does not fly internationally can easily not give themselves enough time to make it through all the steps in between flights.  

I can also see, in Jill's mind, that no plane would ever dare persecute them so severely by leaving without them.

I also give 24 hours before she posts a diatribe against the airlines even though she said it was a long story.  Long stories where she is a victim is Jill's bread and butter.  She can also check Reddit, realize she forgot to say she missed her precious children, and amend it in a 14-paragraph Instagram post.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

This was back in the late 70s/early to mid 80s. They usually took one look at us and waved us through.  I can  only count a handful of times they looked in our luggage and we flew out every year. 

I've flown a lot internationally, and have never had a problem at customs although I expect to open at least one bag. Maybe Jill and David fit the profiles for smugglers or smug-glers. David's pocket stash of off-center smiley tracts may not be the flex he thinks it is.

David's pat downs would be done by a male agent. TSA is careful not to invite trouble. I got patted down once because after standing in line for a long time, I couldn't get through the metal detector because of my artificial hip. I decided not to go and stand in a different line that had an x-ray machine, so I had to wait for a female agent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I've flown a lot internationally, and have never had a problem at customs although I expect to open at least one bag. Maybe Jill and David fit the profiles for smugglers or smug-glers. David's pocket stash of off-center smiley tracts may not be the flex he thinks it is.

David's pat downs would be done by a male agent. TSA is careful not to invite trouble. I got patted down once because after standing in line for a long time, I couldn't get through the metal detector because of my artificial hip. I decided not to go and stand in a different line that had an x-ray machine, so I had to wait for a female agent.

Too bad, but I get it. 

Yes, Rod smugglers!!!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Jill does not strike me as a punctual person 

I don't think she as bad as "Duggar Time" but she is not someone showing up anywhere 20 minutes early.  I can also see her not understanding airline time.  A 12:40 flight does not mean be at the gate by 12:35 and you will get on the plane.  Jill would be "David it's only 12:28, I have time to go and check out this shop."

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

It always makes me laugh when these "the government can't take away my rights" types fly and have to do exactly what the gov via TSA tells them.

You still have to take off your shoes, empty your pockets, submit to pat downs, declare things in customs just like everyone else.

I get subjected to the checks nearly every time I fly. It is always the same thing. Right collarbone. No idea why. It was broken when I was a child, but has no metal or anything. My back has a bunch of metal parts and that is never an issue. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Useful 4

I can see where Jill might get a pat down based on the copious amounts of cheap metal jewelry she wears.  But Dave?  There's no metal on him, including money.

Maybe they were running late and Dave tried to bribe a TSA agent to cut in front of the line in exchange for a smiley tract.

Come on, Jill - spill the tea.  We know you want to.

• LOL 10
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It doesn't even look like the same person. 

FB_IMG_1708521902393.jpg.a7ef2e1ea529adb0087402098a0fc83c.jpg

Games to play:

1) Identify which is the real photo and which is the AI fake.

2) Decide which is the "before" and which is the "after."

3) Guess which Plexus product caused the remarkable transformation. (Neither is an option.)

4) Name the remarkable one-size-fits-all stretch fabric in the dress and shirt.

5) Speculate which photo has been sent to an internet dating site.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I can also see, in Jill's mind, that no plane would ever dare persecute them so severely by leaving without them.

I also give 24 hours before she posts a diatribe against the airlines even though she said it was a long story.  Long stories where she is a victim is Jill's bread and butter.  She can also check Reddit, realize she forgot to say she missed her precious children, and amend it in a 14-paragraph Instagram post.

Yeah, she cares more about being "many states away" from the RV. What about your KIDS, Jill? 

• Like 8

Holy crap Batman.   Just found out some of my family might be planning a trip to Punta Cana in the summer.    I was invited to go.    Plans have not been finalized but……is this 

maybe I should start my gofundme page now or try to get you all to send me grift money for my vacation.

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, she cares more about being "many states away" from the RV. What about your KIDS, Jill? 

She doesn’t give a crap about her 13 blessings. They are just proof that she’s fertile. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
54 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She doesn’t give a crap about her 13 blessings. They are just proof that she’s fertile. 

God thinks she's superior to the rest of us 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

God thinks she's superior to the rest of us 

not sure about God, but jill damn well believes that is the truth.

It's probably scribbled in her bible notes. "god loves me more"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Holy crap Batman.   Just found out some of my family might be planning a trip to Punta Cana in the summer.    I was invited to go.    Plans have not been finalized but……is this 

maybe I should start my gofundme page now or try to get you all to send me grift money for my vacation.

Please start now. You will need extra money for sweat blouses and baseball bonnets. You might even have enough to buy a bucket Sun hat just like JillPM!

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
49 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Well she thinks that God is good TO HER, so that tracks. 

• Like 3
On 2/19/2024 at 4:15 PM, ginger90 said:

792E0308-A79D-4787-A5D3-A305C128D930.jpeg

What a JOY to treat my husband to a day on - The Lakes - a professional golf course!  😊  We had a great time together.  I soaked in some sun while on the cart and searched for balls for David.  It was cozy.  😉❤️

On 2/20/2024 at 7:55 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Look at DBD on his phone rather than enjoying God's creation. 😂

Compress_20240220_165320_0829.jpg

She looks so much better without all the makeup.

Dave has a weird golf stance.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
12 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Dave has a weird golf stance.

Dave is not a golfer, his swing was like he was trying to hit a baseball. no wonder Jill had to go looking for his balls...

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

Also in all her posts while in DR she mentioned her kids 0 times. Not even something like this:

David and I enjoyed our once a year vacation without our children. Thanks Plexus for our dream vacation! But we miss our children very much and can’t wait to see them in a few days! Mommy and daddy love you very much and will see you soon! 

I mean nothing. They are human incubators.

• Sad 10

She did mention her kids. Once. But even stuck at the airport she was more concerned about how far she was from the RV. 

Our last night. We fly back to the States tomorrow. I will miss this tropical paradise that I got to spend with my beloved husband and my wonderful company - Plexus! Yet, I am ready to be with my babies again. I miss them SO much!

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)

That was a weird thing to say, even for Jill - they are "states away from their RV."  Huh?  The RV?  You mean the small shipping container on wheels where your kids are probably sleeping?  "States away from our CHILDREN" would've been so easy to say.  I think that as far as the Rodlets are concerned, for Jill they are "out of sight, out of mind," whereas most people would be shopping for little trinkets to bring home to their kids to let them know that mom and dad were thinking about them while they were away.  Heck, I buy my daughter's dog a little toy whenever we travel (which is 1/8th the amount of time that Jill and Hubby take off on vacation).

So now I guess it's safe to assume that Jill is at Nurthan's house screeching about how WONDERFUL their trip was - the delicious food, the dolphins, the beach, the bowling, oh the FOOD!!! - to the assembled Rodlets and a pregnant and probably exhausted Nurie.  And poor Nathan - hopefully he donated enough plasma to assume the cost of feeding Nurie's siblings and taking his in-laws out for dinner multiple times.

TL;DR  Jill sucks.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 7

Not to defend JillR, because, ugh, but I took it as they were stranded between two places, the closest being their home, but their ride was even farther away.

I hope this vacation, a nice vacation by most, ruins some of her grifting opportunities. But then again if Jill is punished, so are the kids.

I hope if there is a hell, the devil has a very special spot for Jill.

• Applause 14
40 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill will claim that they left 1000 tracts and let 66 souls to Jesus. Soul winning on vacation that God/Plexus so graciously provided to his favorite person JillPM. 

🙄🙄🙄

this is how that went:

Jill to Catholic employee of resort:

"do you know Jesus?"

"uh, yeah?"

"But  have you  ACCEPTED Him as your Lord and Saviour?"

"uh, yeah?"

I saw that Josie Bates had her 3rd baby.  Is she still in the cult? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I hope the kids enjoyed THEIR vacation away from Jill. They had time to relax, EAT, and didn’t have a camera trained on them at all times!  It was probably the best vacation they’ve had. 

• Like 13
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill will claim that they left 1000 tracts and let 66 souls to Jesus. Soul winning on vacation that God/Plexus so graciously provided to his favorite person JillPM. 

🙄🙄🙄

The things people have to do for tips from creepy Americans.🙄

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The things people have to do for tips from creepy Americans.🙄

Or to keep their jobs. Poverty is bad out there and making nice means a full belly and a roof over your head. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

I hope the kids enjoyed THEIR vacation away from Jill. They had time to relax, EAT, and didn’t have a camera trained on them at all times!  It was probably the best vacation they’ve had. 

I have wondered about this.  Do the Rodlets enjoy their time away from Jill for the above reasons?  Or has she made herself so firmly the center of their universe that they feel lost without her making all of their decisions for them?  Do they even understand the concept of being able to "relax?"  For their sakes I hope so, but I doubt it.  I don't think they're able to grasp the meaning of "when the cat's away, the mice will play."

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s creepy how right after I said the above, she posted this.

I guess safety for the baby is not a concern, or is it just me?

screenshot from a video:

2A46A04B-318F-4CD9-8855-4A6C62824380.jpeg

I think Gid is safe. He can't get out of that thing. I don't think he's even crawling yet. Yeah, the saw us right there, but far enough away, I think.

• Like 7
On 2/22/2024 at 9:55 AM, mythoughtis said:

Did choosing Frontier dictate the days they flew on?  If, there’s the explanation for the extra day.      
If Dave got patted down twice, does that mean they entered security lines twice?   There are random checks, but there are also checks because something gets the attention of the agents.  Knowing these two, they objected to Jill being touched by a male agent, overemphasized their religious beliefs, etc.  Fanaticism of anything is going to get you noticed

They would've passed through DR security at the airport in Punta Cana.  Then, they would've had to go through US customs wherever they landed in the US.  You have to go through the security check again in the US after clearing customs.  If he got patted down, it is probably because he was wearing a belt, had change or keys in his pocket or otherwise didn't follow the rules and triggered the metal detector.

• Like 6
(edited)

Gideon's safety - It is more the chance of a piece of splintered flying wood hitting him than him being able to reach something.

As someone who once had a small splinter of wood removed from their eye, it is quite painful.

Jonathan should also be wearing safety glasses, but that won't ever happen. ☹️

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
On 2/22/2024 at 9:55 AM, mythoughtis said:

Did choosing Frontier dictate the days they flew on?  If, there’s the explanation for the extra day.      

Then why choose Frontier?  Surely the fare wasn't $500 cheaper than anyone else.  They flew from Orlando and there would've been several options.

I suspect their flight from the DR to the US was late in leaving and, being idiots, they didn't allow enough time to clear customs and get to the gate to make their connection.  And Jill blames Frontier for the whole snafu.

• Like 13
Just now, Notabug said:

Then why choose Frontier?  Surely the fare wasn't $500 cheaper than anyone else.  They flew from Orlando and there would've been several options.

I suspect their flight from the DR to the US was late in leaving and, being idiots, they didn't allow enough time to clear customs and get to the gate to make their connection.  And Jill blames Frontier for the whole snafu.

Oh I agree on all of this. I doubt they investigated all the flights when booking the trip.  They probably went with the discount airline and just accepted the dates and times  of travel without any thought to 1) did they actually save enough on the flights to make the cost of an extra night reasonable or 2) was the  layover long enough. This one is especially bad because people mentioned Dave has flown internationally before and should know about the return process. 

• Like 7
On 2/22/2024 at 3:33 PM, crazy8s said:

I think Jill thinks she is God.  She seems to be more judgmental than God is.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Gideon's safety - It is more the chance of a piece of splintered flying wood hitting him than him being able to reach something.

As someone who once had a small splinter of wood removed from their eye, it is quite painful.

Jonathan should also be wearing safety glasses, but that won't ever happen. ☹️

Oh no, I didn't even think of projectiles! Keep him inside, Kaylee. Or put him in the back yard (if there is one) if you want him to get some sun. 

• Like 5
On 2/21/2024 at 5:35 PM, Westiepeach said:

What bothers me a lot is how she thinks Jesus loves her the most and is sooooo good to her. Only her. I tend to work hard and, you know, earn my way instead of grifting my way through life. So I guess Jesus doesn’t love me as much as JillDo. Silly me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

This is why I have come to loathe Jill! She thinks she is so much better than any of us and God is SO good to her but she never, ever tells us how good God is to others!

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4

Pictures and video with this post were Jill, David, Nurie and Nathan out to eat.

Home sweet home.....to our RV in Florida.  ❤️ David and I were so exhausted, that we crashed and slept for 4 hours before we had the energy to see the children and give them their souvenirs.  🤪  We are SO glad to be finally safely back. 

We head to our next church tomorrow. 😊

Before we left for Punta Cana, we enjoyed going on a double date with Nathan and Nurie in John's Pass in St. Petersburg, FL.  We love spending quality time with them when we are in Florida.  😁🥰  They are doing SO much for Christ and bring our hearts GREAT joy!  👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 5