Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

At least she's not using Kelly Bates's excuse for going on the ski trip because she need to cook for them.

Speaking of dogs what happened to Tim's dog?

There was a picture posted here recently of Tim at his "new" house, and his dog was there.  Tim was giving the dog a big hug.  It appeared that the dog is getting attention and love.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
33 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

There was a picture posted here recently of Tim at his "new" house, and his dog was there.  Tim was giving the dog a big hug.  It appeared that the dog is getting attention and love.

I thought I saw the dog too. I'm glad to hear that. I wonder if Heidi is a dog lover? 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
30 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought I saw the dog too. I'm glad to hear that. I wonder if Heidi is a dog lover? 

I think I saw a picture of her at her house with a small dog in her lap.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Heidi got dog themed presents for Xmas so I would think yes she likes dogs 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Heidi got dog themed presents for Xmas so I would think yes she likes dogs 

He might have always loved dogs but the Rods seem to treat animals as toys they get bored with. He might have realized that it is okay to love dogs. 

• Like 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She’s responsible for the fact Samuel is graduating. Best homeschooling mom ever.

Come to think of it, David didn’t really need to go, either. Those “kids” are mostly in their 20s.

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Because Samuel invited Hanna-and Hannah couldn’t go without Mom 

Why? She doesn’t even trust David with his own daughter? 😳 And why is Samuel suddenly “graduating” at the beginning of February?

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1

Someone on FJ identified the ski area as being pretty close to the barndo. So close they could drive there, ski, and drive home in one day. There was no need to stay in a hotel other than Jill's selfish desire to clog up another pool. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Someone on FJ identified the ski area as being pretty close to the barndo. So close they could drive there, ski, and drive home in one day. There was no need to stay in a hotel other than Jill's selfish desire to clog up another pool. 

I think Jill hates her house. Plus maybe Tim paid for the hotel. I doubt DaddyRod paid for anything on the senior trip.

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Especially the lunch! DBD was carb loading like a madman.

I wondered if he was aiming for the least healthy items on the menu as his guide.  

• LOL 7
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

That's good. I was hoping Tim would be better to his dog then his family has been. Dogs give unconditional love something Tim's never had.

• Like 4
  • Love 11

My guess is that these two are not "trying for the next baby" but simply not using any birth control and don't know how to look at the calendar each month for non fertile weeks. They simply just don't know what they are doing.

• Like 22
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill confirms at 2:50 that she and DBD are going to Punta Cana.

I won't be a bit surprised if Jill and Hunk get to Punta Canta. Jill's been playing games with us.

She bragged about the cruise trip to the point of photoshopping pictures and documents to make it seem as if she were going. Suddenly, at the last minute, she had a mysterious illness or whatever as an excuse. Jill couldn't afford the cruise but enjoyed stringing everyone along. Still, she was probably embarrassed by the blowback she received for blatantly misleading people. 

She's said very little about Punta Cana, almost to the point of seeming uninterested. At Sam's graduation trip, she even mentioned a SEVERELY TORN knee and SHOULDER, two unbandaged red herrings. 

Jill and Hunk will drive the van with some of the kids to Florida, drop them off with Nurie, and fly to the DR from Florida, a much cheaper trip than from Ohio.

Jill and David will have to swim at night, like they did in Texas, because of the scandalous bathing attire heathens wear, and there will be demon alcohol all around them. Jill will be screeching a lot of godly music to protect her and Hunk from the evil influences. Still, Plexus has been very, very, good to them. 

Jill very much wants to give her doubters a badly manicured middle finger, but, instead, we'll get great photos of her and Hunk wearing the latest in godly resort wear and drinking NON-alcoholic drinks with tiny paper umbrellas at the many, many buffets they'll hit. 

• Like 11
41 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and Hunk will drive the van with some of the kids to Florida, drop them off with Nurie, and fly to the DR from Florida, a much cheaper trip than from Ohio.

How much cheaper when you take the RV’s gas into account?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Using the van would necessitate hotel stays. The RV may actually be cheaper for the amount of time they spend there.

Not if they drive straight through; they should have enough drivers that it's not a problem, assuming all the unmarrieds come.

• Like 7
Just now, Fosca said:

Not if they drive straight through; they should have enough drivers that it's not a problem, assuming all the unmarrieds come.

But they stay down there for weeks. That's what I was talking about.

• Like 4

The lovebirds would have more fun (and could save on gas and food) if they dump their brood on Kaylee. Let KayJon feed and entertain them! Then they could have Nurie and their dear, dear grandsons (that make Jill's heart burst with love) all to themselves before and after the Plexus trip. 

• LOL 8
(edited)
25 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

The lovebirds would have more fun (and could save on gas and food) if they dump their brood on Kaylee. Let KayJon feed and entertain them! Then they could have Nurie and their dear, dear grandsons (that make Jill's heart burst with love) all to themselves before and after the Plexus trip. 

They’ll be making appearances probably on the way, and while they are there, and perhaps on the way back too. Can’t SEVERELY disappoint ALL of those people!!

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 11
53 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

And Jill has enough adult children or close enough to adult children to leave the brood at home for a week.  The parentification boat set sail twenty years ago now, no need to pretend the other Not Nurie whose name is escaping me at the moment can't take care of her sisters for a few days, and Philip, Tim, and Sammers can handle the other boys (are there other boys, I really can't keep track of all of Jill's brood nor do I want to take the time to actually research it).

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I wonder what body part will be "severely" injured when she earns the invitation to the next cruise.  She hasn't shown or posted about the ebike for a while.  I wonder if she injured her shoulder falling off the bike.  (I injured my shoulder slipping on a Tatter Tot in the school cafeteria.  It was fun explaining that to Workers Comp. )

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Not sure why the “kids” need to be dumped on anyone. Several of them are now in their 20s.

• Like 8

I see the logic of Jill and Hunk's going to the DR. 

Why go into debt buying a pantry full of Plexus products every month to earn company points if you aren't willing to go into even more debt to use those points to go on the company trips?

Anyway, Jill is still embarrassed or pissed (maybe both) that she didn't get to take the BIG cruise. Going to an island resort will help soothe her bruised ego. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I wonder what it will be like for her when she realizes she is not the most successful one ?  Or being a boat with people with nicer things than she has.    Cause there is no good escape 

• Like 10
23 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill’s singing the plexus song was cringe. And she sure loves unique hats lol. Lady has no taste in clothes…

Oh Lord, there's a SONG for Plexus? What is this world coming to. . . 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Should I clue in my cousin who is in charge (or was) of immigration (secretary of immigration) to not let them in? If he can't do it, he knows someone who could. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder what it will be like for her when she realizes she is not the most successful one ?  Or being a boat with people with nicer things than she has.    Cause there is no good escape 

Well, they are on a boat 🤷‍♀️.  Maybe she can try to meet Captain Stubing.

Edited by sixlets
It's been one of those days...
  • LOL 10
(edited)
2 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Well, they are on a boat 🤷‍♀️.  Maybe she try to meet Captain Stubing.

It isn't a cruise this time. It's an inclusive resort.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Should I clue in my cousin who is in charge (or was) of immigration (secretary of immigration) to not let them in? If he can't do it, he knows someone who could. 

Yeah where did they get the $$$ fur passports ?

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Yeah where did they get the $$$ fur passports ?

Davey probably still has his from the African missioncation he took with Nurie. And maybe Jill had gotten hers then too. Or they used food money to pay for hers (as evidenced by the near-empty pantry).  

• Sad 9
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I see they roped Jonathan into being free labor. 

Is Gideon walking? Is he going to be a big brother? Mmmm... 

Or... Kaylee is pulling a JillR and he's there only for the photo.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 4
On 1/27/2024 at 7:46 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill would never use the word "boob." 

That said I have no idea what she calls her bras.

My mind went IMMEDIATELY to  "Carrie" and "Dirtypillows" 

• LOL 14