Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill has a staff to do that kind of work. Her job is to enjoy her highly decorated space. 

I thought about that when I watched the video (with the sound off). Those surfaces crowded with stuff, appeared to not be at all dusty. I SEVERELY doubt that Jill's own fingers did the dusting. Just saying.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 12
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

What is a plexus commission account??? 

Commission is what salesman get paid on sales  that they make.   So the account would have their earnings, minus their charges at plexus( product, supplies, fees, etc).  My assumption is that Jill pays taxes herself as a 1099 contractor.  Plexus probably doesn’t withhold them for her.  I would also guess that  she can transfer money from it into her bank account as long as she leaves a certain amount in it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 3

I got called out elsewhere for saying those little toys the girls were playing with are crappy. My son  had a bin with odd little toys and he did play with them, the difference is he had actual toys. 

One can say the girls/kids have clothes and shoes, but ill fitting, poor worn and inappropriate. Shoes that are too big, or flip flops when it is cold. One can say they eat, but not enough, or its Jill's awful slop and when they do go out it is pizza and McDonald's, they need nourishing meals. They never seem to have anything good enough it is always "eh, they have shoes on". It is as if no one cares to give them anything good. Shouldn't you want the best you are able to give your children? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 12
  • Applause 3

Having formerly worked for an evangelical church that had a slogan/chant of "God is Good All the time! All the time God is Good!"  this saying aggravates me to no end.

God is Soooo good to mama and daddy the have eleventy nice soft pillows on their bed, get to take trips, have date nights etc.

My question is would their god not be good if they had no pillows, no portable ac, no tv hiding behind a tapestry?? Is their god better now, or love them more now, since he "provided" a nice home than when they were all crammed in the rv for a year or two?? (jill would say rewarded for their faithfulness here)

Why is their God not equally SO good to their children who are crammed into small bedrooms with maybe 1 old pillow, scratched and mismatched furniture, wear shoes and clothing that are worn and don't fit, have lack of education and any and all curiosity systematically disciplined out of them?

As for the growth climbing a mountain image. I noticed there is no space for "be prayerful for god's direction and calling for your life". What if climbing the growth mountain goes against what god has planned for you? Like does Jill sob on the floor in prayer to see if god wants her to achieve Ruby in the Plexus mlm scheme??

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 15
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I found some "packing cubes" at TJ Maxx a while back for $7.99.  And I didn't have to sell $4,586.25 worth of vile pink sludge to get them.

Honestly, why is Jill even going on this cruise? (I know the answer - for social media content, Plexus status and perhaps an impromptu solo warbling concert from atop the Lido Deck).  But she's going to either be confined to her cabin in order to keep Hunk's eyes from straying, or she's going to be roaming around with the great unwashed, judging every single one of them for daring to wear a bathing suit, or shorts, or tank tops without a modesty shirt, etc.  She's definitely NOT going to have fun...unless being holier-than-thou is her definition of fun.

Hopefully Jonathan will be able to Door Dash some food to the Rodlets while Mahmo and Big Daddy are dipping first at the breakfast buffet.

I sadly watched the video this morning.  What a bunch of clutter.  Just because there's an empty square foot of space does not mean it needs something on it.  

For someone so modest, I find it interesting that she's showing us her and Dave's "haven."  Yuck.

Re your last sentence...does Jill want us to imagine her and HUNK doing the dirty deed?  🤮

Sorry for the mental picture!  All KINDS of SEVERE yucka-ducka.  🤮🤮

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 6

I find it very sad that Jill can actually brag about , and post pictures of, some packing cubes that can be purchased on Amazon for $15.  And there are packing cubes, and there are packing cubes.  Those looked very cheap.  MLMs don't give things for free.  She had to spend herself (and sucker people into spending) a lot of money for that "prize".  Shopping on Amazon costs a lot less than she spent on these.  In reality, she really must not have much that makes her happy in her life.

• Like 18
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And I don't think she truly appreciates what she does have.

I think she lives and thinks on the surface.  She thinks she deserves and gets everything she has because of her beliefs … and that people who don’t have what she has just don’t have enough faith.   It would never occur to her that faithful people live in Lahaina or the Big Bend and have lost everything.  And will be years  or decades getting their homes and lives  back. 
It’s also never going to occur to her that her children have the same faith she has but will never have what she has because they have a limited education and poor social skills with people who aren’t like them.   You have to prepare your children to live their lives.  She doesn’t 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 22

Regarding that picture Jill posted of herself on the crapper in the bathroom recording her Minute With Jill or whatever it's called, she stated that she's been doing this gig for several years and it's for a radio station?  Does she get paid for that, I wonder?

She also said that she records in the potty because it's the quietest room in the house...please tell me how, with a family of 10? 12? can the bathroom be the quietest room in the house?  What if someone has to - you know what, never mind.  I think I've asked enough disturbing questions for now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding that picture Jill posted of herself on the crapper in the bathroom recording her Minute With Jill or whatever it's called, she stated that she's been doing this gig for several years and it's for a radio station?  Does she get paid for that, I wonder?

She also said that she records in the potty because it's the quietest room in the house...please tell me how, with a family of 10? 12? can the bathroom be the quietest room in the house?  What if someone has to - you know what, never mind.  I think I've asked enough disturbing questions for now.

there is always the RV. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

That's JILL'S bathroom. I doubt the kids are allowed in there. 

She's had the radio gig for several years. The station is located in WV. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It is a listener supported station so I don't think she gets paid. Her Make your Life Count is on WVGV saturday2:30-2:40pm and sunday 2-2:10pm.

There used to be an old blog post where she talked about recording 52 weeks of this drivel all at once, but I think it has been removed.

I wonder though if she throws in a plea for direct donations for the traveling ministry and print shop anywhere in her weekly time.

Edited by crazy8s
added thought on the grift opportunity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why are her rugs under her furniture?

I can’t speak for Jill. I have small rugs under my glider rockers  to protect the hardwood  floor underneath from scratches.  Most of my stationary furniture have the felt pads on the feet  to do the same thing. Those also make furniture easy to slide. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

In her peaceful morning video I spy Janessa on the couch near mama's bible. Never moved or made a sound.

I also spy a nice, new window ac unit to the left of the map. Hunk and Mama need to be comfortable in their recliners watching the map or filming devotions, children playing church and all.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'd hate to see HUNK'S feet.  He's probably the type that would take his shoes off, on an airplane.  P U!🤮

There used to be a guy who came to the library and would take his shoes off and get comfortable… his feet STUNK so bad. 

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The picture on the right is part of a video panning the living room.

9920C9A5-5EA2-4427-8DAD-D25132EAC8D8.jpeg

Sweet time with Jesus AND ALL MY STUFFFFFFFFFFFFF THAT I HAVE BECAUSE JESUS LOVES ME BEST!!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is a hoarder. Her house is stuffed full of her precious things. 

And her kids, too.  She has filled every inch of her house that is not covered in Hobby Lobby vomit ... with her kids.  She probably takes better care of her Live Laugh Love signs than any one of the kids. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

And her kids, too.  She has filled every inch of her house that is not covered in Hobby Lobby vomit ... with her kids.  She probably takes better care of her Live Laugh Love signs than any one of the kids. 

IMG_8691.jpeg

• LOL 9

Perhaps someone mentioned in passing that her feet were her best feature?  Lord Daniel only knows it's not her countenance.  Everything that comes out of her mouth is bat-shit crazy, and her makeup belongs in an early 80s music video.  And, Jill, what makes you think people want to see your bedroom?  Some things are meant to be private and not blasted on the internet.  I just can't with this woman...

• Like 17