Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I thought of Jill this morning as I received an alert for a church service on Youtube.  I noted YT has new emoticons...nice cute ones for Pride Month.   image.png.f5e1b2848ce501c4f775e0bb31b13a78.png image.png.04e5bb15e2f81e4af353ef76c5de6106.pngimage.png.c34ec26aa0f707e13ccccd4b32c0ab64.png   

Jill’s next boycott? 🤞 

• LOL 18
3 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I thought of Jill this morning as I received an alert for a church service on Youtube.  I noted YT has new emoticons...nice cute ones for Pride Month.   image.png.f5e1b2848ce501c4f775e0bb31b13a78.png image.png.04e5bb15e2f81e4af353ef76c5de6106.pngimage.png.c34ec26aa0f707e13ccccd4b32c0ab64.png   

Jill’s head is spinning around and she is spewing plexus or her head exploded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 9
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s next boycott? 🤞 

Nah. Jill is a regular user of Youtube. She has several personal and family videos posted. Timothy has a channel that Jill totally runs. Remember the badly done video she put up to launch Tim's singing career?

Jill will accept and invitation to a restaurant that sells demon alcohol that no one should even look at as long as someone else is picking up the check. She has no shame. 

In other words, Jill's rules are for other people. Jill does what Jill wants. 

• Like 22
(edited)
27 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Looking at that chart it's quite clear to me that it's a Ponzi scheme.

Yup. The scale of the y-axis is messed up. The highest earners make almost 1000x what the lowest earners make. But the bar graph makes it look like about 2.5 times as much. Lying with graphs, so much fun. 😀

Edited by scriggle
  • Like 10
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
7 minutes ago, scriggle said:

That certificate is dated 2020. Why is she posting something that's 3 years old?

I posted it on my own. Jill is going to the convention this week so I was curious to see what she makes selling plexus.

• Like 5
(edited)

A super sleuth on FJ has found Timbit's house. It's another fixer upper, although the kitchen looks improved. It's in the town of Lakeville, deep in Amish country, about 15 miles from BME. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 8
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A super sleuth on FJ has found Timbit's house. It's another fixer upper, although the kitchen looks improved. It's in the town of Lakeville, deep in Amish country, about 15 miles from BME. 

Any idea where he works?

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

$23,000 a year. She doesn’t even make $2000 a month. And after taxes and buying her stash of plexus what’s left as profit??? 

Very little.   If she worked a real job at $17/hr for 40 hours a week, she would make more than that.   

Speaking of taxes, does Jill realize that with the kids becoming adults, she have fewer little tax deductions each year?   That's the other thing that is going to hit home in a big way in a few years when she and DBD no longer can trot out waifs on the grift tour, they won't get as a big of a refund to pay for all their vacations.   I see a very sad retirement for these two.

• Like 14
  • Useful 2

Timothy's house appears to have been recently redone. All ready for mama to swoop in and make it "homey". Giant pic of tim and heidi will certainly be on the wall.

Built in 1940. Sold 10/22 for $43,000 - sold may 31 2023 for $140,000

2 bed/1 bath - 1 1/2 acres of property. No garage and it is really, really close to the road. Listing states a new metal roof could be added for an additional $5,000. Hope Tim went for that, the roof is in sad shape.

• Like 1
  • Useful 10

Minimum wage in Ohio is $10 an hour. If Jill worked full-time at minimum wage her take home pay would be around $18,000. But I'm guessing Jill works maybe 20 hours a week on Plexus, so at this point Jill is likely making $20/hr.  But when deducting the cost of products she might be back closer to $10/hr. I highly doubt the IRS knows Jill sells Plexus.

Jill has been selling herself and her family for years, so her making it to Gold makes sense.

Does anyone know when she started selling Plexus?

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill has been selling herself and her family for years, so her making it to Gold makes sense.

Jill did an insane Welcome to my Plexus team video in 2016. Her team is named The Sparkling Jewels of Faith.

Best Jillism in the video - jill hopes you reach your health goals and maybe your financial goals, if you want to pursue the business part of Plexus so "why not shoot two birds with one stone and do both"   😂

In an August 2017 blog post she says she has been with plexus for about a year.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3323

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 6

Is Timcel allowed to have a mortgage?  And what company would give him one.  If he had a nice down payment and qualified, I am impressed.  My child with a PhD and superior employment history is having trouble purchasing.  I guess he made some cash selling his lawn service equipment.  Well, good for Tim, he will be 15 miles away.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Minimum wage in Ohio is $10 an hour. If Jill worked full-time at minimum wage her take home pay would be around $18,000. But I'm guessing Jill works maybe 20 hours a week on Plexus, so at this point Jill is likely making $20/hr.  But when deducting the cost of products she might be back closer to $10/hr. I highly doubt the IRS knows Jill sells Plexus.

If the IRS doesn’t know, when they find out she’s going to owe a LOT in back self employment taxes. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, AstridM said:

If the IRS doesn’t know, when they find out she’s going to owe a LOT in back self employment taxes. 

I wonder if they actually would though. What is their yearly on-the-books income besides Plexus? Maybe this slip in right near the cut-off.

"Income requirements for filing a tax return ; Married, filing jointly. $25,900 if both spouses are under age 65."

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill did an insane Welcome to my Plexus team video in 2016. Her team is named The Sparkling Jewels of Faith.

Best Jillism in the video - jill hopes you reach your health goals and maybe your financial goals, if you want to pursue the business part of Plexus so "why not shoot two birds with one stone and do both"   😂

In an August 2017 blog post she says she has been with plexus for about a year.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3323

That reminds of an Jillism. When Nurie and Nathan joined her downline, Jill said they joined because they both had some health goals to overcome.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if they actually would though. What is their yearly on-the-books income besides Plexus? Maybe this slip in right near the cut-off.

"Income requirements for filing a tax return ; Married, filing jointly. $25,900 if both spouses are under age 65."

I think it still has to be reported. 

You have to file an income tax return if your net earnings from self-employment were $400 or more. If your net earnings from self-employment were less than $400, you still have to file an income tax return if you meet any other filing requirement listed in the Form 1040 and 1040-SR instructionsPDF.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/self-employed-individuals-tax-center

• Useful 1

Plexus sure is hell is reporting to the IRS what they pay out.   Also, no tax refunds for all the little tax deductions if you don't file.

It is HIGHLY possible that at their income level and with their deductions (mortgage and kids), plus the fact that DBD has a "ministry" income has a different tax structure, her failure to pay self-employment tax doesn't overcome what they get back.   

Not a CPA -- just from my own taxes and being a family law attorney for low income folks.

• Like 6
  • Useful 5

The ministry clearinghouse the Rods belongs to has a tax preparation service. I assume Jill and David use it since filling out tax forms themselves would be work and probably above their abilities. Plexus sends a 1099, so the IRS knows what Jill earns. (I just googled the Plexus information.)

The cash tips they make for singing in the churches probably should be reported too, but it's highly unlikely they are unless the clearinghouse tax preparers insist. 

On the positive side for the Rods, they don't pay much, if anything, in taxes because of all the kids they own relative to their income. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Plexus sure is hell is reporting to the IRS what they pay out.   Also, no tax refunds for all the little tax deductions if you don't file.

It is HIGHLY possible that at their income level and with their deductions (mortgage and kids), plus the fact that DBD has a "ministry" income has a different tax structure, her failure to pay self-employment tax doesn't overcome what they get back.   

Not a CPA -- just from my own taxes and being a family law attorney for low income folks.

Doesn’t the IRS add on lots of additional late fees if they audit someone who has failed to report self employment income for years?

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I saw the pics of the house. It’s small. If they had 2 kids it would be ok. But these 2 will have many kids. Hope they eventually move into a bigger home.

Tim isn’t even engaged yet, is he?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I'm sure we'll get the multiple choice "special announcement at 9:00 pm Friday" notification in which the choices will include JillPM's 98th pregnancy; Nurie expecting blessing #3; Renee and her Mystery Man's engagement; Kaylee expecting blessing #2 even though she hasn't given birth to blessing #1 yet; Timcel's engagement to Heidi... have I missed anything?

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Like 2
  • LOL 19
29 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I saw the pics of the house. It’s small. If they had 2 kids it would be ok. But these 2 will have many kids. Hope they eventually move into a bigger home.

Yes, it is tiny. I really feel he overpaid. Its on a lot of land but it almost sits on the road, its got weird windows and the roof looks like it is ready to cave in. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
On 6/10/2023 at 2:06 PM, graybrown bird said:

How can anyone drink that pink mixture of chemicals and think it's healthy???

How can anyone drink that pink mixture of chemicals and think it's healthy?

Fixed that for you. 😉 That garbage looks like runoff from a nuclear power plant.

On 6/10/2023 at 6:34 AM, oliviabenson said:

What is Dave eating? 

Grifted crap.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I agree. The flipper made a mint on that one. I hope the house doesn't fall down around them in 6 months. It looks cheaply done. 

A flip makes sense considering what the house sold for a year ago and the price Tim just paid. Who knows what problems lie under walls that weren't opened? 

I guess Rodrigues Family Construction will have to replace the roof. I'm salivating at the thought of a video of Dave climbing a ladder. 

The Rods are accused of many things but being smart has never been one of them. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Doesn’t the IRS add on lots of additional late fees if they audit someone who has failed to report self employment income for years?

Only if they get audited.  Which is unlikely.  

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

A flip makes sense considering what the house sold for a year ago and the price Tim just paid. Who knows what problems lie under walls that weren't opened? 

I guess Rodrigues Family Construction will have to replace the roof. I'm salivating at the thought of a video of Dave climbing a ladder. 

The Rods are accused of many things but being smart has never been one of them. 

Not to mention, money will have to be spent on a stove, fridge, upper shelves/kitchen cabinets, washer/dryer, shower rod, etc. Tim was ripped off. 

• Like 10
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not to mention, money will have to be spent on a stove, fridge, upper shelves/kitchen cabinets, washer/dryer, shower rod, etc. Tim was ripped off. 

I feel the same way. When we bought our first home, we did need a frig but the other big appliances came with the house. And even though the kitchen was small, I had cabinets! I wonder if he paid cash up front or will have a mortgage. When those first payments need to be made, it can be a real shock. 

• Like 8

Tim's burden of becoming a missionary pilot appears to have been lifted. Flight school has been knocked out of the budget.

The positive point about this house is that it's fifteen miles away from BME. Heidi won't have Crazy Jill dropping by hourly asking for something. 

• LOL 10