Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Hasn't it been said in the past that Jill keeps those kids up to ungodly hours doing chores, "homework", or whatever crosses her mind? I doubt those kids sleep unless she permits it.

And I think their schooling occurs whenever it's convenient for BME.

Edited by beckie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 18
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Hasn't it been said in the past that Jill keeps those kids up to ungodly hours doing chores, "homework", or whatever crosses her mind? I doubt those kids sleep unless she permits it.

And I think their schooling occurs whenever it's convenient for BME.

I suspect that Jill's contribution to schooling was probably to get the first few kids reasonably literate (as in being able to follow directions in their workbooks), then basically tasking them with getting through whatever workbooks they had for the year, and getting the younger siblings up to speed. As long as they can scrawl out, "I love my best momma ever" or some variation thereof, that's probably good enough for her. 

Well, in reality, I'm sure she does a little more than that, because I'm sure that she occasionally gets a craving for the sort of satisfaction which comes with passing on one's wisdom, whatever it may be. Unfortunately, I think that ends up being her warped views on godly life rather than basics of reading and writing, but I do think she probably spends a fair amount of time in lecturing and instruction of some sort of another.  Now that I think about it more, given that this probably gives her an immense sense of importance, the hours she spends in "homeschooling" are probably quite sizable, if not necessarily most desirable for actual education

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, it says the parents choose the curriculum, and the state does not offer financial aid for materials.

Any guesses as to how outdated those textbooks are?

• Sad 5
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Are they even textbooks or are they just random books she found in the trash somewhere and she threw together to make it LOOK like she's homeschooling?   We know she pays attention to social media and somebody probably commented on how its MID-SEPTEMBER and the kids don't seem to be in school yet.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Are they even textbooks or are they just random books she found in the trash somewhere and she threw together to make it LOOK like she's homeschooling?   We know she pays attention to social media and somebody probably commented on how its MID-SEPTEMBER and the kids don't seem to be in school yet.

According to the linked information, Jill has to file intention to homeschool her kids EVERY YEAR. This must be filed by the first week school begins in Wooster. At the latest, that would have been last week. 

I'm curious about the curriculum. Some of the binders in the older kids' piles look to be the same, but those are probably the answer keys. Jill needs those, although teachers are supposed to have, at minimum, a GED. Maybe they enroll under DBD's name; I am pretty sure he went to a public high school. Not sure if Joyful Noyes School tested out the girls for GEDs. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Dearest Mahmo wrote that and is begging for donations for dearest Timothy Rodrigues. The prospective sucker needs to contact Jill to give $ to Timothy. Gee bet dearest mahmo will pocket the $. Does Timothy even have his own bank account? I would guess no.

Oh Timothy you will never be a missionary pilot thanks to your beloved parents who SEVERELY under educated you. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

You know what, the fucking audacity of that child to beg for money in a post that mentions how he sold his business that he was making money with. Get a job like the rest of us. 

Audacity is right, but I’m not at all surprised.  Monkey see, monkey do! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Kaylee and Renee have graduated, maybe they share the burden of homeschooling along with everything else they do to run the home and family.

You know they do. Those poor poor waifs.

I don’t think they get GEDs but that’s my guess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

554F91A6-4942-477B-B600-7079AAD41E4F.jpeg

E4EA1FD7-A6E1-43BE-A062-E854A44E22CB.jpeg

0B2EECA0-2694-4FFB-9A8B-B1A14CFCFDD1.jpeg

From reddit since Jill blocked me on Facebook lol

So - maybe he should’ve kept the business and continued to work instead of selling it? Because it doesn’t seem like he has enough money yet. 🤦‍♀️

42 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Of course there's a plea for money in that wall of text. They are so predictable 🙄

Exactly. Didn’t he say he was making at least $4000 a month in his business? Yet he sold it and is now back to begging. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

So - maybe he should’ve kept the business and continued to work instead of selling it? Because it doesn’t seem like he has enough money yet. 🤦‍♀️

Yep.   Oh I ran this business for 2 years, but now I'm done because I have enough money to start flying again.    These people NEVER plan for the future.   It's always, got money now, let me spend it.   But why should they, the grift USUALLY works and money (a house, a car, whatever) appears as needed.

Tim does say the money goes into an account just for flying.    Tim is over 18 years old and barely has his own separate account.   The money has to be funneled through his mom.   These kids don't even know how stunted they are.   Also if anything makes it past Mahmo into this alleged separate account, I will eat my sneakers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 4
37 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yep.   Oh I ran this business for 2 years, but now I'm done because I have enough money to start flying again.    These people NEVER plan for the future.   It's always, got money now, let me spend it.   But why should they, the grift USUALLY works and money (a house, a car, whatever) appears as needed.

Tim does say the money goes into an account just for flying.    Tim is over 18 years old and barely has his own separate account.   The money has to be funneled through his mom.   These kids don't even know how stunted they are.   Also if anything makes it past Mahmo into this alleged separate account, I will eat my sneakers.

Cue the Jill/David vacation and date nights soon. 

• Sad 4
  • Love 3

If Tim is not mature enough to have his own social media page and his own bank account (probably joint account with Mahmo), he's not mature enough to pilot a plane to far places. 

How many people in one family can the grift support? It appears the Rods are testing the limits. Jill, David, Phillip, Tim, the rest of the kids, and Grandma Noyes are all grift-dependent now. 

ETA. Maybe Nurie and Nathan are financially independent. It's hard to know. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I know there is a passage in one of the Gospels where Jesus says not to worry too much about saving money for the future (something something a bird something), but I really do not think this is what he had in mind.  I always got the impression Jesus wanted able-bodied adults working for their upkeep.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

I have visions of Tim and his missionary buddy force landing in a remote jungle. It's an episode of Naked and Afraid I'd watch. At least Tim's used to doing without food. 

Whose burden will be realized--Phillip missioning in Hungary or Tim bush piloting in Africa? Stay tuned for a long, long time to find out. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5
43 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

ETA. Maybe Nurie and Nathan are financially independent. It's hard to know.

Nathan is one of the marks.  Jill visits all the time so Nathan will pay for things.

If you look around and can't tell who the mark of the con artist is, you are.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Of course "Timothy" is begging for money...
I thought it was interesting about the airport (aside from how many people involved with it had died), was how quickly Jill shut the suggestion down with Tim used to work there. Now I'm curious...why did he leave? Did someone quote a Bible verse in modern English? Offer Tim lunch? Or perhaps his work ethic is like his parents...he never seems to hold a job for long.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Nathan is one of the marks.  Jill visits all the time so Nathan will pay for things.

If you look around and can't tell who the mark of the con artist is, you are.

Nathan must be keeping his lawn business. I doubt he makes much in his church job.

Jonathan is a mystery. He seems to work all the time, but Jill never praises him for paying. Maybe she's holding off until he's beyond escaping. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, SMama said:

Now, to Jill, they are not outdated; they are traditional, conservative, and godly.  What the children learn is not nearly so important and protecting them from what they are not allowed to learn.

Timbits learned from the master.  If you don't have enough money to pay your own way, beg strangers to pay for you. It does also call into question why Tim claims his business had served its purpose by allowing him to continue his education while also claiming he needs people to give him money to pay for schooling.

He does say that he saved enough for his 'next rating'.  How many more does he need before he would be qualified enough to work for Samaritan's Purse or similar?  Why wouldn't he continue working until he could pay for all of it? Or, at least work part time while studying?  Getting a pilot's license is something people do on the side, in addition to their actual job.  He isn't getting a college degree too.  No reason he couldn't work on his rating while also earning some money.

I wouldn't blame Jill if she forbade Tim from studying aviation at the same place where two of the best pilots ended up dying in plane crashes.  It is almost laughable that someone would recommend an aviation company where the owner and another pilot both died in aviation mishaps.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

C1180312-69B0-4607-8236-5193F39C2250.jpeg

B261460C-0A71-4D97-8A3D-0F12BA380EFA.jpeg

From Reddit.

Wonder if Jill reads reddit posts about herself.

So what bible passage supports this warped opinion of Jill's?  It is contrary to human nature, and probably most species on this planet.  Most parents will sacrifice in order to provide food for their children.  I'm reminded of a wolf pack.  When there are pups they are allowed to eat before the rest of the pack as it's important for them to grow strong and healthy to maintain the family.

• Like 4
  • Applause 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I have visions of Tim and his missionary buddy force landing in a remote jungle. It's an episode of Naked and Afraid I'd watch. At least Tim's used to doing without food. 

Whose burden will be realized--Phillip missioning in Hungary or Tim bush piloting in Africa? Stay tuned for a long, long time to find out. 

I keep imagining Book of Mormon like scenarios. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I wouldn't blame Jill if she forbade Tim from studying aviation at the same place where two of the best pilots ended up dying in plane crashes.  It is almost laughable that someone would recommend an aviation company where the owner and another pilot both died in aviation mishaps.  

That was the one thing Jill said/did that made sense.

ETA - wait. Maybe Tim's piloting has been resurrected so that he can fly Philip to Hungary.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Timbits learned from the master.  If you don't have enough money to pay your own way, beg strangers to pay for you. It does also call into question why Tim claims his business had served its purpose by allowing him to continue his education while also claiming he needs people to give him money to pay for schooling.

He does say that he saved enough for his 'next rating'.  How many more does he need before he would be qualified enough to work for Samaritan's Purse or similar?  Why wouldn't he continue working until he could pay for all of it? Or, at least work part time while studying?  Getting a pilot's license is something people do on the side, in addition to their actual job.  He isn't getting a college degree too.  No reason he couldn't work on his rating while also earning some money.

Timothy seems very far from the requirements to fly for Samaritan's Purse, requirements that go beyond simply being able to pilot a plane. Moody's would have provided all the education and training he needed. Even Fox Valley and private lessons could have worked. 

Tim's poor homeschooling and the family's inability to plan financially for the children's future have likely made this dream impossible. 

I agree it makes no sense for Tim to have sold his business. He could have kept it in the family by having Sam and Gabe become partners. They don't seem to be very busy with homeschooling. I hope God would give better advice than to suggest killing the golden goose while it's still laying. Crazy Jill and Lazy David, on the other hand . . . . 

Oh, Jill also said that Tim was saving money to find a wife and get married. Maybe that idea has been shelved. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

There's no way Tim will ever save enough money to get married. Or if he does, that they will ever be financially stable. With his (non) work ethic and how he doesn't seem to be able to think beyond the present he'll be with mahmo for the rest of his life.

• Sad 11
  • Love 3

Looks like a bad version of pico de gallo. Jill is a lousy homemaker but where her lack of skills really shine is her shitty cooking. How can someone who has been cooking for so long, for so many, manage to not have posted one single appetizing looking meal? By now she should have learned how much food to cook to feed her family properly. 

It’s good that Nathan and Nurie have decided to grow their family away from SM. However, I’d like to see how and what she cooks. Hopefully Mrs. Keller has taught her some things. That is, assuming Mrs. Keller is not another fundie homemaker disaster. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 19
46 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Yeah that’s not looking good. Jill really can’t cook at all. Not to mention that’s not enough for 14 people.

It's enough for David to "dip up". That's really all that matters.
I guess the Joyful Noyes homeschool did not include Home Ec lessons?

• LOL 9

Yeah that is not tomato sauce.   Take it from this Italian.

Also there is NO WAY that pathetic garden yielded enough tomatos to make REAL tomato sauce.  You have to boil down the tomatoes first and it takes a WHOLE lot of tomatoes (think bushels not just a large bag) to get enough to work with.

Why not use raw garlic?   I use raw garlic in my sauce and it is AMAZING.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4