Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I think Jilly forgets that Jesus does not like liars.

Sneaking into places you don't belong is a form of lying too.   I may not be as dogly as Jill, but I know if I'm not supposed to be there, I don't go.   

16 hours ago, floridamom said:

What an awful video. These two are terrible actors. I feel badly for them for being so brainwashed.

And the kids don't know its wrong because Jill never taught them different.   Oh big sign "Hotel Guests Only" that's only suggestion, we're only going to be here for a minute.   

• Like 13

I didn't watch the video...

Not that I don't think Jill is beyond sneaking into a hotel's gym and pool, that might not be the case.

Two things I thought of was, this might have been filmed last month when the whole family was at a hotel and they visited the gym and pool.

Or, if the Rods are receiving any state/federal benefits they might qualify for a free gym membership. Also, YMCAs have scholarships for folks receiving benefits.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Some small hotels near us open their workout rooms and pools to people for a fee for certain hours. They also rent the pools out for water aerobics classes and things like that.

It seems most likely this is the same hotel near them where they have been shown using the workout room in the past. The one where the non whimps try to hurt themselves doing weight competitions and things.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1

Ah, now it's a "cuddle flannel" with a reinforced edge. 

Poor Janessa. Jill is determined to keep her a baby. If the child lived in a home with a regular routine that included reasonable bedtimes, proper schooling, active and imaginative play, and stable parents, she might not need Cuddle Flannel. Who knows since she'll never have a chance. 

I wonder if she'll end up living at the barndo permanently, taking care of elderly Papa Davy and Mama Jillybean. That sounds like the plot of a horror movie. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
19 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I have to snort at the thought of Jill, holding a bottle of Plexus Active, driving to a gym three times a week for a sweaty workout in her tight, ankle-length, polyester skirt, white cowgirl boots, pink Maine sweat blouse, and the bejeweled "LOVE" baseball bonnet. 

Now, she'll have to find a gym that will let her stand on a treadmill and pose for a photo, just to show us it's TRUE. 

Where is Dave??? Waiting in the car while his gahdly/mahdest Jilly works out to keep her trim figure???

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Ah, now it's a "cuddle flannel" with a reinforced edge. 

Poor Janessa. Jill is determined to keep her a baby. If the child lived in a home with a regular routine that included reasonable bedtimes, proper schooling, active and imaginative play, and stable parents, she might not need Cuddle Flannel. Who knows since she'll never have a chance. 

I wonder if she'll end up living at the barndo permanently, taking care of elderly Papa Davy and Mama Jillybean. That sounds like the plot of a horror movie. 

What a shame!  A baby forever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Jill knows it's time to pick up the camera and post to SM, rather than enjoying a quiet moment with your favorite child. BME! Not.

This 100%. She took a staged photo instead of cuddling with her kid and being a mama to her.

• Like 10
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Some small hotels near us open their workout rooms and pools to people for a fee for certain hours. They also rent the pools out for water aerobics classes and things like that.

It seems most likely this is the same hotel near them where they have been shown using the workout room in the past. The one where the non whimps try to hurt themselves doing weight competitions and things.

Could be, but why wouldn’t she tag them then? That’s her style! 

• Like 4
(edited)

And of course she was talking to Kaylee girl while this happened. Damn mama give your married daughter a second without you involved in her life.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Applause 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A277B5FC-5F97-44DD-8EFF-287B37528778.jpeg

1059E6D1-6963-4DA4-80AA-02924E2A6F4C.jpeg

I do think Jill made a typo on the pic with Janessa.

Instead of "they are the greatest gifts...."

I think she meant to say "They are the greatest GRIFT god has given us!"   🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I do think Jill made a typo on the pic with Janessa.

Instead of "they are the greatest gifts...."

I think she meant to say "They are the greatest GRIFT god has given us!"   🤣

The only thing Dave can do is make kids to use for grifting. Otherwise he is a useless human 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Kaylee in videos sounds exactly like Jill! All loud and shrill and shrieks! It’s not a compliment to Kaylee. Poor Giddy gets wide eyed at that tone of voice. 

No wonder tears come to his eyes, as Kaylee said 😞

• Sad 12
2 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

It's so sad to see Jill's daughters emulate her as a mother.  They are becoming "mini-Mahmos" who will terrorize their own unfortunate offspring.

You’re exactly right.  They will raise their offspring exactly like BME raised them, and that will be passed down from generation to generation.

• Sad 14
(edited)

i hope not. that was a decision i made for myself as a parent -- to be a different 'mahmo' then what i had. i deliberately chose to say 'i love you' daily to my kids and to hug/kiss them. those were things i didnt have and found that i had needed. i was one of a tribe of kids and i guess always felt insecure. i wanted my kids to always know they were loved, wanted and important to me, even if i did get mad (i did, a lot). it was hard when i heard my mom come out of my mouth but it also made me realize, sometimes too late. that i didnt want to be her - i loved her because she was my mom, but i felt i could do a better job of parenting with love and encouragement and not necessarily all the rules and harsh punishments. in hindsight, i did a so-so job but at least all my kids are decent. 

ETA:  to be fair, my mom was 16 when she had me and a very young mother with all the rest of our tribe. she came from an affluent family who had servants (i was told). i know her relationship with her mom was also distant so maybe she did the best she could.

Edited by zoomama
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 12
  • Love 7
On 1/21/2024 at 11:24 AM, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Jill, a kid Janessa’s age should not still have a comfort item she carries around everywhere 

There's nothing wrong with a child who carries around a comfort item. There IS something wrong with her idiot mother who pimps her out on social media. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

Oh man. Kaylee posted the most disturbing video. Tessie is playing Edelweiss on her clarinet (very badly), and poor Gideon is on the verge of tears. Kaylee squeals, "Does that touch your heart?" over and over. 

No, you idiot. Your kid is visibly distressed. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 20
53 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh man. Kaylee posted the most disturbing video. Tessie is playing Edelweiss on her clarinet (very badly), and poor Gideon is on the verge of tears. Kaylee squeals, "Does that touch your heart?" over and over. 

No, you idiot. Your kid is visibly distressed. 

That video was just awful.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1

Question. I have not seen any of Kaylee s videos.  In one she was apparently doing her high pitched squealing a la jill. Now he is listening to a squeaky clarinet. Both times she mentions he is crying or shedding tears. Is this a normal response or could he be ultra sensitive to high pitch o certain pitches?

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
5 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Question. I have not seen any of Kaylee s videos.  In one she was apparently doing her high pitched squealing a la jill. Now he is listening to a squeaky clarinet. Both times she mentions he is crying or shedding tears. Is this a normal response or could he be ultra sensitive to high pitch o certain pitches?

I haven't seen the videos either. To me it sounds like they're in poor Gideon's face, scaring and over stimulating him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I haven't seen the videos either. To me it sounds like they're in poor Gideon's face, scaring and over stimulating him.

This is accurate. Kaylee is shrieking over the bad clarinet in the latest video. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
8 hours ago, jacourt said:

My son used to cry from a TV for a local insurance company. The women had really high pitched voices. When his other grandmother would come to see him, she would use the same tone and he would cry. 

• Sad 7
8 hours ago, jacourt said:

Sadly, differences are not allowed in this family. Gideon can adjust to the noises that terrify him or he will be "trained" to do so.

• Sad 17
On 1/20/2024 at 1:35 PM, oliviabenson said:

She is always on vacation or grifting there is no way she goes to the gym 3 times a week!

53787E07-0EDB-40A8-AE38-32870E6FDFE0.jpeg

On 1/21/2024 at 7:21 AM, ginger90 said:

A277B5FC-5F97-44DD-8EFF-287B37528778.jpeg

1059E6D1-6963-4DA4-80AA-02924E2A6F4C.jpeg

On 1/21/2024 at 1:42 PM, ginger90 said:

Her telling of the Janessa holding her hand was ridiculous. Basically she was saying, she didn’t even know Janessa was in the room.

1. First I have heard that Plexus gives you “will power to exercise.” Congrats on the new claim, Jill!

2. I think Jill was sitting around staring at her phone and ignoring Janessa. Poor kid makes a bid for attention…and Jill makes it into a grifting moment. ☹️

• Sad 8

ACA109A0-41B2-4FC8-9964-447D9CD49136.jpeg

What a cozy night it was with my girlies Kaylee & Renee.  We enjoyed working out at the gym and then Kaylee took us out for a yummy bite to eat.  🥰  I cherish those "perfect" seeming days.  Love you, my sweet daughters!  I am convinced you are the sweetest people on Earth (along with your other 7 sisters).  I am the MOST blessed person on Earth to be your Mom!  Much Love, Mama xoxo  😘 

With JonathanKaylee Hill  ❤️

Kaylee, her face before realizing Jill was filming. Screenshot from a video:

C056357A-C653-4A02-B634-826516FA81BB.jpeg

.So blessed……

E0FEC7A3-47D8-4280-8F82-602B8E4329AF.jpeg

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 9

I don't get why Kaylee thinks Gid's tears are anything other than a need. Babies are not moved to tears by an emotion they haven't developed yet.

A 6 month old shows joy and contentment by squirming, babbling and smiling. The only reason they cry is for a need. Crying is the way they say, help me. Help comes in the form of food, diaper changes, soothing and sleep, at that age.

That poor kid.

• Like 17
  • Sad 10
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

ACA109A0-41B2-4FC8-9964-447D9CD49136.jpeg

What a cozy night it was with my girlies Kaylee & Renee.  We enjoyed working out at the gym and then Kaylee took us out for a yummy bite to eat.  🥰  I cherish those "perfect" seeming days.  Love you, my sweet daughters!  I am convinced you are the sweetest people on Earth (along with your other 7 sisters).  I am the MOST blessed person on Earth to be your Mom!  Much Love, Mama xoxo  😘 

With JonathanKaylee Hill  ❤️

Kaylee, her face before realizing Jill was filming. Screenshot from a video:

C056357A-C653-4A02-B634-826516FA81BB.jpeg

.So blessed……

My plexus friend got the same bag too! It looks cheap. 

Of course, Kaylee took them out to eat, Jill never pays. And yes, that expression says everything. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

.So blessed……

Those are rather tight sleeves on the sweatblouse. I don't care anything about the bag, and spellcheck thinks I am nuts for "sweatblouse". 

• LOL 17

"Generous company?"  Not only is Jilly fundie-style brainwashed, she's brainwashed when it comes to shilling that PlexAss crap, too.

That little baby looks terrified, just like cousin Nehemiah, whenever Jill's around.  ☹️

I agree, that bag looks chintzy, just like her too-tight "sweat-blouse."

• Like 11

MLMs are the worst, but so many businesses do the same thing. My kids' orthodontist used to give the kids t-shirts (with his logo) and give the parents yearly planners. A friend of mine was going on and on about how thoughtful and generous Dr O was. I was like, are you kidding me, we pay for these with every payment we make.

Fast forward a year and the Doc moved to a bigger and "state of the art" office. Again patients' parents were oohing and aahing. It was all bells and whistles. The only new technology was an office room with a window that went from clear to mirrored for privacy. Again it was our money paying for it.

JillR paid for that bag 10x over.

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR paid for that bag 10x over.

She paid for the Punta Cana retreat 10x over too. Now, can she afford to get Hunk and herself to the DR and back, or did her money go for Plexus inventory? We know it didn't go to feeding, dressing, and educating her children. 

• Like 12
(edited)

Gideon was looking terrified to me in that video. Kaylee's screeching was worse than the clarinet. That child and the other 10 she will have, don't stand a chance.

Edited by Madtown
  • Sad 14
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Those are rather tight sleeves on the sweatblouse. I don't care anything about the bag, and spellcheck thinks I am nuts for "sweatblouse". 

The whole thing looks too tight. 

• Like 10