Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But but but...Kaylee gets POINTS for buying all that crap. The deluxe package she bought is about $250. I really hope she's not spending that much on crap every single month. 

Oh she is buying it monthly. And will continue to do so as long as Jon pays for it

Mahmo hypnotized them or something 

Mahmo hypnotized them or something???

• Sad 6

I'm still trying to process all the commas.   "When in doubt leave it out" is a rule that they should have been taught.  A missing comma is much less egregious than 10 unnecessary commas just thrown into a paragraph.

• Like 15
(edited)
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm still trying to process all the commas.   "When in doubt leave it out" is a rule that they should have been taught.  A missing comma is much less egregious than 10 unnecessary commas just thrown into a paragraph.

The only place I've seen Kaylee properly use commas are in lists. Maybe she just picked it up from bible reading, but credit where it's due. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Jyst didn't autocorrect. WTF?
  • Like 4

I had a student once who told me that she thought that commas were just decorative and they should be sprinkled in at random.  Since she was a college student I really hope she was trying to fool me, but given her writing level I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 8

How ironic. Jonathan pays to take a course to improve his money management skills while Kaylee has been pulled into a money-sucking machine by her own mother. 

Kaylee won't stand up to Jill, but will Jonathan just sit by and watch Plexus drain their savings? If Plexus really does raise the risk for premature birth and Kaylee keeps chugging it during her pregnancies, how much stress and medical debt can this young couple withstand over time? 

It's beginning to look like a very bad situation. 

Amazon sells Plexus products for anyone who thinks they need them. There won't be any points, but there won't be a greedy MIL trying to grab your credit card either. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 5
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They have a wood railing surrounding it. 🤦‍♀️

And no heat shield behind it. I shudder to think how the chimney is connecting where it vents out of the house.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Poor Mama wouldn't be so weary to the bone tired if she wasn't up at 4:15 am taking video of her christmas cards.

Screenshot (555).png

I can only imagine what time the kids went to bed or if they were still up. 

• Sad 12

Kaylee posted 2 short videos showing how the baby is tender-hearted. You can see him tear up and almost start crying as she uses her high pitched Mahmo voice. “My, ‘awwwww’, always touches him” she writes. 

She thinks her voice touches his heart. I think it frightens him and hurts his ears…

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And no heat shield behind it. I shudder to think how the chimney is connecting where it vents out of the house.

Jill’s comment on the post:

That looks so perfect.....like it is fake.  SOOO beautiful and relaxing!  💖💕💕

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s comment on the post:

That looks so perfect.....like it is fake.  SOOO beautiful and relaxing!  💖💕💕

well Jill would be the one to know about fake fireplaces since she owns a few. 😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 12

In one of Kaylee’s recent Plexus posts she brags about how Plexus is increasing her milk production.  It blows my mind that these idiots think it’s okay to ingest that shit while they’re breastfeeding.  I can’t believe that anyone would be that damned dumb.  Poor Gideon… 😢

• Like 7
  • Sad 16
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1

Google says:

What is the minimum clearance around a wood burning stove?

• 18 inches

I'm guessing the railings are to protect kids and animals, but their kid doesn't crawl and they don't have animals. The railings, Christmas ribbon and likely the curtains, are all closer than 18".

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I went back to look because I knew she had previously posted it.

87EBD009-670D-4734-9EDE-AD3029A5AC3B.jpeg

That is weird and doesn't look safe. I'm not surprised. The Rods are a weird bunch and Jonathan seems to go along with their bizarre take on so many things. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

Um… Jill still had  “decorations” up on January 10? 
I think there should be a betting pool for which house goes up in flames first - the dangerous Rodrigues estate or the idiotic Hill manse. It’s only a matter of time and somebody WILL get hurt. (And, if either households are covered by insurance will homeowner negligence factor In any payment they could receive (if insured)).

• Like 11
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

In one of Kaylee’s recent Plexus posts she brags about how Plexus is increasing her milk production.  It blows my mind that these idiots think it’s okay to ingest that shit while they’re breastfeeding.  I can’t believe that anyone would be that damned dumb.  Poor Gideon… 😢

I hope people are reporting her for spreading this kind of dangerous misinformation. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
Just now, AstridM said:

I hope people are reporting her for spreading this kind of dangerous misinformation. 

Plexus themselves say this on their webpage! 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 6
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

They say what?

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Plexus will definitely make Gideon delayed intellectually and with his uneducated Mahmo teaching him that kid has no chance. Look at his Uncle Sam learning grammar at 19.

• Sad 12
29 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

All those SEVERELY precious cards are now in the upstairs attic collecting dust. 

Imagine how much crap ahem treasures her family will to clean out when Jill passes away. 

Saw a card from Hosanna Plath Noble. So much for keeping her little family out of the spotlight. Jill keeps showing them. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

Also what lies Jill tell Kiki about how much $ she’d earn selling plexus??

surely Jill told Kiki she can make for ex $1000 a month and instead Kiki will earn $200 a month.

And so far no updates from Jill on the DR plexus vacation. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Maybe God does look out for these fools.  By now that barndo should have burned down with the questionable electrical work and all the candles and fake flowers all over the place.  Same with Kaylee's house and the wood railing with flammable Christmas decorations right next to the wood burning stove.

I don't know what Dave Ramsey's position on MLMs is, but anyone styling themselves a financial advisor would lose credibility with me immediately if they recommended people get into one.  Jon and Kaylee are going broke paying for that junk and she is putting her baby at risk if she is really drinking that stuff while nursing.  Seems to me, I've heard that claim before that that pink crap increases your milk production.  Maybe it was one of Kaylee's prior posts.  And her overuse of commas makes me twitch.  Gideon is going to be illiterate with her schooling him.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I can only imagine what time the kids went to bed or if they were still up. 

I can only imagine what time BME wakes up.  Noon?  1:00 or 2:00 pm?

• Like 7

That's the most ridiculous wood burning stove set-up I've ever seen. That thing obviously never gets used. To the right of it is an iron rack that looks like it's meant to hold firewood, and, of course, it's empty!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

That's the most ridiculous wood burning stove set-up I've ever seen. That thing obviously never gets used. To the right of it is an iron rack that looks like it's meant to hold firewood, and, of course, it's empty!

Get to chopping with your cheap, duct taped axe, Jonathan!

• LOL 15
(edited)
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I can only imagine what time BME wakes up.  Noon?  1:00 or 2:00 pm?

I get a feeling she sleeps very little. Either she is an insomniac or she is hopped up on plexus. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 13
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

00EAF674-A963-4854-84E4-AF010A036D5C.jpeg

1077870C-33E8-4A62-84E1-D7105A5B045D.jpeg

4517E2C1-8DD6-4B49-8D21-E6DE27183E5C.jpeg

3D7BF06A-05DA-4F70-BC4A-D4FBA09028C4.jpeg

This makes me very twitchy. All that clutter plus the chair overlooking the toilet is such a nice place to READ!?! BME commenting “don’t judge me” about really confirms that she reads snark posts, either here or Reddit. She turns off comments on Instagram and probably Facebook (I only see her Instagram) clearly she is reading snarky posts somewhere.

• Like 20
  • Applause 3

Most recent YouTube by Timothy with Jill’s endorsement.

If you have not watched Timothy's latest YouTube video, here is the link for it.  Bud, this blessed my heart and brought me to tears. 😢 Thank you for standing strong and for spreading the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ!  Hallelujah!  I love you!  ❤️ Mom 

With Timothy Rodrigues

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2RU7svsYtA

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
53 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She can't see a two inch surface or patch of wall without putting some piece of crap on it! 

I especially liked the small electrical panel over the chair with the fake plants, flowers and sign around it, with the added touch of the yellow baseball bonnet hanging off the corner.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 19

Jill and Hubby have their own private bedroom and walk-in closet, but she had to make her comfy reading corner (and broadcast studio) practically on top of the toilet? The roll of toilet paper next to the chair is an interesting touch. 

David has his recliner in front of the map. He gets privacy by making the kids stay out of the family room. There's no way David is spending time sitting in that silly bathroom chair surrounded by paper flowers and plastic containers of makeup and hairspray. 

I have a version of that chair in my little home office. I bought it because it was cheap and the right size for the space. It's as hard as a rock, so I don't sit in it to read. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

How do they use the toilet in there? Can they even bend forward to pull their bottoms up?

JillR's decorating makes a jail cell look inviting and serene. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 13