Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 12/7/2023 at 2:19 PM, AstridM said:

ETA - then, it turned out that the travel agency in Paris had issued me a round trip ticket, but the return date was BEFORE the departure date, and I didn’t notice it until about a week before I was to leave. Dad to the rescue, again. I miss him. 

This didn't involve passports, but last year, I was trying to book a flight to visit my son, and had so many options open, because I was looking to go sometime between February and March, that I inadvertantly booked a flight which was due to leave in about an hour and a half (as opposed to a month from then). I only noticed the mistake when I went to send him my itinerary, which was about half an hour before the flight was to leave, and just in the nick of time to cancel it!

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
On 12/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, oliviabenson said:

Jesus juice!

I have a couple of small wine signs as well.

It does strike me, and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, that there are more mentions of coffee there than anything extolling Jesus. The most overtly religious sign(s) might say "blessed", but that's practically secular. I can't help but see that as a step in the right direction...

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I don't know if I ever saw a front picture of their house. Looks like it could blow over in the smallest wind storms. To know, they will fill it with 10 kids makes me itchy.

It's barely a 2 bedroom (2nd BR is basically a closet). They will outgrow it in less than 5 years. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's barely a 2 bedroom (2nd BR is basically a closet). They will outgrow it in less than 5 years. 

And the other bedroom isn't all that big either. I think the hallway/landing is the biggest space on the second floor.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I can see after Kaylee has their 3rd child, Jill, Dave and the gang will attempt to add on to it. Then beg their Amish neighbors to help.

• LOL 8

I hope that means Jill had zero say in the venue AND the catering (or, "catering" as it pertains to Jill's food service skillset).  

Even though Tiedi will likely continue their harmful beliefs together, at least Tim is seeing a bit of "what could be" without a psychopath for a mahmo.  

• Like 19
  • Love 1

Posted by (and Kaylee):

The memories with this man of mine, are simply PRICELESS!!!! 💖
  Down through these last couple of years, Jonathan has NEVER failed to put a smile or laugh on my face, EACH DAY!!!! 🥰 
    My heart almost aches, to look back at those BEAUTIFUL moments in our relationship, yet I wouldn't want to go back because what we have now is even MORE beautiful!!!! 😘
     I love you MORE, Jonathan.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 13

So Jill cut off most of Renee's fried frizz, but should have cut off about 2" more. Poor Renee, I must kill her to have her hair short (for Fundies), I mean JillD had to go through days of mental gymnastics before cutting her hair to below her shoulders. Look at the sister in the background - she looks like she's seeing a ghost.

On another note, Janessa is taking on the sallow waif look. If it wasn't for her thick healthy hair she could almost be Sadie/Sophie's(?) twin.

And another, other note - if a Plexus trip comes up and conflicts with Tim's wedding, I wonder which JillR would pick.

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1

So Jill curled Renee's hair and called it a "new look?"  It still looks fried, unfortunately.  Doesn't hairdresser Jill know how to fix that?  Is this a "Renee is back on the bride market" post?

And either Kaylee went to the JillRod School of Gushy Love Posts and Questionable Punctuation, or Jill wrote that.

• Like 19
  • LOL 4
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So Jill curled Renee's hair and called it a "new look?"  It still looks fried, unfortunately.  Doesn't hairdresser Jill know how to fix that?  Is this a "Renee is back on the bride market" post?

And either Kaylee went to the JillRod School of Gushy Love Posts and Questionable Punctuation, or Jill wrote that.

1. Jill was trying to remove the evidence of years of cheap home perms she had given Renee in the Rodrigues' Barndo Beauty Boutique. I'd say Renee is back on the market. Jill needs to bring in a young man with an income quickly to help her and Hunk get to Punta Cana. The lost cruise still stings. 

2. Jill's home school lessons consist of having the girls copy word-for-word from the headmistress's most memorable online posts. Jill checks the work to make sure all the extraneous commas and unnecessary capital letters are there.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 19
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Posted by (and Kaylee):

The memories with this man of mine, are simply PRICELESS!!!! 💖
  Down through these last couple of years, Jonathan has NEVER failed to put a smile or laugh on my face, EACH DAY!!!! 🥰 
    My heart almost aches, to look back at those BEAUTIFUL moments in our relationship, yet I wouldn't want to go back because what we have now is even MORE beautiful!!!! 😘
     I love you MORE, Jonathan.

Jill wrote that haha. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She should’ve cut even more off, given her a deep conditioning treatment, and laid off the damn curling iron..

• Like 16
  • Love 3

I have the same baby fine, unfortunate hair as Renee. It doesn't grow long (she seems to have the same problem), but it grows much better once I stopped perming it. Renee needs to ditch the perms and embrace her straight hair. It's not unheard-of in the Rod household: Nurie often has worn her hair straight. 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

She need the heatless curler thing Josie B sells. Have dupes reached the dollar stores yet?

Like $5.99 on Amazon. 

But even the heatless curler will require hairspray for the curls to last more than an hour. Such is the bane of baby fine hair. 

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Turquoise said:

No input from Mahmo: priceless
Heidi does look really happy

I truly hope that Timothy is head over heels in love with Heidi and treats her like a queen.  And if he doesn’t, I hope her father will kick his ass (just kidding but I hope her family will get her away from him if he mistreats her.).  

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 11
5 hours ago, AstridM said:

Tell this to your husband directly, Kaylee. No need to tell us!

No need to tell us except that’s what she’s been brainwashed to do.  If there’s anyone out there who doesn’t believe that brainwashing is a real thing, just point them in the direction of this family.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

On a spoof Rodrigues site I follow on Instagram, the comments are leaning towards Renee's haircut being a form of punishment for something.  Public humiliation. It that's true, it's absolutely heartbreaking.  Unfortunately, it makes sense.  It doesn't matter how damaged, ugly, thin, broken, or lackluster a woman's hair is, it is always left alone and worn long.  Renee would never choose to cut her hair, nor would Mahmo think it would make her more attractive.  I'm concerned.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Vivigirl10 said:

On a spoof Rodrigues site I follow on Instagram, the comments are leaning towards Renee's haircut being a form of punishment for something.  Public humiliation. It that's true, it's absolutely heartbreaking.  Unfortunately, it makes sense.  It doesn't matter how damaged, ugly, thin, broken, or lackluster a woman's hair is, it is always left alone and worn long.  Renee would never choose to cut her hair, nor would Mahmo think it would make her more attractive.  I'm concerned.

I thought of that, too, but I maintain that Jill intentionally makes her daughters look worse to make herself look better, or for less competition. I lean toward that being the case with Renee's shitty haircut. 

It's not like fundies aren't total hypocrites already. Jill cuts (and colors and fries) her own hair, so she clearly has nothing wrong with haircuts for women. 

• Like 12
37 minutes ago, all fall down said:

I think Jill's just a shitty hairdresser. She went to school in the 90's and has never learned more updated practices and techniques. 

I agree. And I also think Fundies females don't want short hair. 

While I think JillR does compete with her daughters to a degree, I don't think the haircut is a punishment. As stated above, IMO, its a combination of a shitty haircut that should have been at least two inches shorter.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
46 minutes ago, all fall down said:

I think Jill's just a shitty hairdresser. She went to school in the 90's and has never learned more updated practices and techniques. 

Oh, she has. She just doesn't care. This is a woman who thinks stumpy, overly thick acrylics and caked-on black eyeliner are the height of beauty. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 8

Jill worked for a bit in her aunt's (?) beauty salon, but that probably ended when David started pursing her and/or she him. Her license is long expired.

Interestingly, David followed a similar route. He worked as a professional printer until he quit, despite fathering several children who needed to eat once in a while, to follow Jill on the grifting circuit. His printing knowledge is probably stuck at that point in time just as Jill's beauty career is an artifact of history. 

The only clear movement Dave and Jill have shown is in the number of children they have managed to pump out.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Someone on Facebook called it a Renee special. I’m still laughing. Jill did her girl dirty. Poor thing.

I thought the cut itself may be cute, but Jill over styled it. I’m waiting to see if it looks different/better when Renee is styling it. 

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I thought the cut itself may be cute, but Jill over styled it. I’m waiting to see if it looks different/better when Renee is styling it. 

If Renee is lucky, Jill will lose interest in Jillifying her!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1