Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yea, but a cruise with people dressing immodestly? Much alcohol going around? 

Passports are a possibility. And you just can't get one in an hour. I have heard stories of people not being able to go  on trips because they didn't get theirs in time, even if they applied early enough. 

There are links upthread to info about the cruise. One of the FAQs said that you can go on the cruise without a passport (although I think alternate ID like a certified birth certificate is required), but without a passport you can enter, but you can't venture beyond, the special ("resort"?) area on land at the destination that cruise passengers can visit when the boat is docked. 

Passports are def a possibility, but probably not the deal breaker. If passports were the only reason, she'd have ranted about it as her being somehow Christianly persecuted for not being able to get one in time or something like that.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 3
  • Useful 8
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Passports are a possibility. And you just can't get one in an hour. I have heard stories of people not being able to go  on trips because they didn't get theirs in time, even if they applied early enough. 

Saw this posted elsewhere

" (ii) the confirmed earner and his/her guest must: (a) travel on same itinerary; (b) have all necessary documentation to permit travel and participate in the Prize (including all required COVID-19 documentation (including, without limitation, any required proof of vaccine documentation, proof of valid vaccine exemption documentation, and/or proof of negative COVID-19 test documentation); and..."

https://static.plexusworldwide.com/cdn/sail-ebration-cruise-official-rules-en-ca.pdf

Sooo then it’s about COVID then. Then lack of $. 

Either way I’m glad Jill for once didn’t get her way. That vile woman and her lazy husband doesn’t deserve anything nice for the rest of their life. 

• Like 18
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Saw this posted elsewhere

" (ii) the confirmed earner and his/her guest must: (a) travel on same itinerary; (b) have all necessary documentation to permit travel and participate in the Prize (including all required COVID-19 documentation (including, without limitation, any required proof of vaccine documentation, proof of valid vaccine exemption documentation, and/or proof of negative COVID-19 test documentation); and..."

https://static.plexusworldwide.com/cdn/sail-ebration-cruise-official-rules-en-ca.pdf

A passport is not a requirement on some cruise lines leaving from the US.  Because you leave and return in the US, you do not necessarily need one though a passport is recommended.  And, you can still visit the various foreign ports without a passport.  A birth certificate works on both Disney and Carnival.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 6

Those are really nice pictures. They actually look like a normal couple in love.  So much better than the cringeworthy ones that MAHMO takes.

I'm hoping in all hopes that Jill was behind all of Timbits creepy videos and posts. Or, that he's realizing what a freakin' psycho his mom is.

• Like 23
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So bummed that Jill sat this one out. But not half as bummed as she is, for sure. 

It would have been a snarker's dream. Sigh.

I almost, almost feel bad for her, but I feel worse for us! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 16
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Now there is a video, so far two bars, lots of shorts, people swimming in actual bathing suits. Jill's head would have exploded. 

Did Plexus sell out an entire cruise ship, or are there other passengers on board?  

• Useful 3

Things must be going pretty badly for Jill to miss out on mingling with Plexus royalty. She loves being in the Plexus world, and she both earned and won the opportunity to go on this trip. I can't see her passing it up without a very big  reason. Getting rewards from the Plexus higher-ups is a lot more fun that hanging around laundromats and parking lots passing out smiley tracts. 

I would feel sorry for pretty much anyone other than Jill. Because David won't work to support his family and Jill enables him, their 13 children have missed out on important life opportunities like education, socialization, nutrition, play, and career choices. 

I'm guessing the "spiritual warfare" is Teidi carrying on their engagement, in their own way, without Jill's supervision. Ouch. 

• Like 21

Part of a blog post that mentions the magazine:

”I (Jill) started a quarterly – Make Your Life Count – MAGAZINE!  This was a HUGE step of financial faith.  It will be printed and shipped to all of our subscribers, FREE of cost to them!   Please pray that God would provide for this need.  If you wish to subscribe to this “Rodrigues Family Production” magazine, then please e-mail us to let us know!  It is a magazine designed to encourage Biblical, godly homes.  If you desire to donate to help with the next printing and shipping of the magazine (early 2024), then please also e-mail Jill to ask how to donate to this need.  Thank You!  

Thank you for your prayers for our family against the evil darkness of this old world, the devil, and spiritual wickedness in high places. In a world of uncertainty and wars and rumors of wars, we have learned the value of simply living EACH day to its fullest!  To put one foot in front of the next and not to worry about tomorrow….for we know WHO holds the future!  It brings a simple faith, trust and JOY as we walk through a world of uncertainty.  We love each one of you!                             

All Because of Jesus,  Jill for the Rodrigues Family”

• Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Maybe, just maybe Jill didn't want to stand out as the wacko that she is. To Jill this women are smart business women. Women she wants to hitch her wagon too. I'm sure she noticed a few stares, grimaces or chuckles aimed at her at other gatherings.

Now if this was an Alaskan cruise she'd be all in. 🤣

image.png.66f6070b19bbec572472764b14ac28fc.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe, just maybe Jill didn't want to stand out as the wacko that she is. To Jill this women are smart business women. Women she wants to hitch her wagon too. I'm sure she noticed a few stares, grimaces or chuckles aimed at her at other gatherings.

Now if this was an Alaskan cruise she'd be all in. 🤣

image.png.66f6070b19bbec572472764b14ac28fc.png

Jill doesn't think she herself is a wacko, so I don't think that is the case. 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, beckie said:

Jill and clan didn't get vaxxed did they? Could be as simple as she can't provide the proof of vaccination she needed for the trip.

I'm sure she could provide an exemption.

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill doesn't think she herself is a wacko, so I don't think that is the case. 

I think with the Plexus ladies, but only the Plexus ladies, she knows.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure she could provide an exemption.

I think with the Plexus ladies, but only the Plexus ladies, she knows.

What kind of exemption could she provide that the cruise would accept? Bat sh*t crazy doesn't count. 

• LOL 14
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Good for them! Full hugs too. 

They look so happy, and I am happy for them.  It seems Tim has picked his side, and I hope he continues to stand up for Heidi against the MIL beast.  Any info on the wedding date?

Where and how did they meet?

• Like 14
Just now, CalicoKitty said:

They look so happy, and I am happy for them.  It seems Tim has picked his side, and I hope he continues to stand up for Heidi against the MIL beast.  Any info on the wedding date?

Where and how did they meet?

They met through the Plexus connection between Jill and Heidi's mom. The families met somewhere, and I guess there was interest from the get go. I forget the timeline, but they've been together for the better part of a year in some capacity. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Maybe Jill was demanding a change to some rule for the cruise.  I'm still puzzled by her comment (I know, aren't they all puzzling?) that she has been so sick, and she has been fighting demons, or something like that.  I do wonder if she has Covid.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Do they really need proof of vaccination or exemptions? This is a closed Plexus event. 

Maybe she would need proof of vaccination to get off the ship.  She wouldn't be able to swim in the ocean in her denim skirt if she wasn't allowed off the ship.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

Do you still need to be vaccinated to go on a cruise? I know someone who has never had a vaccination(teenager)and they will be going on a cruise this month. I don't go on cruises, so I know nothing about exemptions(I'm vaccinated).

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Do you still need to be vaccinated to go on a cruise? I know someone who has never had a vaccination(teenager)and they will be going on a cruise this month. I don't go on cruises, so I know nothing about exemptions(I'm vaccinated).

No, I took a cruise in September and no proof of vaccination required.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
35 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

No, I took a cruise in September and no proof of vaccination required.

Same, I took a cruise in March and there were no COVID requirements. Whatever the reason, I don’t think it’s that. I’m truly surprised she didn’t go, honestly. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

It all depends on the cruise line and the destination.  I have a cruise planned in March, and their cruises sailing through the end of this month require proof of vaccination.  So I won't need any vaccination documents in April.  However, there are specific cruises to certain parts of the world that will require vaccine documents through all of 2024.  Each cruise line has their own rules.

• Like 3
  • Useful 8

“Various reasons”

If Plexus doesn’t approve her various reasons, she won’t receive any of the wonderful gifts.

”2023 Leaders Retreat Caribbean Cruise FAQs
General (cont.)
Question: What if I earn Leaders Retreat and choose not to attend? What happens to the prizes I have earned?
Answer: If you achieve 1,250 or more credits and choose not to attend, all contest prizes you would have received while on the cruise will be automatically forfeited if you do not attend. No cash alternatives will be issued and the prizes are non-transferable.
Question: What if I have an extenuating circumstance that does not allow me to attend Leaders Retreat?
Answer: Those who cannot attend due to extenuating circumstances may submit an exceptions request, which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Extenuating circumstances include military deployment, pregnancy, death in the family, or severe illness.”

I laughed at “severe illness”.

CB53273F-5E0F-4B55-A0FE-2579DE50BBA4.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

So Jilly was up in the middle of the night writing a birthday tribute to herself? How predictable.

Yaaaassss! I don't care what Kaylee Girl Jill says. Jill does NOT light up a room! (™Dateline)

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

I just saw posts from Janelle and Christine Brown from Sister Wives, enjoying their Plexus cruise.  This might be a dumb question, but does JillRod know of these Z-list reality celebrities and if so, would she try to approach them for a selfie in order to up her own game?  We know she adores reminding us that Nurie is married to Anna Duggar's brother (although the shine from that particular name-drop is now tarnished), so I wondered if Jill would throw elbows in order to glom on to another TLC-related reality talent, or would she just stand by, silently judging them like she does everyone else?

I was really hoping for Jill and these Sister Wives' orbits to  finally collide!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 15
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1