Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The kids look so sad and depressed.  I think they rather get root canals. Wow. Jill you Dingus read the room. Your kids do not want to be in a traveling band anymore. I bet all her kids would like to go to an actual school and have 3 nice meals a day…

Dave and Jill lazy bums get jobs and support the kids instead of making the kids beg for some casseroles.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 14

Oh look that’s what Jill will try to “earn”. Jill can definitely picture herself and her precious husband at a free cruise! 

Her judgy self can have a field day looking at all the sluttish women in their not modest clothes and bathing suits. And drunk people. 

Oh boy. I wish I could go with Jill just to observe her meltdowns lol.

EE4577A6-DF71-46B5-8EE5-59447170A50D.jpeg

I can totally see Jenelle and Christine from sister wives actually earning this free vacation. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Those kids look miserable in that photo.

Tessie looks like she’d rather be dead than do what she’s being forced to do.  I’ve never seen anyone look as miserable.  Jill is allowing Janessa to sit at the piano and suck her thumb and that nasty ass security rag.  Nurie and Janessa are the only 2 Rod offspring that Jill has spoilt, but if Jill manages to get pregnant again, Janessa will be kicked to the curb.  

14 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

The Plexus prize is "beyond attainable"?  Meaning no one can attain it?  Jill, you idiot.

You mean the “FREE all expenses paid” prize?  Doesn’t “free” mean all expenses paid, Jilly Bean?

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Oh look that’s what Jill will try to “earn”. Jill can definitely picture herself and her precious husband at a free cruise! 

Her judgy self can have a field day looking at all the sluttish women in their not modest clothes and bathing suits. And drunk people. 

Oh boy. I wish I could go with Jill just to observe her meltdowns lol.

EE4577A6-DF71-46B5-8EE5-59447170A50D.jpeg

I can totally see Jenelle and Christine from sister wives actually earning this free vacation. 

Never fear; Jill will go on a FB rampage about it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Is the cruise also BEYOND ATTAINABLE for Jill? She'd really like to go on a trip with her Handsome Hunk. 

It appears that Plexus People can qualify for the cruise with 1250 points, mostly for signing up new victims. Qualifying does not guarantee a cabin.

Jill's post is not true; this trip is not even close to "all expenses paid." The vouchers aren't generous. With airfare to and from the port city in Florida for two, a possible night or two in a hotel before and after the cruise, onboard expenses for two, and excursion costs, there will be plenty of money out of pocket. The $3000 voucher is for a shopping trip to a Bloomingdales in Florida after the cruise, so that's separate from the cruise. 

The bottom line is that Jill will never even see the outside of the ship. 

https://helpcenter.plexusworldwide.com/hc/en-us/articles/13822715851675-2023-Leaders-Retreat-Caribbean-Cruise-Contest

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 9

😂 for Jill not reading the rules.

Does she even have a passport? DBD went to Africa with Nurie, but that was several years ago. Might want to look into renewing that. 

If they take this trip, I wonder how she'll spin it. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Beyond attainable? Can someone explain what she thinks this means? 🤦‍♀️

It would be interesting to hear Jill explain what she means by this.  I wonder how coherent she is in person.  We know she is not a deep thinker, and she has shown that she does not know the meaning of a lot of words.  If her speech is anything like her writing, I doubt she could explain much.

• Like 12

Those poor kids look like they would rather be anywhere else. I'm sure they "love the Lord" but they are also kids who want to have fun like other kids. You can keep it godly and still have a good time. 

• Like 16
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Those poor kids look like they would rather be anywhere else. I'm sure they "love the Lord" but they are also kids who want to have fun like other kids. You can keep it godly and still have a good time. 

That's what table top, cardboard skee ball is for! Fun for all ages! 

• Sad 14
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

That's what table top, cardboard skee ball is for! Fun for all ages! 

Sadie does look cute resting on David's shoulder. I always wonder if the kids are warmer with him because he isn't a raving lunatic like Jill (except when preaching). 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

No cow bells? I was disappointed!

B9DB5B90-7A51-45AF-BF34-4BEE50694A31.jpeg

That boy is all Dave! Dave actually looks not vacant lol. Must have had a nice free meal before the church!

41C5EDBA-C319-420E-A361-B1E60978ED67.jpeg

watch out, Sadie! Do NOT look at Daddy's pocket square monster!! (Saw the "fancy folded hankie" thing a few weeks back and I just can't unsee it as an imp trying to crawl out/desperately get away from the ICK that is DBD.)

• LOL 9
42 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Life is a blast for the Rodlets. /s

Swimming in a dirty drainage in street clothes?  Yayeess!    Wearing modest swimsuits in hotel swimming pools and in the ocean?  Unnecessary and probably ungodly. Anyway, wet denim floats. Just ask a witch. 

Writing public notes praising Mama's beauty and generosity?  Jesus loves this because Jesus loves the truth!    Going to the mall with friends?  No friends, no free time, no way!

Sleeping on the floor of an RV?  Fun, like a slumber party, whatever that is.    Eating three meals a day?  Gluttony is a sin according to Papa. 

Walking around the outside of a National Park with the family?  Yes. Loads of fun, especially when you're sick or your shoes are the wrong size.   Paying to go inside some park exhibits?  That's being selfish. We can look in the windows or climb a wall. Mama and Papa  need money for another date night. 

Folding pamphlets and stuffing envelopes late into the night?  Yes! It's fun to help such busy parents with their work so they can sit and watch the map.   Getting an education to learn algebra math or become a pediatrician doctor or an orthodontist dentist?   No! School is evil. If we get too much education, we might have to get a job. We want to be like just like Mama and Papa. 

• Sad 22
(edited)
11 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Let me translate that from Jillese for everyone:

We found this one church that lets us consistely grift from them.

And according to the flyer the rods were visiting that church for 5 days.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2A7C03C6-130B-440B-AE79-79968CF3C5D9.jpeg

The looks on the kids' faces do not at all indicate that ANY joy was in their hearts, Jill.   Not even an ounce of joy is to be found.  

I'm starting a Fuck it up, Tessie movement.  She looks ready. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, LilJen said:

watch out, Sadie! Do NOT look at Daddy's pocket square monster!! (Saw the "fancy folded hankie" thing a few weeks back and I just can't unsee it as an imp trying to crawl out/desperately get away from the ICK that is DBD.)

To start with I want to make everyone understands I am not snarking on Sadie. Something is wrong with her. She is 10 she is old enough she should not be leaning on dad's shoulder ( very cute picture though) if she is getting enough sleep and food. I was in church almost every Sunday as a child ( I did enjoy it very much...still do) but if I was not interested in the sermon I occupied myself by reading the hymnal, looking around at other people, finding the next song we would sing ect. She looks like she is either recovering from a long, lingering lillnes or about to pass away from the same illness. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Didn’t Jill post something like:

i did Philip for 18 years. Sounded so so wrong. 

she meant she raised him for 18 years.

Another Jillism...

It's been about a week, so I don't remember the context. However, meaning to use the word "bedraggled," she instead used the made up "bewraggled." She thinks she's such a wordsmith, but it inevitably comes back to bite her in the ass. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

To start with I want to make everyone understands I am not snarking on Sadie. Something is wrong with her. She is 10 she is old enough she should not be leaning on dad's shoulder ( very cute picture though) if she is getting enough sleep and food. I was in church almost every Sunday as a child ( I did enjoy it very much...still do) but if I was not interested in the sermon I occupied myself by reading the hymnal, looking around at other people, finding the next song we would sing ect. She looks like she is either recovering from a long, lingering lillnes or about to pass away from the same illness. 

I agree, she looks tired and very unhealthy.  She reminds me of those kids undergoing treatment in those St. Jude ads.  Fortunately the majority of those kids get better.

• Sad 9

I agree Sadie looks ill and wish someone cared enough to get her to a doctor and have a full physical. That being said I don’t find the leaning on her dad problematic. SGirl is 16 and still a snuggle bug, tired or fully rested. She reaches for our hands when we walk, often between us, hugs us, and leans on us. All kids are different, and I doubt the Rod kids get enough parental affection. 

Jill announced Renee’s courtship with mystery man, and had no problem posting that picture of their group dinner date with emoji disguising MM, and talking about their future engagement. Then nothing, and that is not like Jill to forgo the opportunity to invade her children’s or anyone else’s privacy. Either MM really put his foot down about not even emoji pics, or Jill’s batshit crazy behavior made him run. I do hope Renee gets to escape. 

• Like 16

I wonder how often Renee gets to see MM. He lives about 2 hours away, but he has a real full-time job. That's a bit of a drive on a weeknight. He can't accompany them on the Grifting Tour. 

That leaves weekends. But where to stay? Have the boys moved back into their room since the departure of Ma and Pa? 

So many questions. 😀

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

We have seen the hours Jill keeps, so you know it might be a lack of sleep add to that their diet... when they do eat, its usually a lot crap that either Jill makes (grease soup) or dinners out of cheap pizza. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 7

We do not allow for doxxing on Primetimer. Discussion of reality show/social media personalities is appropriate in the corresponding threads, but these are real people not characters.

Discussion of information shared for public consumption is fine (so long as it does not otherwise violate site rules), but we do not want to encourage the disclosure of private information. 

This is not a warning, simply a reminder of best practices. If you have questions please PM @deaja and @Scarlett45.

29 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill ran off the mystery man hunk! 

Or 

Jill sits next to Rene while R and MM FaceTime.

Rene is dreaming of her own chicken leg and clothes and her own bed. 

If Jill is anywhere near while they FaceTime she would have already shared a picture of Renee holding her phone, and one of the screen with MM’s face covered by an emoji. She has no filter or impulse control. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
On 5/3/2023 at 1:22 PM, BradandJanet said:

It appears that Plexus People can qualify for the cruise with 1250 points, mostly for signing up new victims. Qualifying does not guarantee a cabin.

Jill's post is not true; this trip is not even close to "all expenses paid." The vouchers aren't generous. With airfare to and from the port city in Florida for two, a possible night or two in a hotel before and after the cruise, onboard expenses for two, and excursion costs, there will be plenty of money out of pocket. The $3000 voucher is for a shopping trip to a Bloomingdales in Florida after the cruise, so that's separate from the cruise. 

The bottom line is that Jill will never even see the outside of the ship. 

https://helpcenter.plexusworldwide.com/hc/en-us/articles/13822715851675-2023-Leaders-Retreat-Caribbean-Cruise-Contest

I wonder how the points are tabulated - free cruise for 1250 points, where you get five points for every $500 you spend or for every 20 people you sucker into this MLM?

I've listened to enough podcasts to know that the above poster is 100% spot-on.  The cruise itself might be free but each person incurs a lot of expenses for all the other stuff, like getting there and back.

I find it interesting that Jill is so geeked on these cruises when she knows that if she attended, she might encounter something awful like a woman sitting by a pool in a bikini.  I wonder what would happen if she ever did manage to qualify - would she go just for pure bragging rights and SM content?  Or would she abstain because the ship would surely be filled with hussies in shorts?

I'd love to watch her brain explode on that particular conundrum.

20 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Aw, bless her heart… 

I wish I lived in the south so I could say this without feeling like a fraud, lol

17 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I wonder if the poor pastor who agreed thought that perhaps, by inviting this large family to screech sing at his church, they might - in exchange for the invitation - perhaps help the congregation paint the community room, or pull weeds, patch a leak in the roof, etc.  Instead the Rods Grifting Musical Tour roll on out of the RV, hog the church bathrooms, grift some bargain clothes, and more than likely someone takes pity on the waifs and takes the entire family out to lunch or dinner.

I picture the Rods blowing through these poor churches like the Tasmanian Devil, leaving empty food cartons, dirty socks and Smiley tracts in their wake.

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
46 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Or would she abstain because the ship would surely be filled with hussies in shorts?

This is what she is going to give as an excuse when she finds out the "free" trip isn't free and she hasn't grifted enough to cover the extra expenses.   

And that's presuming she can find enough suckers to even qualify.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill ran off the mystery man hunk! 

Or 

Jill sits next to Rene while R and MM FaceTime.

Rene is dreaming of her own chicken leg and clothes and her own bed. 

I think it's quite possible Jill did run off MM. Poor Renee! What does she have to look forward to now? Years of caring for Jill & Shrek's children instead of her own. Traveling in the stinky, junky, crowded RV (if it's running) so she can shriek sing for her supper. What a boring existence for a young woman!

• Sad 12

Yeah, we haven't gotten an update on the RV. Is it done and dusted? Are the Rods stuck traveling only as far as they can go in one day in the van (crashing on the church floors)? I think the van also has several hundred thousand miles on it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder if the poor pastor who agreed thought that perhaps, by inviting this large family to screech sing at his church, they might - in exchange for the invitation - perhaps help the congregation paint the community room, or pull weeds, patch a leak in the roof, etc.  Instead the Rods Grifting Musical Tour roll on out of the RV, hog the church bathrooms, grift some bargain clothes, and more than likely someone takes pity on the waifs and takes the entire family out to lunch or dinner.

I picture the Rods blowing through these poor churches like the Tasmanian Devil, leaving empty food cartons, dirty socks and Smiley tracts in their wake.

I think the Rods have been invited back to that church for a few years now, so I doubt the pastor has any unrealistic expectations about them. I assume he must really like David's preaching and the family's musical performances. 

Or maybe David is aware of some skeleton in the pastor's closet, and is happy to keep it on the downlow in return for his bro in Jesus extending those repeated invitations . . . 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder how the points are tabulated - free cruise for 1250 points, where you get five points for every $500 you spend or for every 20 people you sucker into this MLM?

I've listened to enough podcasts to know that the above poster is 100% spot-on.  The cruise itself might be free but each person incurs a lot of expenses for all the other stuff, like getting there and back.

I find it interesting that Jill is so geeked on these cruises when she knows that if she attended, she might encounter something awful like a woman sitting by a pool in a bikini.  I wonder what would happen if she ever did manage to qualify - would she go just for pure bragging rights and SM content?  Or would she abstain because the ship would surely be filled with hussies in shorts?

I'd love to watch her brain explode on that particular conundrum.

I wish I lived in the south so I could say this without feeling like a fraud, lol

If she ever qualified for a cruise, they would probably sit in their stateroom the entire time reading the Bible like Pris and David did when they went on a cruise.  They posted pictures of themselves reading in their room.  That way they could avoid seeing people in skimpy bathing suits or folks dancing or in the casino.  It would be a virtue statement to show that they can avoid worldly things on a cruise, unlike other people.  I wonder if Jill knows what activities are available, or how normal people act, on a cruise.  Maybe she thinks you stay in your room all the time and only come out to eat.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

I bet there's tax on that prize too. 

The points calculation is complicated. I read it three times and didn't understand. Maybe people who know the Plexus system can figure it out. I'm sure the Plexus legal team looked over the terms very carefully to make sure the company doesn't pay out a cent more than necessary. 

Maybe hussies in shorts and bathing suits are OK with Jill if they're Plexus superstars. She seems to cut Plexus People a lot of slack in their dress. She has  posed with women in pants and short skirts at past conventions. 

If Jill and David came out of their room just to eat, they'd be spending a lot of time out of their room. Also, BME and DBD don't seem to go into swimming pools, so there's no reason for them to be near one. But we know they need to find something to criticize or their lives would be meaningless. 

• LOL 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill WAS bemoaning not being able to go to Nashville in June after the bus broke down. Turns out there's a Plexus convention at that time. Let's see if she ends up finding a way to go. 

From April 27th:

We had a commitment in June in Nashville. Months ago, I had booked an Airbnb location.  A couple of days ago, they messaged me, telling me they had canceled. 😳 I panicked. 😬 There were basically no vacancies left close to where I needed to be. 😫

What to do?  In a panic, I contacted my AMAZING and very trustworthy travel agent, xxxxxx, and she set ALL my worries at ease.  She quickly found me a location in a beautiful hotel for a very reasonable price.  She is AMAZING!  If you want someone you can trust to find the location and deal you want, please contact xxxxx.  I HIGHLY recommend her!  👌

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 7

Looks like the Rods went on another "field trip."

I wonder if, when Jill takes her brood on a "field trip" - does she actually give the kids a little history lesson of the significance of where they are going and how it pertains to their lives?  Does she wander around exhibits, reading the placards out loud and asking her kids what they think of what they're seeing?  Do the kids write a report on where they've been?

I know the answer, but those aren't field trips, that's just social media content.  The kids aren't getting anything from it except Mahmo's camera in their faces.

• Like 2
  • Sad 16
19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Can you imagine having to listen to that caterwauling and out-of-tune violin for FIVE DAYS??!!?? 😖 I would consider that hell on earth.  And can you imagine how much money that church had to shell out in order to feed that bunch for five days??!?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

My take on these free trips is they fall somewhere between an actual prize and a rip-off - so not a total rip-off. Most of the points awarded throughout the year are 5 points with a few upwards of 50. This month the points are double.

I think Jill gets 5 points for every new customer who spends $100 and gets higher points for one of her recruits starting their own team.

Just going on the 5 points, if I'm even close to figuring this out, Jill would need at least 250 $100 sales for the year. So more than 2 a month.

As far as the cruise I think once they're on the boat food and non-alcoholic drinks are free. Oh and I think, from previously reading over in the Sister Wives thread, they can bring a guest, but maybe that is just for Plexus-ers higher up on the pyramid scheme food chain.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Looks like the Rods went on another "field trip."

I wonder if, when Jill takes her brood on a "field trip" - does she actually give the kids a little history lesson of the significance of where they are going and how it pertains to their lives?  Does she wander around exhibits, reading the placards out loud and asking her kids what they think of what they're seeing?  Do the kids write a report on where they've been?

I know the answer, but those aren't field trips, that's just social media content.  The kids aren't getting anything from it except Mahmo's camera in their faces.

We were recently on vacation and went to the Grand Rapids Public Museum. It was a weekday and we saw several groups of school kids there carrying clipboards and pens/pencils at the various displays. I even saw one kid asking question of an employee/docent about the horse drawn fire truck on display. Some kids were at the animal exhibits, some at the "money of the world" ones. They were usually in groups of 2 or 3. The museum is awesome and has everything you could imagine. It was nice to see these groups of well behaved kids learning something.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 17