Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the Duggars because Jim Holt was just as outspoken about the felon and JB as Bobye.  I assume whatever is going on has involves other things we don't know about.  I have heard Jim Holt has some very strange ideas and can fly off the handle easily.

I did say they were former Boobchelle besties. Testifying against the FF put the final nail in that friendship coffin. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the Duggars because Jim Holt was just as outspoken about the felon and JB as Bobye.  I assume whatever is going on has involves other things we don't know about.  I have heard Jim Holt has some very strange ideas and can fly off the handle easily.

I agree, if Bobye's testimony upset her husband, there would have been something then.   It's been almost a year and a half since she testified.   Also there are most likely issues COMPLETELY unconnected to anything to do with the Duggars and FF.   Their belief system however .......

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

As was noted above, Jim Holt has a temper. I wonder how long this has been going on with Bobye? Maybe more frequently as the kids moved out? Kayleigh Holt Tull confirmed that corporal punishment was a common occurrence when she was growing up. 

• Sad 11

If you want to watch something scary, watch the YouTube video that Jill posted about the Reborn dolls/Janessa’s birthday.  A couple of days ago, I was wondering which kid’s voice I heard in the PawPaw Tunnel.  Now I know it was Olivia’s voice. 😥 Oh, and Hannah is now wearing makeup.  I forgot to notice her eyebrows.

• Sad 11
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If you want to watch something scary, watch the YouTube video that Jill posted about the Reborn dolls/Janessa’s birthday.  A couple of days ago, I was wondering which kid’s voice I heard in the PawPaw Tunnel.  Now I know it was Olivia’s voice. 😥 Oh, and Hannah is now wearing makeup.  I forgot to notice her eyebrows.

I watched it, much against my better judgment.  Those are expensive dolls, and I have to think Jill grifted them from someone.  That baby voice Mahmo uses is as annoying AF.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

A fan (?) commented on the price of the dolls being $100, to which our Jilly replied "they did not cost me that much."  Of course not, Jill.  Only you would find a way to weasel someone into giving you something (or having someone else pay for it).  I am a staunch believer in women's rights, but this crazy bitch should not have reproduced.  If it wasn't for her gold medal in Grifting101 ™️, she wouldn't be able to keep a rock garden alive.

• Like 19
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Were the dolls real reborn dolls or knockoffs? 

image.thumb.png.0812db9488bd263157fd6291ae463f3e.png

The authentic original Reborn dolls are on sale now, starting at $69.99.  I tried to find what kind of box they come in, because it’s difficult to tell which ones are knockoffs, but I would recognize the box I saw at Jill’s.  There are some knockoffs that cost thousands of dollars! 😳 I don’t think The Waifs would’ve known the difference, so I would’ve bought a cheaper off-brand.

Poor little Sofia is still sucking her thumb at age 7, and 5-year-old Janessa is still dragging around that nasty security rag.  I think Jill wants them to act like babies.  I’m terrified that she’s going to get pregnant again.  Please, Lord, shut down that lunatic’s womb and keep it shut!!! (For those who don’t know, Jill bragged about God opening her womb when she got pregnant with Janessa.)

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She took pictures which included the couple, and video, which included the guests. 

(picture is cropped by me)

36AA0D6D-A3DD-4E4B-B82A-40FEFA9D497F.jpeg

BF62BCCD-6715-439B-ADF1-E769919D7F9C.jpeg

It makes me crazy that Tessie never stands up straight.  Her posture is horrible!

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Nessie will soon have Kaylees real baby to play with.

Still no gender reveal for Kaylee??? Gee obviously Kaylee is not Mahmos favorite!

My guess Kaylee is having a boy and Jill wanted a granddaughter. 

I'm hoping that Jonathan put the kibosh on one of Jill's cheesy gender reveals. But he's a milquetoast and seems to willingly subject himself to Jill's whims, so you are probably correct! 

• Like 10
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

but the girls looked way overdressed compared to their plain dressed hosts.

You mean the real way to dress modestly?   Its not just making sure all your bits and them some are covered.   Its about not drawing attention to yourself with 12 layers of mistmatched clothing and spackle.  

• Like 17
  • LOL 1

I think the Rod daughters look OK for the wedding except for the half inch of grease paint on their faces. I'm surprised Jill didn't run to the Amish thrift store and buy used Amish dresses for them. That would have been even more tasteless than Jill usually is. 

What's going on with Hannah's (?) stomach in that photo? Did she have to roll up the waist of that skirt several times so she wouldn't trip on the hem? 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

Was Jill invited to this wedding too? If so, I can only imagine what she showed up wearing. She doesn't own all that gaudy jewelry for nothing. 

To the Amish and Mennonites, the Rpdroguii are outsiders, who have their own ways. They're probably less critical of what people wear than Jill is, so I doubt anybody thought too much about the girls' dresses. Jill's running around with her camera would have been a problem, however. 

• Like 12

The pink top dress looks 3x too large. Does the black and white dress have snowflakes on it?

They're young still, well I guess not NotNurie3, but younger kids can wear more casual clothing to almost any wedding.

• Like 2

I wish they would take Tessie to be evaluated by an ortho.  She may have a spine issue.  Same with one of the Duggar girls--maybe Hannie? (I get them mixed up).  She also slumps with her neck pushing forward.  Tessie's posture looks pretty bad in this picture.  Just judging from this picture, to me it looks like she is not able to "stand up straight".

Edited:  I should have said "ortho doctor".  Sorry.

Edited by CalicoKitty
more info added
  • Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill hates Sofia the most. That is her most neglected child. 

Sofia always was and still is the Victorian ghost child floating at the edge of the family photos. Poor kid. Life is hard enough in that family for the kids Jill likes. I can't imagine how the non-favored ones manage. 

• Sad 17
  • Applause 1

By eating snacks Dave leaves behind when he goes to sleep. 3 potato chips per kid..: maybe 1 Hershey kiss per kid. 

23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Sofia always was and still is the Victorian ghost child floating at the edge of the family photos. Poor kid. Life is hard enough in that family for the kids Jill likes. I can't imagine how the non-favored ones manage. 

• Sad 10
36 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

By eating snacks Dave leaves behind when he goes to sleep. 3 potato chips per kid..: maybe 1 Hershey kiss per kid.

Only if it is their week....☹️

• Sad 10
54 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Tough to grab snacks when DBD is crashed in the recliner clutching his bag of chips. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If the dresses would have been a solid color instead of the prints, they would have been fine.

But then they wouldn’t have matched Jill’s wardrobe theme for that day, which was obviously FLOWERS. 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, zoomama said:

mennonites wear prints all the time. the girls were dressed appropriately, considering what their options were.

The reason I said that was, Jill filmed the guests, in that video I did not see anyone in prints.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

How did Jill & Company score an invitation to that wedding? I can't imagine why Old Order Mennonites would want the Rods and Jill's phone at their celebration. 

The good side is that the older Rodlets probably got a filling meal that day. Maybe the hosts encouraged them to take home some leftovers. 

• Like 13
6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wish they would take Tessie to be evaluated by an ortho.  She may have a spine issue.  Same with one of the Duggar girls--maybe Hannie? (I get them mixed up).  She also slumps with her neck pushing forward.  Tessie's posture looks pretty bad in this picture.  Just judging from this picture, to me it looks like she is not able to "stand up straight".

Edited:  I should have said "ortho doctor".  Sorry.

I wonder if she has scoliosis?  Or if she is trying to appear shorter?  It wouldn't surprise me if Mahmo tells her that she won't catch a husband if she is taller than he is?

I hope Tessie sees a doctor, too.  Along with her younger sisters.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

I get the all the daughters' names mixed up, but is the 'neck jutter' doing it on purpose? Like as in Jill says smile, and she strikes a pose. 

Or maybe in addition to looking shorter, she's deemphasizing her chest?

Whatever it is, it is an odd pose, one that I would think Jill would 'correct' her on for photos.

What up with this? All the comments are about safety and the RV and of course money.

image.png.9676778d4c045830731aa59cc0197c9f.png

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

A belt broke on the RV and "when it burned up it did a lot of damage" - same belt that broke a few months ago. She is grifting for a new RV and I think she might have said the van fell off the rv as well.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 5

They are stuck on the side of the road somewhere in Pennsylvania.  The kids are unloading the whole RV and waiting for Kaylee and Jonathon to come get them (about 2 1/2 hours from home).  Jill went live on facebook asking for prayers and videoing the kids and belongings alongside the highway.

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 2

Just watched Jill's Live. It's going to cost a pretty penny to tow that RV back to Ohio for repairs. I guess DBD will stay with it until he finds someone who will tow it, then he can drive the hitched car home. 

Jill was crying, but she just HAD to do a Live. The grift for a new RV has begun.

• Like 11
  • Fire 4
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

A belt broke on the RV and "when it burned up it did a lot of damage" - same belt that broke a few months ago. She is grifting for a new RV and I think she might have said the van fell off the rv as well.

SEVERE damage?  

• LOL 17
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

If they would just stay home, and get jobs, they could afford decent vehicles. They have several people of age to get decent jobs and contribute to the household income.  

I imagine that's why all of a sudden it's Phillip's last semester at "college." I figure he's already paying rent, now he can work full time and buy food, too! How convenient since Jill will soon be losing whatever income Timcel is contributing.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1