Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Just as it is hard for me to believe that people don’t take Part D or a Medigap  supplement.  

Some of us have a secondary insurance from employment before we retired and it makes more sense to keep that, but I guess you could call that a form of Medigap.  That 20% co-pay can be a hefty amount.  

I wonder if the older Noyes have anything like that.  It isn't looking like it.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

As the quote says that is Part B coverage. It’s hard for me to imagine people not taking Part B, but I’m sure it happens.

My parents didn’t take it. My mom is now 87 and regrets that my dad refused it when they first became eligible. If you don’t sign up when you’re first eligible it becomes extremely expensive and unaffordable. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There is so much I could say about this. I will spare everyone my rant. 

Same. Sooo many people have literally nothing in this country and we allow it. 🥲

44 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Just as it is hard for me to believe that people don’t take Part D or a Medigap  supplement.  

All of that costs hundreds a month, every month, from the moment someone hits 65. Many are just barely surviving and don’t have extra. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 11

The boys need to use the bathroom  on the other side of the kitchen. It's the same one they used before, but now they have to come downstairs. The distance is about the same. I think the closest bathroom to Ma would be the one in the girls' room. She will need help getting there.

Jill and David have a spa bath for themselves. They should have taken the upstairs attic room and let Ma and Pa have theirs since this seems to be temporary. Jill said she was happy to have them for Christmas. Don't they have to sing their way to Florida soon anyway? 

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The boys need to use the bathroom  on the other side of the kitchen. It's the same one they used before, but now they have to come downstairs. The distance is about the same. I think the closest bathroom to Ma would be the one in the girls' room. She will need help getting there.

Jill and David have a spa bath for themselves. They should have taken the upstairs attic room and let Ma and Pa have theirs since this seems to be temporary. Jill said she was happy to have them for Christmas. Don't they have to sing their way to Florida soon anyway? 

Yes, they go to Florida in January. It's really unclear what happens to Ma then. I don't understand why Jill did all this if the stay was going to be so short. Doesn't Lisa also live in Ohio? Why couldn't she take Ma? 

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, they go to Florida in January. It's really unclear what happens to Ma then. I don't understand why Jill did all this if the stay was going to be so short. Doesn't Lisa also live in Ohio? Why couldn't she take Ma? 

Jill needs to use her Ma to grift the gas money for the Florida trip.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That bed needs railings. As it looks now, it's dangerous.

I’m worried the beds will scooch apart and leave Ma or Pa in the hole!

58 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Why could And kaylee and Jon couldn’t help while they’re gone?   They’re only 4 miles away or could stay there. Jon works but And Kaylee isn’t doing anything but gestating. I know they’re newlyweds but wouldn’t it make Jesus happy?

• Like 5

I attended a candlelight service tonight. My grandson played the drums. 😁 It was a very nice service. I did not see anyone with their phone out panning the church recording.

Screenshot from the video which I couldn’t click the sound off on fast enough.

52EB2071-479B-47A3-84DE-BA8BA2BA271E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

Ma was shown with a hospital bed in the living room at her home in W.V. So I am guessing they got that one with medicaid and cannot get another one for the barndo. Jill did make it sound as if ma and pa would only be staying until the winter grift tour.

In other news, Jill has video up of candle light service at church, which of course she is filming. Tim is there with mama.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 6

Jill also posted a sad video of Pat meeting Newbie for the first time. She was still at the rehab facility, so I guess a few days ago? It doesn't look like she has any use of her right arm. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Rouge comma! Can't type.
  • Sad 9
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

All of that costs hundreds a month, every month, from the moment someone hits 65. Many are just barely surviving and don’t have extra. 

Not to mention it's complicated and confusing for "normal" people, let alone a fundie who is probably lightly educated and barely literate. It's going to be damn scary when the second- and third-generation fundies -- the ones "educated" by their sister-moms solely at the SotDRT -- get to that season of life. They won't have the slightest clue how to deal. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 16
18 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

There are also side railings available for regular beds.  "Magic Rails" is the one I found for a neighbor.  Ma would not have railings up on her bed if she was in a facility.  Nursing homes and hospitals make it very clear that rails are a form of restraint.  My dad kept falling when he tried to get out of bed without help, and the staff lowered his (hospital) bed all the way to the ground and put a fall mat next to it.  That way he would  roll out instead of fall out.  It seems to me that a patient would need a bed rail for safety, but that is not the way the law sees it.  You cannot restrain a patient.  I was actually told that "a patient has the right to fall".  But you can have rails on a bed at home.

That is what they did with my dad, put a mat next to his bed and lowered it as much as they could. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Timothy R has a stocking at aunt Ellen’s house. I’m interpreting it as Tim is courting.

Did Timothy R have a stocking at Jill’s home? 

Timbits was at the church with the rest of the Rods yesterday. Saw him as Jill panned around in her ever so classy way. 

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Screenshot:

rodlet with a filter selling plexus for mahmo . 

This poor rodlet looks like she is very sick.

9FD5EECF-7944-4303-98F6-6CFA7AAC9842.jpeg

Calling all pedophiles. She’s all made up and licking her lips for the audience. What the fuck???? 😡🤬

https://www.reddit.com/r/RodriguesFamilySnark/comments/zupi12/help_us_god/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Edited by AstridM
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 8
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Screenshot:

rodlet with a filter selling plexus for mahmo . 

This poor rodlet looks like she is very sick.

9FD5EECF-7944-4303-98F6-6CFA7AAC9842.jpeg

I don't understand why even a looney tune like Jill would think that filter was necessary for a child! Or why she thinks it's her small child's job to help sell that snake oil! As far as I can tell, Jill has no redeeming qualities. This photo and the video it came from, are just so weird!

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Timbits was at the church with the rest of the Rods yesterday. Saw him as Jill panned around in her ever so classy way. 

Did Tim take a fairy back home or drove all night? 

Might as well have stayed over at aunt Ellen’s 12/25 too.

• LOL 11

If one sits behind the rods one can escape Jill’s clutches faster? She probably holds a collection plate just for herself!

So Nurthan came to Ohio with 2 tiny babies just for Christmas? They should have stayed home. 

Did Jill show off all the gifts she got?

Even Tim came back.

I guess Jill/ofJill force everybody to spend Christmas with them/give them $ and gifts. 

Who took the whole Rod clan out to Olive Garden? Jon, Tim or Nate? 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Dave didn’t even bother to put a decent shirt on lol

Jill should just give him a gallon of hummingbird juice and leave him alone to watch the map.

He wanted to go back to his recliner after Kaylee announced her pregnancy. He only went into the kitchen in the first place because he thought it was dinnertime. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
14 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Dave didn’t even bother to put a decent shirt on lol

Jill should just give him a gallon of hummingbird juice and leave him alone to watch the map.

He wasn't preaching, he didn't care.    He's as bad as Jill.   Unless its about him, he isn't putting out any effort.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

Wow, aside from DBD’s lack of nice shirt and Jonathan claiming what is his, that’s a very nice picture!  All of the kids are in nice, decent-fitting clothing.  The girls actually look…cute!  And their shoes all appear to be at or near the correct sizes and are appropriate to the style dress being worn.  I’m impressed!  Maybe Ma or Pa Turtleneck bought the kids nice clothes as a Christmas gift. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Maybe Ma or Pa Turtleneck bought the kids nice clothes as a Christmas gift. 

IMO that would only be in the sense of Jill appropriating some of Ma's GFM money to pay the clothes. Poor Ma is very ill and bed-ridden, and I doubt she's up to shopping for her grandkids' clothes. I'd be amazed if a Fundy guy of Pa's age took any interest in the clothing of his young granddaughters, unless to condemn something he deemed immodest. I think that in the IFB world, getting the kids dressed is women's work. 

• Like 9

Just what a pregnant Kay needs a pooping / peeing puppy to take care of! How is she gonna bend down in 6 months to care for the dog? And her morning sickness and picking up after a dog? A puppy is not a toy. 

Puppy will be gone before baby arrives. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Just what a pregnant Kay needs a pooping / peeing puppy to take care of! How is she gonna bend down in 6 months to care for the dog? And her morning sickness and picking up after a dog? A puppy is not a toy. 

Puppy will be gone before baby arrives. 

Maybe Jill will "pray in" someone to care for the dog? Nah!

ETA - Maybe Jonathon & Kaylee would have liked to pick out their own dog when they are ready for one. But of course Jill has the final say on everything they do!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Like 2
  • Sad 10
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

"Prayed in" probably means that Jill needed a present for Jon and Kaylee but she didn't want to spend any money, so she talked someone into giving her a dog. Did Kaylee and Jonathan ask for a dog? Probably not, but that wouldn't stop Jill.

Speaking of dogs, you know who I didn't see? Snuggles! 

• Sad 10
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Speaking of dogs, you know who I didn't see? Snuggles! 

Jill probably sold poor Snuggles at a yard sale like she did their cat in West Virginia. She needs money to get the stink van to Florida, and now she has to feed Ma and Pa in addition to Hunk. 

As often as the Rods are on the road, I don't know why they had a dog in the first place. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3