Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

This is very interesting. I had a friend in high school who had bowed legs, and her weight and diet were fine. 

I never thought of the cause being the knee joints, but that makes sense. I guess both knees would have to be replaced or the two legs might end up different lengths. 

Taking my reply to small talk.

3 hours ago, beckie said:

I get the impression Renee skips many meals so that her siblings get fed. I feel for her.

I am not so sure it is skipping so the siblings can eat. maybe, but also due to the pressure from mama to be "trim" or "svelte" to attract a godly male. That, along with the menfolk eating first would keep one thin. Both Kaylee and Renee have been shown working in the kitchen, while in the background the menfolk have empty plates and the smaller children are eating. They have been show eating salad at like 10pm, after the dishes have been washed etc.

• Sad 16
2 hours ago, beckie said:

I get the impression Renee skips many meals so that her siblings get fed. I feel for her.

Tim was doing that, wasn't he? Jill bragged what a good a Christian he was for fasting. 

The only people who can count on a  regular meals in that house, for whatever reason, are David, Jill, and a nursing baby. 

• Sad 15
55 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim was doing that, wasn't he? Jill bragged what a good a Christian he was for fasting. 

The only people who can count on a  regular meals in that house, for whatever reason, are David, Jill, and a nursing baby. 

Tim and Philip have fasted. Philip may have had a weekly fast day for a time.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9

Encouraging your children to fast is certainly a way to keep food costs down. Taking fewer vacations and buying less junk for home decorating are other strategies to keep the home budget in check, but that would be hard on Jill. Narcissists got to Narciss. 

Edited by BradandJanet
proofreading
  • Like 10
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Encouraging your children to fast is certainly a way to keep food costs down.

We certainly never hear of best hubby ever fasting(or drinking the pink drink). We only hear about him dipping up first, see him sitting with plates full of food, etc.

Interesting on the traffic citations for Dave, Tim and Phillip, their height and weight are listed from when they were issued an Ohio license. Tim and Phillip are listed same height 5' 10". In 2020, Tim weight 20lbs more than Phillip now. Of course that was when Tim returned to live in mama's yard, appeared to lose weight and claimed it was because he got "food poisoning" and lost 10lbs. Dave, as of 2020, had height listed of 6'. His weight, as shown on the citation info, is more than double Phillip's weight. ☹️

Not meaning to body shame anyone, just pointing out the contrast between dave and the kids in both body weight and  pics/comments by Jill that involve family dining.

• Sad 13
  • Useful 3
13 minutes ago, beckie said:

Is she saying she actually feels pain in her heart for the way she treats others? Or is she trying to say in her usual messed up way, that once again she's being picked on?

That's what she gets for trying to post deep thoughts after midnight. 😂

• LOL 11
6 hours ago, beckie said:

Is she saying she actually feels pain in her heart for the way she treats others? Or is she trying to say in her usual messed up way, that once again she's being picked on?

I think jill is saying she is being picked on. 

The comments for that post on Facebook are gold. Her friends are saying how nice Jill and David are. Haters definitely ruffled jills feathers. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, beckie said:

Upset that she is reproached and ill treated. I suppose she could mean that she is pained that she has to reproach and treat others poorly because their bad behavior makes her have to reproach and treat them poorly, classic "It hurts me to hurt you but you made me do it" thinking of some abusers. But Jill thinks her actions are loving because after all, she "hates the sin, not the sinner" and prays for everyone, even her "haters."

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Jill manages to get a vacation out of everything. I bet Jonathan left J & D money for the nice Olive Garden as thanks for the ride to the airport. (Jonathan was occupied by the thought of being married, so Jill gently reminded him how the son-in-law grift works.) Meanwhile, back at the barndo, Renee was frantically trying to find a way to feed everybody and to make sure the house was clean. 

• Sad 12
  • Love 2

BME must read here or on some other snark site like Reddit to feel picked on since she doesn’t allow comments on Instagram. And her Facebook is just her chosen friends so of course they praise her and Shrek. Of course feeling persecuted is probably her default rant, she after all, is the most godly person around.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

BME must read here or on some other snark site like Reddit to feel picked on since she doesn’t allow comments on Instagram. And her Facebook is just her chosen friends so of course they praise her and Shrek. Of course feeling persecuted is probably her default rant, she after all, is the most godly person around.

People who sell plexus for her might be her Facebook friends. Because occasionally a snarky comment is left lol. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 3

As a narcissist, Jill is all puffery. She feels powerful controlling the people she can, but other than her children  (always) and maybe Chunk, her sisters and parents, and her in-laws at times, there aren't many people who jump when Jill says "boo." Her ego is fragile, so she is prone to persecution. She looks for it too, so maybe there's a bit of masochism in all of this. 

Many people who get burned by people with personality disorders can eventually cut ties and move far away, but it's not easy. Hungary might be an interesting experience for Phillip if he can last long enough. I won't hold my breath. The minute he expresses an independent thought, Jill will drag him back to live in a trailer in the yard. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Hungary might be an interesting experience for Phillip if he can last long enough. I won't hold my breath. The minute he expresses an independent thought, Jill will drag him back to live in a trailer in the yard. 

I hope for Phillip to graduate his bible college. I watch the chapel services that have been 2x per week. The opening and ending announcements are interesting. Upcoming group activities, service opportunities and such. The guy that does the announcements most often gives practical advice that would be common in any group. Show up on time. It will be cold so dress accordingly, we will be cleaning...dress accordingly. etc.

He also gives calendar info. After the thanksgiving break he warned not to get in christmas break mode too soon. To stay focused on the last few weeks of classes and exams. He went on to say if students eased up too soon some students would skate by, but others would be in serious trouble since they are already struggling. The chapel group seems to be about 10-12 students, so that was a clear warning to some.

The 2 chapel services last week had Phillip looking a bit disheveled. No brown suit coat that was seen every other time, shirt haphazardly tucked in, body language seemed different.  Exams are this week I do hope he passes and continues next semester. It is his only chance to break the tiniest bit away from mama.

• Like 3
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 12
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Why so few students at chapel? Isn't it required? 

I don't think they have many students. The previous graduating class pics seem to be 10ish. So maybe this is Phillip's group. The chapel services I have watched seem to be the same 4 guys and the same group of girls. They all seem to sit in the same places each time, with guys on one side girls on the other.  Only the first 4-5 rows are shown on camera but there are empty seats/pews shown.

I do laugh every time when the girls are whispering to each other during prayers.  They recently sang Happy Birthday to one of the girls who I think they said was 26. 😬 in their world.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 5
42 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think they have many students. The previous graduating class pics seem to be 10ish. So maybe this is Phillip's group. The chapel services I have watched seem to be the same 4 guys and the same group of girls. They all seem to sit in the same places each time, with guys on one side girls on the other.  Only the first 4-5 rows are shown on camera but there are empty seats/pews shown.

I do laugh every time when the girls are whispering to each other during prayers.  They recently sang Happy Birthday to one of the girls who I think they said was 26. 😬 in their world.

The girls are there to become church secretaries or wives. There may not be many prospective husbands at Massillon, but church secretary can be a paying job. 

If Phillip is frazzled by the work and schedule at this school, we can get a sense of what Tim went through at two "real" colleges. Jill's homeschooling is worth next to nothing. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 4
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Oh, geez!  I know where they were!  Less than 15 minutes from my house!  5-10 from my office!  Get thee away from me Satan!

I hear you! That is about 20 - 30 minutes away from me. They need to stay out of our city!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, smallfry said:

I hear you! That is about 20 - 30 minutes away from me. They need to stay out of our city!

Your city might have the next Lord Daniel for Jill to find. Lord Eric of the gift shop, Lord Jason of the Olive Garden, Lord Kenny of the tourist information center, we need them. Daniel has his hands full with the Rods. 

• LOL 14
9 hours ago, Notabug said:

Oh, geez!  I know where they were!  Less than 15 minutes from my house!  5-10 from my office!  Get thee away from me Satan!

I would love someone to film someone saying that to Jill.  Her reaction to someone calling her Satan would be awesome.

• LOL 13
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I would love someone to film someone saying that to Jill.  Her reaction to someone calling her Satan would be awesome.

To me she's not exactly Satan, but she is a Pharisee, and that's what I would call her if I ever encountered her.  Maybe whited sepulchre too.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill did a video of walking from outside the house to inside, showing her Christmas ( or Chrismas) decorating. Stuff and more stuff. Not a person to be seen.

she is very materialistic. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

she is very materialistic. 

I agree But she posts on SM, giving all credit to the Lord, for recognizing that she is America's Best Christian. To me that title belongs to Mrs. Betty Bowers, but MMV on that point! 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill did a video of walking from outside the house to inside, showing her Christmas ( or Chrismas) decorating. Stuff and more stuff. Not a person to be seen.

Caption on the video from Jill

"The children and I each chose spaces in the house we wanted to decorate. They all did an amazing job! I sure do love Christmas time! Excuse the heavy breathing in the videos. It was too quiet in our house.

P.S. Some of these video clips were late at night, after everyone had gone to bed

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Caption on the video from Jill

"The children and I each chose spaces in the house we wanted to decorate. They all did an amazing job! I sure do love Christmas time! Excuse the heavy breathing in the videos. It was too quiet in our house.

P.S. Some of these video clips were late at night, after everyone had gone to bed

She is hopped up on plexuus for sure. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We all know JillR shoved all the kids and David into the "shop" so she could film all her ugly shit.

And we also know that all the decorations were picked out by BME and the Rodlets were told where to put them. I had to laugh at the heavy breathing comment. She was probably creeping around the house, filming and admiring her decorating skills.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
28 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Maybe her hunk snores?

That could explain why she's always awake in the middle of the night.

Or Jill wanders around the house all night talking and making videos. That could explain why Hunk always looks half asleep during the day. 

There's no question he snores though. His recliner in the map room probably shakes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 12/11/2022 at 12:47 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Okay it’s not as bad i as I thought. Her buttocks isn’t in the air, she’s just laying on the ledge. But this picture is an “advertisement”. She looks really cute, and like something a group of teens/young ladies would take together for fun, to send to their friends/love interests. But Jill is so foul and hypocritical and uses her kids as personal dolls. 

This was what I pictured (I found something that wasn’t too racy). 

8E3DB067-4924-457E-B552-CF81704A876F.jpeg

Somewhere out there is also a profile view of Nurie, thrusting out her chest…

On 12/12/2022 at 9:43 AM, ginger90 said:

With a picture showing 9 women……

A412F85A-70DA-4F70-A453-86601FE47FA9.jpeg

If you feel lonely, sell Plexus??? Oh dear.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 9