Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The other part of their sitting room (upstairs hallway), or possibly the other bedroom. Notice the extension cord running up the curtain and then along the eave.

image.png.1a40a7e968328c0513d7e0e9f2b9a3f6.png

The signature work of master electrician David Rodrigues. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3

Okay, this is a sitting room, notice the railing. Maybe they're making this into a 'bedroom suite'?

image.png.62982fddd5d969bad014ad985740e2c5.pngimage.png.04073170634a41ccc7b212798cdaa993.png

Looks like another tiny bedroom here. 

image.png.5b4c72e9c74cd8687b8f93beefa3ad62.png

My take on the upstairs is, its a large landing made into a sitting room, with two small bedrooms under the eaves.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And the throw rugs……the one at the top of the stairs, why?

She has life insurance policies on one or both of them?

2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Jill, in a house that small you don't need that much "stuff" on the top of every available surface and on the walls.  I wish Kaylee and Jonathan had cleaned everything off as soon as Jill walked out the door.  

She would have liked the Victorian era.

I think the top floor was originally an unfinished attic. 

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, this is a sitting room, notice the railing. Maybe they're making this into a 'bedroom suite'?

image.png.62982fddd5d969bad014ad985740e2c5.pngimage.png.04073170634a41ccc7b212798cdaa993.png

Looks like another tiny bedroom here. 

image.png.5b4c72e9c74cd8687b8f93beefa3ad62.png

My take on the upstairs is, its a large landing made into a sitting room, with two small bedrooms under the eaves.

I have that round welcome sigh! Its from Aldi!

8A7E177B-6F86-4CF1-81E5-58B999DA1002.jpeg

AA7AD7A8-06CA-426E-8CE8-2334676807F4.jpeg

CF757A93-0490-42CD-A819-E83061A85CCC.jpeg

A person can't even walk around that bed! WTF?

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Clearly Jill has keys to J&K's place. My worst nightmare would be to come back from my honeymoon to Jill's disastrous decorating of MY home. She's a nightmare that never ends. 

from the video this was not Jill coming in while they were on the honeymoon. But seems to be while Jonathan was at work, before they were married (and Kaylee) was involved with the love nest painting/decorating and only Jonathan got the surprise reveal it seems.

Screenshot (319).png

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

And the throw rugs……the one at the top of the stairs, why?

It's a great way to get a SEVERE knee injury.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It was listed as a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house.

Those bedrooms look smaller than Harry Potter's 'room' under the stairs.

• Like 8
  • LOL 10
20 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Those bedrooms look smaller than Harry Potter's 'room' under the stairs.

Does anyone remember what the square footage of that house is? IIRC it's small, especially to be divided into 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. 

• Love 1

Wonder if the towel rack used as a railing on the staircase came with the house, or if it was Jill's idea? I hope it's sturdy. We wouldn't want Jill to have another knee torn in four places. The kids have enough to do besides waiting on her for the next six months. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Does anyone remember what the square footage of that house is? IIRC it's small, especially to be divided into 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. 

I don't know the square footage, but from the outside it doesn't look like the downstairs could have a kitchen, living room, bathroom and a third bedroom.

Its a door and 2 windows across the front with one window on the side. Very narrow. Oh, I just noticed a jut out in the back.

image.png.4747b4b8da1e5e9fd1f248021079e21b.png

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2

Of course Jill "decorated" Kaylee's new house.   Just ugh.   

Everytime Jill posts one of her judgy mcjudgerson videos this is what I think of:

7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

This is the KJV version no less.   Matthew 7.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Thanks, @GeeGolly. I must have seen that photo, or one like it. Doesn't look like a lot of space in there so if it's chopped up into 3 bedrooms, those would be small rooms for sure!

I checked the minimum square footage on bedrooms, and it looks like their bedroom might fit the requirements for a bedroom of a single occupant (7 ft X 10 ft).  7 ft. is the minimum required in any direction.  Double occupancy requires 120 sq. ft minimum.  I bet those two upstairs bedrooms were both created for singles.  I'd be horribly claustrophobic in that bedroom!

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
On 11/22/2022 at 11:00 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Congregating in Florida for Thanksgiving. The couple in the middle is David Keller and Hannah Reber Keller. 

51789509-EE73-4FDF-8A83-DBACE5CED6A8.thumb.jpeg.5a253240129709d8d162a5e69edf18a8.jpeg

Is Priscilla pregnant again?!?  She looks like she is IMO.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:31 AM, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if they take the older kids into prisons to do ministry. Also, does anyone else see a bump on Pris?

Nurie has no choice. Nathan makes the rules. 

Yes, I just commented on the fact that Priscilla looks like she’s pregnant now!

I'm going to guess that J & K are positively thrilled with the space in their house.  My parents started married life in a very small "house trailer" with a 3/4 size bed.  It was parked in their friend's backyard, and my parents used the bathroom in the basement of their house.  They bought an actual house in a couple of years, but just the fact that they had their own "home" was thrilling to them.  J & K would have so much more room if they could get rid of all of Jill's junk, but I'm afraid they are stuck with it.  I'm happy that they seem so happy.

Edited by CalicoKitty
typo
  • Like 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Are there any closets upstairs?

Is there a photo of the bathrooms? I can't see how one of them could fit upstairs, so maybe there is a full bath and a half bath downstairs. Somehow. 

Pictures of the house were shown before they bought it. There a full bathroom for sure 

• Like 2

I think the eventually all of Jill’s children will become minimalists. Especially if they live in teeny tiny homes. Her dust trap decor is so impractical for young married couples.  (Or anyone with taste. )

Jill needs to look at some decorating magazines or pull up the map and watch HGTV.  It’s no longer 1980 and we’re not at Grandma’s house (even though Jill is a grandma). 

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Jillerization of this place could be worse. But couldn't they have put the bed in longways? They're going to be crawling over each other to get in and out. 

Well, they're newlyweds, so they probably won't mind. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
13 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

How do they make the bed without falling out of the window?

I’m dead haha. Best comment of the day! 

That’s a valid point too. They should install a window gate or something. And Kaylee is so trim she can definitely fall out the window.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 11/23/2022 at 1:49 PM, Heathen said:

Anybody notice that those three couples all look like each other? Not that Nathan looks like David -- Nathan and Nurie look alike, David and Priscilla obviously look alike, and the Keller/Reber couple look alike. It's kind of weird. 

I tried not to look that closely. 🙈

• LOL 4
On 11/23/2022 at 8:44 PM, oliviabenson said:

Jill is truly an awful person. So ugly inside and judgmental as heck.

She’s one of the nastiest pieces of work that I’ve seen in my 62 years on this Earth.  The craziest part is that she fully believes that she’s sinless.  She is so f’ing holier-than-thou and judgmental.  She makes my blood boil.

• Applause 5
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Wonder if the towel rack used as a railing on the staircase came with the house, or if it was Jill's idea? I hope it's sturdy. We wouldn't want Jill to have another knee torn in four places. The kids have enough to do besides waiting on her for the next six months. 

It looks like a grab bar.  It’s shorter than a towel rack.  The previous owners must have installed it for stairway safety.  Hope it’s secured in the studs.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

It looks like a grab bar.  It’s shorter than a towel rack.  The previous owners must have installed it for stairway safety.  Hope it’s secured in the studs.

I read somewhere that the last residents were seniors, so having a grab bar makes sense. Whether it's secured into the studs is another story. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Someone on Reddit said the newlyweds should buy a chamber pot lol

When my brother and I were little and slept upstairs at my grandma's house, she insisted that we had a large chamber pot so we wouldn't fall on the rather steep stairway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

At least there are actual hand rails that look somewhat sturdy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

966 sqft

I thought it was smaller 

In my country this is the average size of an apartment. But then, it is usually 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a kitchen in that size 

I think it would not look so small and cramped if it was decorated minimalistic 

And yes, we do not have our bathrooms connected to the bedrooms. Some even have bathrooms in the ground floor and bedrooms upstairs. So it is interesting to me to read about your view on the housing. I like learning new stuff

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3