Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I had the same thought.

That is really horrid (not your thought, but that you are likely right!). The kids don't get much for themselves.

Now if they got multiple knife sets and Kaylee wanted to give one to her Mom rather than returning one, okay- but I highly doubt that's what happened. 

• Sad 8
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Not to defend these people, but, if Ma is one of those women who doesn't feel dressed without a little lipstick and powder, then I think it is fine for her nieces to help her feel more like herself for her big homecoming.  She hasn't seen her house in a couple months, wearing a little slap might've helped her forget all she has lost and remember who she still is.  Remember, she birthed Jill, she probably does wear some makeup every day.  Also, if those are Amy's kids, they probably have experience in applying makeup for women who can't do their own.

There is no excuse, however, for Jill constantly speaking in demeaning terms about her mother's 'broken brain' and continually talking as if the only acceptable option for her mother is a complete and total recovery.  It's fine to pray for that, but it is also necessary to be realistic and humble and grateful she is still here and able to enjoy her family and vice versa.  There's also the fact, IMO anyway, that the main reason Jill wants Mama to recover completely is that 1. it will give Jill plenty of fodder for her social media and 2. there is no way Jill is going to devote a week every month to caring for her mother's daily needs.  I expect she will be checkin' outta there by the second week, even if all she does is stand around and issue orders while her kids do the actual work.

I think Ma’s nieces did a great job applying the makeup.  It looks a 1000 x’s better than anything Jill has ever done.  I think Ma looks very pretty in the “after”picture they took!

37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I had the same thought.

Me too.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Ma’s nieces did a great job applying the makeup.  It looks a 1000 x’s better than anything Jill has ever done.  I think Ma looks very pretty in the “after”picture they took!

They did do a nice non-plastered job.  I notice they're keeping her in headbands and hair coverings.  I hope that's her wish and not Jill and company insisting on hiding the "hair defect."  I hope she not be self-conscious about the spots that had to be shaved.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

That would be truly disgusting if Jill took ownership of a gift that Kaylee could really use when setting up her own housekeeping.

I would not be surprised if Jill did take Kaylee’s gift. For someone who is always singing her own Christian praises, Jill and DBD have never done one charitable thing in their existence. Likewise, they have never been selfless in benefit of their children. The scumbags do not even provide for their children’s basic needs. They stuff their faces, while their kids fast. They take numerous vacations, weekends, and date nights alone. The kids just fend for themselves. 

It would be nice if the next Rodlet to marry is close to her future in laws. Can you imagine a future MIL telling BME she will store the bridal shower gifts until they are needed.

The Rod kids have never had anyone looking after their best interest. Jill and David are just vile, selfish, abusive assholes. 

• Applause 11
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

that's about enough for one ear for everyone.   Oh who I am kidding, some kid will be "fasting" so DBD can have more.   Honestly that many kids and you have that much room, you plant a MUCH bigger garden.   But that's Jill, "Oh let's have a garden" then she has some pathetic thing that she thinks shows how wonderful she is.

Well, both my parents are from Iowa, and I lived there as a child.  My aunt and uncle had a good-sized garden, plus we had relatives who farmed and grew acres of sweet corn.  When we had corn, we had corn.  Everyone at the table would have  at least 3, and often many more, ears.  There would be a big platter on the table where everyone put the empty cobs.  You can't stop at only one ear of fresh-out-of-the garden corn.  It's just not possible.  Same with tomatoes.  How I miss fresh Iowa corn and tomatoes!  Jill's plate of corn looks good, but it not nearly enough for her family for one meal.  I am not impressed.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I can’t get a good picture of the invitation. This is when she was pregnant with Janessa. Her registry included a KitchenAid mixer, clothing and jewelry for her, and I don’t remember the rest.

F5C14B2F-EA5C-4C86-A1CF-CDC206F2529B.jpeg

6ED387C3-A83E-421A-8821-2FF85865DC46.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 5
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I can’t get a good picture of the invitation. This is when she was pregnant with Janessa. Her registry included a kitchen aid mixer, clothing and jewelry for her, and I don’t remember the rest.

Registered at MACY'S for baby #13?????  Honey you had plenty of stuff by then.  You did not need a baby shower.   

People were irked Jill Dillard had a baby shower for #3.   13 is just ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I can’t get a good picture of the invitation. This is when she was pregnant with Janessa. Her registry included a KitchenAid mixer, clothing and jewelry for her, and I don’t remember the rest.

A baby shower for the 12th (?) child? 🤦‍♀️ 

I see now it’s the 13th? WTF?

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

IIRC Jill got some comments and faster than a speeding bullet threw Nurie under the bus.  The same way she did when they were called on the Go Fund Me after Nurie or Not Nurie totaled the family’s sedan. I don’t have a problem with BME and DBD debasing themselves. It infuriates me when they use their children to incite pity that lines their pockets. 

At times like this I’m convinced God does not exist. How could a loving God allow kids to be abused and used as bait? 

• Sad 9
  • Love 5

Jill didn't need stuff for the baby. She just wanted gifts for herself. That's why the registry was at Macy's not Big Lots. 

As for the "diapers are always a blessing too" afterthought on the invitation,  I hope a lot of guests brought diapers. I can only imagine the look on Jill's face when she opened boxes to find diapers, not the clothes, jewelry, and expensive appliances she wanted.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

I’m so disappointed that Nurie did sign “her” invitation Nurie and the Not-Nuries. 
Ooh, a queen sized comforter set. Just what every baby needs and/or wants. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, Absolom said:

They did do a nice non-plastered job.  I notice they're keeping her in headbands and hair coverings.  I hope that's her wish and not Jill and company insisting on hiding the "hair defect."  I hope she not be self-conscious about the spots that had to be shaved.

That’s all Jill.

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

She may have one now.  She claims that she made the cream puffs.  Maybe she used a Kitchen-Aid to do it. 😄

I observed last night that the pastry was store bought. There was a bowl of whipped cream in the picture. Don't need a stand mixer for that!😂 She has a stand mixer, but it's some off brand.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I observed last night that the pastry was store bought. There was a bowl of whipped cream in the picture. Don't need a stand mixer for that!😂 She has a stand mixer, but it's some off brand.

I’ve made cream puffs many times and they’re extremely labor-intensive! I doubt she would have the patients or scale to make them by scratch!

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A clip of the Rods' performance at a music festival in Berlin, OH tonight has been posted on Reddit. It's especially awful. More screeching than singing. 

Caterwauling. That's the word I wanted. 😁

Jill seems under the misguided impression that she's quite the singer. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

On Jill's FB page they have a snippet of the kids playing "Orange Blossom Special" on the violins.  There's a brief scan of the audience.  I can't imagine anyone would be able to recognize the song from their playing.  I wonder if any of them have real talent that's been crushed by BME or the surroundings they have to deal with daily.  More than sad.

https://www.facebook.com/100006850878192/videos/pcb.3204008063170858/1206757219897103

Edited by wilsie
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

That would be truly disgusting if Jill took ownership of a gift that Kaylee could really use when setting up her own housekeeping.

Now, I am sure Jill would give Kaylee her old, mismatched knives in exchange.  Kaylee wouldn't want to have better things than BME!

1 hour ago, wilsie said:

On Jill's FB page they have a snippet of the kids playing "Orange Blossom Special" on the violins.  There's a brief scan of the audience.  I can't imagine anyone would be able to recognize the song from their playing.  I wonder if any of them have real talent that's been crushed by BME or the surroundings they have to deal with daily.  More than sad.

https://www.facebook.com/100006850878192/videos/pcb.3204008063170858/1206757219897103

I halfway thought about driving down there for a listen since I wasn't working yesterday,  Glad I didn't.  Those kids are sawing away at those instruments like they're trying to saw through the bars at Alcatraz.  No joy, no fun, no exuberance.  No wonder it doesn't even sound like the Orange Blossom Special.  The audience, aside from an average age of 87, looks like they're too stunned to respond.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, wilsie said:

Cats screeching sounds a lot better.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A clip of the Rods' performance at a music festival in Berlin, OH tonight has been posted on Reddit. It's especially awful. More screeching than singing. 

Caterwauling. That's the word I wanted. 😁

Ooooh!  What a treat. I’ll save that to watch for later!  

• LOL 5

I wonder if the people at Maranatha Baptist in VW are glad that Jill and the family left. There was a least one event, a funeral, to which the Rods were not invited, but Jill, kids, violins, and cowbells(?) showed up anyway, insisting that the deceased had requested their music. As I remember, the Rods weren't thrown out, but their untuned instruments and screechy voices were silenced, at least for that day. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, wilsie said:

The “Orange Blossom Special” was the worst I’ve ever heard.  That performance was so bad that I have secondhand embarrassment for the 3 Rod offspring who were made to perform it in public.  Shame on Jill for forcing them do it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
13 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I did see one Amish head covering in the video.  People were filmed from the back.  It would've been nice to see the audience's facial expressions during that "performance."

One video shows the audience from the front. Most were elderly. The video is on Reddit.

• Useful 3
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

One video shows the audience from the front. Most were elderly. The video is on Reddit.

Hopefully they couldn’t hear it well.

2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Comments under their performance in the town square . Jill’s fans are deaf…

EA073A18-332D-4DE6-9E83-559CD6D0CC0A.jpeg

15F16C3B-375E-45A3-A851-311C8E96745B.jpeg

8FC19D0D-D3C6-493E-B1F1-2B32E2D77067.jpeg

I thought dancing was satanic?

• Fire 3
  • LOL 9

According to a new Facebook post,  Jill says that in addition to singing, the family also passed out Gospel tracts.  Thereby adding insult to injury.  And then someone had to clean up all those tracts that were left all over the place. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 12
  • LOL 1