Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

What fun, going to your younger brother’s college for a meet and greet, and you are his older sister, stuck at home, with no chance of any further education. Oh and maybe your mother will ship you off to grandma to take care of her instead of little kids for some variety.

• Sad 16
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

What fun, going to your younger brother’s college for a meet and greet, and you are his older sister, stuck at home, with no chance of any further education. Oh and maybe your mother will ship you off to grandma to take care of her instead of little kids for some variety.

I thought Nurie and another sister got to go to bible college as well? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, Ripley School of the Bible through Crown College while on the road.

This took me a minute to figure out if the Bible school was real or not because I went straight to Ripley's. Then I settled on Ripley's actually being more accurate than Ripley. 🤣

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I thought Nurie and another sister got to go to bible college as well? 

I guess reading the Bible while traveling around in the RV with your entire family crammed in is something, but I don’t think it expanded their world view or exposed them to critical thinking. Not that Philly will be experiencing too much of that, but he will be exposed to a few people not named Rodrigues. 

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I guess reading the Bible while traveling around in the RV with your entire family crammed in is something, but I don’t think it expanded their world view or exposed them to critical thinking. Not that Philly will be experiencing too much of that, but he will be exposed to a few people not named Rodrigues. 

Not only crammed together, the sisters also listened together, each using one ear bud.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 10
45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not only crammed together, the sisters also listened together, each using one ear bud.

There is such a thing as too much togetherness.

1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

but he will be exposed to a few people not named Rodrigues.

that is going to blow his mind.   Able to talk to people he is NOT related to, without his mother hovering over him.    

• Like 8
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

There is such a thing as too much togetherness.

that is going to blow his mind.   Able to talk to people he is NOT related to, without his mother hovering over him.    

Jill will find a way to hover.... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, Ripley School of the Bible through Crown College while on the road.

Quite a while ago Jill mentioned Renee and Phillip were starting that same program and then nothing else was ever said about it. No pictures of them "studying" together. Nothing on their progress or their "graduation"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When two worlds collide - I just read a tragic story involving a kid and adult being swept up in a drainage ditch in Bentonville, AR. I doubt JillR reads/watches any news other than political news, but I'm hoping this story somehow finds her.

I saw the same story and immediately thought of BME, who allows, and probably encourages, her children to play in drainage ditches.  Even if she happened to see the story, it would go right over her head, if she even took the time to read it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

UGH NO.

I'm good with DD -- deadbeat Dave.   He doesn't support his family.   WORSE, he lets Jill exploit and abuse the kids so they look waifish for her grift.   He allows this all to happen so he doesn't have to actually WORK.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

UGH NO.

I'm good with DD -- deadbeat Dave.   He doesn't support his family.   WORSE, he lets Jill exploit and abuse the kids so they look waifish for her grift.   He allows this all to happen so he doesn't have to actually WORK.

How about LDDD, lazy dazy deadbeat Dave?  😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

UGH NO.

I use DBD. 😀

• Love 4

We should call Dave (Jack as in Jack of all trades)… because he is nothing like that

He is very fortunate that he didn’t get electrocuted while doing all that fixing up his house with no permits or proper training 

Or HD handsome Dave /Hunky Dave

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 4
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

We should call Dave (Jack as in Jack of all trades)… because he is nothing like that

He is very fortunate that he didn’t get electrocuted while doing all that fixing up his house with no permits or proper training 

Or HD handsome Dave /Hunky Dave

That is a serious consideration.  My cousin literally burned his house down while doing electrical work.  He is not an electrician but like to think of himself as "handy".  It is a couple years and they are still not back in the house.  He also doesn't know how to negotiate and was taken by some contractors and then decided to do some of the work himself - he is over 80!  So HD is very lucky.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

That is a serious consideration.  My cousin literally burned his house down while doing electrical work.  He is not an electrician but like to think of himself as "handy".  It is a couple years and they are still not back in the house.  He also doesn't know how to negotiate and was taken by some contractors and then decided to do some of the work himself - he is over 80!  So HD is very lucky.

Lazy Davy and the human sardines packed in that metal warehouse are lucky--so far. The baby nursery, where Janessa probably still sleeps, has one interior door and no windows so not a legal or safe bedroom. 

Sorry about your cousin and his family. My father used to do home electrical work. Fortunately, nothing ever went too wrong.  

• Sad 4
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Yeah one of my friends is married to an electrician, and he has some real horror stories about people who've tried to DIY. For a lot of things, if you screw it up, it just looks stupid and doesn't work very well, but if you do that with electrical work, you're really taking your life in your hands and endangering anyone in the house. 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah one of my friends is married to an electrician, and he has some real horror stories about people who've tried to DIY. For a lot of things, if you screw it up, it just looks stupid and doesn't work very well, but if you do that with electrical work, you're really taking your life in your hands and endangering anyone in the house. 

You NEVER skimp on or attempt to play electrician (unless you are already a trained electrician, of course). In addition to being extremely dangerous in many cases the insurance company will deny claims involving faulty electrical work performed by anyone other than a real electrician. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The pastry isn't homemade. All she did was whip some cream and plop what appears to be strawberries on top. Maybe some powdered sugar? Hard to tell.

I hope that dirty hand in the corner didn't help.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

So even Jill’s nieces are piling makeup on poor Ma. Jill seems to think Ma will get better because she is home now, like they weren’t praying enough at the hospital or rehab place or something. She has no clue what is really going on with her mother’s health. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 10
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F2959D60-385A-48B2-9F40-8DAEEDEA49B5.jpeg

6234B3DA-CB82-4660-B697-8EA041BB7C9B.jpeg

that's about enough for one ear for everyone.   Oh who I am kidding, some kid will be "fasting" so DBD can have more.   Honestly that many kids and you have that much room, you plant a MUCH bigger garden.   But that's Jill, "Oh let's have a garden" then she has some pathetic thing that she thinks shows how wonderful she is.

4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So even Jill’s nieces are piling makeup on poor Ma. Jill seems to think Ma will get better because she is home now, like they weren’t praying enough at the hospital or rehab place or something. She has no clue what is really going on with her mother’s health. 

Those are nieces   I thought they were Jill's girls.    Whoever it is, LEAVE MA alone.   geez, she didn't even have her shoes on, but let's goop her face up.

• Sad 14
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

that's about enough for one ear for everyone.   Oh who I am kidding, some kid will be "fasting" so DBD can have more.   Honestly that many kids and you have that much room, you plant a MUCH bigger garden. 

isn't it convenient her scraggly garden produced the exact amount of perfect corn for 1 meal? I figure the 4 youngest girls would get a half ear so hunk could have 3.

I also noticed a new knife set in the pic. my guess is it is from Kaylee's shower and mama needed new knives so....

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

that's about enough for one ear for everyone.   Oh who I am kidding, some kid will be "fasting" so DBD can have more.   Honestly that many kids and you have that much room, you plant a MUCH bigger garden.   But that's Jill, "Oh let's have a garden" then she has some pathetic thing that she thinks shows how wonderful she is.

Those are nieces   I thought they were Jill's girls.    Whoever it is, LEAVE MA alone.   geez, she didn't even have her shoes on, but let's goop her face up.

Not to defend these people, but, if Ma is one of those women who doesn't feel dressed without a little lipstick and powder, then I think it is fine for her nieces to help her feel more like herself for her big homecoming.  She hasn't seen her house in a couple months, wearing a little slap might've helped her forget all she has lost and remember who she still is.  Remember, she birthed Jill, she probably does wear some makeup every day.  Also, if those are Amy's kids, they probably have experience in applying makeup for women who can't do their own.

There is no excuse, however, for Jill constantly speaking in demeaning terms about her mother's 'broken brain' and continually talking as if the only acceptable option for her mother is a complete and total recovery.  It's fine to pray for that, but it is also necessary to be realistic and humble and grateful she is still here and able to enjoy her family and vice versa.  There's also the fact, IMO anyway, that the main reason Jill wants Mama to recover completely is that 1. it will give Jill plenty of fodder for her social media and 2. there is no way Jill is going to devote a week every month to caring for her mother's daily needs.  I expect she will be checkin' outta there by the second week, even if all she does is stand around and issue orders while her kids do the actual work.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Not to defend these people, but, if Ma is one of those women who doesn't feel dressed without a little lipstick and powder, then I think it is fine for her nieces to help her feel more like herself for her big homecoming.  She hasn't seen her house in a couple months, wearing a little slap might've helped her forget all she has lost and remember who she still is.  Remember, she birthed Jill, she probably does wear some makeup every day.  Also, if those are Amy's kids, they probably have experience in applying makeup for women who can't do their own.

I can buy that Pat may want to wear some makeup, but I've never seen pictures of her wearing nearly as much makeup as Jill wears. I don't even think Jill's sisters wear as much makeup as Jill either.

• Like 7
  • Love 1