Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

If Grandpa Noyes is in financial straits wouldn’t Jesus look more kindly on the grandchildren getting jobs to help Grandpa out while he sits at Grandma’s bedside than spending their free time knocking on strangers’ doors to spread the Word? It’s gross for Jill to post endless photos of her able bodied, unemployed children on their usual grift train while simultaneously begging for money for her Dad.

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I can never get enough of Michelle's Tin Man dress. She managed to outdo Jill Rodrigues in performative modesty with this one. This was Michelle's mother of the bride dress for her daughter's summer wedding, the one with the melting ice cream reception in the church's blacktop parking lot. Michelle's three layers of satin and lace must have weighed 15 pounds. Her face glowed/dripped for the entire afternoon. 

Jill R. would love to have this very dress! It's shiny, screams modesty, steals attention from the bride, and carries the scent of TV celebrity. It would be so very Christian of Michelle to share with Jill. 

And... Kelly wore it at two of her kids weddings.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I can never get enough of Michelle's Tin Man dress. She managed to outdo Jill Rodrigues in performative modesty with this one. This was Michelle's mother of the bride dress for her daughter's summer wedding, the one with the melting ice cream reception in the church's blacktop parking lot. Michelle's three layers of satin and lace must have weighed 15 pounds. Her face glowed/dripped for the entire afternoon. 

Jill R. would love to have this very dress! It's shiny, screams modesty, steals attention from the bride, and carries the scent of TV celebrity. It would be so very Christian of Michelle to share with Jill. 

One problem is that Jill is several inches taller than Michelle so the hemline might be close to the knee.  Would Jill have a modesty border?  Of course not.  Jill sometimes wears skirts that end tantalizingly close to the knee, shorter than anything she would allow her daughters to wear.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

One problem is that Jill is several inches taller than Michelle so the hemline might be close to the knee.  Would Jill have a modesty border?  Of course not.  Jill sometimes wears skirts that end tantalizingly close to the knee, shorter than anything she would allow her daughters to wear.

But she HAS her husband.  She can do things the unmarried daughters can't (see JB and Mech at the golf course for reference).  Unmarried women and girls are at the bottom of the list in this culture.

• Sad 9
17 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes, but it looked decent on Kelly. She wore the dress . It looked like the dress was wearing Michelle. 

As ugly as that dress was, Kelly did look okay in it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, 65mickey said:

With respect to that last picture, Patricia from Southern Charm would say ''What an inelegant picture."

This is why we don’t wear dresses to do physical activity. What an immodest position. Even a heathen like me knows that. And I highly doubt she is wearing shorts underneath. But who cares, right?  As long as she has a dress on, that’s all that matters.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Lady Edith
Because I obviously can’t spell HEATHEN. 🙄
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

This is why we don’t wear dresses to do physical activity. What an immodest position. Even a heathen like me knows that. And I highly doubt she is wearing shorts underneath. But who cares, right?  As long as she has a dress on, that’s all that matters.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Smiling at my memories as a 5th-6th grader (1964-65) playing softball or kickball at recess in a straight skirt that was at or just above the knee.  Later, of course had gym clothes for class in Jr. High.  Of course the Rodlet girls are so limited on their athletic activities.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Smiling at my memories as a 5th-6th grader (1964-65) playing softball or kickball at recess in a straight skirt that was at or just above the knee.  Later, of course had gym clothes for class in Jr. High.  Of course the Rodlet girls are so limited on their athletic activities.

I always wore shorts under my skirts at that age so I could run climb freely. 🙂 I liked skirts, but I wasn’t about to let them lessen my play options!

• Love 4
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I always wore shorts under my skirts at that age so I could run climb freely. 🙂 I liked skirts, but I wasn’t about to let them lessen my play options!

I don't think we ever thought of that as an option.  When we were released from the lunchroom we immediately ran out to the fields.  The time was precious!  Also, I woudn't have liked an extra layer of clothing if I had to wear it throughout the day.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

I don't think we ever thought of that as an option.  When we were released from the lunchroom we immediately ran out to the fields.  The time was precious!  Also, I woudn't have liked an extra layer of clothing if I had to wear it throughout the day.

I was about 10 years behind you, so this was 1976ish. I went to heathen public school, so we didn’t have uniforms. I remember insisting on wearing skirts with tights, and frequently running and falling down on the playground, putting holes in the tights. My mom was not pleased. 

• Love 2

98EE0165-4E36-4C7D-82D0-BDC1B9961B6C.jpeg

After about 2 weeks of me drinking this “pink drink”, and reaching the first rank in our company, my husband was SOLD! 😂🙌🏼 He could tell my health was better and he has encouraged me to NEVER STOP!  😊

It noticeably helped a host of my health issues, & not only that, it gave me a purpose & passion to do something more as a stay at home wife & mama.

Let me be honest. 

I pushed off network marketing. 
I said no. 
I thought it was silly (at first).
I didn’t even really believe in it. 

But, I finally decided to give it a try.
I used the products daily. 

Then people began asking me what I was doing.

I told them the truth. 
It was easy. 
It was a joy to share. 
They wanted some too. 
They got it.

One day, over 6 years ago, I decided to keep going. There’s nothing more rewarding then helping make a difference in my own life AND others lives. 

I love our community of people helping others.
It’s a dream come true. 🌸

We’d love to help you, friend.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 7
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

98EE0165-4E36-4C7D-82D0-BDC1B9961B6C.jpeg

After about 2 weeks of me drinking this “pink drink”, and reaching the first rank in our company, my husband was SOLD! 😂🙌🏼 He could tell my health was better and he has encouraged me to NEVER STOP!  😊

It noticeably helped a host of my health issues, & not only that, it gave me a purpose & passion to do something more as a stay at home wife & mama.

Let me be honest. 

I pushed off network marketing. 
I said no. 
I thought it was silly (at first).
I didn’t even really believe in it. 

But, I finally decided to give it a try.
I used the products daily. 

Then people began asking me what I was doing.

I told them the truth. 
It was easy. 
It was a joy to share. 
They wanted some too. 
They got it.

One day, over 6 years ago, I decided to keep going. There’s nothing more rewarding then helping make a difference in my own life AND others lives. 

I love our community of people helping others.
It’s a dream come true. 🌸

We’d love to help you, friend.

WTF kind of pose is that??? And maybe she should’ve given some of the magic drink to David.

• Applause 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, CalicoKitty said:

According to that post she has been selling "pink drink" for 6 years?  I did notice that she did not call the "pink drink" by name.  Something is off here.

Is that a cut and paste story by Jill? I bet that story gets passed around as "truth" all the time as a recruitment pitch.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Is that a cut and paste story by Jill? I bet that story gets passed around as "truth" all the time as a recruitment pitch.

JillR couldn’t have written this herself, there are no random capitalizations! And the words kind of make sense even if it’s all a lie.

Edited by ozziemom
Some emoji’s
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

WTF kind of pose is that??? And maybe she should’ve given some of the magic drink to David.

JillR’s come hither look? I would bet people have asked her why GWE isn’t ever shown with the pink drink and they immediately get blocked.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Hubby told me "never stop" so he doesn't have to work.   Also the stuff makes me so sick, he doesn't have to worry about me disturbing his map watching for sexy times.   (yes I made myself ILL typing that last bit)

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 10
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Hubby told me "never stop" so he doesn't have to work.   Also the stuff makes me so sick, he doesn't have to worry about me disturbing his map watching for sexy times.   (yes I made myself ILL typing that last bit)

That shit is like speed. Jill routinely makes SM posts at 3am. I don't know when/if she actually goes to bed. 

Not that DBD cares. He probably spends most nights in his recliner snoring as the map drones on.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

So it is just fine that she takes time from her family and "works" selling a questionable product and not making money for her family, as long as she gets to go to conventions at nice hotels and be publicly recognized.  The fact that ill Mama was not mentioned in this post tells me that Jill is not giving her parents any financial support.  She really is a special kind of person.

• Sad 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

So it is just fine that she takes time from her family and "works" selling a questionable product and not making money for her family, as long as she gets to go to conventions at nice hotels and be publicly recognized.  The fact that ill Mama was not mentioned in this post tells me that Jill is not giving her parents any financial support.  She really is a special kind of person.

Yet she thinks she's an A+ Christian. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

There are no words to adequately describe how awful that dress is.  Whoever designed it needs to run far away from the fashion industry.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

There are no words to adequately describe how awful that dress is.  Whoever designed it needs to run far away from the fashion industry.

Said designer would have been a hasty auf on Project Runway. Horrible, horrible style.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That shit is like speed. Jill routinely makes SM posts at 3am. I don't know when/if she actually goes to bed. 

Not that DBD cares. He probably spends most nights in his recliner snoring as the map drones on.

I imagine it’s little more than expensive sugar and caffeine. What health issues did she have that were allegedly improved by Plexus?

3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

And she’s supposed to be homeschooling her many children. When is she “working?” Because actual teachers work far more than 8 hours a day with few breaks. We have collectively failed our kids by allowing barely literate halfwits to “teach” with absolutely no oversight.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 4

Oh my. David and Pricilla. Why oh why does David have her doing YT videos?!?

But, worse than that - "God gave them a camper". "Sometimes God says no, sometimes God says wait and sometimes God says yes".

What does a kid think when they pray for candy and for grandma to get better and they get the candy but grandma dies? Or a kid prays for food, but none comes?

IMO, this is a pretty screwed up message to raise kids with. I wonder what Mack and Michael are thinking about what I assume are their unanswered prayers and God gives their cousins a camper.

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
  • Love 6

Pricilla and Anna have a video out there somewhere. I recall Pricilla explaining how she has challenges. I don’t  recall the exact words she used. When I looked for it, the only thing that came up was a Reddit post that includes it. I didn’t rewatch it yet.  I don’t know if linking it is allowed.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Michelle wore this dress to Jill's wedding, which was in the summer, but the melting ice cream reception was Jessa's wedding in November. Michelle looks like she is hot AF (and I mean temperature hot) in that metal getup. 

Kelly's version was marginally better because the neckline wasn't all the way up to the neck - it was about one to two inches below, which was still modest but didn't look like it was choking her.

I'm curious as to what JillRod's dress will be like once Kaylee gets married. Will she be a matron of honor at this wedding as well?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm curious as to what JillRod's dress will be like once Kaylee gets married. Will she be a matron of honor at this wedding as well?

Of course she will! 

• Sad 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Pricilla and Anna have a video out there somewhere. I recall Pricilla explaining how she has challenges. I don’t  recall the exact words she used. When I looked for it, the only thing that came up was a Reddit post that includes it. I didn’t rewatch it yet.  I don’t know if linking it is allowed.

she might be a decent mother all things considered, but I don't think she should be homeschooling beyond 2nd or 3rd grade. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Michelle wore this dress to Jill's wedding, which was in the summer, but the melting ice cream reception was Jessa's wedding in November. Michelle looks like she is hot AF (and I mean temperature hot) in that metal getup. 

Kelly's version was marginally better because the neckline wasn't all the way up to the neck - it was about one to two inches below, which was still modest but didn't look like it was choking her.

Such a bizarre choice for a summer wedding. I wonder if she bought it in the summer as well? That seems odd.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Such a bizarre choice for a summer wedding. I wonder if she bought it in the summer as well? That seems odd.

I had a daughter getting married in June that year.  That dress was everywhere.  I even tried it on.  I'm built rather like Michelle so I didn't even bother zipping it.  It was rather hideous.  I'm guessing she went with either popularity of seeing it in so many stores or she couldn't find much of anything else.  I ended up having to order a dress to get something decent.

• Like 9
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I had a daughter getting married in June that year.  That dress was everywhere.  I even tried it on.  I'm built rather like Michelle so I didn't even bother zipping it.  It was rather hideous.  I'm guessing she went with either popularity of seeing it in so many stores or she couldn't find much of anything else.  I ended up having to order a dress to get something decent.

Interesting. I’m shocked that this dress was being sold for hot summer weddings. Regardless of the temperature, it’s hideous.

30 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The Tin Man dress looked marginally better on KJ as she was somewhat smaller than Meechelle. Meechelle added too much to the neckline, I guess she’s more modest than KJ? 

Is Kelly really smaller though?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Interesting. I’m shocked that this dress was being sold for hot summer weddings. Regardless of the temperature, it’s hideous.

Is Kelly really smaller though?

I don't know if she is smaller. She looks taller and more proportioned. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Kelly wore it in the winter. But yeah, still hideous. I do wonder if she had a panel taken out of the hem. She's taller than Meech, but only by a few inches. And Meech is bustier, yet it was still a maxi on her. 

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't know if she is smaller. She looks taller and more proportioned. 

I've seen photos of Kelly where she looks very large. I think one in particular was on this forum. I think she disguises it better and is less busty so she doesn't look as big in the chest. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

KJ is taller than Michelle and bought a shorter dress.  She didn't try to mangle the neckline as much either.  

The dress did come in short and long lengths.  I tried on the short length and it was almost as bad as the longer version Michelle selected.  The larger bust does seem to make a big difference and for that style dress I think the taller and less busty the person is, the better.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
46 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I've seen photos of Kelly where she looks very large. I think one in particular was on this forum. I think she disguises it better and is less busty so she doesn't look as big in the chest. 

As a busty woman, I’m here to say that having a large bust doesn’t mean someone is overweight. Michelle’s short stature probably makes her bust more evident.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

As a busty woman, I’m here to say that having a large bust doesn’t mean someone is overweight. Michelle’s short stature probably makes her bust more evident.

Michelle is just a very busty woman, regardless of her height. A few of her daughters are also busty, including Jill, Joy, and poor hunched to hide 'em Jenni.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm thinking that dress is not good on anyone with HIPS.   Oh I know, let's put EXTRA material right on the widest part and have it stick out.   Because that looks so good.

But yes, Jill will be Matron of Honor because she is her daughters' best friend.   Because they aren't allowed any friends and because Jill has to get the attention SOMEHOW.   But one of the other daughters will actually do all the MoH duties.   Because Jilly has to look good for her ooops I mean Kaylee's special day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I'm thinking that dress is not good on anyone with HIPS.   Oh I know, let's put EXTRA material right on the widest part and have it stick out.   Because that looks so good.

But yes, Jill will be Matron of Honor because she is her daughters' best friend.   Because they aren't allowed any friends and because Jill has to get the attention SOMEHOW.   But one of the other daughters will actually do all the MoH duties.   Because Jilly has to look good for her ooops I mean Kaylee's special day.

I predict that Kaylee will beg BME to please, please, please renew her own vows for her 25th anniversary at Kaylee's wedding.  It will be a double ceremony!  Mama can go out and buy a brand new wedding dress,  Kaylee will wear Nurie's dress from the thrift shop.

• Sad 15
(edited)
On 7/25/2022 at 8:09 AM, libgirl2 said:

As ugly as that dress was, Kelly did look okay in it. 

Kelly didn't go as high with the modesty panel in the neckline as Mech did.  Kelly's dress looks like it "could" have been made with that hight of a neck.  Michelle's looks like it was a piece of material sewn onto the dress to show how "modest" she is.

Edited to add:  I always have thought that is was strange that they both opted for the same dress.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Kelly didn't go as high with the modesty panel in the neckline as Mech did.  Kelly's dress looks like it "could" have been made with that hight of a neck.  Michelle's looks like it was a piece of material sewn onto the dress to show how "modest" she is.

Edited to add:  I always have thought that is was strange that they both opted for the same dress.

Michelle's neckline was so high, she looked like it was choking her. 

Didn't someone else wear the same style of dress but in a different color? Maybe Jill could borrow that? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1