Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If he was willing to do all that, I do believe a big part of her ever working at DOOL again would be dropping JB and Peter and never mentioning them again, as per his/her request.

What a tiny insecure man SR is to demand the demise of Peter. I can fully understand the request to drop Jason Brooks, but to insist and require that no other man could EVER play Peter is taking it to a whole other level. And the fact that request remains to this day (regardless of Missy's whereabouts) must be stroking the little man's ego. How pathetic.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Peter has been mentioned in recent years though.

Yes, in passing...and very sporadically...many years after the incident.

And yet, not even a Zoom call from Peter, which could have been all of 5 minutes.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

There shouldn't be billionaires but yes good for her for taking advantage of one lol.

I don’t know how much that getup cost but I sure hope she can wear it again. But then again she is married to a billionaire.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
13 minutes ago, FrankOFoley said:

I don’t know how much that getup cost but I sure hope she can wear it again. But then again she is married to a billionaire.

She may not have had to purchase the getup.  It really depends on who invited Jessica to the event.  If she was invited because her husband is a billionaire and it's a fundraiser, then she would have to pay for her overall look whether purchasing the dress outright or paying to rent it for the evening.  If she was invited by a designer, then the designer is the one who loans the dress and whatever accessories needed to complete the look.  The guest list for last night is made up of people the Costume Institute wants to contribute funds, various fashion designers, and the celebrities Anna Wintour has vetted.  I think the majority of the celebrities are technically all plus ones (or twos) for the designers they are wearing on the red carpet unless the celebrity in question has enough money to donate to the Costume Institute and has done so before.  

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She's married to a billionaire. I think that's about it lol.

Well that makes sense but even billionaires don't always slum it at these type of events.

• Like 4
On 5/6/2024 at 2:31 PM, chediavolo said:

Yep. That was what I heard also years  ago. Little pious Missy Born again was being a bad Christian. 

Look, I don't care about her and Jason - that's personal business - but once she started up with the Chick-Fil-A stuff, that's when I lost respect.

Being hypocritical is never a good look.

On 5/6/2024 at 3:20 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Jessica Serfaty at the Met Gala. I'm happy she actually wore something fun and different.

jessica-serfaty-leonardo-del-vecchio-met

It's not a great look, and I find it sad that her work and her career aren't what's getting her into the MET Gala. Somehow she's more important by marriage than she is as an individual? What kind of message is that to give little girls?

But mostly, I'm disappointed she isn't staying on DOOL because, in spite of a bland start, she's quickly become one of the best hires in years on the show. So of course we're losing her.

Did anyone from DOOL ever get invited to this type of event in decades past?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's not a great look, and I find it sad that her work and her career aren't what's getting her into the MET Gala. Somehow she's more important by marriage than she is as an individual? What kind of message is that to give little girls?

The Met Gala isn't really something young girls should be looking to for role models in general. (Just look at Kim Kardashian's dress that makes it look like she can't even breathe for proof of that).  It runs the gamut from actors and models to reality stars and influencers. 

But her fiance is in the fashion industry so that's probably why he (and by extension she) got an invite. 

Did we know she had a 16 year old kid? 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
50 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But her fiance is in the fashion industry so that's probably why he (and by extension she) got an invite. 

Did not know that. Ok. Makes more sense.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The Met Gala isn't really something young girls should be looking to for role models in general. (Just look at Kim Kardashian's dress that makes it look like she can't even breathe for proof of that).  It runs the gamut from actors and models to reality stars and influencers. 

Did we know she had a 16 year old kid? 

Yes. When she was on top model she talked about getting pregnant at 16 and kicked out of her church and slut shamed by her family who forced her to marry her controlling much older boyfriend. It was awful. Tyra just nodded and smirked.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4

I did know she had a kid because I saw him on her instagram once but I didn't remember the details from Top Model.

I am sad she's leaving too, @DisneyBoy. I figured once she married the billionaire she'd probably leave though so I've been prepared lol.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yes. When she was on top model she talked about getting pregnant at 16 and kicked out of her church and slut shamed by her family who forced her to marry her controlling much older boyfriend. It was awful. Tyra just nodded and smirked.

No, no, no. She smized.

Much nicer.

🙄

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Disappointed but not surprised with Tyra.  I don't remember Jessica on ANTM the way I remember Sal Stowers and that haircut Tyra foisted upon her.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Speaking of ANTM14, I almost didn't even recognize her from that season/cycle.  She's grown up so much since then.  The most major change to her, of course, has been dyeing her hair and having her lips done (very well, I might add).

• Useful 2

Where/when was it announced that Jessica is leaving?

I had no idea she was on Top Model. I'll have to look up her season cycle and see if I remember her.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Where/when was it announced that Jessica is leaving?

I had no idea she was on Top Model. I'll have to look up her season cycle and see if I remember her.

Not sure where but she's gone in July and Eric by December. With Harris gone too that's a lot of airtime for other characters. Sadly Ava is staying 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
21 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

She was on cycle 14. Sadly, it's not streaming. I think you can buy the eps of Prime though.

• Like 1
On 5/8/2024 at 6:14 PM, brisbydog said:

Not sure where but she's gone in July and Eric by December. With Harris gone too that's a lot of airtime for other characters. Sadly Ava is staying 

Waaaaait...Eric is staying until DECEMBER??

He'd better be playing Dad to Holly 24/7 to make up for his absent years because if he's not leaving with and loving Nicole, there's no good reason for him to stay in Salem otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Waaaaait...Eric is staying until DECEMBER??

He'd better be playing Dad to Holly 24/7 to make up for his absent years because if he's not leaving with and loving Nicole, there's no good reason for him to stay in Salem otherwise.

I've heard Holly moves in with Maggie and becomes basically Sarah and Xander's bonus child. Wrap your head around that one lol

• Angry 1
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Um...ewww?

Ericole hate Xander, as they should. Letting him near Holly again is a huge No.

Sarah is her aunt though and they are all living under the same roof. I assume his involvement will be minimal 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sarah is her aunt though and they are all living under the same roof. I assume his involvement will be minimal 

Didn't Nicole & Holly live with Xander when they were 'on the run" in Nashville(?)  Holly would have been young but she would remember him & Xander is trying to be a good Dad now

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Didn't Nicole & Holly live with Xander when they were 'on the run" in Nashville(?)  Holly would have been young but she would remember him & Xander is trying to be a good Dad now

She was very young then but yes technically Xander was her first stepfather (by blackmail). And he could not be more different now. Of course apparently 16 years have passed lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Um...ewww?

Ericole hate Xander, as they should. Letting him near Holly again is a huge No.

Agreed.

11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

42 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

She was very young then but yes technically Xander was her first stepfather (by blackmail). And he could not be more different now. Of course apparently 16 years have passed lol

Xander is also the person who helped Kristen kidnap Holly and fake her death when Chloe was Holly's legal guardian.

I find it amazing how the writers are constantly forgetting this. He's also never shown remorse as far as I remember.

If this were a better written show, this would be an obstacle for Maggie, Sarah, and Holly regarding Xander. Unfortunately, this is not a better written show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Agreed.

Xander is also the person who helped Kristen kidnap Holly and fake her death when Chloe was Holly's legal guardian.

I find it amazing how the writers are constantly forgetting this. He's also never shown remorse as far as I remember.

If this were a better written show, this would be an obstacle for Maggie, Sarah, and Holly regarding Xander. Unfortunately, this is not a better written show.

5 months ago Stefan was helping Gabi paint a black eye on Rachel and frame her as a child abuser. Now they are bffs. You can't apply real world standards to this show or characters. Xander never harmed Holly or Nicole. Holly was delivered right to her mother's care. People get over things in this town.

Xander did express remorse to Maggie and Sarah and even Eric. Right when it all came out.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Didnt Xander taunt Nicole with baby Holly while he had her locked up in a cage in Greece too?

Yeah, there's no apology big enough for that.

• Applause 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Didnt Xander taunt Nicole with baby Holly while he had her locked up in a cage in Greece too?

Yeah, there's no apology big enough for that.

Not in the real world. But the entire town is running with criminals. I mean Brady blackmailed Nicole into leaving Eric and they are besties, Eric helped fry Stefan's brain, Nicole stole a baby, Kristen is Kristen. EJ was ordering Ava's murder last year. Bill Hayes said if it's been 6 months since the last committed crime you are Salem reformed.

And Nicole slept with Xander post cage...so she was over it?

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Not in the real world. But the entire town is running with criminals. I mean Brady blackmailed Nicole into leaving Eric and they are besties, Eric helped fry Stefan's brain, Nicole stole a baby, Kristen is Kristen. EJ was ordering Ava's murder last year. Bill Hayes said if it's been 6 months since the last committed crime you are Salem reformed.

And Nicole slept with Xander post cage...so she was over it?

I think we all know we're watching a Soap Opera; however, part of the craziness of a Soap Opera is seeing the long-term fallout and the changes in interpersonal dynamics. If everyone gets over everything in 6 months, then what's the point in investing in any character, relationship or occurrence?

What if the Marlena/Roman/John triangle resolved in six months instead of the literal years and that doesn't include the decades of mayhem Sami caused due to the fallout? Citing the examples you used, I would argue lack of fallout and a lack of change in relationships is one of the reasons Days isn't particularly well-written right now.

Nicole and Brady have literal decades of history with each other. They have been friends, lovers, enemies, a pseudo-family with their children, related via Nicole's marriage to Eric and Victor. That's a lot different than Nicole's relationship with Xander which has been mostly antagonistic.

Nicole may have slept with Xander, but she didn't forgive him. She was still informing Chloe to get away from Xander because he's evil.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I think we all know we're watching a Soap Opera; however, part of the craziness of a Soap Opera is seeing the long-term fallout and the changes in interpersonal dynamics. If everyone gets over everything in 6 months, then what's the point in investing in any character, relationship or occurrence?

What if the Marlena/Roman/John triangle resolved in six months instead of the literal years and that doesn't include the decades of mayhem Sami caused due to the fallout? Citing the examples you used, I would argue lack of fallout and a lack of change in relationships is one of the reasons Days isn't particularly well-written right now.

Nicole and Brady have literal decades of history with each other. They have been friends, lovers, enemies, a pseudo-family with their children, related via Nicole's marriage to Eric and Victor. That's a lot different than Nicole's relationship with Xander which has been mostly antagonistic.

Nicole may have slept with Xander, but she didn't forgive him. She was still informing Chloe to get away from Xander because he's evil.

And Chloe countered that EJ is just as bad. Which he is. And continues to be. And I don't think Xander can be described as evil now. He is determined not to put a foot wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes they did Sarah sublet her place there. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Xander has done so much shit that it's no wonder they don't remember it all lol.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 8:35 PM, Giuseppe said:

On 5/9/2024 at 5:39 PM, peachmangosteen said:

She was on cycle 14. Sadly, it's not streaming. I think you can buy the eps of Prime though.

She came in fifth place, eliminated at the F5.  Which . . . was about right, since that entire F4 (Angelea, Alexandra, Raina, and eventual winner Krista) were definitely better models than she was at the time, though she still models now and is actually crushing it in photoshoots and on catwalks.

On 5/10/2024 at 10:22 PM, 4evaQuez said:

He did show remorse, but I don't think that it was real.  He only showed it just as Maggie and Sarah were calling him out on it.  Maggie even called him a monster for doing it.  They still forgave him way too quickly for it.  Like, in the very same scene, they did.

On 5/11/2024 at 7:31 AM, 4evaQuez said:

Which he still is.  Anyone with eyes and common sense can see that he still is.  He's only being good and nice right now because he has everything that he wants.  But he's shown hints of his old self still just swimming beneath the surface, waiting to come out.  And for some strange, Maggie and Sarah are the only two who can't see it.

Thankfully, Eric, Nicole, Brady, and many, many other characters can.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
20 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She came in fifth place, eliminated at the F5.  Which . . . was about right, since that entire F4 (Angelea, Alexandra, Raina, and eventual winner Krista) were definitely better models than she were at the time, though she still models now and is actually crushing it in photoshoots and on catwalks.

He did show remorse, but I don't think that it was real.  He only showed it just as Maggie and Sarah were calling him out on it.  Maggie even called him a monster for doing it.  They still forgave him way too quickly for it.  Like, in the very same scene, they did.

Which he still is.  Anyone with eyes and common sense can see that he still is.  He's only being good and nice right now because he has everything that he wants.  But he's shown hints of his old self still just swimming beneath the surface, waiting to come out.  And for some strange, Maggie and Sarah are the only two who can't see it.

Thankfully, Eric, Nicole, Brady, and many, many other characters can.

Evil is a strong word. John told him he believed people could grow and change, and he had to commit to it for Sarah and Victoria. I think Xander really listened to him and that's his story now. 

He and Brady have been fine since Victor's death. I think they reconciled things then. They were still friendly at Christmas. I'd like Xander to address the fact that Jude and Victoria share a sister to Eric and really apologize to him. I don't like Eric but I think that's still needed. Possible now they both work in the same place.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Evil is a strong word. John told him he believed people could grow and change, and he had to commit to it for Sarah and Victoria. I think Xander really listened to him and that's his story now. 

If that's what you want to believe.  I don't and never believe that this will stick.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

If that's what you want to believe.  I don't and never believe that this will stick.

I think you are wrong. We shall see.

• Love 2

He's somehow gradually earned the Victor spot, in that he's capable of the absolute worst stuff but is still kinda loveable and has strong relationships with certain people.

It's interesting. I hope Eric and Nicole and Holly and Marlena and Joey and Claire never ever forgive him, though.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

He's somehow gradually earned the Victor spot, in that he's capable of the absolute worst stuff but is still kinda loveable and has strong relationships with certain people.

It's interesting. I hope Eric and Nicole and Holly and Marlena and Joey and Claire never ever forgive him, though.

I think that Xarah are the new Maggie and Victor. I hope he never goes fully reformed but keeps his worst impulses in check. 

I do think his desire to please Victor brought out his bad side, and without his influence he will likely not back slide. Crossing fingers 🤞 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Not "certain."  Just two.

21 minutes ago, Rodney said:

He's had a few over the years. Jack, Chanel and of course hated Gwen. He and Chad are doing OK as coworkers too. And Bonnie and Justin have no problem with him. Baby steps. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Chloe, too. His best relationship imo. And I will never not be wistful over what could have been with Chanel. I hate that he's now saddled with Sarah, seemingly forever. Sigh lol.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Chloe, too. His best relationship imo. And I will never not be wistful over what could have been with Chanel. I hate that he's now saddled with Sarah, seemingly forever. Sigh lol.

Chloe was never long term. She's too fickle and will always go back to Phillip. No matter who she is with. Sarah loves Xander and only him. 

I always think Xander loved Chloe but he is in love with Sarah. And Gwen was just pity.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Chloe was never long term. She's too fickle and will always go back to Phillip. No matter who she is with. Sarah loves Xander and only him. 

I always think Xander loved Chloe but he is in love with Sarah. And Gwen was just pity.

I agree about Chloe being fickle. However, she's only with Phillip because they're offscreen otherwise it would be Brady or some other random dude like Stefan or Xander.  Eventually had she stuck around she would've been like Sarah where he did something she didn't like and would berate him over it knowing how he was to begin with. She would be worse because he did leave her locked up with a drug dealer and still got with him anyways. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree about Chloe being fickle. However, she's only with Phillip because they're offscreen otherwise it would be Brady or some other random dude like Stefan or Xander.  Eventually had she stuck around she would've been like Sarah where he did something she didn't like and would berate him over it knowing how he was to begin with. She would be worse because he did leave her locked up with a drug dealer and still got with him anyways. 

Xander was not getting her out of Mexico. He only negotiated for Theresa because El Fideo assumed he was going to kill her. He was obsessed with Chloe and short of killing him, Xander could not have saved her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

He's had a few over the years. Jack, Chanel and of course hated Gwen. He and Chad are doing OK as coworkers too. And Bonnie and Justin have no problem with him. Baby steps. 

Things with Jack went belly-up, he and Chanel don't talk regularly, I'll give you Gwen, though at the time she left, they were on decent terms, Chad is okay with him professionally, but we don't know about them personally, so no go there.  And Bonnie and Justin aren't around enough.

Not enough to convince me. 

9 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Things with Jack went belly-up, he and Chanel don't talk regularly, I'll give you Gwen, though at the time she left, they were on decent terms, Chad is okay with him professionally, but we don't know about them personally, so no go there.  And Bonnie and Justin aren't around enough.

Not enough to convince me. 

I should have capitalized Hated Gwen. I mean most of us hate her. Xander I think felt sorry for her.

I'd like to see more of Chad and Xander. They have a lot in common. And Chad is a good influence. But I want him to repair things with Jack.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2024 at 8:44 AM, Rodney said:

Bonnie, all logic to the contrary, likes him. Victoria seems to like him too LOL.

19 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Xander was not getting her out of Mexico. He only negotiated for Theresa because El Fideo assumed he was going to kill her. He was obsessed with Chloe and short of killing him, Xander could not have saved her.

Thank you for pointing this out. People often assume both he and Theresa wanted to leave Chloe there, but they weren't in much of a position to force the issue.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thank you for pointing this out. People often assume both he and Theresa wanted to leave Chloe there, but they weren't in much of a position to force the issue.

I mean they also didn't tell anyone Chloe was still there, and Theresa actively attempted to thwart Chloe's rescue attempt when Lucas got suspicious.

They may not have been able to save her via escaping with them, but once they were in Salem, they easily could have informed Eve, Lucas, Maggie, Brady, etc. that Chloe was in Mexico presumably to be raped and murdered by Fideo.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

They may not have been able to save her via escaping with them, but once they were in Salem, they easily could have informed Eve, Lucas, Maggie, Brady, etc. that Chloe was in Mexico presumably to be raped and murdered by Fideo.

This is not a hill I want to die on, but didn't El Fideo aka Da Noodle threaten Brady and/or Tate if Theresa breathed a word? 

Or am I just remembering that because I like Jen Lilley so much that I really don't care?  Either way........hmmmm.......

• Useful 2