Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

"I Lived", from the pictures looks like it's groups of friends coming together. So I wonder how they're going to fit Joacob and Blake in given that, especially since Melissa wasn't there, their characters have no connection to anyone else. Unless they pretend they were friends with Blam and Artie.

What? You meant their straight bro bromance isn't enough to justify them having their own cutaway? :)

I won't mind it if the last number is more the actors than the characters.  I feel much more sentimental about the actors than I do any of the characters--and it's not like Glee has earned any kind of emotional pay-off for the characters.  I can appreciate how the actors feel about the show and what it's afforded them, so my allergies may well act up a bit as they caterwaul us to the end of the road.

I still think the ratings would have been higher this season if they had done a 13-episode retrospective that was just clips of old performances and BTS interviews. I'm all for it being the actors taking a final bow.

• Love 1

From what I heard Kurt and Blaine are wearing their wedding rings (but they're not standing together in the group picture), and so do Rachel and Jesse? So I think everyone is basically dressed up and sort of acting as their characters (like Brittana joining the group together) but it's still an 'out of Glee relaity' kind of final curtain call thing for the fans, like actors in a play bowing after a show still in costume.

Supposedly Santana is wearing her wedding ring too, and she and Brittany are holding hands, so it's definitely supposed to be in character. At least, in concept. What I don't completely understand is why, in the huge group shot, Brittana and St. Berry are the only couples actually standing together, while all the others are scattered. But it's Glee, and I'm sure we've officially put more thought into the whole thing than anyone BTS did.

Also, the stills and promo for I Lived show that Rachel, Klaine, Sugar, the new noobs, and Matt (plus more) have all come into the number before Brittany and Santana, among others. I think most of us can agree that Brittany and Santana were more important characters than Sugar and Matt, at the very least, and less important characters than Rachel and Klaine, so I doubt there's any sort of pecking order hierarchy official rhyme or reason for who enters the song and when.

From what I heard Kurt and Blaine are wearing their wedding rings (but they're not standing together in the group picture),

Considering they harmonize together on several lines that should be interesting on screen.  ;)

Supposedly Santana is wearing her wedding ring too, and she and Brittany are holding hands, so it's definitely supposed to be in character. At least, in concept. What I don't completely understand is why, in the huge group shot, Brittana and St. Berry are the only couples actually standing together, while all the others are scattered. But it's Glee, and I'm sure we've officially put more thought into the whole thing than anyone BTS did.

Well, I would say that Naya/Heather and Lea/Groff are actually close in real life, whereas Chris/Darren tend to keep their distance from each other - so it could be that actor bleed and people wanting to be in closer proximity to friends overrides the need to stay strictly in character.

• Love 1

Also, the stills and promo for I Lived show that Rachel, Klaine, Sugar, the new noobs, and Matt (plus more) have all come into the number before Brittany and Santana, among others. I think most of us can agree that Brittany and Santana were more important characters than Sugar and Matt, at the very least, and less important characters than Rachel and Klaine, so I doubt there's any sort of pecking order hierarchy official rhyme or reason for who enters the song and when.

Will is also wearing his wedding ring.

What? You meant their straight bro bromance isn't enough to justify them having their own cutaway? :).

I was more wondering why they were there, though I'm not complaining. Them and Harry are the only hotties we got.

I kinda though the 'b' was superfluous in bromance when it came to Jyder.

• Love 1

Considering they harmonize together on several lines that should be interesting on screen.  ;)

Maybe the group picture is taken after the song, or at the end of it?

Lol, it's Glee, so it will be a mess regardless, with actors doing what they want as soon as they are 'set free' to goof around during filming.

It happened a lot in the group numbers whenever there wasn't any real choreography: we saw actors interacting and laughing with one another while their characters were supposed to hate each other, and otoh we saw couples not acting like a couple at all but turning to other people as soon as there was no direction given to them anymore.

• Love 1

Well, I would say that Naya/Heather and Lea/Groff are actually close in real life, whereas Chris/Darren tend to keep their distance from each other - so it could be that actor bleed and people wanting to be in closer proximity to friends overrides the need to stay strictly in character.

This actually makes sense, at least so far as Naya/Heather goes - in many of the stills I've seen of the final big group, Naya's head is turned and she's talking to Heather.

• Love 2

Not just you. The new kids are nice, but it would be quite unbelievable if a newly formed group (and a very imbalanced group at that, with only 3 girls and only half of the members being able to dance) would win Nationals the first year.

There has also been so little build-up, and I doubt we'll get much more in the finale, that there are not many feelings (from the viewers) evoked to root for these kids.

Remember at the beginning of season 5 when Will gave a pep talk about ND wining their second Nationals and then becoming a dynasty. The term power house high schools exist when a team becomes a well oiled machine at repeatedly winning a certain competition. Year after year new kids are groomed at how to win through the collective experience the team has built up. Will already has two national championships as a student and coach. And more Nationals experience I can sort of buy that he and the alumi can continue that with the newbies.

I knew this show would find some way to piss me off in the end. I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but that's a goddamed Klaine baby Rachel is baking! Ugh.

• Love 3

I refuse to believe that. But ugh, here is all I could find at the moment:

Glee is ending on Friday, and I’m feeling sad yet relieved at the same time. I would like the mother of all scoops, and some assurance that this finale won’t be as bad as How I Met Your Mother, or True Blood, or Dexter. Pretty please? —Samantha
If the buzz trickling out of McKinley is to be believed, the Glee finale will be viewed as a (mostly) satisfying conclusion to the show’s six-year run. The final shot, in particular, sounds pretty damn near perfect, IMHO. On the scoop front, the five-year time jump that comprises much of the final act will allegedly find one character pregnant, but there’s a twist. Also, Rachel will have bid adieu to single life, but the identity of the man on her arm may surprise you. (Or it may not.)

• Love 1

It's on either TV Guide or TV LINE. Their scoop is that someone is pregnant....but there's a twist. Bitches. It better be a damned donor egg, is also I'm saying. And for once I need this damn show to spell it out!

Satan, was this the payment for St. Berry and the Tony? You charge too high, homie.

• Love 2

Glee is so dumb. If that's a Klaine baby, that means that Rachel purposely planned getting pregnant during her Broadway run and/or took a Broadway gig while also being x months pregnant. Which makes less than zero sense. 

Maybe the twist is that Rachel's character in her Bway show is the one that's pregnant, not Rachel herself. *grasps at straws*

• Love 1

Remember at the beginning of season 5 when Will gave a pep talk about ND wining their second Nationals and then becoming a dynasty. The term power house high schools exist when a team becomes a well oiled machine at repeatedly winning a certain competition. Year after year new kids are groomed at how to win through the collective experience the team has built up. Will already has two national championships as a student and coach. And more Nationals experience I can sort of buy that he and the alumi can continue that with the newbies.

I totally can see Will turning New Directions INTO a constant contender for national championships.  I just don't buy that THIS group, with only one alumni (Kitty) and being made up of spare parts, could be national championship material. I agree with your premise, I just think this line-up is too green to do it.

ETA:

I knew this show would find some way to piss me off in the end. I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but that's a goddamed Klaine baby Rachel is baking!

Wait, I thought Quinn was going to carry for them?  Wasn't that canon in 101?  (Not that that's any better, but...)

Edited by tab19
I agree with your premise, I just think this line-up is too green to do it.

I agree.  I think this group could do it by the time they were seniors but not as sophomores.  

Edited by camussie

Quinn said she'd donate the egg, not that she'd be a surrogate. So maybe Rachel's carrying Quinn's baby, ha ha.

You take that back! You take that back now!!!! Burn it with fire then salt the earth underneath so nothing will ever grow!

JFC, I fully expect that now so that those set of fans get their "Faberry" in the end too. Ryan is giving us everything we asked for after all...she said as she cried into her cheap wine.

• Love 5
Quinn said she'd donate the egg, not that she'd be a surrogate. So maybe Rachel's carrying Quinn's baby, ha ha. 

Faberry is Endgame after all?

So a Quinn egg in Rachel's womb with Klaine DNA....sounds like a musical version of Rosemary's Baby.

• Love 7

I don't think it should come as any surprise that the baby Rachel is carrying might be an Anderson-Hummel one; not only is that one of the few plausible options, but after all this is Glee with its queer-positive outlook and it is run by RM who along with his husband has gone the surrogate way. It would be a way of "keeping it in the ND family", which the show has often done with the constant recombinations of relationships within the choir. I would hope that they find something more original though, like Rachel doing it for a female friend who has fertility problems or even having bland Jesse as the father.

FWIW, the same Blaine stans bitching about Blaine being a teacher are also the same ones who can be homophobic douchebags about Brittana

I know very well that homophobia manifests itself in many places and in many ways, including in familiar and supposedly supportive places like fandom or even here on this board in statements like these:

It's finally the Glee choir of Ryan's wet fantasies.
(...)
just because Ryan Murphy has such a raging hard on for prep school boys.

These and some variants are examples of how sexually disparaging comments aimed at middle-aged successful gay men are the last refuge of socially acceptable homophobia.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 2
Satan, was this the payment for St. Berry and the Tony? You charge too high, homie. 

LOL...it is a very, very steep price.

I'm sure Satan has  a raging hard on for disfunctional gay couples who need a surrogate to father a Broadway baby that will provoke a great white way Mayan apocalpse.

Hope that clarifies things.

but that's a goddamed Klaine baby Rachel is baking! Ugh.

Somehow it's beautifully fitting that the stupidest written and plotted show in the history of television will bow out with the stupidest plot point in the history of television.

Oh well, Chris Colfer's life has been set on a very different path than the community college/part time dry cleaning gig he had before Glee, so I guess I'm good.

• Love 3
So I wonder how they're going to fit Joacob and Blake in given that, especially since Melissa wasn't there, their characters have no connection to anyone else.

Are we referring to the character Jacob Artist played? Jake Puckerman

I'd say that's a pretty big tie. 

God, if Rachel disrupts her career to carry Kurt and Blaine's baby... that would just be all sorts of ridiculous. So obviously that's going to happen. Are they going to make her sign a contract that she can't contact the kid unless she figures out a way to enter his/her life in the most traumatic way possible 15 years down the line? 

• Love 5

I'm seriously considering making 6x11 my Glee finale in the wake of these pregnancy spoilers. I was already having a hard time with the Rachel " pregnant and up for a Tony" timeline, but if she's being a surrogate instead of accidentally getting pregnant? It makes even less sense so of course, RIB will go there.

I just realized that apart from the horrible writing and total lack of continuity, the other thing that ruined Glee for me was Klaine. It was the beginning of the end when Blaine entered Kurt's life.

• Love 2

Well, this would be a possibility if Glee hadn't shown over and over again what a horrible show choir director Will is who plays favorites while neglecting others, and (still in season 6!) only has the setlist ready at the earliest a week before the competition.

But besides this: the current ND group is not ready to win Nationals. Some of the ND kids never sang in public before glee club, a lot of them can't dance if it saved their lives, and they just don't look like a homogenous group yet as they are too individually focused. Add to that the Warblers, who have a totally different dynamic, who can dance but are also kinda robotic and faceless, are used to being pampered and who follow a leader.

On top of that this new "super group"the NNND/Warblers have had 2 totally inexperienced coaches for many weeks (who both had personal problems at the time to boot). Then these 2 brought in their enemies VA former coach Will, who some of the new kids still don't trust enough to give him extra dance lessons, also because they consider him too soft. And at first Will was supposed to be in the background while Rachel and Kurt called the shots, but then he simply took over and started leading them. And if that wasn't enough suddenly pop up not only about 10 guys of another rival choir, but also their coach, who puts everyone including the ND kids in uniforms, individuality and diversity be damned.

There's no way they would win Nationals with such a jumbled group and so many power changes in the leadership/coaching.

I totally can see Will turning New Directions INTO a constant contender for national championships. I just don't buy that THIS group, with only one alumni (Kitty) and being made up of spare parts, could be national championship material. I agree with your premise, I just think this line-up is too green to do it.

Also this.

Glee is so dumb. If that's a Klaine baby, that means that Rachel purposely planned getting pregnant during her Broadway run and/or took a Broadway gig while also being x months pregnant. Which makes less than zero sense.

Seriously. This is beyond stupid.

According to Glee it would be totally logical for Rachel to quit her Tony award winning musical run at the most a few months after she started it (nice continuity there, that would be strike 2 for Rachel quitting a new show), to spend a year carrying Kurt and Blaine's child.

And also:

Pregnancy can be brutal on the abdomen muscles aka the breathing support you need to sing properly, and physically recovery to professional performing level would take several months on top of the pregnancy itself. Rachel would also risk her voice permanently changing because of the hormones involved. There's no way she would do that for anyone else's baby but her own.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 2

Seriously. This is beyond stupid.

Are there any spoilers not related to Brittana's shockingly decent story we haven't said that about this season? Seems about what we should expect. Nothing realistic is going to happen here. It's not like the idiots running things have ever carried a baby or even had a period to slightly understand what it means. They have no idea or interest in learning about these things. They don't even care how awful it is to date the guy who used to terrorize and want to kill the guy you actually love. I'm not even touching manipulative old dude because I wish I'd never seen that mess and Kurt is canonically stupid now. Rachel dated Sam because Mercedes told him to date her for her moving on needs? Um? Who hops on board with that? These are not sane people. The logistics of having a baby are not something they would consider because lol glee. Babies just pop out with no consequence because happy happy ending!!!!!! Everybody gets a baby and a high school boyfriend!

Are we referring to the character Jacob Artist played? Jake Puckerman

I'd say that's a pretty big tie.

I totally forgot about him being related to Puck! I'm sure the writers have too.

Honestly if they interact I'd assume it was Jacob and Mark out of character.

Idina's musical, "If/Then", opened 3/30/14, and announced on 1/9/15 it would close 3/22/15. Tony awards are in June, and may be given to already closed shows.

A musical that opened 5/1/2020, say, would not be eligible for a Tony until 2021. If the closing of Rachel's musical were announced 3 months in advance, she could be 7 months pregnant at the time of the Tonys without having affected or abandoned the show. To further obviate the need for any suspension of disbelief, Rachel is voiced by a a woman who might have already won a Tony had she been submitted for a "Featured" rather than a "Leading" actress in a musical, the cast album of which included https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMwPpFn87K4 and won a Grammy.

We can obviate all day but from the spoilers I have seen for Sue no matter what happens to Rachel it is more  believable and yes dare I say will be more deserved.   Suspension of belief should be the default setting for the finale.  

Edited by pete

I don't understand the logic or thought process behind wanting Rachel, of all people, to be Klaine's surrogate, especially at this particular time in her life. 

I'm just glad that this show didn't last long enough for Brittany and Santana to have kids, because let's be real, Ryan would have them forgo sperm donors and just have Brittany sleep with a dude to get pregnant. And then Santana would thank him for his contribution and probs ask him to co-parent.

I'm just glad that this show didn't last long enough for Brittany and Santana to have kids, because let's be real, Ryan would have them forgo sperm donors and just have Brittany sleep with a dude to get pregnant. And then Santana would thank him for his contribution and probs ask him to co-parent.

You know it would be Sam or Artie!!

I don't understand the logic or thought process behind wanting Rachel, of all people, to be Klaine's surrogate, especially at this particular time in her life.

I know someone joked when heather got pregnant that if they wanted to keep her on, they could've had it been Sam's baby. Which, fuck no.

In my head, they find a sane person to be the sperm donor.

Has it been spoiled that Rachel quit her Broadway show because she is pregnant or is it just an assumption? There are roles that allow actresses to continue performing even while carrying a baby, for a while anyway. Plus, some productions can already be over by the time Tony season comes around or there may have been some roll-over in the cast because it was a limited engagement anyway, either for the whole production or for some of the actors. It's almost always the original performer who gets nominated even after a cast change (there have been some exceptions). Also, actresses can take maternity leave and then return to their role. Trust Glee to probably not sort out such details.

Of course, it would be consistent with the way the show has decided to portray her recently, i.e. not being able to stick with things (quitting NYADA and then Funny Girl), to have her getting pregnant knowing it would interfere with her ability to perform for a while. Her coaching of ND was a limited time thing anyway, so it does not really count as quitting, although she knew there was a programmed out for her in the short term so it also fits with recent behaviour.

Having a friend as the hired womb is not always a good idea because people tend to want to keep the "mothers" in the life of the child and not all of them can refrain from interfering; Rachel can be a tad meddling so it would not bode well.

I would certainly prefer if her pregnancy was not a Blaine-Kurt baby; the show's web of relationships is incestuous enough as it is between ND members.

• Love 1

I know someone joked when heather got pregnant that if they wanted to keep her on, they could've had it been Sam's baby. Which, fuck no.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

• Love 2

We can obviate all day but from the spoilers I have seen for Sue no matter what happens to Rachel it is more  believable and yes dare I say will be more deserved.   Suspension of belief should be the default setting for the finale.  

Sue's story will likely be meant as a satiric attack on the Palin idiocy and the stupidity/gullibility of the American electorate. It's an example of how Glee has always mixed genres and sensibilities from scene to scene, and sometimes even within scenes.

Oh, and Sue wasn't watching Nazis on the History Channel. That was the Italian army parading before Mussolini. And she isn't the first fictional teacher to have a soft spot in her loins for Il Duce; there was also a Miss Jean Brodie, in her prime, no less, (And she had a teen student shown to be having an affair with a male art teacher much older than Will.)

• Love 1

If you can find a large enough version of the still of Will singing "Teach Your Children" to the assembled group in the choir room, you should be able to enlarge it enoughg to see that quite a few of those present were not members of New Directions 1.0, 2.0, and this season's 3.0. Which leads me to believe that this scene is one of the flashforward scenes in "Dreams Come True," and we are seeing many of the future N.D.'ers in the five years that follow. (Many of them are to the left side of the image, and some on the right, and we have a handful of Warblers, so I assume those are the remainder of the merged supergroup that competed with N.D. this season.) You can also see that some people are cut off, so it is entirely conceivable that there are others from N.D. 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 are simply aren't in that still image.

I've come to the conclusion that the only way I'll accept Rachel having the Klaine baby during a show is if it was an accident and she and Jesse decided they didn't want kids (at that time) and it was just serendipity that Klaine wanted the baby at all.

Dumb question but is This Time meant to be from the show that Rachel wins a Tony for or is it actually meant to be a Rachel reflection piece,

I just watched it on tumblr, and it's definitely a reflection (she's singing in the auditorium alone and in the hallways and stuff).

Thanks for that. After finally hearing it I really was struggling to picture what type of Broadway musical would have a song like that. Don't get me wrong, I quite like the piece but lyrically for a Broadway musical it didn't sound like something that the story would help connect to Tony voters.

Has there been any clarification on why Becky isn't wearing the red and white of the rest of the cast in the big group shot from I Lived. I'm kinda worried that somehow Becky is going to end up being Principal of WMHS.

So my head canon for the ending for Tina and Kitty is that Tina is with Artie because her mental heath problems have not yet been properly diagnosed, and Kitty is with Roderick because she hasn't dealt with being sexually assaulted she can't hand a physical relationship and Roderick is so grateful to be with her he doesn't ask for sex.

So basically major trauma or health problems are the only way these endings work for me.

Either that or they aren't ready to deal with coming out and Artie and Roderick are cover for them and they're together.

Has there been any clarification on why Becky isn't wearing the red and white of the rest of the cast in the big group shot from I Lived. I'm kinda worried that somehow Becky is going to end up being Principal of WMHS.

An awful thought, but she'd still be the best principal they would've had on screen!