Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Remember

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I think the Alexandrites are good people, meaning they don't want to kill, enslave, rape or eat anyone. But that doesn't mean they're all nice, wonderful people. Some of them are assholes or dumb because that's human nature too. 

The idea of Michonne being pregnant has never crossed my mind and I think it'd be like cheating, because we haven't seen her having sex with anyone.

I love to see them trying to fit in this new life (or pretending to fit, anyway). It's interesting. When Carol said how much she missed her husband I couldn't believe my ears, but then I understood what she was doing. LOL And I think she started to do that since last episode, and that's why she didn't say anything about trusting Aaron or distrusting him, iirc. 

The teen girl might be preparing a refuge in case Alexandria blows up.

• Love 6

Why dont the walls have support beams on the inside? Zombies will be pushing from the outside and the supports are on teh outside so thats as dumb as the stupid gate! I dont believe for one second people who could afford a house "starting at $800k" would put up with "off the grid" living. We're not anywhere near peak efficiency with solar power so people in the community would have to either also be very much on the grid OR be the richest hippies to have ever lived and be wiling to go without electricity for large parts of the year.

I believe it. Lots of prepper types with lots of cash around these parts.  A gated community with lots of guns all the comforts of home fully dressed and stocked for the zombie apocalypse not only COULD exist but I'd put money on DOES exist as we speak.

• Love 9
(edited)

If that were so, why did Rick and the gang almost starve...till they were lucky enough to eat dogs? They were not that far from Alexandria.

Traveling by road during the day. Not setting traps and waiting. Whenever they've had a somewhat stable base of operations, Daryl has found hunting to be more productive than scavenging. Remember, I'm not necessarily talking about deer. There's only so much that zombies can do to affect the squirrel and bird populations.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1
(edited)

No doubt that Rick and Daryl have a close bond. However, since the fall of the prison, we have been shown that their relationship isn't what it used to be. Part of it could be Daryl's emotional spiral. Remember, he partially blamed himself for the Governor's return, then he lost Beth, then he lost Carol, then Beth died. While all of this has been going on, Rick, Michonne and Carl had formed their own little family pod on the road. After Terminus, Rick and Michonne are seen making decisions together. She's the one who made the call to check out Aaron's car and she made the call to head to ASZ. That's way more than administrative assistant duties. Rick and Michonne seem to be clear leaders of the group with Glenn being more of a second in command than Daryl.

In terms of Michonne's desire to make ASZ work. I think this speaks to how fearful she is that they will all become feral and never be able to maintain humanity. I'm reminded of the conversation she overheard Carl and FPP having in the church about no place being safe. Deep down she knows that it is true, but hearing this kid tell a grown man that truth definitely got to her. Plus who wouldn't want some creature comforts after starving and roughing it for so long. I also wonder how much she thinks about how Woodbury could have been different. I think her guard is still up, but she's more hopeful this time around. 

Boofish, I'm doubtful about that. Planned communities down side roads aren't novelty, the sustainability is just an added perk for the wealthy eco-conscience. I do think finding and building a fortress around a community like ASZ is very smart.

I'm sorry, but none of that makes me see Rick and Michonne as BFFs or her as his second.  They were thrown together by circumstance when the group was broken up, they got to know each other.  Michonne had seen the doppleganger walker and chosen life, and her smile when she saw them was beautiful.  I didn't see them as an automatic family just because it was man, woman and kids,

They rejoined the group, and they talk once in a while. She gives her opinion readily, as do Carol and Daryl, Glen and Maggie, as did Tyrese. They support each other and have a conversation here and there  So do lots of other little pairings.  They're friends.   I truly have seen nothing that makes them special buddies, best friends, joined at the hip either physically or figuratively.  And it's not because I am disgusted by the idea. I love Michonne, she's one of my favorite characters.  I still don't see it.

Yes, she made the suggestion to check out the car and to go to D.C.  Tyrese made the suggestion to go into Grady less forcefully, and Daryl backed it.  Glenn and Maggie made the suggestion to split up and take Abe and Eugene to D.C.  Beth posthumously made the suggestion to go to Noah's hometown.  Everyone has made suggestions along the way, and one of them is obviously going to make the one Rick goes with. But it's not always Michonne, which looks to me like she has no more special status than anyone else with regards to the group.  With regards to Rick, she's his friend. 

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 3

Enid is probably not as messed up as Lizzie was, but she's trouble.  I think she took Rick's gun and is connected with one or more of the exiles.  There has to be a reason to draw her outside the walls and I refuse to believe she's keeping a pet zombie somewhere.  The exile/s clearly can't attack the compound directly but they might be picking the teams off outside the walls.  They might find that a little more challenging now.

I think that you are right that Enid took Rick's gun and is connected to the exiles who are likely planning an attack. It is the only explanation for why she is sneaking out. I can see Deanna letting a child stay while exiling the father.

• Love 1
But when heaps of them are making a prison fence collapse, you're doing something wrong.

They didn't have heaps of zombies moshing at the fences until crazy Lizzie decided to start feeding them.  Before they just had randoms lolligogging around.  Like when Michonne first came to the fence.

• Love 2

I think others probably responded to this one already but I didn't think it was a reflection, I thought it was Enid he saw peaking out the window, and figured she ducked aside as soon as she saw Carl looking back at her.  But I cold be wrong about that, we'll see.

You're a bad bad person kikimom and you're extremely going to hell.  As am I for laughing hysterically at that.

Generally an easter egg is like a hidden feature, or short little epilogue tacked on after the credits.  The world's person least likey to misuse that term would be TD's Chris Hardwick, but if he did show or discuss the easter egg, I somehow missed it. Or maybe they had to drop it due to time constraints. 

Chris Hardwick tweeted that the Easter Egg was the latin phrase on the arm patch on Officer Rick's new uniform.  Lots of people were yelling at him on twitter that he forgot it, but it seems like he forgot to say 'oh, this is the Easter egg'.  Mainly 'cause it's a kind of lame one, if you ask me.

• Love 3

I’ve been wondering what Tara, Noah or Gabriel told Deanne in their interviews.  Rick, Darryl, Michonne, Carol, etc., know to be careful.

Anyone remember Glenn saying, I can't even play poker---it's too much like lying!

The trope(s) I am referring to are: Black female = friend (aka The Best Friend or The Sidekick) = takes care of the kids (aka The Mammy).  This person's existence and importance lies only in what service they provide to the main character - including take the bullet for the main character and NEVER, EVER EVER as a love interest - they are too tough or serious or special or noble or spiritual for anybody to want to have sex with them.  I willing to bet that the word platonic was invented to use in context with this trope.  But what gives this trope maximum impact is that for most people the thought of this person's role being something else or bigger is considered utterly ridiculous and even downright distasteful.  Case in point...

Yes, I'm describing how she's been written and it seems funny that no matter what the story is, it must be changed to prove that she is not a Mammy or a SIdekick.

Other white characters can be sidekicks or take care of babies.

But a black actress cannot be given a role where her character will do the same things that white characters do.

Because that would be wrong.

What?

Plenty of white females have been on the show and haven't been assigned to be a love interest for Rick.

Do you think it is because they are too tough or serious or special or noble or spiritual?

Maybe just because he wasn't ready to have a sexual relationship with anyone yet after everything.

But he is not allowed to not be ready. He has things to prove. About other people.

Yes, I see Michonne as his Girl Friday; a work wife.

It's more than Maggie or Beth or Rosita or Carol or Andrea or Sasha etc. have been to him.

But the show must make, must make them have sex, soon, because not doing so isn't proving her worth.

I thought she had her own worth irrespective of a man's approval being bestowed by jumping on her.

• Love 14
(edited)

Glad people are noticing that Carol kinda blew an otherwise great ruse by going in there with the heavy gun; they should have switched around before entering but as has been pointed out, Aaron probably knows already.

I don't think Deanna is a shitty poker player who showed her hand; a great poker player likes to give opponents the idea they have learned what cards they are holding so they get overconfident.

We haven't seen many Alexandrians yet; we certainly saw more Vatos and I wasn't bothered that they were exclusively Latino.

Would someone please explain Deana's architecture professor husband bullshit?

I think she feeds stories to see if anyone picks up on it.

But as far as I saw, those "walls" were just steel posts and steel panels. Not really a wall. A metal panel fence. Metal is nice and strong and fireproof, but any idiot can guess how to surround something by setting posts and putting panels between.

An architect designs buildings, an architecture professor talks about designing.

I thought that was

Rick and Daryl went through the Tombs with Tomas and Andrew etc. and Daryl told Rick just gimme a signal.

Daryl told Rick it's always you with a shovel in your hand, always doing something for the group.

When Daryl was complimented for bringing in refugees he gave Rick credit for bringing in most of them.

It was Rick and Daryl that found the prison in the first place.

Daryl wouldn't leave at the waterfall when Carol wanted to and Maggie told Glenn let's take our chances because he thought Rick's done alright by me.

Rick didn't hold anything against Daryl for being with the Claimers temporarily because he said you're my brother.

And that doesn't go for anyone else; he didn't trust Andrea after she'd been at Woodbury,

Daryl saved his baby by getting the first formula.

Etc.

They have been such best friends that the meme sites are full of Bromance memes for Daryl and Rick.

There are no memes for Michonne and RIck as besties;

what they do become now as police partners we'll see and I'm so glad they aren't partnered with strangers, but I think many people see Michonne as Rick's sounding board on decisions. As if she was his administrative assistant. But it may change.

But are  you really a great poker player if you have to tell people you are? Speak softly and carry a big stick. She's selling herself because she's easily replaced. Politicians are not needed in that world. Not sure they are in this. Did I mention I can't stand her already?

Also, I thought Aaron looked guilty the whole time he was recruiting the Grimes gang. He knows this place is hinky. Sigh. What's new?

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 4
(edited)

If any character has ever had grounds to argue about being given a "mammy" role, it was poor Tyreese, who is spinning in his grave every time Rick tries to handle Judith. The only racial trope I've see them really playing with Michonne was more along the lines of "Proud Exotic Warrior Sidekick" or something like that. ( You know, because black people are so rare and exotic. In Georgia.) And now with her questioning Rick more, I think she's broken out of that mold.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 9

So if any of us don't see the Rick and Michonne relationship the same way you read it, then we automatically see it as distasteful?    And if we think she loves Rick's kids, we are only capable of seeing her as the Mammy?  I can't even with that.... 

Clearly you can't, because it's not what I wrote NOR is it the summation of what this very old and very tired trope is.

• Love 2

But are really a great poker player if you have to tell people you are? Speak softly and carry a big stick. She's selling herself because she's easily replaced. Politicians are not needed in that world. Not sure they are in this. Did I mention I can't stand her already?

Also, I thought Aaron looked guilty the whole time he was recruiting the Grimes gang. He knows this place is hunky. Sigh. What's new?

He knows this place is both hinky and hunky!  Amirite?

• Love 2
(edited)
Also, I thought Aaron looked guilty the whole time he was recruiting the Grimes gang. He knows this place is hunky.

Now it's hunky. Before, it was just douchey.

Can I just say it's a little sad that something that was so essential to my wardrobe in Middle School (the lavender one, by the way) is now an immediate sign of douche-baggery. Sigh.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 8

I like Abraham a lot better now that he is no longer looking for a "veehickle" to get "Ugeen" to Washington

I don't even have a comment for Zach and A.C. Slater "punishing a walker" for killing their friend? BYE FRANK

• Love 1

Thank you, BrokenRemote!  I did see that bit with the arm patch but it just didn't occur to me that that was the easter egg.  I feel like an idiot.  I should have known that Chris wouldn't let me down like that!

Just remembered a couple of things I really, really liked from the episode: 1, Carl's complete befuddlement upon being asked if he wanted to play video games or pool; you could really see that he was about half a second away from bursting into tears at the strangeness of it, and then Enid's terse "pull it together, sport" seemed to help him shake it off.  The second moment was after Rick broke up the ass-kicking of Frat Boy and Rat Boy at the hands of Glenn and Daryl, the way Daryl was stalking back and forth exactly like a very pissed off animal trying to get past Rick's protection, and Rick sort of very subtly keeping himself between them  - that was perfect. 

PS - welcome back, Rick's face - oh how I've missed you.  Damn that boy got some high beams on him.  Loved Deana's reaction to him post-shave: "Wow."  Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

• Love 2
(edited)

Other white characters can be sidekicks or take care of babies.

But a black actress cannot be given a role where her character will do the same things that white characters do.

Because that would be wrong.

What?

Whatever.  With this I cannot and will not.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 3

I'm sorry, but none of that makes me see Rick and Michonne as BFFs or her as his second.  They were thrown together by circumstance when the group was broken up, they got to know each other.  Michonne had seen the doppleganger walker and chosen life, and her smile when she saw them was beautiful.  I didn't see them as an automatic family just because it was man, woman and kids,

They rejoined the group, and they talk once in a while. She gives her opinion readily, as do Carol and Daryl, Glen and Maggie, as did Tyrese. They support each other and have a conversation here and there  So do lots of other little pairings.  They're friends.   I truly have seen nothing that makes them special buddies, best friends, joined at the hip either physically or figuratively.  And it's not because I am disgusted by the idea. I love Michonne, she's one of my favorite characters.  I still don't see it.

Yes, she made the suggestion to check out the car and to go to D.C.  Tyrese made the suggestion to go into Grady less forcefully, and Daryl backed it.  Glenn and Maggie made the suggestion to split up and take Abe and Eugene to D.C.  Beth posthumously made the suggestion to go to Noah's hometown.  Everyone has made suggestions along the way, and one of them is obviously going to make the one Rick goes with. But it's not always Michonne, which looks to me like she has no more special status than anyone else with regards to the group.  With regards to Rick, she's his friend. 

I feel like this response took a particular road that I never intended in my initial comment. I never claimed that Michonne and Rick are the best buddies ever in life, I was more commenting on kikismom likening Michonne to Rick's administrative assistant. That reads false to me. I also mentioned Daryl's emotional arc first in my post because, emotionally, I don't think he is ready to be the rock star/leader he was at the prison. And part of his emotional spiral isolated him from Rick and the rest of the group. In any case, I actually do think Michonne and Rick are more than friends. The whole group is more than friends. They're family. 

• Love 3

I'm going to actively campaign to make "Who's Deanna?" the new "where's the beef?" And everybody should say it like Abraham. (It could be because Chris Hardwick snarked so hard on that line last week on TTD, but when Abraham said it I laughed out loud.)

I guess this episode is the closest we'll ever know what a post-ZA episode of "House Hunters" would be like.

Andrew Lincoln should do commercials for Gillette. I could watch him shave all day.

Daryl would do well to remember what happened to Hawkeye and BJ on "MASH" when they refused to take showers.

• Love 2

Agreed about the fences. Their top priority should have been covering those suckers.  It wouldn't have been easy, but think of the manpower they wasted stabbing walkers day after day.  Blankets, pallets, old mattresses, anything would have worked.  They had a lot of territory to cover, so maybe even building an inner fence that was more for camouflage than for holding walkers off. 

That could be good for Alexandria, that they have fences you can't see through.  And I thought the main entrance was a double fence, like come in the first fence and shut it, now come in the second, but now I'm going to have to go back and see for sure.

I thought one of them said it was 50 some miles when they stopped for the storm.  Someone said "not much longer" and someone else said "50 miles" (or 54 or whatever), and the first person said, that's not what I meant. 

Kudzu vine would have been easy and fast. It was growing all around and we saw at the gas station that walkers can't get through it, and you can't see what is behind it.

It's Virginia so I doubt it.  Now they have three.

I guess 3 means POC? Michonne, Father Gabriel, Sasha, and Noah? And not counting Rosita Espinosa for a Latina?

I am unclear why something is doubtful about Virginia...that was posted in response to

I didn't get the idea we'd seen everyone yet. For example, they alluded to enough kids to have two sessions of school. Carol was cooking for old people, moms who need a break and anyone else who needed it. We didn't even get close enough to the cheek-pinching grandparents to see what color they were. I think it's too early to know.

I don't know why anyone has to doubt or assume; if I can Google so can anybody.

The state of Virginia is 19.7% Black/African American.

One out of 5 doesn't make Virginia completely doubtful does it? It's larger than the national average.

I do think one single episode inside Alexandria is a bit premature since there is plenty of talk on this thread about

Where are all the people?

Where are the children we heard?

How many people are there total? Why don't they come out?

Aaron said there were a lot, but the streets seemed pretty deserted to be taking a census, much less qualifying it by race, or gender, or age, or any other category. I'm going to wait till I've seen more.

He knows this place is both hinky and hunky! Amirite?

Damn you autocorrect. Hinky!!! The place is hinky! And I get the feeling that Eugene of all people will be the one to call her bluff.

• Love 1

Carol is clearly going undercover as well. Is this a plan they formulated together or is everyone sort of doing their own thing?

I think at this point they’re all just doing what they need to do, like that great scene where Carol comes out on the porch and says “Time to go make the casserole!” And then Daryl looks up and says, “You look ridiculous!”

I love that line.

That was an ad-lib. Because it is so foreign to what we’ve lived with for five years to see Carol in that pastel getup, we all sat there going, this is frickin’ weird. So then she walks down the sidewalk and Norman yells “You look ridiculous!” When I did the cut, I was like, I’m leaving that in because that is exactly what Daryl would say. And I don’t know if it made it in to the episode or not, but at one point Carol goes “Thank you!” as she’s walking away.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/27/walking-dead-director-greg-nicotero-reveals-deleted-scenes-latest-episode

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm going to actively campaign to make "Who's Deanna?" the new "where's the beef?" And everybody should say it like Abraham. (It could be because Chris Hardwick snarked so hard on that line last week on TTD, but when Abraham said it I laughed out loud.)

I guess this episode is the closest we'll ever know what a post-ZA episode of "House Hunters" would be like.

Andrew Lincoln should do commercials for Gillette. I could watch him shave all day.

Daryl would do well to remember what happened to Hawkeye and BJ on "MASH" when they refused to take showers.

I loved the bit on Talking Dead where Andrew Lincoln described how they shot that scene.  It hadn't occurred to me that he'd only get one take!  He said they set up multiple cameras and he just went in and trimmed and shaved in front of them.  And a lot of the crew had grown sympathy beards with Rick, and they all shaved that day, too! (For anyone who doesn't watch TD.)  I wonder what they'd have done if the take was messed up, like a plane flew over or the cameras lost power or something.  Fake beard?

• Love 1
That was an ad-lib. Because it is so foreign to what we’ve lived with for five years to see Carol in that pastel getup, we all sat there going, this is frickin’ weird. So then she walks down the sidewalk and Norman yells “You look ridiculous!” When I did the cut, I was like, I’m leaving that in because that is exactly what Daryl would say. 

It's no, "I know," but it's a good one.

• Love 3

Kudzu vine would have been easy and fast. It was growing all around and we saw at the gas station that walkers can't get through it, and you can't see what is behind it.

I guess 3 means POC? Michonne, Father Gabriel, Sasha, and Noah? And not counting Rosita Espinosa for a Latina?

I am unclear why something is doubtful about Virginia...that was posted in response to

I don't know why anyone has to doubt or assume; if I can Google so can anybody.

The state of Virginia is 19.7% Black/African American.

One out of 5 doesn't make Virginia completely doubtful does it? It's larger than the national average.

I do think one single episode inside Alexandria is a bit premature since there is plenty of talk on this thread about

Where are all the people?

How many people are there total? Why don't they come out?

Aaron said there were a lot, but the streets seemed pretty deserted to be taking a census, much less qualifying it by race, or gender, or age, or any other category. I'm going to wait till I've seen more.

1. It was a joke - about the probability of a gated prepped community in VA being racially diverse.   2. I don't need to Google info on a metropolitan area in which I live while being black - which is why I can joke about it.  K?  Good.

* kicks thread* Let's all move on from the supposed racial and female TV tropes over-analysis SVP, and continue the nice discussion about the episode and episode events themselves. I can see this heading starting to head into a direction that will become non-conducive to good respectful discussion. It's not there yet, but I see it coming...PlsKThx and Much obliged.

• Love 8

Before they got there, Rick said (paraphrasing) "I can't see anything that would make me want to stay there" They pull up and he hears the sound of children playing. I don't think it was supposed to be literal - the gates magically open and a bunch of children are playing right at the front of the community. I took it more as symbolism that it was the one thing that would make him want to stay; a home for his children. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it

Before they got there, Rick said (paraphrasing) "I can't see anything that would make me want to stay there" They pull up and he hears the sound of children playing. I don't think it was supposed to be literal - the gates magically open and a bunch of children are playing right at the front of the community. I took it more as symbolism that it was the one thing that would make him want to stay; a home for his children. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it

And Jessie's son (what the heck was his name) told Carl they had school, mornings for the little kids and afternoons for the older kids.  So there must be at least enough kids to justify splitting the day for 2 sessions (as opposed to "hey, there are 4 teens and one 6 year old, let's just teach the teens and homeschool the only little one).

My guess is that Rick's crew approaching scared them enough to have the kids pulled inside.  Did you see the look on the face of the guy at the gate?  Kind of like "Aaron, what's that smell, did you step in something?"  If that's what they all expected, I'm guessing the kiddos got sent to play inside.

Or they got there just as morning school was letting out and the little ones were yelling and cavorting on the way home, and it ended when they split up to go their separate ways.

• Love 2

You had me up until then. That is something Fratty Lite and Douchey Sidekick would text to each other. No possum for you tonight!

*sigh* Since I prefer to give beatdowns ala Glenn, as opposed to receiving them  - edited because no one wants to be *those guys* /wink

On another topic - someone up somewhere mentioned ----> Where's Morgan?? We saw but a glimpse of him way back in a preview. I still wonder if that's how Deanna knows about Rick and co. Morgan is there - somewhere - and will pop up in an episode.

Is it possible that Enid was part of Morgan's group, and both of them ended up at Alexandria?

• Love 2

Speaking of nicknames, anybody got one for the new location? I'm getting really tired of typing "Alexandriaa

AZZ - because that describes a majority of the inhabitants we have met

TZ - short for Twilight Zone because that is what they seem to be living in with walking around in members only jackets, making sculptures and playing video games

CDB.2 - Self explanatory

• Love 1

Damn you autocorrect. Hinky!!! The place is hinky! And I get the feeling that Eugene of all people will be the one to call her bluff.

I think it would be awesome, if there's a huge mystery here, if Eugene were the one to solve it.

I still feel like he really is smart--he figured out how to wrap Abe and his gang around his little finger.  He does seem to have some random scientific knowledge.  He might just wind up saving them all unexpectedly, and I would honestly love it if he did!

• Love 5
Speaking of nicknames, anybody got one for the new location? I'm getting really tired of typing "Alexandriaa

For those in the know regarding the comics --> Is it too early for (comic spoiler)

ASZ (Alexandria safe zone)

• Love 2

AZZ - because that describes a majority of the inhabitants we have met

TZ - short for Twilight Zone because that is what they seem to be living in with walking around in members only jackets, making sculptures and playing video games

CDB.2 - Self explanatory

TZ becomes "Oily T-Zone", in honor of Daryl!

• Love 4

Really interested in whatever con Carol is working right now. Obviously she wants to fly under the radar in order to get some intel and I love her for it.

However... are we really going back to "these people seeeeem nice but they're really evil and sinister!" I feel like after The Governor and the hipster cannibals, this is getting tired. I'd be happier if the threat were something else. I mean, how about a nice hurricane? Do people get hurricanes in Virginia? 

• Love 6

Speaking of nicknames, anybody got one for the new location? I'm getting really tired of typing "Alexandria."

Just call it VA - they are in VA.  Nobody calls out cities around her unless it is DC or Baltimore.

(edited)

One thing that worries me is that, of course there are going to be all kinds of flaws. But who the hell are Rick's group to say "We know better than you how to keep a place functional." Their own track record sucks. Sure, they know some useful things, and by all means they should teach what they can. But maybe a place that's stayed intact for two years is working better than they think it is. I don't want to see "Well, this leader turned out to be bad, so lets burn the whole place down and wander aimlessly for another half season." real life has bad leaders. Real life has crappy supervisors, who, in many real life jobs such as cop or soldier, get people killed. But you don't have a revolution every single time, because the new regime isn't going to be perfect either. Rick isn't a politician, though. He's a fighter. And what he's best at doing is fighting for quick solutions to small immediate threats.

The most interesting thing they could do with him would be having him play detective for a while, and shaking up the power behind the power. Any Discworld readers here? Rick turning into a sort of Sam Vimes to Deanna's Lord Vetinari could give us some very satisfying short stories within the larger arc. I fear my hopes are too high, though.

Nonetheless, count me as happy that at least they're doing some kind of a story again. I was getting so sick of "walk down the road, fight a few zombies, walk some more..." It feels good to again have something on my screen to speculate about.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7
God no That was how the fence came down, living like a goldfish bowl in a world full of alley cats?! The only reason they had to keep dispatching walkers at the prison because that fence was like the humans were on display at the zoo.

Be surrounded by something that walkers can't see you through from a mile away. (and that human enemies can't watch your every move.) As long as they don't fire guns or set off roman candles there won't be walkers piling up outside the wall. A couple followed Rick and his traveling parade but they were very attention getting.

They need to deal with walkers more proactively - before they even GET to your home. They need to incorporate some tricks from the Guv and Morgan, as far as pits and booby traps and what not. Set these up along the perimeter going several miles out, so you can try and minimize how many get close to your home base. 

• Love 10
   I like the fact that, thus far, there isn't a "bad guy", so much as a conflict between comfort and security, and what you need to survive to survive in the ZA versus what you need to survive in a community. Still, the idea that turning in your weapons is the fallback position in every new place seems shortsighted. Do the Alexandrians not know that the dead turn? No matter how closed off you keep your community, you cannot keep the people within from eventually posing a threat. It's part of why, showers or no, I'd opt to sleep alone.

THIS was my biggest question about the community. No matter how strong your walls, unless you have an emergency preparedness plan for how to deal with death within the walls (by whatever cause), you are completely vulnerable. CDB found that out the hard way back in their prison days.

• Love 2
Speaking of nicknames, anybody got one for the new location? I'm getting really tired of typing "Alexandria."

LOL, I know! It's too long! I saw someone upthread type

ASZ - as in Alexandria Safe Zone

. I think that would work.

LOL, I know! It's too long! I saw someone upthread type

ASZ - as in Alexandria Safe Zone

. I think that would work.

But that's what I want to know - at this point, is that considered a comic spoiler. If not, we can simply use that as the shortform.

• Love 3
(edited)

But that's what I want to know - at this point, is that considered a comic spoiler. If not, we can simply use that as the shortform.

Doesn't Deanna call it is that at some point or another?

Edited by AndySmith
(edited)

I did notice the granite countertops in the kitchen.

A'ndria?  No?  LOL

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4

Oh gosh, sorry! I don't read the comics and had no idea if that came from it. I just thought someone was using it because it was easier to type.