Type keyword(s) to search

Predictions on the Brown's Future Shows and/or Life Direction

• Start Topic

What is YOUR prediction(s) on the Brown's future shows and/or life direction? Mine are:

#1)  Robyn & Kody will never relocate from Las Vegas.

#2)  Meri wil also stay put but spend a long time in one of those fancy resort-like rehab centers for either a break down or alcoholism.

#3)  At least one of the children will turn out gay, thus presenting a challenge to the Brown's declared we will still love him or her & embrace their partner.

#4)  The joory buisness will be abandoned for something they excel in more: creating/hosting parties and special events.

#5)  Janelle & Christine will leave entirely when their youngest ones go off to college/move out.

#6)  I do NOT believe there willl be another wife due to Kody's realization he doesn't have the energy to go thru it again at his age.

Meri will relocate closer to her daughter.  I could see her doing something with foster children (which I could see Kody preventing in the past).

Janelle will continue to eat her feelings, living off the scraps of attention Kody periodically throws her way.  She will always drink his cool-aid.

Christine, with the help of her mother, will eventually 'divorce' Kody -- probably within the next 5 years.  She'll remarry a 'boring monogamist' and enjoy the rest of her life.

• Love 4

Do NOT read this if you are currently watching Big Love!

Kody's mom will be diagnosed with Dementia
secondary to Herpes.
Christine's mom will be impregnated with Kody's
offspring.
Janelle will be caught in a pyramid scheme.
Mariah will lose her virginity to a former LDS
member who left the church and does not practice
polygamy.
Meri will divorce Kody and become a Polygamy
High Priestess.
Robyn will become the only legal wife (oops,
already happened).
Kody will run for office in the state of Nevada but
Harry Reid will out him to the public.
It will be revealed that Christine lied about her age and she was only 16 when she married Kody.

After watching 4 seasons of Big Love on xfinity (I'm currently half-way through season 5), I would say any prediction for Sister Wives can be found in Big Love.  Its spooky how closely the two resemble one another.

Quite honestly, I thought of this topic with my predictions without ever watching Big Love. I didn't want a fictional family.

Janelle will continue to eat her feelings, living off the scraps of attention Kody periodically throws her way.  She will always drink his cool-aid.

Don't forget her working extra jobs to fund Robyn and kody's honeymoon fund.

• Love 1

Well, we sort of got a fictional family, except for that they can't seem to keep their own stories straight.

My prediction is that they all ride off into the Vegas sunset and are never heard from again, a la the guy married to the sextuplets' mom.  See?  He rode into the sunset so well, I can't even remember his name.  And I don't see any of the kids continuing in the polygamy world, after watching their parents make a muck of it.  There is absolutely nothing in their lives that makes polygamy a reasonable model for an adult life.

• Love 3

Well, we sort of got a fictional family, except for that they can't seem to keep their own stories straight.

My prediction is that they all ride off into the Vegas sunset and are never heard from again, a la the guy married to the sextuplets' mom.  See?  He rode into the sunset so well, I can't even remember his name.  And I don't see any of the kids continuing in the polygamy world, after watching their parents make a muck of it.  There is absolutely nothing in their lives that makes polygamy a reasonable model for an adult life.

Just like a person who prefers real fur no matter how realistic fake fur is ( not me ), I don't get the same emotional kick viewing actors, even though the Browns deserve a ton of B.S. calling out. I can't recall who it is, but when Kody's kids were interviewed, some did want poygamous marriages. How are they to know otherwise? I guess the ones that did not were being rebellious, lol.

My predictions:

1) Meri will stay spiritually married, but do whatever she wants, and not really keep in great contact with anyone except Meriah and Kody/Robyn.

2) Meriah will be the one to write the tell all book.

3) Janelle will keep doing what she's doing - losing weight, raising her kids, working steadily, married to Kody, funding his shennanigans.

4) Janelle's kids will become normal LDS and not look back on the crazies.

5) Christine will flip out. She'll gear for a spin off and/or book that follows he devastation, betrayal, new path etc. She'll marry some old boring polyg guy who won't want more kids and will let her be youngest favored again.

6) Robyn's cute younger sister under the same roof as Kody has the potential to be interesting enough for another season. That's about it.

7) Robyn won't have another baby unless she needs to recapture attention from wife #5.

8) When the money runs out, they have to leave the McMansions and file bankruptcy again, Robyn will leave for her next Sugar Daddy. The rest of them will move back to Lehi and live off Janelle again.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 4

My predictions:

1) Meri will stay spiritually married, but do whatever she wants, and not really keep in great contact with anyone except Meriah and Kody/Robyn.

2) Meri will be the one to write the tell all book.

3) Janelle will keep doing what she's doing - losing weight, raising her kids, working steadily, married to Kody, funding his shennanigans.

4) Janelle's kids will become normal LDS and not look back on the crazies.

5) Christine will flip out. She'll gear for a spin off and/or book that follows he devastation, betrayal, new path etc. She'll marry some old boring polyg guy who won't want more kids and will let her be youngest favored again.

6) Robyn's cute younger sister under the same roof as Kody has the potential to be interesting enough for another season. That's about it.

7) Robyn won't have another baby unless she needs to recapture attention from wife #5.

8) When the money runs out, they have to leave the McMansions and file bankruptcy again, Robyn will leave for her next Sugar Daddy. The rest of them will move back to Lehi and live off Janelle again.

I think this sounds about right!

Edited by mxmummy
  • Love 2

Robyn will never allow a fifth wife because she is a closet monogamist. She only saddled up with the Browns because she was an opportunitist. Now she is the legal Mrs. Kody Brown. Top wife. Love wife. Sex wife. Wife of all wives. She is not going to let a new female player into the web she has carefully crafted over the last few years.

• Love 6

I LIKE that, thank you! Maybe younger sister WILL be next wife, as the Collier polyg family of Montana with twin sister wives.

Edited by youcantbeserious

Robyn will never allow a fifth wife because she is a closet monogamist. She only saddled up with the Browns because she was an opportunitist. Now she is the legal Mrs. Kody Brown. Top wife. Love wife. Sex wife. Wife of all wives. She is not going to let a new female player into the web she has carefully crafted over the last few years.

Could she prevent it if it was her younger sister?

I predict a follow up episode in the future touching base with the Browns sometime after the show has been cancelled as a special for one of the Brown kids' polygamous wedding.

I predict Robyn has only one more baby.

I predict someone in the family writes another book.

• Love 2

Does anyone else wonder what happens when all the kids are gone and the 4 wives are stuck with each other and just Kody?

Once the kids are gone---along with their sex driven hormones, Kody's use will be,as  well. So I predict the Christine & Janelle will collect all monies owed to them & leave. Robyn is married ( stuck ) with him & Meri will never be in a condition to live alone.

(edited)

I do not know where to put this-  but the show should be renamed.  I suggest Sister Wives:  The Perils of Polygamy

What are your suggestions?

Edited by Jellybeans
spelling
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

Is this show finished?

No way.  They still have the wedding of Mykelti/Tony and the birth of Maddie/Caleb's baby to show. The new parents are living with Janelle and I doubt they would do that unless they were getting TLC money.  Even though the show was boring as hell last season, the ratings were decent so why would TLC stop filming when they've got a good thing going?  As much as I loath the Brown adults, I am invested and will continue to watch.  

Edited by lettsjetts
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Is this show finished?

Lord, I hope so.  They are the most boring family on the planet...any insights into polygamy disappeared in the second season.  After that it's been just a bunch of bitchy, unhappy women under the thumb of a bushy haired boy-child.  Waste of air time.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Lord, I hope so.  They are the most boring family on the planet...any insights into polygamy disappeared in the second season.  After that it's been just a bunch of bitchy, unhappy women under the thumb of a bushy haired boy-child.  Waste of air time.

Now that's funny! And true. It was getting boring to me what with the endless weddings and babies and shit. Bring back the catfish drama. 

1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I think it is done.

I can't imagine anything remotely interesting to show.  I, for one, couldn't care less about a bygone wedding or one of what will probably be a zillion grandkids.  This show has been dying a slow death for a while.  Time to dump it for good.  Won't miss it a bit.

• Love 3

I had a slow day at work last week and killed time by rereading Cynical Jinx's blog. It's amazing how long it's been since the show had any really meaty storyline. Catfish? Well, that wasn't really touched on in a truthful way but it was still 2 years ago. The "family restructuring" was about 4 years ago, and the drama of home buying was about 5. What we have now are 4 separate families who will be celebrating a continuous stream of graduations and possibly engagements. I can see the same from my friends and neighbors on Facebook any day.

I do admire several of the kids and would be interested in seeing where they end up, but frankly, that's what social media and places like CJ's are for. It does not require a tv show.

Barring another big drama, contrived or real, I think they're done. The party supply store has run out of holidays, so to speak.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I had a slow day at work last week and killed time by rereading Cynical Jinx's blog. It's amazing how long it's been since the show had any really meaty storyline. Catfish? Well, that wasn't really touched on in a truthful way but it was still 2 years ago. The "family restructuring" was about 4 years ago, and the drama of home buying was about 5. What we have now are 4 separate families who will be celebrating a continuous stream of graduations and possibly engagements. I can see the same from my friends and neighbors on Facebook any day.

I do admire several of the kids and would be interested in seeing where they end up, but frankly, that's what social media and places like CJ's are for. It does not require a tv show.

Barring another big drama, contrived or real, I think they're done. The party supply store has run out of holidays, so to speak.

Gawd I hope none of the kids gets a spinoff. They're just as boring. I was really pulling for some major drama within the family but if not, let's let em experience Vegas life (and mortgages) without a tv show. 

That should be pretty fun! We can still make fun of them! 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

We can still make fun of them! 

You know good and well that Kadoofus will not be able to do without his ugly mug in the media.  He's bound to find some D level rag to print stories now and then.   No need to be concerned about them disappearing.  I'd love to have pictures of the moving vans showing up at the foreclosure.  Does that make me evil?

The whole premise for the show went out the window long ago.  The plan was to sell the joys of polygamy and that was an epic fail.  There aren't any sister wives anymore, just warring neighbors and an endless, dreary list of failing get-rich-quick schemes orchestrated by the loser surfer dude.  Nothing to see here, folks, move on.

• Love 5
On 9/23/2017 at 7:56 PM, lettsjetts said:

the new parents are living with Janelle

You have got to be kidding! I thought Caleb had more sense than that and was wanting to be independant from the rest of the clan. What a disappointment. He's no better than the rest.

• Love 4

Now that TLC has hit ratings gold with all the different versions of "90 Days Fiance", I fear it's lights out for my favorite polygamist family.  If they do comeback, it will probably be for specials and updates. I hope I am wrong. 

As much as this show irritates and bores me I still find it preferable to "90 Day Fiance".  I've only caught snippets of that and couldn't stomach it and I even watch "Married at First Sight" so I'm no lightweight!

I also have noticed more "Meet the xxxxx's" coming down the pike.  More boring family shows.  Plus I watched the first episode of that "American Family" show and wanted to slit my wrists afterward.  Seriously, compared to that garbage "Sister Wives" looks like a great show!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

As much as this show irritates and bores me I still find it preferable to "90 Day Fiance".  I've only caught snippets of that and couldn't stomach it and I even watch "Married at First Sight" so I'm no lightweight!

I also have noticed more "Meet the xxxxx's" coming down the pike.  More boring family shows.  Plus I watched the first episode of that "American Family" show and wanted to slit my wrists afterward.  Seriously, compared to that garbage "Sister Wives" looks like a great show!

I HATE those stupid assinine fiancé shows. Just, fuck. Really? People are watching that, and it is ratings "gold"? Never heard of American Family. 

Society is truly doomed at this point.  Aliens probably cruise by our planet and are like, oh hell no. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Aliens probably cruise by our planet and are like, oh hell no. 

Hee!

I find all reality shows, at least on TLC, as just brain rotting.  I cannot watch any of them, they are so horrible and fake and disgusting and.....well, I have better things to do with my time.  I'd rather watch endless reruns of MASH or West Wing or Murphy Brown in a never ending loop.

7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I HATE those stupid assinine fiancé shows. Just, fuck. Really? People are watching that, and it is ratings "gold"? Never heard of American Family. 

Society is truly doomed at this point.  Aliens probably cruise by our planet and are like, oh hell no. 

This is that new "reality" show.  I use quotes because some of the stuff is clearly manufactured.  If you think society is doomed then don't watch this, you'll lose all hope:

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/behind-closed-doors-the-american-family/

Speaking of aliens, I LOVED Sean McFarlane's poke at reality TV in a recent episode of "The Orville"!  The ship gave another species' alien zoo an archive of 21st century reality TV and it was their most popular exhibit ever!

But I digress.....

• Love 2