Type keyword(s) to search

Predictions on the Brown's Future Shows and/or Life Direction

• Start Topic

I doubt there has been any hew and cry from sycophantic viewers so TLC is probably done with that mess.  I won't miss them a bit except to snark. I haven't watched in years and  couldn't care less about what happens to any of them except maybe the kids.  The idea was initially interesting but quickly deteriorated into a really bad soap opera without a single person for whom to root.

• Love 9

I think there's some specific reason the network isn't in a rush to put them back on the screen again.  Recent developments in the family might be especially negative and despite Kody desperately wanting to put a positive spin on it, the network may have drawn the line.  The rumors about him wanting to add more wives and Robyn being upset about that might be over the line for them to be willing to whitewash.  They were pushing the plausibility with the fiction they spun about his divorce from Meri and marriage to Robyn.   That and then there's the low ratings of course.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
On 11/15/2017 at 11:16 AM, TurtlePower said:

I'm just going to put this right here................http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/what-does-kody-brown-do-for-a-living-details-on-the-sister-wives-star-s-net-worth-146281

"And with no plans for a new season in sight, Kody and his wives might have to find other work soon — if they haven’t already."

“TLC is said to spend anywhere between $250,000 and $400,000 per episode on its shows, which means the Browns take in $25,000 to $40,000. The show has run 127 episodes over its seven seasons, which would’ve made them, at minimum, a little more than $3 million. That’s not even factoring in earnings from side projects, like the wives’ online jewelry and clothing boutique, My Sister Wife’s Closet.”

hahahahaha hahahah!!!

• Love 11
On 11/21/2017 at 0:59 AM, Snarklepuss said:

I think there's some specific reason the network isn't in a rush to put them back on the screen again.  Recent developments in the family might be especially negative and despite Kody desperately wanting to put a positive spin on it, the network may have drawn the line.  The rumors about him wanting to add more wives and Robyn being upset about that might be over the line for them to be willing to whitewash.  They were pushing the plausibility with the fiction they spun about his divorce from Meri and marriage to Robyn.   That and then there's the low ratings of course.

It’d be more fun if it came out they were all freakin’ miserable, that the only thing holding them together is the plethora of kids they have and they they’ve been trying to feign “happiness” for years. 

• Love 4

The 90 Day Fiance series/franchise was a surprise hit for TLC. All the 90 Day series have seriously impacted this family because those couples are cheaper and more entertaining than the grifting Browns.  I can’t imatine TLC filming more with the Browns. They’ll most likely air whatever has already been filmed and then end the series.  The Browns need to take a serious look at their lifestyle because there is no way they can sustain 4 massive single residence homes. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

The 90 Day Fiance series/franchise was a surprise hit for TLC. All the 90 Day series have seriously impacted this family because those couples are cheaper and more entertaining than the grifting Browns.  I can’t imatine TLC filming more with the Browns. They’ll most likely air whatever has already been filmed and then end the series.  The Browns need to take a serious look at their lifestyle because there is no way they can sustain 4 massive single residence homes. 

I am ADDICTED to the 90 Day Fiancé shows.  Train wreckkkkssss!!!  Love it. 

Didnt someone recently tag Meri on twitter or somewhere, saying how fun it was to hang out with her and their camera crew?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

The 90 Day Fiance series/franchise was a surprise hit for TLC. All the 90 Day series have seriously impacted this family because those couples are cheaper and more entertaining than the grifting Browns.  I can’t imatine TLC filming more with the Browns. They’ll most likely air whatever has already been filmed and then end the series.  The Browns need to take a serious look at their lifestyle because there is no way they can sustain 4 massive single residences

This is the best part. They had the one large place in Utah and my guess is based on location, less costly than the 4 large homes which I remember being around 350-400k (or so) each. 

Unless they’ve been sticking most of their tlc money into their homes, I dunno what they’re gonna do. I would’ve if I were them, every penny. So far their business ventures seem to be hobbies at best, but maybe they’ve got investments we don’t know about (yeah I know, giving them more credit than they deserve maybe). 

• Love 2
On 11/21/2017 at 10:13 AM, Absolom said:

It's ratings or salaries or both.  I don't think it's a lack of advertisers. 

I’d imagine it’s expensive to pay 5 adults the same salary. Usually a reality show has to pay two adults and then maybe throws a bone to the kids. 

• Love 2

I saw on Facebook TLC announced the beginning of a new show called  ! #SeekingSisterWife and describes it - follows three plural families seeking, dating, or transitioning a new sister wife into their lives. Watch a first look! The new series Seeking Sister Wife premieres Sunday, January 14th at 10/9c on TLC.

I wonder if Sister Wives has truly been shelved.

Edited by Mya
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Right there with you.  I can't believe they are bringing back this schlock.  Just inflates their over-inflated scammy egos.  It will probably be weekly updates on Meri's B&B (cheap advertising) and all kinds of weepy angst as she "struggles with her decision to honor the dead" or some such crap.

Just go the hell away.

• Love 4

Just saw an ad for a new TLC show called "Seeking Sister Wives," about three plural families seeking another wife. 

You just KNOW the Kodester would've signed up for that show in a heartbeat if they weren't being renewed, with the argument that those McMansions aren't going to pay for themselves unless we get a renewal, a new show, or - horrors - real jobs.

Best part about the new season is MOAR SNARK!!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

See?  I told you guys they'd be back!  TLC does this all the time - waits until less than a month before a show starts to announce its return.  Same thing happened with "My Big Fat Fabulous Life".

When you're right, you're right.  Honestly, I was shocked to hear it's back.  I thought at the most, there would be a couple of two-hour "specials" showcasing Mykelti's wedding, and Maddie's giving birth.

Really looking forward to snarking.

• Love 3

This ought to be a good season. Quote from article below: "Christine thinks Meri might be trying to distance herself from the family even more after her catfishing drama. That's something that Kody is also having a hard time with, when he says "Meri is ready to go back into a deep and emotional relationship and I'm not." Yikes!"

When will Meri realize she's never going to get Kody to the level she wants? He clearly doesn't want to. Run, Meri, run. 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/when-is-sister-wives-coming-back-on-149109

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Still mentioning the catfish? ? 

I feel like that's never, ever going to go away. That was the catalyst that made everyone realize how unhappy Meri really was and probably still is--she acted on her emotions. That elephant is going to remain in the room forever.

• Love 4

I just pulled up the TLC app to watch the 90 Day Fiance episodes I missed, and the first episode of Sister Wives is available. I made it ten minutes before turning it. They were trying to get some tables together to meet Tony's parents, and Kody was bitching and moaning because his wives weren't engineers. Seriously. He is still a douchenozzle. Tony was basking in the attention, too. 

Does anyone know which episode it was when Meri visited the other catfish "victim" from Georgia or wherever, and they giggled and had dinner and went shopping?  I'm having fun reading up on past threads, and I remember that particular episode had me all weirded out.

56 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Does anyone know which episode it was when Meri visited the other catfish "victim" from Georgia or wherever, and they giggled and had dinner and went shopping?  I'm having fun reading up on past threads, and I remember that particular episode had me all weirded out.

From December 31, 2016

"7. Another Catfishing

Meri meets another woman catfished by "Sam" and the stunning new details revealed lead to a reckoning with Kody. Their marriage is in worse shape than we ever knew. Then Mariah makes a huge announcement."

• Love 1

Clearly I am missing the presence of snark in my life, because I am irrationally looking forward to this next season.

That said, I discovered that I have no way to watch it after going to basic cable (thought I could get it on the TLC Go app but my provider doesn't support it).  Is there a way to watch (delayed would be fine) without paying for it?

• Love 1
On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 8:28 AM, laurakaye said:

Clearly I am missing the presence of snark in my life, because I am irrationally looking forward to this next season.

That said, I discovered that I have no way to watch it after going to basic cable (thought I could get it on the TLC Go app but my provider doesn't support it).  Is there a way to watch (delayed would be fine) without paying for it?

There’s an app TLC Go. I have not downloaded it because I don’t have a cable subscription at all. Here’s the info, I can’t paste the link

About

Watch full episodes and live TV from TLC anytime, anywhere. It’s FREE with your TV subscription. Just sign in with your TV provider username and password to get access to favorites like Sister Wives, Jill and Jessa: Counting On, The Little Couple, Say Yes to the Dress and many more. New episodes are added all the time, so there’s always something to stream.

ETA: obviously I should read all words in a post! Oh well........

Edited by ginger90
13 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So I saw the commercial for the upcoming season. Kody says he and Meri feel like a divorced couple. Isn’t it possible that it’s because they ARE  a divorced couple????

It's like he hates her. Yet she stays there and wallows in self-pity through "poor me" twitter updates (or she's bound by contract for another season). 

• Love 8
On 12/21/2017 at 7:28 AM, laurakaye said:

I bet you have Dish, like I do. Why don't TLC & Dish play nicely together? Pisses me off!!

Oops, sorry...just woke up from a nightmare (it's early morning here) and I thought I would read awhile on  PTV to calm myself down. I riled  myself up even more.

Um..topic?  I am looking forward to snarking on sister wives again. :)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I actually have Comcast (basic cable) so no TLC, and Comcast won't play with TLC Go, either.  Kind of bummed that at this point, I have no way to watch the upcoming season.  Do the shows ever end up on YouTube?

I have Comcast/Xfinity and the Discovery channels used to be included as part of the basic cable package, but no longer. I have the second tier package and so I qualify for TLCGo. 

I've been thinking about unplugging and going to YouTube TV but they don't include the Discovery network yet. That's not the reason I haven't unplugged - My reason is getting a chance to bring the cable box back to the local office during their regular hours and waiting in line forever. 

Amazon Prime Instant Video puts episodes online a day after they air for $2.99 each.  So that would be about $30.00 or more for the whole season.  It might be actually be cheaper to upgrade your cable package temporarily to see it.  Sometimes Comcast can be talked into offering you a special deal for doing so.

• Love 1