Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: What's Up Doc?

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ESS said:

I still loved Banfield even though we only got her for a season I must admit it did take me a bit to get used to her character because in my opinion she was worse than Kerry was on her first day (at least to me) and that's saying something

She did come in with guns blazing, didn't she?  Though I did appreciate her telling Blonde Doctor that three inch heels have no place in the ER.  I'm not even a doctor and it seems crazy to me she would show up in those.

I also laugh a bit at Neela's intern, Andrew.  The actor is is playing American, but his British accent comes out on what feels like a fairly regular basis. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

She did come in with guns blazing, didn't she?  Though I did appreciate her telling Blonde Doctor that three inch heels have no place in the ER.  I'm not even a doctor and it seems crazy to me she would show up in those.

Yes she did for sure!! I loved that she had the connection to county I thought it was a great move by the writers to do that with her character as Kerry didn't have that at all and by the time Heal Thyself aired all of what happened before started to make sense with Banfield especially Haleh mentioning that she looked familiar to her which I was confused by at first(as I'm sure others were too) about until that episode as Haleh was there with Banfield in the trauma room with her son. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I also laugh a bit at Neela's intern, Andrew.  The actor is is playing American, but his British accent comes out on what feels like a fairly regular basis. 

I do love when she called out all the interns, like the one that showed up with wet hair that she washed in the sink. I mean, she’s not wrong that it’s time to look professional.

I didn’t even notice that about Neela’s intern but my attention span was lagging by that point in the series until the second half of S15.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ESS said:

I still loved Banfield even though we only got her for a season I must admit it did take me a bit to get used to her character because in my opinion she was worse than Kerry was on her first day (at least to me) and that's saying something, but I did end up loving Banfield anyway, and at the same time I get what you're saying too about that because I would loved having her as soon as Kerry left that would have been the perfect time to bring her in and I don't know why that wasn't thought of before. 

I agree and I loved the tie in with Mark later, it was always good to see "oldie but goodies" later on when the show was shaky.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is Banfield was brought in late because Angela Bassett was busy with other projects, or wanted to see a good storyline for her character before she signed the contracts. 

I had read they initially planned to end the show with Season 14, but with the writer's strike that year, the season was cut short, so the show was brought back so they could do a proper final season.  My thought was they probably couldn't afford Angela Bassett (or someone of her caliber) until they found out that Mekhi Phifer and Maura Tierney were not going to come back as regulars.  

• Love 2

Just watched Masquerade.

I love Elizabeth's smile so much. I love Benton smiling just as much. So sweet, those two, when they were on the same page.

On the other hand....Carter and Lucy.

My God! He sucks with her.

But, I'm looking at it differently this time around. This isn't a repeat of asshole Carter from a couple of seasons before he dropped of the surgery.

He learned where he belonged and how to treat patients but he never learned how to be a great teacher. He didn't have the skills for it. Partially because he was still learning and trying to excel himself. But, through all of this, he does learn to become a better doctor and teacher. He had some major growing pains getting there.

• Love 4

Mark and Elizabeth are my ER OTP (one true pairing for the uninitiated) but I also loved Peter and Elizabeth together and imagine they got back together post-series even though I’m well aware of why Cleo was brought along in the first place.

Before I saw S5 again, I remembered Lucy as an overeager med student but not that annoying, so she actually ended up grating on me a lot because she acted like she knew everything already but she was in over her head in traumas and the ER as a whole. I don’t have an issue with some of the things Carter told her because yeah, her saying she lied to impress him is behavior I’d expect of a 13-year-old. And she did charge ahead with talking to a patient’s family when he never explicitly told her to do it. Lucy kind of made her own bed there, too. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Mark and Elizabeth are my ER OTP (one true pairing for the uninitiated) but I also loved Peter and Elizabeth together and imagine they got back together post-series even though I’m well aware of why Cleo was brought along in the first place.

Before I saw S5 again, I remembered Lucy as an overeager med student but not that annoying, so she actually ended up grating on me a lot because she acted like she knew everything already but she was in over her head in traumas and the ER as a whole. I don’t have an issue with some of the things Carter told her because yeah, her saying she lied to impress him is behavior I’d expect of a 13-year-old. And she did charge ahead with talking to a patient’s family when he never explicitly told her to do it. Lucy kind of made her own bed there, too. 

Lucy made many errors for sure but Carter knows damn well the pressure she is under and he also knows how many times he has lied to his bosses for various reasons. Some compassion and understanding should not of been to hard to give.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He learned where he belonged and how to treat patients but he never learned how to be a great teacher. He didn't have the skills for it. Partially because he was still learning and trying to excel himself. But, through all of this, he does learn to become a better doctor and teacher. He had some major growing pains getting there.

I think he tried to emulate Benton, but did not have Benton's skills or personality.  And yeah, some of it is that Lucy won't be honest about her abilities, so he thinks his methods are working, when they actually are not. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I think he tried to emulate Benton, but did not have Benton's skills or personality.  And yeah, some of it is that Lucy won't be honest about her abilities, so he thinks his methods are working, when they actually are not. 

Not completely. He thought he had a gem of a student that didn't need much teaching which was not the case.

In general, I hate when people reach a certain level and forget everything they went through to get there. He had to deal with his feelings being ignored by Benton. He knows the pressure she is under. The want to be the best. The scolding he got for doing what he thought was the right thing and did all of that to Lucy. He just could of done better. He will get there. The road is just rough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Whether Carter was a good teacher apparently depended on the student.  He couldn’t be bothered with Lucy but was the kind of teacher you expected the character to be with Abby.  Maybe the writers plot point at the time dictated whether Carter was a terrible teacher or not.  

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, ch1 said:

Whether Carter was a good teacher apparently depended on the student.  He couldn’t be bothered with Lucy but was the kind of teacher you expected the character to be with Abby.  Maybe the writers plot point at the time dictated whether Carter was a terrible teacher or not.  

Like I said, he had to learn to be a good teacher. Of course he was better teacher to Abby because he learned from his mistakes. I'm sure Lucy partially rubbed him the wrong way in some aspects but he never treated another pupil like Lucy because he knows how he failed her. All the way up to All in the Family, he still wouldn't fully listen to Lucy. He was too caught up in his own goals. After we lose Lucy and also his career aspirations take a nosedive, he becomes a much better teacher.

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, ch1 said:

The show also told viewers several times that Abby was the best medical student ever. It's probably easier to be a teacher when you have the best student.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The show also told viewers several times that Abby was the best medical student ever. It's probably easier to be a teacher when you have the best student.

Yeah, I am sure it was because Abby was such a stellar student.  Even Carter told the other med students to listen to her and emulate her because she was just phenomenal.

4 minutes ago, Claire85 said:

I remember Carter blowing off Lucy telling him Sobricki was schizophrenic because Carter was busy trailing after Abby all that day. 

Yeah I remember at one point Lucy mentions something to Carter about Sobriki (I can’t remember what exactly she says but I’m planning to watch Be Still My Heart again soon for when the podcast I listen to covers it), and he blows her off and she says “Just forget it, Carter.” And I do vaguely remember him giving Abby a lot of time and attention. 

• Love 1

I’ve been watching the episodes on Pop TV when I’ve been home on a weekday. It’s currently on season 12 which is 2006 and that’s when I started not watching it as regularly. I had completely forgotten about all of these new characters they brought on in the last few years and that Abby had a baby but as I’m watching, I’m also slowly remembering that I did see some of these episodes, especially the one where Gallant dies and Neela is watching the video he made for her. I remember watching it and crying along with her. 

Some of the older episodes I can still see myself sitting in some of my previous apartments (when I was young and single!) and I remember watching them. I remember the episodes that made me cry (there were several!) and trying to remember what stage of my life I was at when I watched the episode. I’m kind of mad at myself now that I didn’t watch more episodes when I was working at home full time LOL. 

i think this show holds up well even after so many years. I like seeing them not constantly scrolling through their phones like people do now and actually having to actively talk to or actively trying to avoid people LOL. I’m going to try to watch as many episodes while I can. 

• Love 3

Season 12 is really about when I started to falter and lose interest but I wanted to see the whole thing once, so I stuck with it. Overall I do agree that the show holds up well, but it ran about 3-4 seasons longer than it should have. (But don‘t let my cranky self deter you.) 

I still remember watching reruns on TNT when high school wasn’t in session so you’re not alone in that. 

I just finished the season 12 finale and season 13 premiere and I just want to comment on the Sam and Steve story. I know when Steve first came back into Sam’s life, he was played by Cole Hauser. I remember thinking he had a charm and a swagger and you could totally understand how a teenage Sam would have been taken in by him. When they recast Steve with Garrett Dillahunt, all of that disappeared. Steve just became creepy and sleazy. I’m really glad Sam got away with killing him and getting rid of the character. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GiandujaPie said:

I just finished the season 12 finale and season 13 premiere and I just want to comment on the Sam and Steve story. I know when Steve first came back into Sam’s life, he was played by Cole Hauser. I remember thinking he had a charm and a swagger and you could totally understand how a teenage Sam would have been taken in by him. When they recast Steve with Garrett Dillahunt, all of that disappeared. Steve just became creepy and sleazy. I’m really glad Sam got away with killing him and getting rid of the character. 

Creepy, sleazy, and greasy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

As Season 15 is starting to come to an end, I will say I'm impressed with how much better the writing seems to be.  Yes, it was a little cheesey to see all the cast dressed up in 60s garb, but I thought the episode where the doctor who essentially started the ER at County comes in (with a visit from Morganstern) was actually quite touching.  There's something about those death scenes where some beloved elder is dying and is surrounded by the people who love him and/or his work helped to bring together that turns me into a mess.  The same with Sam's relationship with her mother, the return of Doug Ross and Carol (with Susan Sarandon too!), and of course, Carter and Benton.  There is a moment where Carter tells Banfield that he came back because he needs a kidney, he had checked her bloodwork, she was a match and wound she donate that is pretty funny.  Banfield is stunned speechless, and then Carter reveals he was joking and he has no idea what her bloodtype is.   

• Love 4

The second half of S15 is where the show once again took on “ER of old” vibes for me. It started with Banfield and Morris in Let it Snow and then got better from there.

I thought the episode where Morgenstern returns was interesting too! And I remember feeling sad once I hit “I Feel Good” and realizing I was almost done. I bought the retrospective on Prime Video and cried like a baby at the end. 

I didn’t like Sam for a long time but once she starts working to become a CRNA and we meet her mother I don’t mind her as much as I did in her earlier appearances. 

• Love 5

Watching Seasons 13 and 14 now. What is the appeal of Neela? I’m counting Gates, Ray and now Dubenko who are all pining after her. She’s pretty but her personality is annoying and she’s so judge mental and self righteous. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, GiandujaPie said:

Watching Seasons 13 and 14 now. What is the appeal of Neela? I’m counting Gates, Ray and now Dubenko who are all pining after her. She’s pretty but her personality is annoying and she’s so judge mental and self righteous.

In fairness to Neela, I think nearly every staff member on the show has at least a few moments where they become judgmental and self-righteous over some patient issue.  I tend to think that ER in the last few seasons was influenced heavily by Grey's Anatomy.  The staff became extra horny, and relationships became an even bigger focus of the show than before. 

• Love 2

Just finished season 13 finale and wow, can’t believe what happened to Ray. It’s not Neela’s fault in the sense that she didn’t hit him with the truck or even force him to get so drunk that he wasn’t paying attention, but her constantly leading him on definitely contributed to his behavior. I’m glad Ray finally recognized that and knew she was never going to be with him, let alone visit him. I’m glad she is finally getting called out for her self-absorbed behavior. I have not seen seasons 14 so I don’t know if she will actually go visit him and prove me wrong but my suspicion is that Ray is never seen from or heard from again. 

Just finished season 13 finale and wow, can’t believe what happened to Ray. It’s not Neela’s fault in the sense that she didn’t hit him with the truck or even force him to get so drunk that he wasn’t paying attention, but her constantly leading him on definitely contributed to his behavior. I’m glad Ray finally recognized that and knew she was never going to be with him, let alone visit him. I’m glad she is finally getting called out for her self-absorbed behavior. I have not seen seasons 14 so I don’t know if she will actually go visit him and prove me wrong but my suspicion is that Ray is never seen from or heard from again. 

You might be surprised. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, GiandujaPie said:

In a good way or bad way? LOL

And now that Luka and Abby have gotten married, Luka is no longer a regular on the show? WTF? 

It depends on how much you like Ray or Ray and Neela together. (I was indifferent to him and she got on my nerves after she bailed on her first internship.) But it won’t happen in S14 (which is a shitshow for other reasons). 

Sorry to be vague. I don’t know where you stand on spoilers haha. I know on Reddit some people get their nose in a knot if you “spoil” a show that has been over since 2009 LOL. 

• Love 1

In a good way or bad way? LOL

And now that Luka and Abby have gotten married, Luka is no longer a regular on the show? WTF? 

Spoiler

Ray goes back to his native Louisiana after the accident and eventually continues his medical career.  He and Neela keep in touch as she is doing her surgical residency.  In the end, she goes to Louisiana to be with him,  At least, that's the general gist as I recall.  TPTB kinda got rid of much of the main cast early in the last season to make way for Carter and some of the originals to finish off the stories and that is how they disposed of Neela.

Good news on Luka leaving.  Eventually Princess Pissy joins him in Boston and she is gone, too.

• Love 1

I missed Season 1 on my first rewatch.  One thing I notice, since they make such a big deal of it later in the series, is the almost complete lack of any dedicated attending physician for the ER.  When Dr. Hicks shows up, she calls herself an ER surgical attending, but she only occasionally appears.  Otherwise, it seems like the ER is staffed with only residents and some med students until Dr. Greene is offered an attending position late in the first season.    

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I missed Season 1 on my first rewatch.  One thing I notice, since they make such a big deal of it later in the series, is the almost complete lack of any dedicated attending physician for the ER.  When Dr. Hicks shows up, she calls herself an ER surgical attending, but she only occasionally appears.  Otherwise, it seems like the ER is staffed with only residents and some med students until Dr. Greene is offered an attending position late in the first season.    

That is very true, while, in later seasons, the ER was crawling with attendings and very few residents.  In real life, there would always be an attending present.  Residents, even Chief Residents like Mark, cannot receive reimbursement from Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance for the work they do.  Everything they do has to be directly supervised by an attending physician who had to co-sign the record or the hospital will not receive payment.  So, there is always at least one attending, and, if things are really busy, there may be 3 or more present.  There would also be a lot more PA's than we see on ER.  Most ER's have at least one PA working per shift, often 2 or more.  They can provide services and bill, very important.  If there is a residency, there would be a couple residents working every shift and a med student present most weekdays and some weekends and nights.

Remember Love's Labor Lost where Mark made a series of errors that resulted in misdiagnosis and eventually the death of a patient?  In real life, he would've had to present Jody's case to his attending who would sign off and would at least lay his or her eyes on her before she left.  I supervise residents all the time, and, even the ones who are ready to go out into practice need to present the case to me and we discuss the plan., Of course, a chief resident like Mark, who all the attendings know and trust is not going to be as closely supervised as a newbie.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 4
(edited)
Spoiler

TPTB kinda got rid of much of the main cast early in the last season to make way for Carter and some of the originals to finish off the stories and that is how they disposed of Neela.

Neela's final appearance as a regular was in episode 20. She then has cameo appearances in episodes 21 and 22 (the finale) so it's not quite true that they got rid of her early. Pratt and Abbey (plus Luka) are written out early but I think that was always the plan, even before they knew it would be the last season.

After Neela and Ray were both in Louisiana, they appeared in one of the last few episodes in a video call. 

Ray's last appears in episode 21 when he and Neel are both in the video call. In episode 22, it's just Neela.

Edited by Hiyo
On 4/9/2022 at 12:22 AM, Rootbeer said:

Remember Love's Labor Lost where Mark made a series of errors that resulted in misdiagnosis and eventually the death of a patient?  In real life, he would've had to present Jody's case to his attending who would sign off and would at least lay his or her eyes on her before she left.  I supervise residents all the time, and, even the ones who are ready to go out into practice need to present the case to me and we discuss the plan., Of course, a chief resident like Mark, who all the attendings know and trust is not going to be as closely supervised as a newbie.

Yes, I just watched this episode and it was glaring how no one provided Mark with any oversight until Coburn shows up at the end. 

• Love 2

I bought the DVD box set of all the seasons and plan on watching from the beginning. I haven't been able to keep up with the re-runs on POP and my husband was complaining that it was taking up too much space on the DVR LOL. 

I remember seeing the final episode and I liked it a lot. I liked how there were some returns of former cast members but I also liked that life just moved on. I hate it when TV shows act like the final episode has to be that the cast all leave their jobs. It's not true to life and I liked how ER showed that life just keeps going.

• Love 6
On 4/12/2022 at 2:02 PM, GiandujaPie said:

I remember seeing the final episode and I liked it a lot. I liked how there were some returns of former cast members but I also liked that life just moved on. I hate it when TV shows act like the final episode has to be that the cast all leave their jobs. It's not true to life and I liked how ER showed that life just keeps going.

The only thing I really hated about the finale was here is Alexis Bledel, who has never been on the show before getting a major plotline. What was that all about?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The only thing I really hated about the finale was here is Alexis Bledel, who has never been on the show before getting a major plotline. What was that all about?

The only thing I could think was the idea of the episode was a few callbacks to the beginning of the series (i.e. someone has their first day and amazing things happen) and the idea that life will continue at County regardless of whether we see it.  

As a sidenote, I had read in an interview with John Stamos that he originally auditioned for the role of Malucci back in 1999, but apparently gave a really bad audition, so they passed on him.  I think the character would have been very different had he gotten the role.

And in my Season 1 rewatch, between Chloe and her mother, Susan has a really terrible family.  It's a miracle that she ended up so awesome.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

And in my Season 1 rewatch, between Chloe and her mother, Susan has a really terrible family.  It's a miracle that she ended up so awesome.

It was basically Abby's story, but written better, with drugs/alcohol in place of the mental illness. And Susan wasn't sour and bitter like Abby. As I said, it's probably why the newer writers made Susan so flaky upon her return; Abby had her old schtick.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It was basically Abby's story, but written better, with drugs/alcohol in place of the mental illness. And Susan wasn't sour and bitter like Abby. As I said, it's probably why the newer writers made Susan so flaky upon her return; Abby had her old schtick.

That’s part why I liked Susan’s character so much. She had a lot of crazy shit going on, but she still managed to treat her colleagues with respect and be professional and work hard on duty. Like you can have a a difficult life but not take it out on everyone else, and Susan showed that. Unlike Abby who was rude and snide/snarky to her coworkers constantly, worked drunk while everyone ignored it (and was never held fully accountable or treated the way Carter was), and practically had tantrums whenever there was even a hint that she didn’t get her way. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

As a sidenote, I had read in an interview with John Stamos that he originally auditioned for the role of Malucci back in 1999, but apparently gave a really bad audition, so they passed on him.  I think the character would have been very different had he gotten the role.

I'm glad he didn't get the part.  I really liked Erik as Malucci.  (and yes, I'm still pissed that TPTB didn't seem to have any idea what to do with the character and just wrote him out instead of trying harder)

• Love 3
On 4/15/2022 at 11:28 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

On 4/16/2022 at 12:41 AM, txhorns79 said:

The only thing I could think was the idea of the episode was a few callbacks to the beginning of the series (i.e. someone has their first day and amazing things happen) and the idea that life will continue at County regardless of whether we see

On 4/12/2022 at 2:02 PM, GiandujaPie said:

hate it when TV shows act like the final episode has to be that the cast all leave their jobs. It's not true to life and I liked how ER showed that life just keeps going.

I figured that too. It's a nice bookend to the series premiere. I don't know why they decided to cast such a well known actress for a one episode part, but it's fitting that the first episode was the first day for a new medical student, while the last was the first day for a new resident.

I loved the whole "life goes on" aspect of the show too. ER wasn't the kind of show that needed to end with everyone getting married and/or quitting and/or moving away and the hospital closing down. We came in in the middle of the action and we left the same way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The podcast I listen to coveted Be Still My Heart today so I decided to watch the episode tonight. And I still feel like I’m holding my breath at the end when Carter gets stabbed, then falls and sees Lucy. I had to take a big exhale and switch to a comedy show when it was over. Not to mention how sad it was when those little kids lost their parents in a car accident. Even Abby’s patient, the older woman who returns from a few months prior, gets to me. It’s all so poignant and holds up well.

I also appreciate the lighter beats we get with Romano’s dog (and Shirley’s facial expressions) and Mark and Elizabeth’s parents. 

Carter couldn’t have been any worse to Lucy though. It was like he didn’t care at all what she was trying to tell him so he could go hang out with Abby (who I actually still like at this early stretch of her run). 

On another note I am also watching Gilmore Girls and it’s going to be interesting when I watch All in the Family next week and Paris Geller comes in as Sobriki’s wife. 

• Love 3
On 4/21/2022 at 8:58 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

The podcast I listen to coveted Be Still My Heart today so I decided to watch the episode tonight. And I still feel like I’m holding my breath at the end when Carter gets stabbed, then falls and sees Lucy. I had to take a big exhale and switch to a comedy show when it was over. Not to mention how sad it was when those little kids lost their parents in a car accident. Even Abby’s patient, the older woman who returns from a few months prior, gets to me. It’s all so poignant and holds up well.

I also appreciate the lighter beats we get with Romano’s dog (and Shirley’s facial expressions) and Mark and Elizabeth’s parents. 

Carter couldn’t have been any worse to Lucy though. It was like he didn’t care at all what she was trying to tell him so he could go hang out with Abby (who I actually still like at this early stretch of her run). 

On another note I am also watching Gilmore Girls and it’s going to be interesting when I watch All in the Family next week and Paris Geller comes in as Sobriki’s wife. 

It's interesting. I just watched the episode from season 5 when Lucy, still in her psych rotation has to deal with a patient that is fighting demons in head telling him to kill his wife. It all felt eerily similar. The wife is this scenario is Grey Anatomy's own Arizona as a bonus. 

Lucy handles it like a pro. But, I felt worried for her, while dealing with this case because of the future. The main reason why it's interesting because two exact superiors she was trying to get in touch with the whole episode with Paul are here. Her residents boss gives Lucy so much praise for how she took the time to listen to the patient. 

It stands to just how heartbreaking and random what happened to Lucy was. It could just easily been this guy. But, everyone did everything right this time. 

It's kind of like any time you see Mark delivering a baby you might feel a tinge of worry. It's thr same for me with Lucy and psych patients.

As a side note, I love how they tied Djimon's trauma to Mark's in season 5. Both traumas were not the same but it was ptsd that plagued them both. I literally got chills while Jerry was getting ready to leave the bathroom while talking to Mark before I realized that was intentional to hark back to the same situation Mark was in during season 3. It was also brave. They hadn't even talked about the assault for like a whole seasons worth of time.

Watched Everything Old is New Again (S1 finale) the other night as a nice breather episode between my rewatches of Be Still My Heart and All in the Family. I really never realized how much I loved about this episode even when I think Carol and Tag should’ve called off the engagement before we ever got here.

-Susan seeing her very 90s bridesmaid dress and groaning but looking fabulous in it anyway. 

-Doug talking to Carol in the church and her recounting how boring Tag was anyway, and the way he looked at her at the reception when everyone was dancing.

-Malik and Mark deciding they weren’t going to waste the food. I loved Jen trying to stop Mark from getting Rachel some food and his response: “What? She’s hungry.”

-Carter having to redo his evaluation of Benton. I love Hicks! I wish she had stuck around longer. 

Where There’s Smoke from S10 was the other episode I caught and that one was so sad, especially when Kerry is pushed away from Sandy’s family and Henry at the end. I know it was a different time but it was haunting to watch. I don’t know if the actress who played Sandy couldn’t or didn’t want to work on ER long term or what, but I wish they had left this relationship alone and let Kerry experience some happiness. But she did seem to get Henry back fairly quickly IIRC. 

7 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

But she did seem to get Henry back fairly quickly IIRC. 

It was a strange storyline.  Sandy's parents put Weaver through hell to keep Henry, then just kind of give up in the end for no real reason. 

• Love 3

I really never realized how much I loved about this episode even when I think Carol and Tag should’ve called off the engagement before we ever got here.

Yeah, that wedding was never going to happen, which is a very good thing, but it was a jerk move to wait so long to call it off.  So I love this, when Carol joins the reception that everyone just went on with:

"I'm sure all this will hit me tomorrow."
"Wait until you get the bar bill."
"No, that's going to Tag."

-Carter having to redo his evaluation of Benton. I love Hicks! I wish she had stuck around longer. 

OMG, I love all that stuff with the evaluation, especially the scene in Hicks's office (and yes - love her [I generally love CCH Pounder in anything I see her in]).

"And, Carter, l don't want it back at a forty.  Be honest, fair."
"Right. Thirty-eight okay?"
"Yes, something like that."

• Love 1