Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Sister Act

• Start Topic

Kyle seemed perfectly FINE with Brandi when she was using her to bring down Lisa last season.  It's interesting reading her blogs from last season.

Now though?  She doesn't need Brandi anymore, mission accomplished.  She's willing to be friends, probably even desires it, with Lisa again.  The damage is done.

Kim, watching Kyle do that last season learned a few things.  Also, she hates Lisa too, so she was in on the whole thing. 

So anyway, Kyle dumps Brandi, because she has no further use for her big mouth, but Kim?  Picks her up and decides to use her as a weapon against Kyle.  Brandi, stupidly falls right into that trap, being very aware that Kyle has dumped her now, and is all chummy with Lisa again.

(Meanwhile, I think Lisa's "chummy" act with Kyle is simply patience, or boredom, a "keep your enemies close thing" but I seriously hope Lisa does exact revenge later.  It will be a thing of beauty.)

OK, so back to the whole Kyle/Kim/Brandi thing. 

I think Kyle and Kim are SO fucked up it's not fixable, mostly because neither is capable of facing the hard truths they need to face to fix it, and also because, hello!  They are both middle-aged women, if they haven't bothered to really fix it yet, they probably never will.  I think it's much too easy to blame this all on Kim's substance issues.  There is SO much more there!

Here's what I feel:

Brandi is being used yet again.  Clueless.

Kim is in serious trouble, and took on too much, and also the whole "alcohol only" thing is just ridiculous.

I DO believe that Brandi was scared out of her wits a few times by Kim.  I DO believe Brandi called Kyle after that 2AM phone call, more than likely because Kim was talking suicide, or sounded extremely stoned and could die ala Whitney Houston.  I think Brandi called Kyle because she was closest, and she knows Kyle more than Kim's kids, and certainly better than she knows Kathy.  Also, Kathy is often traveling.  As for calling Chad?  Something happened with Chad *we don't know specifically what* but he's still basically a kid, why call him?  Calling Kyle made the most sense, she would know how to keep it out of the gossip rags, the doctor's name, all of it.

I believe that Kyle didn't want to be bothered.  I believe she said "That's just Kim" and ignored it.  I believe Kyle does drink wine every night, and resented being awakened.  I also believe that shocked the shit out of Brandi, and made her dislike Kyle, (along with Kyle dumping her, and things Kim has said about Kyle to Brandi.)

Last.  I think Kyle is laying a defense for something Brandi might say in a future episode about Kyle, probably something Kim told her, more than likely about Mauricio (Kim has never liked him) and possibly about his cheating since there have been many reports of that. 

Do I think Kyle is just over Kim's substance issues, fed up?  Maybe.  Partly.  I can even sympathize with that, having been there myself with a couple of people close to me.  The thing is, I think it's SO much more than that.  I've watched Kyle for several seasons now, and I just don't like her.  I constantly see her grabbing for the edit/role of "the best sister!"  I don't think her hate for Kim is all because of substance abuse, it's deeper.  She's a very selfish, shallow, mean girl, mean to the core, as is Kim.  They are both so fucked up.

So ditzy Brandi has been sucked in by both of them now, last season by Kyle, this season by Kim.  She's so unprepared, which, to her credit, she admits, but she doesn't get the depth of it.  She's caught in a war that's been going on for more than 4 decades between Big Kathy's two youngest.  Kim does the whole damsel in distress "I can't stand up to big bad MEAN Kyle" thing and Brandi's protective instincts kicked in.  She's trying to make the fight "even" or "fair" and she really believes that Kyle doesn't give a shit about Kim when the cameras aren't running, FROM HER OWN EXPERIENCE.

Is that true?  I think, for the most part, it is.  For example, Kyle didn't even try to talk to Kim after screaming "FUCK YOU!" in her face with the double bird and throwing her ridiculous tizzy fit.  Nope, she waited until the cameras were running again, the lunch with Eileen.  Does anyone else see that as whack?  I do.  It gives some credence to Brandi's feeling that Kyle only shows concern for Kim ON camera.

• Love 8

I honestly think Brandi was trying to make an example: "People always talking about me and my drinking, suggesting I'm an alcoholic creates incorrect rumors since my drinking is social and not constantly out of control to the level of alcoholism WOULD BE AKIN to  People taking the situation with Bella's DUI constantly talking about it and blowing it up to to suggests she's an alcoholic just because she has a DUI".  I know, I know it's that was big stretch of a comparison but I sorta got the point she was trying to make.  Brandi just doesn't know how to express herself correctly and it drives me nuts. I truly think she was trying to say "God, yes I get drunk, yes I drink at social events, yes I do drink more than I probably should but to always be talking about it, to always have these serious conversations with me about it like I have that level of a problem is as offensive as if someone where to suggest Bella is an alcoholic and go on and on and on about it, talk about it continuously and speculate possible alcoholism just because she got a DUI" I don't think she was trying to go after Bella I think she was trying to make a point about how offensive it is for people to make these official declarations about her the same way it would be offensive for someone, somewhere in the rumor mill to declare that Bella is an alcoholic based on the fact that she got a DUI.

I don't mean to speak for everyone, but I get the point from the comments here that most folks understand the point that Brandi was trying to make: It sucks to get labeled by people. 

The thing is, there were a million ways to do that without dragging Bella into it. Brandi had to know that when she threw out that little nugget that the direction of the conversation would change. Yo would have to address it and answer to it in some fashion. This is a typical deflection tactic. If you don't like the way a conversation is going, you change the tempo and put the person you are talking to on the defensive. That takes the pressure off of you. That is what Brandi was doing. If she is as close to Yo as she says that she is and loves her as much as she claims, then she knows this deal with Bella was heartbreaking for Yo. She knows that she has agonized over it and questioned her role as a mother. To throw out that folks are calling Bella an "alcoholic", which is what Brandi said, would naturally cause Yo to take the pressure off of Brandi's issue and question what she was talking about. She is an asshole, there is just no other way around it. 

• Love 21

The real "truth cannons" are turning out to be Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson.   Lisa, especially - for the first time (other than the infamous limo scene), someone calling Kim what she is.  She's right, it's time for everyone to stop dancing around Kim's problem.

Poor Eileen - naively thinking that she was going to have a civil meeting between Kyle and Kim.  And Kim needs to stop with the "I didn't hear that" every time she's confronted with something she should have reacted to.  Hey Kim- guess what, it should be enough that your sister is telling you Brandi made the Mauricio comments - even if you didn't hear them (and we know you did).

Speaking of that, I think that's also a part of the reason why Kyle is so concerned about the Brandi/Kim relationship.   We've all heard the Mauricio rumors.   Could be true, could be false - I don't care.     But it also could be something that at some point Kyle confided in Kim about.  We know how manipulative Brandi is and Kyle is probably concerned that something she told her sister in confidence (or other embarrassing family business) will find it's way to Brandi's podcast.  Wouldn't be the first time Brandi has betrayed a confidence.

I found the Lisa/Max scenes (and the one with Pandora) touching.  And I think to some degree it was real.   At first I wasn't sure, but if Max, Lisa and Ken truly wants to pursue this on national television, I think it would make for an interesting story.   I certainly can understand Lisa's caution for many reasons.

Loved the film festival where everyone had a good time both at the festival and in the limo.  Why? No Brandi or Kim to drag it down.

Add me to the list of people that are  angry that this seems to have turned into the Kim and Brandi show.  They can twirl off  my screen anytime (tm Kenya Moore).  The other ladies have so much to offer in the way of interesting lives - why are we seeing the same crap with Kim  (and Brandi for that matter) we've seen every freaking season?

Fix it Bravo.

• Love 6

There is a difference between an alcoholic and a heavy drinker.  Some heavy drinkers become alcoholics, some don't.   The thing with heavy drinkers is many of them are able to slow down if they see alcohol taking over their lives; as long as they're not addicted to it, it's not a problem.  

Exactly! Not saying that being a heavy drinker isn't something to be concerned about but yes you expressed my point perfectly with "some heavy drinkers become alcoholics and some don't". Brandi did mention that she was drinking when Eddie left as a way to cope and that is no bueno but when it takes over a person's life is when I can understand labels like alcoholic or raging alcoholic like has been used in Brandi's case. Who knows, maybe Brandi does polish off 5 bottles of wine a night but these women make these claims about Brandi, from what I see, based on her behavior at social events where drinking is a given.

These women throw around alcoholic when discussing Brandi when in all actuality what they are really not happy with is her behavior (which is understandable) and acting like it has something to do with her being an alcoholic when in reality it's pretty obvious they are just pissed or don't approve with something she said or did (which again is understandable). I hate how it's trying to been spun into oh Brandi has a drinking problem, she's in denial. Umm no ladies, they are just fed up with her and her behavior which gets worse when she's drinking and instead of just sticking with the fact that Brandi's a pain in the ass they want to throw in alcoholic just for shits and giggles plus it also falls right into place with regards to how bad of a friend/influence she is for Kim.

I also have to say that I don't think that Brandi is "enabling" Kim to purposely harm her I think Brandi just wants to be a supportive friend. As hard as that is to believe. Brandi I really believe doesn't come after you unless she really feels like you've betrayed her friendship or have done her and the friendship wrong. Do I think she does some below the belt shit in order to get back at people? Hell yes, but I think she is loyal and doesn't unleash that really, really, really grimey side until you fuck with her and she feels like she's been treated unfairly. Not the most mature but at the same time I can understand what sets her off. Especially with these stank bitches.

• Love 2

Kyle and Mauricio have been there emotionally and financially for Kim & her kids for decades. Long before reality tv.

The narrative that Kyle only tries to help Kim when Bravo cameras are around is offensive. I don't even like Kyle that much but damn if I don't understand her frustration on those claims.

• Love 18

I'm glad LisaR spoke out so clearly and adamantly about Kim being an addict.  I'm sick of seasons and seasons of this show trying to hide Kim's addictions and drinking like she's some special fragile snowflake that must be protected from viewers knowing the truth.  It is so apparent, yet they were all so complicit in trying to hide the truth from us for years, as though we are stupid and will believe all the lies instead of Kim's actual behavior. 

Nope, don't go on a reality show if you're an addict and don't want anyone to know.  And thank you LisaR for asking why everyone is so afraid to say that Kim is an addict, is using and likely hasn't ever stopped using.  We may be fools for watching this show, but were not complete fools.

• Love 12

I have to say something about that Burbank Film Festival.    It was a joke right?   Was that Eileen acting or making fun of bad acting?

If it was an authentic event, it would of been the last thing in the world I would of made into a scene on the housewives.

I loved the faces the other women made in TTH.     Of course, they looked like fools too for showing up there too.

Oh my god, I just have to laugh.  The Walking Tampon String is not some poor wounded dove.  She's not even ditzy.  She is cunning like a motherfucker.  

Can we get a list of the absolutely shitshow things she's done to other people here?  This is just off the top of my head, correct any of it if I'm off-point:  Outed her sister's molestation.  Called her kid a little fucker or a little asshole, can't recall.  Fucked with Adrienne.  Fucked with Paul.  Fucked with Joyce.  Fucked with Mr. Joyce.  Fucked with Lisa V and Ken, who genuinely have this blind spot habit of taking in broken birds who are really grifters and getting shafted for their kindess.   Is aiding and enabling a junkie, the same junkie that she outed from the get by calling her a meth addict.  Is currently fucking with Yo, Kyle, and Lisa R.

Yes, this is a reality show and there are editors who drive the story.  Unfortunately, the Walking Tampon String has said more than enough bullshit over her time on this show to sink her a thousand times over.  She is not the 'woe is me' poor little single mommy, she is a nasty, sloppy, stupid drunk who talks first and doesn't bother to think later, she just adds more lies to the pile.  One thing I do believe is that she has anxiety disorders.  She should be seeing someone for that and not popping a Xanax when the mood strikes her

In my opinion.

• Love 23

I loved how at the Burbank Film Fest the escalator stopped abruptly at the beginning of the red carpet AKA "red bathmat" as Eileen said. That was so hilarious. 

I actually found it super-endearing when Pandora said "He's ours" about her brother.

And as someone who has lost a sibling too, I was a little choked up by Eileen losing two siblings and saying "life is too short"--because it is. Pity she tried to waste her compassion on the "desolate machine" of the Richards sisters, who are both awful in my opinion.

How depressing that Brandi's podcast is recorded in an actual studio with some kind of producer behind the glass. I had imagined her talking into a plastic kids microphone sitting on her bed.

• Love 7

I'm glad LisaR spoke out so clearly and adamantly about Kim being an addict.  I'm sick of seasons and seasons of this show trying to hide Kim's addictions and drinking like she's some special fragile snowflake that must be protected from viewers knowing the truth.  It is so apparent, yet they were all so complicit in trying to hide the truth from us for years, as though we are stupid and will believe all the lies instead of Kim's actual behavior.

I'm glad she's being honest too.

I can see why the Housewives have been afraid to say anything publicly. Look at the reaction. You're fake or only looking for camera time if you speak the truth. You're preying on poor sweet naïve Kim who just dreams of turtles and sparkles. Brandi's just a hard working misunderstood single Mom trying to live her life amongst these calculating shrews. Stop labeling!!!!

It's a no win situation.

• Love 8

These women throw around alcoholic when discussing Brandi when in all actuality what they are really not happy with is her behavior (which is understandable) and acting like it has something to do with her being an alcoholic when in reality it's pretty obvious they are just pissed or don't approve with something she said or did (which again is understandable).

Maybe you missed the scene when Brandi threw a glass of wine at Eileen's face. That wasn't just boorish behavior, that was the alcohol talking. The editors were not so subtle in telling us this, as they showed gulp after gulp of Brandi pre-throw!

• Love 6

LOL!  I hear you and, yeah ... it's tricky, ain't it?  Being helpful and indulging in self-satisfaction and vanity are rarely mutually exclusive -- a tangled web.   My favorite intervention scene will always be the one on "The Sopranos" with Cris-tah-fa.  I can totally see RHBH staging such a thing too.  They can bring on Kathy to play either Carmela or Paulie.

My God, you're taking me back to the days of old. Substitute Silvio for Kyle and obvs Kim for Chris so we can have this exchange:

Kyle: When I came to open up one morning, there you were with your head half in the toilet, your hair was in the toilet water... disgusting.

Kim: I told you, I had the flu.

Kyle: I said my peace, Kimmy...

• Love 4

So anyway, Kyle dumps Brandi, because she has no further use for her big mouth, but Kim?  Picks her up and decides to use her as a weapon against Kyle.  Brandi, stupidly falls right into that trap, being very aware that Kyle has dumped her now, and is all chummy with Lisa again.

When did Kyle dump Brandi? The way I remember it was two gals were drinking champagne in a limo on a way to a party and getting along wonderfully. Kyle was sharing information with Brandi that I have never heard her share with anyone else on camera that we have seen.  They seemed to be getting along quite well. Suddenly they are sitting at a table and Brandi is calling her "stupid". More than once. Then Brandi gets in between Kyle and her sister.  Was there an official dumping of Brandi before this that I didn't see? Something that made Brandi morph into the giant asshole we saw that night? 

• Love 19

The sisters didn't even HEAR Eileen.  All they care about is their fight, which has been going on long before this show ever began.

I lost my sister this year as well, and I completely get where Eileen was trying to go.  Those two wastes of skin can't see the forest for the trees, and each tree is a different memory of a perceived slight or issue from childhood through middle age.

If Kim dies, Kyle can do the crying thing, and get more screen time and sympathy, and be the only one left to define their relationship.  She's probably already rehearsed it in her mind, the DEVASTATING LOSS! 

She doesn't really get what that will mean.  Eileen was trying to show them both that, but they are too selfish, stupid, childish, and angry to care. 

• Love 1

I'm not on the fence about whether or not Brandi is an alcoholic. All of the signs are there.

The blog...I know, I know I shouldn't let this shit bother me but I find it too frustrating that she thinks she can away with selling her twisted version of events. I can't stand the way she twists the things her critics say so that she makes it seem like everyone else is being unreasonable or offensive.

All quotes are from Brandi's blog:

Addiction is not a negative label, and it’s not an insult. It’s being used by some people to label others in a negative light, which I find distasteful and shameful. It's wrong and discriminatory to view an addict as a bad or somehow a lesser person. Addiction is serious and shouldn’t be tossed around lightly to diminish others or as a slur or to create dramatic effect or bring attention to the speaker.

So she's not even going to address the times where she herself has very much used addiction as an insult? Furthermore, who on the show is using addiction as a negative label? The person who was talking about it most, LisaR, was talking about it because she wanted to help Kim and felt sympathy for her. 

Don’t they have anything else to do or gossip about, other than Kim and I? I’m beginning to think some don’t. 

She's gone on all day long about most of the women at one time or another. Meanwhile the women were perfectly fine having a day without the presence of Brandi and Kim (or Yolanda for that matter.)

This season Brandi keeps trying to sell to the audience that she's integral to the show but I think it's becoming increasingly apparent that she's not. She's grasping at straws to stay relevant and is projecting many of her issues on to the other women.

It seems even Yolanda was visited by Kyle with her tall tales of my attacking her. Sorry, Kyle, you can keep selling it hard, but no one smart is buying it. Well, now Yo has seen and knows the whole truth, but it’s a shame my friend Yo was told so many distorted tales, and we had to address the manufactured drama instead of just enjoy our day together.

Lyme disease be damned, I really want Yolanda to update her blog because I want her to sound the fuck off on Brandi. Saying that Yolanda has now seen the truth so Brandi is all but saying that Yolanda should back her. 

Just because people say it or write about it doesn’t make it the truth.

Yet viewers are just supposed to believe whatever Brandi says according to Brandi because she's the self-proclaimed "truth cannon"? How often does this woman talk out of both sides of her mouth?

I would have preferred to stay home and for Kim to have had a fun night with friends. I was talked into going, and I now wish I had listened to my gut and stayed home. I did not go their looking for a fight or for this to happen

Gah, she is such a lying liar who lies. She's had several different versions as to why she attended that night yet she'd have us believe that she didn't go looking for a fight or that she was ready to play nice when on the way over in the car she was calling Kyle names and saying things like how she wouldn't hug her? What happened to her excuse of going to the mixer because her hairdresser was "lonely and depressed"? She can't even keep her stupid lies straight.

Now, to quote Kim on Eileen’s constant interference, “Just stay out of this.” That’s my opinion, too. You don’t know Kim, and you don’t know me. You don’t even know Kyle. Surely, with that Daytime Emmy and the Burbank Film Festival, you can find something to talk about every week besides me. Seriously. Anything. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm the most exciting thing in your life.

Doesn't Brandi sound like such a hater here? I get that the Burbank Film Festival is what it is but I can't stand the vibe that Brandi thinks that she has more going on than Eileen because of things like her boring Podcast. Also, why is it okay for Brandi to talk about what's going on on the show with the women and not Eileen? As usual Brandi is showing herself to be a hypocrite.

Yep, we also saw Lisa R. being VERY concerned with labeling people she doesn’t know with the very strong word, “addiction.” This seems like a pastime for her. She has no understanding of the definition of “enabler,” either. But she knows it has negative connotations and it’s dramatic, so she uses it frequently and irresponsibly. I’m not quite sure if she sees herself as a psychiatrist, psychologist, sober coach or MSW, what with her diagnosing anger issues, alcoholism, and addictions at most of our social functions, but, last I heard, they didn’t give out those degrees or doctorates on Melrose Place.

I have to question whether or not Brandi understands what words like addiction and enabling mean. Then Brandi is going to go and call LisaR irresponsible? At no point was LisaR pretending to be a psychiatrist, a sober coach or anything like that. Meanwhile it's okay for Brandi to put Kim's issues on blast for all of the viewers to see. 

Oh and is it me or does Brandi again sound like a total hater here? I don't know how to explain it exactly but she's throwing out the Melrose Place comment out there like LisaR is trying to act she has the right to say these things because she was on a TV show or something and I don't that's what LisaR was trying to do at all.

This reunion can't come fast enough. I wonder if Brandi will have the nerve to criticize LisaR for throwing the wine?

• Love 11

Maybe you missed the scene when Brandi threw a glass of wine at Eileen's face. That wasn't just boorish behavior, that was the alcohol talking. The editors were not so subtle in telling us this, as they showed gulp after gulp of Brandi pre-throw!

Or the tampon string dangling from parts slightly north? 

If I am ever seen drunk, with my ass hanging out and my tampon string dangling, I will consider it fair enough if someone suggests I have a drinking problem. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 19

I can't  get hard or hot over Brandi except as a condiment.  She does nothing for me except in relation to the other gals.  I wish I could partake because it makes me feel bad about myself but I just don't and can't have real steaming feeling about her.  She's like gray. Except I like gray better. 

And I feel bad really when I see the tampon string mentioned.  Her real fault in that was being so damn drunk that she didn't know or care that she had no underwear on and was on her period.  Not great to see a photo of yourself like that even if you're not on the rag but the fact that she was and had her stuff in place, I dunno.  Why do we hate ourselves so much?  Wasn't it enough that she was flat out fucking wasted?

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

My God, you're taking me back to the days of old. Substitute Silvio for Kyle and obvs Kim for Chris so we can have this exchange:

Kyle: When I came to open up one morning, there you were with your head half in the toilet, your hair was in the toilet water... disgusting.

I know, right?, as the kids say.  Trust me, they will take us there before it's all over. 

It's da flu,  I'm  telling ya ... I'd da flu!  And go fuck yourself, Ma!

And for real because it's so ridic ... In recovery for ANY reason?  Get ready to go off a full 24-48 hours later because all your jones will be tickled with exactly no recovery in sight. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 1

I think it is safe to say Kim is not using Lidocaine patches as they do not have any effect on one's awareness.  How sad is it that Kim picked Brandi as her best friend?  Equally sad is Kim wanting kudos for summoning up the courage to confide in Brandi.  I do think it is healthy (especially for Kim's family members) that she is trying to find a friend but I think she should have tried a sober friend. 

I feel for Kim that she has wrapped her whole world around this idea that she has bullet proof sobriety.  From Kim's first interview with Andy I always thought her sobriety was tenuous at best.  My guess is Kim has stopped watching the episodes-that is her go to defense mechanism. 

None of these ladies are sober besides maybe Yolanda as far as I can tell. Of course Kim is going to feel more comfortable with Brandi because they are both stunted and similarly situated.

Really?

I think Kyle and Kim have a dysfunctional relationship like a number of people.

There's not a doubt in my mind that if something happens to Kim it will devastate Kyle, Mauricio and their children. The suggestion that she would be readying her tears for television is beyond my comprehension.

Agreed. They have a complex relationship, but I have no idea what Kyle has ever done to make that thought come to mind. 

• Love 4
If Kim dies, Kyle can do the crying thing, and get more screen time and sympathy, and be the only one left to define their relationship.  She's probably already rehearsed it in her mind, the DEVASTATING LOSS!

Really?

I think Kyle and Kim have a dysfunctional relationship like a number of people.

There's not a doubt in my mind that if something happens to Kim it will devastate Kyle, Mauricio and their children. The suggestion that she would be readying her tears for television is beyond my comprehension.

You left out the rest of what I said.  Or I didn't say it well enough.  One of those.

Eileen DOES get it, she knows what it will really mean.  Neither Kyle nor Kim got it, they are too wrapped up.

I didn't say Kyle won't be devastated, I am saying that Kyle has a movie playing in her head about it, and she's dead wrong.  It's a gut punch that she will feel when/if it happens.  Eileen's entire point was "stop this petty shit and look at how you will feel if you keep this up and one of you dies."  Neither sister heard her.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I must have been hiding under a rock somewhere and missed the episode where Kim Richards accused Lisa's husband Harry Hamlin of cheating on her. Wow and I mean WOW! So I missed this explosiveness last November when Lisa flipped out and wanted to physically attack Kim. But now I kind of 'get' why Lisa Rinna is determined to have Kim certified as a drug and alcohol abuse. But there is the fact too that Harry's two brothers died from alcoholism within months of each other. So, she might be genuinely trying to get Kim the help she needs. Nah.

http://allthingsrh.com/harry-hamlin-cheating-allegations-caused-lisa-rinna-explode-kim-richards/

RinnaRichards.gif?resize=510%2C284

Edited by HumblePi

I know, right?, as the kids say.  Trust me, they will take us there before it's all over. 

It's da flu,  I'm  telling ya ... I'd da flu!  And go fuck yourself, Ma!

And for real because it's so ridic ... In recovery for ANY reason?  Get ready to go off a full 24-48 hours later because all your jones will be tickled with exactly no recovery in sight. 

Idk that Kingsley would be a good substitution for Cosette.

All joking aside and since it can't be said enough, I really do hope Kyle does some actual introspection and invests in an excellent therapist and AlAnon. And maybe just leave entirely. One would hope though.

None of these ladies are sober besides maybe Yolanda as far as I can tell. Of course Kim is going to feel more comfortable with Brandi because they are both stunted and similarly situated.

I don't think I've ever seen Lisa V appear to drunk or anything like it. I've seen Kyle tipsy quite a few times, but she's never behaved in any way that indicated she had a problem. The only two who have displayed a consistent pattern of abusing alcohol, IMO, are Brandi and Kim. So yes, maybe they relate in some ways. But their similar abuse issues actually serve to enable each other, so I think they're probably the worst match on this show as far as friendship goes. 

• Love 4

HumblePi -- Hello Wednesday afternoon on the East Coast! Crack me up and thanks.  If we couldn't laugh we would surely cry ... 

Lisa R. going mad I am looking forward to.  I like the Rinna quite a bit and have no doubt that one broken glass in Kim's direction will sure bring out her inner Fellini. 

AND the American cheating mantra which seems to excuse all kinds of tacky ass behavior on tv. 

Edited by copacabana

I don't think I've ever seen Lisa V appear to drunk or anything like it. I've seen Kyle tipsy quite a few times, but she's never behaved in any way that indicated she had a problem. The only two who have displayed a consistent pattern of abusing alcohol, IMO, are Brandi and Kim. So yes, maybe they relate in some ways. But their similar abuse issues actually serve to enable each other, so I think they're probably the worst match on this show as far as friendship goes. 

That doesn't mean they are sober.

• Love 1

I must have been hiding under a rock somewhere and missed the episode where Kim Richards accused Lisa's husband Harry Hamlin of cheating on her. Wow and I mean WOW! So I missed this explosiveness last November when Lisa flipped out and wanted to physically attack Kim. But now I kind of 'get' why Lisa Rinna is determined to have Kim certified as a drug and alcohol abuse. But there is the fact too that Harry's two brothers died from alcoholism within months of each other. So, she might be genuinely trying to get Kim the help she needs. Nah.

No you haven't missed this because the episode hasn't aired yet.

The reason why Kim starts hating Lisa is because of Lisa's bluntness about her addiction. That's when Kim makes the allegation about Lisa and Harry's marriage. It's her go-to defense. Change the conversation. Sort of like Brandi talking about Mauricio to Kyle or Bella to Yolanda..

• Love 5

When Brandi and LisaR were having their conversation, Brandi's hair looked like shit. One side of her head looked like a really really bad lace front wig. Stop using your $1,000.00 a week for groceries on booze and go to a hair salon pronto.

• Love 6

Agree, if Kim has threatened suicide, it is just another manipulative tool that some addicts resort to in order to fuck with the minds of those around them. Of the three addicts I had to deal with personally, two of them cried suicide and of those two, one attempted, but failed only because the method they chose would only harm them to an extent without causing death

No one sets out to be an enabler just like no one sets out to be an addict. Sounds like you had a devil of a bad experience and I grieve for you -- Happy to see you made it to the other side.

Thank you for your kind words. Please, don't griueve as it was truly a learning experience. If I went through all that and remained the lost person that I was back then, then I would surely need some support.

In some ways I agree with your assessment that Kyle has the means to get herself help as well as the fact she has access to Mauricio's mother who could easily direct her to the proper professionals. For all I know, maybe Kyle is receiving help. I had access to getting help, but it took time for me to get to that point where I was ready to accept what I needed to do, and stop trying to push those addicts into getting help. When I finally got to that point, it still took a good long time for me to put all that I learned into action. Setting boundaries was one of them. It seems Kyle has done that by ignoring Kim's 2 a.m. phone calls, for which Nasty-ass Granville has blasted Kyle for doing just that.

Kyle has years and years of manure to sort through and an enormous amount of years of handling Kim in an improper manner. I wouldn't expect her to know exactly how to handle her sister and the addiction behavior she exhibits without much therapy and learning how to use the tools properly.

• Love 4

I know, right?, as the kids say.  Trust me, they will take us there before it's all over.

It's da flu,  I'm  telling ya ... I'd da flu!  And go fuck yourself, Ma!

Ooh, I want to play!

LisaV to Kim: I happen to know that you were high at the opening of SUR. You were talking nonstop for twenty minutes nothing but gibberish. 

*Andy Cohen shakes his head*

Andy: Even at the opening of SUR...

Kyle: I said my peace, Kimmy.

Brandi: Look, it doesn't change anything...but I can verify that Kim was sick for a little while.

Kim: Thank you. *looks appreciatively at Brandi*

Brandi: Still, Kim, this thing with the dog, you knew he'd bitten people before!

Andy: You're getting emotional, Brandi.

Brandi: That's because I know what it's like to be bitten by a dog!

...later

Andy: We are here to talk about you killing yourself with drugs, not my fucking personality!

Kim: I'm going to kill myself? Andy, the way you drink you're going to have heart attack by the time you're fifty.

LisaV: Kim, you're talking to the boss of this Real Housewives family!

Kyle: Good maybe somebody can slap some goddamn sense into her!

Kim: Great, my own sister. Fuck you, you fucking whore!

*LisaV slaps Kim*

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 2

I didn't say Kyle won't be devastated, I am saying that Kyle has a movie playing in her head about it, and she's dead wrong.  It's a gut punch that she will feel when/if it happens.  Eileen's entire point was "stop this petty shit and look at how you will feel if you keep this up and one of you dies."  Neither sister heard her.

Eileen can't project her feelings about losing a sister onto Kim and Kyle. It never works. And the shit they're dealing with isn't petty. It's hard-core, deep-seeded stuff. They need to work through it, preferably on their own (individual counseling).

• Love 3

Agree, if Kim has threatened suicide, it is just another manipulative tool that some addicts resort to in order to fuck with the minds of those around them. Of the three addicts I had to deal with personally, two of them cried suicide and of those two, one attempted, but failed only because the method they chose would only harm them to an extent without causing death

Thank you for your kind words. Please, don't griueve as it was truly a learning experience. If I went through all that and remained the lost person that I was back then, then I would surely need some support.

In some ways I agree with your assessment that Kyle has the means to get herself help as well as the fact she has access to Mauricio's mother who could easily direct her to the proper professionals. For all I know, maybe Kyle is receiving help. I had access to getting help, but it took time for me to get to that point where I was ready to accept what I needed to do, and stop trying to push those addicts into getting help. When I finally got to that point, it still took a good long time for me to put all that I learned into action. Setting boundaries was one of them. It seems Kyle has done that by ignoring Kim's 2 a.m. phone calls, for which Nasty-ass Granville has blasted Kyle for doing just that.

Kyle has years and years of manure to sort through and an enormous amount of years of handling Kim in an improper manner. I wouldn't expect her to know exactly how to handle her sister and the addiction behavior she exhibits without much therapy and learning how to use the tools properly.

For some misguided, bizarre reason I feel like I'm old enough to be your Mum.  Kick me if I'm wrong ...  I was born in 55.  Don't matter when I was born or you.  Grieving doesn't mean a person isn't a hard doing, ass kicking wench -- Just means there's never not a reason to soften and give a ...  was gonna say hug but you're tough and self-possesed and classy so I won't say give a shit but, I dunno, maybe a fig.  I'm getting take no prisoners in a good way!

Of course, I know exactly zero except for this -- Your intensity and focus in addressing the matter tell me that  you'd be on it and  not on it for hire.  I could definitely have used you in my life in 1985 when I had to figure this stuff out for myself and put myself into rehab.  Out of a job, a boyfriend, a relationship with family of origin and everyone else. 

Put myself into rehab each and every time.  Special kind of self-regard and loneliness. 

You are old school and I salute you. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2

Sorry -- don't know  how to link if link it is.  You did put up a video, right?, earlier this afternoon?  Did I get that wrong? At 31 minutes ago?  Am I tripping?  Could be. 

Edited by copacabana

When Brandi and LisaR were having their conversation, Brandi's hair looked like shit. One side of her head looked like a really really bad lace front wig. Stop using your $1,000.00 a week for groceries on booze and go to a hair salon pronto.

Or just go into the guest bedroom where your houseguest/hairdresser is apparently living. 

• Love 4

Sorry -- don't know  how to link if link it is.  You did put up a video, right?, earlier this afternoon?  Did I get that wrong? At 31 minutes ago?  Am I tripping?  Could be. 

Wasn't me, I've never seen, only heard, about the scene. I heard it happens later in the season.

Well the one argument against "labeling" Brandi an alcoholic is that whether she is on or off the booze / the booze-xanax combo, she's a mean, nasty, loose-lipped asshole.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 4

Reading the excerpts from Brandi's blog that Avaleigh posted has me shaking my head. She's so adamant about Kim being labeled an addict or as having addiction issues. However, Kim has done at least two stints in rehab for addiction, so...what the fuck is Brandi going on about? 

• Love 9

Thing is with Brandi, I think Kim if FULLY aware in her Kimway that Brandi has been grooming and splitting, grooming and splitting.  But don't mess with addicts because we do grooming and splitting better than anyone else and when the time comes Kim will turn on Brandi with a vengeance and fury that will make Brandi's head spin.  Kim knows she's being used, I think, because she's basically been used most of her life and recognizes the condition.  She's letting herself be manipulated because it works for her and, no, you don't need any kind of long term strategy to do just that.  She wants to stay on this show, by hook or by crook, and Brandi will do as a means to that end. 

It would be 50 shades of awesome if Kim hadn't also managed to extract some lovely tidbits from Brandi while she's playing at poor helpless pill-popping fawn. 

If Brandi was suggesting that Kim is actively suicidal instead of just playing Russian Roulette, I think that would be fine with Kim.  Another few seasons secured right there. I don't disagree with the exploitation of Kim angle by Brandi and or Bravo but am coming to see that Kim is more than happy to exploit herself to remain a fixture.  A kind of meta-exploitation.  

Kim could be plunked down into the world of "Birdman" and fit right in -- find a home. 

I agree with you.

Kim can out-bullshit Brandi any day of the week in ways Brandi can't anticipate. Maybe Brandi thinks she has some kind of in, as if her protectiveness over the friendship gives her some kind of power. But more to the point, I think Brandi is more masochist than sadist, so to speak - that is, in fact where she feels comfortable and, maybe from where she thinks she can mobilize. It is also, perhaps why she appears episodically helpless and speaks in that high-pitched lilt when she needs to take advantage (or take pleasure in) her position as beholden.

ETA - this does not assume that Brandi deliberately doing much. these people are professional reactors

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 3

No, to my knowledge Kyle has never made any disparaging comments about Brandi and any behavior she has displayed away from the show. Kyle (and most of the other gals) tend to judge the others based on what they see and how they are treated. This is what makes Brandi so different from the other gals. She will reveal things that have absolutely nothing to do with the show and aren't part of the story in order to make another look bad. 

I will always think that the ultimate example of this is the tampon reveal.  It happened right in the middle of filming and worked perfectly with the narrative of last season - that Brandi was a sloppy drunk. Yet none of the women talked about it on camera at all (I have said before that a producer-friend who knows folks on the show said that this was all the ladies were talking about when the cameras weren't on, but when they came on, everyone refused to discuss it on camera.  Apparently there were concerns for her kids).  The timing is critical, as it happened two weeks AFTER Brandi brought up the Mauricio cheating allegations on camera. Kyle is far from perfect, but she is a better person than I am because I probably would not have been able to keep my mouth shut. I will be very surprised if she is able too for much longer. 

The only time the whole tampon string fiasco was mentioned was during the reunion, by Joyce, when she was going off on how horrible Brandi is, and if I recall correctly, I think Andy took control and shut it down pretty quickly.

It seems like everyone was sworn to on-screen secrecy regarding that debacle.

• Love 4

Brandi's prayer: "Dear Lord, please let Kyle Richards move to Colorado, and never come back".  Then later, "After thinking about it, Colorado may be too close. Maybe West Africa, in that city where Ebola started." Okay Brandi, we get it, you're over-the-top-crazy and you think you're being outrageous or 'cute-ish' or something and it just isn't cute or funny to wish a horrible death on anyone. You're just not funny, period.

She reminds me of Jill Zarin, who was insanely jealous of Bethenny's wit and tried to be funny in her TH's, but because she wasn't funny, it fell flat and came across as mean. Brandi is trying to be like Chelsea Handler, but again, it's not working because she's not a comedian, she doesn't have quick wit, she's usually drunk, and again, she's just not funny.

• Love 12

What episode was the Lisa Rinna wine throw? I missed...the gif was a little tease.

I was hoping I had made someone's day! Damn.

Reading the excerpts from Brandi's blog that Avaleigh posted has me shaking my head. She's so adamant about Kim being labeled an addict or as having addiction issues. However, Kim has done at least two stints in rehab for addiction, so...what the fuck is Brandi going on about? 

I thought she was talking about herself being labeled, not Kim.

• Love 1

HumblePi -- Hello Wednesday afternoon on the East Coast! Crack me up and thanks.  If we couldn't laugh we would surely cry ... 

Lisa R. going mad I am looking forward to.  I like the Rinna quite a bit and have no doubt that one broken glass in Kim's direction will sure bring out her inner Fellini. 

AND the American cheating mantra which seems to excuse all kinds of tacky ass behavior on tv. 

Hi Copacabana from snowy Ct.  blizzard_man.gif

Now that I've been corrected and know we haven't seen the episode of the confrontation between Lisa R and Kim, I feel better and now I'm looking forward to it. I'm a little tired of Kim and even more-so when she tries to act like the cute little kid from Witch Mountain. Cute works for some women well into their 20's but past that age it just starts to look sort of pathetic.

• Love 5