Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Who Stole My Phone?

This points to all the drama happening while they weren't filming and then recreating the events because why did Geraldo sit there playing dumb when Vivica couldn't find her phone if he saw Kenya take it.

It's like when I was on the bus and saw this man steal a co worker's gloves right next to him.  I was so shocked and not really sure what i was seeing even when the co-worker was looking around for his gloves.  I felt like I should have said something but I just don't know why I didn't.  That may have been what Geraldo was feeling and why Kenya thought he would back her up.

Kenya came on WW but before that segment, in Hot Topics, Wendy also believed Kenya took the phone and cited her smirk and the fact she brought up the tweet as proof and also brought up the fact that there is little difference in Kenya and Vivica's ages.  That was probably why Kenya couldn't help but shade Wendy on her own show during their segment.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 3
I agree that Kenya is not smart.  She just thinks she is.  I don't know that I would label her "incredibly stupid", but she certainly has a very inflated sense of just how smart she is, and that's her downfall.   She gives herself far too much credit for intelligence and doesn't realize how truly transparent she is.   A crafty and intelligent criminal mind would have pulled that whole thing off without casting so much suspicion on her own ridiculous self.

Right. She's not a total moron, and she can speak in a fairly articulate manner. But she definitely thinks she's a lot smarter than she really is, which leads her to believe she can get away with stuff that's totally obvious to those on the outside looking in. 

• Love 5

Kenya can't hide her hate it practically oozes out of her pores! Kenya's signature I got you look is that Maniacal Smirk and over bright beady eyes. All of that was in effect when Donald Trump asked about that phone! The ugly inner core makes her outer beauty disappear! makes me not feel bad for playing the video of Porsha trying to snatch her bald on the RHOA reunion last year!

I see exactly what you describe too !   Her eyes and smile are very scary.  

• Love 2

OMG THANK YOU. I came here to say this exact thing. It drove me nuts the whole fucking episode. 

And when Trump kept referring to La Cucaracha as a jingle, it made me wonder if Raid hadn't used it in a commercial at some point. Have to check The Google on that one.

Not to defend Eye-On, but I think what he couldn't seem to verbalize was the intention to use that tune as the inspiration for the jingle...the way Sesame Street takes a song and tweaks the melody just enough so you know what it's supposed to be, but doesn't have copyright implications. It was still a stupid inspiration, but I think that's what he was getting at.

Yes, I got that too. Eye-On was trying to say he was just using the La Cucaracha tune to frame the words and his implication was that once he had the words he would have changed the "music" so to speak. Trump didn't get what he was trying to say. 

I think Eye-On was lying, but I got what he was trying to say, where it sailed right over Trump's haripiece. 

• Love 5

So, he has a pulse and a penis?

Based on what I have heard from Brandi herself I don't think the penis is a requirement. Hopefully she has enough standards to demand a pulse, but it is Brandi..........

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4

Eye-On was trying to say he was just using the La Cucaracha tune to frame the words and his implication was that once he had the words he would have changed the "music" so to speak. Trump didn't get what he was trying to say.

The problem was that Eye-On couldn't just say that he was planning to get the pros to give him a new tune. That's against the rules, although he wouldn't have been the first to push the boundaries in that respect. From Trump's POV, if Eye-On could only come up with La Cucaracha in the boardroom, why should he believe that the final product would be anything but an arrangement of that tune (all the musicians were supposed to do)?

It suited Geraldo to not intervene because he know for sure Kenya had that phone. I believe had she went at it with him he probably would have provided some proof she had the phone for sure. He knows how to hedge his bets until needed!

• Love 4

Kenya had to resort to stealing to try to get ahead which is sad because she was smart enough to play an honest game. Yes, the show is about throwing your competition under the bus & outshining them but not stealing & hacking into someone's account. I was so glad when Geraldo confirmed that Vivica's phone was missing. Then the Trump son was smart enough to compare that tweet with Vivica's tweet history & could tell she did not tweet that. Kenya had the perfect opportunity to show the viewers that she's not only the person they show on the Housewives, but nope she showed us that's exactly how she is. Notice she only start crap with the women, never fights with the men. She has to have all the attention on her & from men & sees other women as threats. It's sad, she's an attractive woman but needs to tear others down to feel good. She was on Wendy this week & she said that she never puts down other women's looks. Again, what a lie, she constantly talks about the other women, their shape, their clothes, hair & looks, even their husbands. 

I was happy to see Ian go, even if he was a good player & delivered everything he promised. It was his arrogance & demeanor that made me not care for him.

Brandi, no issues with her leaving. She was project manager & didn't do anything. Even if the jingle wasn't great, their performance had zero effort. Her throwing her hair back like she was at a heavy metal concert didn't help. Leeza's team gave us much more. I was sad to see Johnny put in a tough spot. He's a sweet guy & obviously has a tender heart.

I wa

• Love 4
Regarding Geraldo, he may have decided to wait until he sees where the flow is going before choosing his side ? Never forget he's a selfish narcissist guy ;)

I completely agree with this. My memory of how it all went down isn't crystal clear, but I seem to recall Geraldo being more amicable with and defensive of Kenya prior to the menopause/cell phone thing. Then he seemed to really be taking up for Vivica. He seems to go where the wind blows. 

• Love 5

Yes, I got that too. Eye-On was trying to say he was just using the La Cucaracha tune to frame the words and his implication was that once he had the words he would have changed the "music" so to speak. Trump didn't get what he was trying to say. 

I think Eye-On was lying, but I got what he was trying to say, where it sailed right over Trump's haripiece. 

Then it sailed over mine too. I mean "framing the words" was just nonsense doubletalk.  He was arranging the words into phrasing that followed a specific cadence. That cadence was bound to the tune of La Cucaracha.  You can't just yank La Cucaracha out--matching it to different music which naturally has a different cadence-- and have it sound right.

Try singing the words to Let It Be to the tune of Don't Stop Believing.  Does it really work?  That's basically the kind of thing this liar was claiming he was doing--making a song using the tune of La Cucaracha then changing the tune?  Come on. 

• Love 5

That's basically the kind of thing this liar was claiming he was doing--making a song using the tune of La Cucaracha then changing the tune?  Come on.

There was a Muppet Show episode where they had a little fun with the fact that the song the guest of the week was known for shared its underlying tune with at least a couple of others. I expect that La Cucaracha is hiding under numerous songs in a way that the words he came up with could slip right in, but he didn't know what they were. He should have downloaded a music-recognition app and hummed it. Then he would have had some material to build a new variation.

• Love 2

Then it sailed over mine too. I mean "framing the words" was just nonsense doubletalk.  He was arranging the words into phrasing that followed a specific cadence. That cadence was bound to the tune of La Cucaracha.  You can't just yank La Cucaracha out--matching it to different music which naturally has a different cadence-- and have it sound right.

Try singing the words to Let It Be to the tune of Don't Stop Believing.  Does it really work?  That's basically the kind of thing this liar was claiming he was doing--making a song using the tune of La Cucaracha then changing the tune?  Come on. 

Oh I already said I didn't believe him. I just got what he was saying and I don't think Trump ever did.

Oh I already said I didn't believe him. I just got what he was saying and I don't think Trump ever did.

But he wasn't saying anything that made SENSE.  He was describing a process that isn't really possible (taking words, matching them to a tune as some kind of "temp" thing, then changing the tune for something totally different, and having anything other than nonsense result).  If Trump didn't get it... for a change I don't blame him. He was reacting to hearing doubletalk where someone was building an excuse that didn't even make sense.

• Love 1

Also, his actual words were dumb: "might sound crazy but it's true".
Ian's boardroom defense was really funny to watch.

The firings of Brandi and Johnny were part of the egotistical Trump ride.  Neither one of them was really brilliant - who was, this season - but there was no particular reason to fire them both now.

• Love 3
Also, his actual words were dumb: "might sound crazy but it's true".

Oh man, that was the worst! I can't remember the actual wording, but I'm pretty sure that part came before anything that would tell us WHAT might sound crazy, but is true.....

• Love 1

This show really is like a bad car wreck, horrifying but you can't look away.

I truly believe Kenya stole the phone and sent the tweet. No way she didn't. For all the reasons people have mentioned, her looks, having something up her sleeve comment, etc.

I have never seen a housewives show and I am incredibly thankful.

I am disappointed because I think it will be Geraldo in the finale. He is so pompous but yep, he brings the money.

Bye Joan. :(

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 3

I have been behind on watching, and I just finished watching this episode. I just have to say what an absolute pleasure it was to see Kenya get fired. Bye, obnoxious one. And I had actually liked Ian for a while, but he deserved the boot on this one. Having read a possible spoiler on one of the blind item sites about who the winner is, I am not sure I need to watch the finale, but maybe I will.

• Love 1

Regarding Geraldo, he may have decided to wait until he sees where the flow is going before choosing his side ? Never forget he's a selfish narcissist guy ;)

If it were me I wouldn't say anything either.  Why call attention to myself when two people are busy hanging themselves (or each other) with their own rope?  I'd just quietly sit there repeating the mantra in my head, "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

• Love 5

I find it to be interesting that Kenya thinks she's beautiful, while I (the more I see and hear her) think she's absolutely ugly.  Despite the fact that she knows how to smile in a come-hither expression (doubtless learned in acting class), and the fact that she possesses a knockout figure, she still amazes me at the ugliness within her.  How can anyone be blessed either by God, by fate, or by skillful plastic surgery, to be so attractive and still remind me of dog dung?

Kenya's stealing Vivica's cellphone and pulling a stunt like the one in this episode showed me just how mean she can be -- not that her nastiness in previous episodes hadn't already clued me in.  Kenya's theft didn't show how intelligent she is but how dumb she is, thinking that she could get away with this.  It actually made me wonder whether the phone-stealing was scripted because I couldn't imagine anyone cheating so blatantly.  The only other thing I didn't like about the episode, besides Kenya, was Trump's firing so many people.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

This show really is like a bad car wreck, horrifying but you can't look away.

I truly believe Kenya stole the phone and sent the tweet. No way she didn't. For all the reasons people have mentioned, her looks, having something up her sleeve comment, etc.

I have never seen a housewives show and I am incredibly thankful.

I am disappointed because I think it will be Geraldo in the finale. He is so pompous but yep, he brings the money.

Bye Joan. :(

Agree.  Same here - haven't ever seen the housewives so don't understand a feud between an Atl person and BH cast member but whatever.  Don't care enough to research their history!  Probably terrific casting for CA's purposes, however!

Surprised, but not, really, that Trump got into the down and dirty during the boardroom - having Don check his cell phone and so on ...  Had to wonder if he was going to say, "Right now, we're sending our security team over to Trump Tower to toss your suite.  Will they find Vivica's phone???"

Hey, anything to pimp the show and more importantly, Trump, himself!

• Love 1

I think phonegate was so obviously contrived.

Kenya used all the buzzwords, Trump wouldn't let the subject drop and Trump Jr. had his phone ready to go to Vivica's twitter.

They used Vivica for a gag and she's too dumb to see it.

• Love 1

Ian deserved to go.  As did Brandi.  As many pointed out, Johnny's tune wasn't a jingle and it was muddled.

Brandi was right that Ian is stuck in the 80s. 

Maybe Viveca did this herself to get rid of Kenya? Kenya is a lot of things, but I don't see her stealing someone's phone and knowing all the passwords to make that happen.

I did think of Vivica's comments about Shawn immediately once the menopause talk started, but either way both times it was wrong.

Some people aren't good at setting up security on their phones or don't know how, so it's definitely possible that she's always logged into Twitter and doesn't have a passcode on her phone, which would make it very easy to post to Twitter if someone had taken her phone.  Plus the fact that Kenya led with the statements about her not feeling well, as though she was getting ready to bring it up.  

Shawn is the one who brought her period up on camera, and complained that it made her feel terrible.  As far as we know, Vivica did not complain of feeling lousy and suffering from menopause on camera.

I have no passcode on my phone.  If someone stole my phone, they could easily post on my facebook page.

If Kenya was falsely accused, she wouldn't have smiled so much, she wouldn't have pretended to be gracious to Vivica as she left, and she wouldn't have refused to address the accusations in her TH.

It was also interesting to note that after the teams did their presentations, one of Kenya's talking head comments was something about "if brought into the board room, I have OTHER things up my sleeve".... right there, I started being suspicious of her. 

I doubt Vivica had a passcode on her phone, hopefully now she does.  What leads me to believe that Kenya sent the tweet:

1) Kenya has been making ageist remarks all along

2) Kenya asks Vivica to get her phone to google something and when Vivica goes looking for it, gives a shit eating grin with the side head tilt (one of Kenya's go to's)

3) Kenya says she has something ready if her teams loses.  Also says that she has something up her sleeve for the boardroom.

4) Brings up in the boardroom that V was under the weather when that was never shown

5) Said V went from 'hot flashes to cold' instead of 'hot to cold'

6) Brings up the tweet out of nowhere (from what we are shown) and demands some PA get it for her (Kenya does a lot of that)

7) When challenged, Kenya goes to her shit eating grin and sly side head title move.

8) Kenya was mincing words. She didn't "steal" the phone.  All with her grin.

Damon needs to learn how to explain his charity a little better, but I'll defend him here.  I get emails all the time from the Damon Foundation and they do a lot of good work.  It's very common for the elite baseball players to create charities to support things in the community.  It is done for a few reasons.  One, it is a way for the player to give back to the area where they are.  It is often why they don't support just one organization but a variety in the area.  Additionally...while there is some overhead cost, they are able to bring in way more money than that organization could do without them.  Secondly, it is a great PR move so agents often encourage it.  I had a friend who ran a 5K a few years back that was sponsored by the Damon Foundation and it was amazing well run and managed and brought in a truck load of money to cancer fighting agencies in NYC.  

Johnny Damon's foundation isn't the Damon Runyon foundation.

• Love 2

Maybe Viveca did this herself to get rid of Kenya? Kenya is a lot of things, but I don't see her stealing someone's phone and knowing all the passwords to make that happen.

The way she immediately went after Kenya with all of the accusations without proof (and no, Geraldo saw nothing, he said) made Viveca suspect in my eyes.

The thing that let me know Kenya did it, or had her assistant do it, is the fact that she brought up the tweet in the first place.  If she hadn't done that, tweetgate wouldn't have happened.  But Kenya is just so insecure and stupid when it comes to anyone she feels threatened by that she has to resort to stuff like this to try to make her competitors look bad.  She started treating Viveca the same way she treats her Housewives costars.  The woman has no sense of fair play or class.  In my opinion, she has the mind of a child.  Her mother really did a number on her and it's a damned shame.  If Kenya didn't have such a warped personality, I would think that she was one of the most beautiful women I've seen.  But her antics negate all of that.

• Love 1

If I'd stolen someone's phone and tweeted with it, the last thing I'd do is draw attention to that tweet. It's like putting a neon sign over your head. I am pissed that whole thing was never resolved. The phone was never found. Was it ever lost? We'll never know. End of story.

• Love 1

If I'd stolen someone's phone and tweeted with it, the last thing I'd do is draw attention to that tweet. It's like putting a neon sign over your head. I am pissed that whole thing was never resolved. The phone was never found. Was it ever lost? We'll never know. End of story.

And - I always wondered, from Geraldo's comments about it - if HE was the one who actually took the phone and sent the tweet.  It kind of fits with his manipulative behavior, like the time he was walking around, disrupting a meeting, calling attention to himself by talking loudly on the phone.   I can see him doing it.   

• Love 3

If I'd stolen someone's phone and tweeted with it, the last thing I'd do is draw attention to that tweet.

Just assume that Kenya did steal the phone and did the tweet.  What would be the reason for doing it in the first place if it wasn't seen by the people she was wanting to influence with it?  That doesn't make sense to me.  I feel like Kenya wanted more than anything to take a jab at Vivica for calling out that other girl being on her period and getting Vivica fired at the same time.  Kenya lives for stuff like that.  Another reason why I don't think Vivica made the tweet herself and then hid the phone is because she wasn't the one who brought it up in the boardroom.  Kenya did.  Why would Vivica put a tweet out there and hide her phone with the intention of setting up Kenya if there was a possibility that nobody on the show would see it?  But Kenya on the other hand made sure it was talked about and was wanting to use it to set up Viveca's firing for "shutting down" and using menopause as an excuse for not doing her tasks. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

Wow!  It's been a long time since anyone posted here.  That fact gives me profound satisfaction!  Do you want to know why?  It's because I'd forgotten all about Kenya and how much I couldn't stand her.  All this time, Kenya has been strutting around, convinced that she was worthy of an Emmy for her outstanding performance, and now she finds out, here and now, that someone has forgotten all about her!   What a pity, Kenya!