Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E17: End Zone

Jenna Wolfe visits as a guest trainer and leads a workout for the group; the contestants return to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and run up and down its steps; and the finalists revisit milestones as they watch video packages of their journeys.

I'm going to start calling Toma 'Rushmore' because he is looking like Jason Schwartzman more and more every episode (especially with that hairstyle).

What did Jenna Wolfe do exactly ?  I tuned in at 8:04 and she was already leaving.  By the time you get through the normal glut of previouslies, she must have been on screen for a whooping 2 minutes tops.

I'm surprised RageBoi didn't scream and yell during the challenge about how it was unfair to him to have to carry more weight that the other contestants.   Plus, he took forever to finish -- when he sat down at the top of the stairs and had a rest/contemplative moment, he was barely halfway done (you could see the Week 10 weight pack on his chest).

Token product placement/casual stop by a Subway sandwich stop, no big surprise there -- did you know that they have really healthy, fresh and tasty low fat meal options .... now (that they have got rid of some iffy chemicals in the bread).

And Woody goes home -- there's no way Rob wins this, my money is on Toma.

I don't see how Toma wins it honestly as he looks like he has about 3 pounds more to lose.  Then again, the chick last year who looked emaciated by the finale (can not recall her name!) had mere pounds to go herself but managed to take it to the extreme to win.  I agree though, even though he has the most to lose so could be a shoe-in, I can't see Rage boy having the diligence to do it on his own once home.  My money has to sit on Sonya at this point.  

and who the heck is that Jenna woman and why was she there???

• Love 2

I'm not really invested in any of the contestants this year, but I have to give a home state shoutout to Sonya and Toma.  Wow, I'm usually pretty attuned to Chicago accents, having a pretty egregious one myself, but somehow I totally missed those flat Midwestern A's that are coming out of Toma's mouth.

I think Rob has the potential to look Kennedyesque when he gets down to a more normal weight, but I'm hoping for Toma or Sonya, just because they're not insane and they're from Illinois.

• Love 3

During their "Before and After" videos, I laughed out loud at the body language - with Woody, Bob and Jen are sitting on either side, putting their hands on his shoulder, patting his arms; with Sonya, Jen has her arm around her, they're both teary-eyed; with Toma, same thing.  And then they show Rob and Dolvett.  Dolvett is leaned SO FAR away from Rob that if he moved any farther away, he'd probably fall off the couch.  The side-eye was AMAZING.

• Love 3

This season was a real snore-fest for me - I fast-forwarded through most episodes.  I hated Rob from the first ep. when he had the temper tantrum & wouldn't ya know even tho I screamed at the TV every time he got on the scale praying he'd have gained 10 lbs., he lost every single time - big digits.  THAT pissed me off big-time.  And the rest of them?  They're former athletes & I just didn't care.  It's real common for - at least football players that I know - to gain big-time weight after college and/or they leave the pro's.  (Altho I REALLY liked Scott and Toma - just cuz they're extremely handsome men & got REALLY gorgeous after the weight loss!!)

I think Rob's gonna win - he's got the most to lose & I think he'll lose it all at home.  Kinda hope he does cuz he'll most definitely need that horribly painful skin surgery.  GAWD I can't stand him!!!!  ARGHHHHH!  Hope next season is better! 

P.S.  In a perfect world, I'd want Sonya to win. 

I'm not really invested in any of the contestants this year, but I have to give a home state shoutout to Sonya and Toma.  Wow, I'm usually pretty attuned to Chicago accents, having a pretty egregious one myself, but somehow I totally missed those flat Midwestern A's that are coming out of Toma's mouth.

Right?  I feel like his weight must have been strangling his accent, and the more he lost the more Chicago he sounded.  I fully expect to hear him talk about how he used to weigh "tree hunnert pounds" at the finale.

TEAM SONYA!!!

• Love 4

I'm surprised RageBoi didn't scream and yell during the challenge about how it was unfair to him to have to carry more weight that the other contestants.   Plus, he took forever to finish -- when he sat down at the top of the stairs and had a rest/contemplative moment, he was barely halfway done (you could see the Week 10 weight pack on his chest).

Besides snagging some more camera time, Rob was clearly trying to disguise how slow he was with his sit-down-and-cry; I noticed that it only took a few seconds at the start for him to fall out of the shot as the camera followed the other contestants.

• Love 1

I'm sorry, but this was so painful to watch. Please stop with the look how far I came, you people are winners, I am doing this for my late wife, I could not do it without my trainers etc. etc. etc. And hearing  the contestants going on and on about how they were not able to do the blasted challenge at first and how hard it was to carry around the old weight during the challenge made my ears bleed. Why not spend time on how to eat right, exercising tips for at home, work, running around doing errands, or even sitting in front of the television while relaxing after a long day with your family and friends. I am tired of hearing the sob stories and how these people can return to their glory days, and are athletes once again. I am more impressed with the contestants who went home and are trying to juggle their lives, job, families, and other obstacles in their lives without the freakin' constant reminders of why they are obese or hearing the sob stories over and over again. And instead of giving the contestants $5000.00 why not give it to their local food share, buy exercise equipment for their local schools, or help their communities grow gardens for fresh fruit and vegetables. And no more I am going to be the biggest loser and how amazing it will be in the final three. It is the same darn thing every season. I probably would pass out from shock if they actually came up with something original.

I want Sonya to win but I fear Rob will. He has so much left to lose and she so little. I think that much of what we see as bulges on Sonya and Toma are really loose skin that will be removed through operations after the show.

• Love 2

I understand that a lot of people don't like Rob thanks to his temper tantrums but while I would really like Sonya to win, I don't think it will be horrible if Rob does. Regardless of his outbursts, he has lost 181 pounds - that's amazing! I don't blame him for being slow during the challenge - can you imagine going up and down thousands of stairs with 181 pounds strapped to you? Unlike other crappy finalists, Rob didn't manipulate or talk smack and he wasn't a douche towards the other contestants. I'd take a 100 Robs over one of those horrible Britt brats.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 7

In a way, I feel bad for Rob. He thought he would be cured when he arrived on the ranch. He was brought on because of his sob story, and to have a seriously obese person on the show. It seems every season there is certain people to cast (the seriously obese person, the girl who become pretty once she loses the weight, the athlete who wants to be back to his or her glory days, the beast who wins challenges, the trainer's pet project, the worse sob story and of course, the one contestant who has some serious underlying issues that the trainers and Dr. HQuack can cure with a reality health you will die within a few years if things do not dramatic scene and a few over the top fake counseling sessions with one or more trainer.

I didn't like how Bob trained the other trainers.  It made it look like Bob is the head trainer.  He should have done his own workout too.  I did like how Jen was lifting the same amount of weight as the guys. 

Even though I want Sonya to win, I can see Rob winning since he still has a lot to lose.  He already looks a lot smaller than when he came in.  He has anger issues and I think he'll gain the weight back if he doesn't learn to handle changes.  However, I do agree that he is not manipulative or a brat like the Brit siblings.

• Love 4

Oh man, the Subway visit was painful, but not unusual for this show. Thank goodness they told us in clear loud voices that Subway has sandwiches under 6 grams of fat because I would have NEVER known. I thought it was interesting that they showed what appeared to be large fountain drinks on the table in that segment. Granted, they were likely all water, but I'm surprised they would even go there and give the impression they were all having Sprite or something rather than product placing some bottled waters.

I'm also so grateful they had all that buildup with Comeback Canyon, just to have Woody eliminated before the finale. Also couldn't help but laugh at Woody gushing about his kids joining the gym with him and working out. Oh yeah - because his totally buff, hot son has never seen the inside of a gym before. First! Time! Ever! I'm so sure.

• Love 2

So here it goes. I was 80% sure that exactly Woody won't be the finalist. He almost never had two "good" weeks in a row.

I realized what I really hate about Rob. His voice! His voice is awful!

sbH3Uv-qV3s.jpg

So Sonya leaves the ranch being the Biggest Loser currently. Her 42,40% is not too far away from Irene's record (43% and something, I don't remember exactly). But both guys are not too far away. The battle is going to be interesting. Only Rob has still a lot of weight to lose, and this is his advantage. If I remember correctly, there were only two heaviest contestants (in their respective season) to make it to the finale - Erik and Michael, and they both won.

Both Rob and Toma have been The Biggest Loser of The Week three times. Sonya was the Week Biggest Loser only once.

44xRLNLkMtk.jpg

All three lost a lot of weight...

ePOtkMnVKno.jpg

So? Will it be Orange? Purple? Or Green? Which color will shine this time?

• Love 4

Sabur, thanks for the chart! I think I'm going to stick with Sonya FTW though - I think someone who was more into the statistics figured out last year that the final winner usually loses around 50% of their original weight.  That being the case, I think it's unlikely that Rob makes it there.

I don't know exactly how long they have in "real life" between when they left the ranch at the end of this episode and the finale, but to get to 50% of their starting weight, Sonya would need to lose around 21 lbs (to get to 141), Toma would need to lose around 31 (to get to 168) and Rob would need to lose around 61 (to get to 241).  I know Rob has more to lose, but that's an awful lot - 30% of what he lost at the ranch in 17 weeks.  And while I hate when the contestants' get all, "But I can't DO IT AT HOME!", I think that might actually be true for Rob in a way that it's not for Sonya or Toma.

• Love 1

I am more interested in seeing the contestants who went home than the final three. The final three drive me crazy with their I am so special because I am in the final three and watch out America I will be the biggest loser obnoxious crap. The editors of the show need to be force to listen to the last contestants and trainers over and over again in this last episode in a locked room eating Subway sandwiches, and have the final three inner athletes contestants who are work out and weight loss experts by now make them exercise until they crack. I did chuckle at the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls commercial  while watching the show on the nbc website. Talk about ironic.

I understand that a lot of people don't like Rob thanks to his temper tantrums but while I would really like Sonya to win, I don't think it will be horrible if Rob does. Regardless of his outbursts, he has lost 181 pounds - that's amazing! I don't blame him for being slow during the challenge - can you imagine going up and down thousands of stairs with 181 pounds strapped to you?

He wasn't carrying any more than he was accustomed to carrying when he started, and the training he's had should have made it easier. What's important is the percentage, not the pounds. I wouldn't expect Sonya to do the same because it would be more than she weighs; it's not even close to that for Rob.

And Woody goes home -- there's no way Rob wins this, my money is on Toma.

Yeah, but Ragey Ragerstein unfortunately also HAS the most to lose.  

Ultimately its a good thing they go by the loss from Week 1, but even in Week 1 he had the most to POTENTIALLY lose of this finale group, I think.  So it all comes down to if he actually is capable of getting his shit together.  UNLIKELY, sure, going by... him.  But at least possible.

I know, I hated the homage paid to Bob.

Bob Jesus, we should call him.

I want Sonya to win but I fear Rob will. He has so much left to lose and she so little. I think that much of what we see as bulges on Sonya and Toma are really loose skin that will be removed through operations after the show.

Yeah, he's a crying, annoying mess, but that doesn't change the reality that he always HAD the most to lose.  Giving him the inherent advantage as long as he didn't wash out.

• Love 2

The advantage of extra weight to go doesn't work always. For example, in Ukrainian season 3 we had two men and one girl as finalists. Both men had a lot of weight to lose and had wonderful opportunity to grab the prize. However one of them lost 1 kilo (2 pounds) before the finale, and the other one gained 8 kilos (18 pounds). And the girl won it without a problem.

Edited by Sabur
  • Love 1

Count me in with those who despised Bob's smarmy "training the trainers" Crossfit-commercial segment.  He was so incredibly smug and condescending.  The show really needs to stop kissing his butt and go back to treating him as a trainer.  Not Almighty Leader of the Cult of Bob.

I was also exceedingly glad to see Woody go just because I didn't want Bob to have a chance to take credit if he somehow ended up winning the grand prize.  (Even though he only had him for the one week at Comeback Canyon.  As others have mentioned, he would taken credit so hard.)

• Love 3

I would not be surprise if Cult Leader Bob takes the credit for at home winner since the person was at Comeback Canyon for one or more weeks before actually going home.

Oh, God--you're right.  He is so going to do that.  "I just knew from that one week that we spent together at Comeback Canyon that YOU had it in you to be the at-home winner!"

• Love 3

Oh, God--you're right.  He is so going to do that.  "I just knew from that one week that we spent together at Comeback Canyon that YOU had it in you to be the at-home winner!"

Such a dead on Baub impression.

• Love 1

I didn't like how Bob trained the other trainers. It made it look like Bob is the head trainer. He should have done his own workout too.

Yikes! That was annoying. I was hoping, but seriously doubting we'd at least see all the trainers take a turn training each other. Sadly, that didn't happen.

Are the producers trying to get the other trainers to hate Bob? Seriously. He comes back out of the blue, and then they have him train the trainers into soreness to show "Look, he even made the other trainers tired! Isn't he great?!" Except, he didn't actually do anything himself. Even the special guest trainer (who, unlike Bob, actually was inspiring) did her own workouts. As far as I'm concerned, Bob got outdone and out-trained by a heavily pregnant woman.

• Love 3

I think the other trainers already dislike Bob. Past seasons have made it pretty clear that Dolvette was not welcomed by Bob and Jillian. Dolvette never seemed to respect Bob or Jillian. It was just a vibe I got but I remember one season when Jillian and Bob watched the season long progression videos for their people together and Dolvette was not there. Neither Jillian or Bob where there to watch Dolvette's folks videos.

None of the trainers seemed to be all that excited to see Bob when he returned and Dolvette's take on Bob training them was an uncomfortable look and a talking head that basically is summed up as "Are you kidding me?" But there was no way for them to opt out because it would look bad to the contestants.

So yeah, it was pure bullshit. Honestly, I would prefer Jillian over Bob any day of the week and twice on Sundays but I would be fine if they both were off the show.

• Love 4

And while I hate when the contestants' get all, "But I can't DO IT AT HOME!", I think that might actually be true for Rob in a way that it's not for Sonya or Toma.

OTOH, Rob's home is a dorm, where he has convenient access to his university's gym.

I think the other trainers already dislike Bob. Past seasons have made it pretty clear that Dolvette was not welcomed by Bob and Jillian. Dolvette never seemed to respect Bob or Jillian. It was just a vibe I got but I remember one season when Jillian and Bob watched the season long progression videos for their people together and Dolvette was not there. Neither Jillian or Bob where there to watch Dolvette's folks videos.

None of the trainers seemed to be all that excited to see Bob when he returned and Dolvette's take on Bob training them was an uncomfortable look and a talking head that basically is summed up as "Are you kidding me?" But there was no way for them to opt out because it would look bad to the contestants.

So yeah, it was pure bullshit. Honestly, I would prefer Jillian over Bob any day of the week and twice on Sundays but I would be fine if they both were off the show.

Jillian and Bob always seemed to be buddies and excluded Dolvette.  I remember when Dolvette first started, Bob thought that Dolvette was copying his workouts and Bob had an attitude about it.  They did not like each other.  Now, they try to hide it but they probably still don't really like each other.

I would also take Jillian over Bob. 

• Love 2