Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Left Behind

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

In the aftermath of Oliver’s fight with Ra’s al Ghul, Diggle and Arsenal continue to protect the city in the Arrow’s absence. However, after three days without hearing from Oliver, they begin to fear the worst may have happened to their friend. Felicity refuses to believe that Oliver could be dead until Merlyn pays the team a surprise visit. Thea suspects there is something more behind Oliver’s disappearance and asks Merlyn for a favor. Meanwhile, Ray tests a part of his new suit and Laurel takes up the mantle of the Black Canary.

• Love 2

1. I'm surprised they showed that Oliver's alive. 

2. That wasn't as bad as I thought.

3. I can't believe Ray and Felicity had words.

4. I can't believe Felicity turned him down. 

5. Next week is going to be terrible.

6. That Laurel/Diggle scene was supposed to be "epic"? 

7. Never leave Laurel alone with vigilante stuff.

8. She doesn't really look like she's struggling to me.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

Damn, and Laurel was doing so well before the writers jumpstarted her career in vigilantism. I sense that the taste in our mouths is a mix of bile and puke.

Rough episode. I hate seeing Felicity break down. On the plus side, we got a new villain in Brick. I'm guessing he got Mirakuru and didn't get "cured."

Seriously, show, Laurel as Canary doesn't work. She isn't that skilled. Training with Wildcat/Ted doesn't make her qualified to fill Sara's boots. You know this, show. I knew it was a bad idea months ago when I saw KC in the outfit, and it's a bad idea now.

ETA: Barrowman continues to excel. He dines on scenery, but he doesn't bloat himself on it.

• Love 15

Emily Bett Rickards was great throughout the episode. When she despairs it’s believable.

Thought the transition from Felicity’s hand to Oliver’s was a nice touch by Glen Winter.

Unsurprised it was Maseo who saved Oliver but I'm glad Katana's alive; one woman the show hasn't (yet) killed.

I have no interest in watching Botched Buckles and Arsenal next week, but Oliver being alive again in present might just suck me in. Damn them.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 10

Rough episode. I hate seeing Felicity break down. On the plus side, we got a new villain in Brick. I'm guessing he got Mirakuru and didn't get "cured."

Did Diggle shoot him in the head and the bullet bounced off? Or...did it just graze him?

Glad to see Roy's parkour skills are alive and well and that he's taking to launching off of actual people.

• Love 4

I'm on Diggle and Roy's side when it comes to Felicity letting Brick and his crew get away.  Felicity's decision wasn't the best, she's putting the lives of 2 ahead of the lives of many.

I would have liked some comedy for Vinnie Jones, because it's Vinnie freaking Jones, and the guy is pretty damn good at comedy.  But we'll be getting more of him as Brick, so it's cool.

I'm still sticking with it all being a setup by Ra's, and Maseo is acting under his orders.  No way does Ra's not know that Tatsu is living near the sacred ground.  The League wants to know who really killed Sara.  Which is one reason I think Malcolm wants to take off, along with him knowing that the brainwashing of Thea is about to wear off.  I'll admit, I was just waiting for Malcolm to half smile and from off screen we hear "Hi Malcolm", and it's Ra's.

• Love 1

Also, I love that Thea didn't know where Oliver was throughout this episode, but she showed no qualms about sword fighting with Malcolm in her loft and then throwing a letter opener because she heard a noise on the second floor. 

And she deduced that Roy is Arsenal, but she hasn't figured out that Oliver is the Arrow? GIRL, COME ON

• Love 12

It was awesome getting to see Diggle fight. And Felicity broke my heart.

Other than that, I could not have cared less about this episode. Wake me when Oliver is back in Starling City.

• Love 4

Well, I'm happy we as the audience know Oliver is alive.

And I'm really happy we got to see some serious fighting from Dig.  He deserves to take center stage, not Laurel.

I do hope we eventually (maybe once Oliver is back) get some of the humor again.  I've been re-watching the first season, and while yes, it's serious, there are still lots of little moments that made me smile.  I hope we eventually get that again.

• Love 4

I'm on Diggle and Roy's side when it comes to Felicity letting Brick and his crew get away.  Felicity's decision wasn't the best, she's putting the lives of 2 ahead of the lives of many.

I would have liked some comedy for Vinnie Jones, because it's Vinnie freaking Jones, and the guy is pretty damn good at comedy.  But we'll be getting more of him as Brick, so it's cool.

I'm still sticking with it all being a setup by Ra's, and Maseo is acting under his orders.  No way does Ra's not know that Tatsu is living near the sacred ground.  The League wants to know who really killed Sara.  Which is one reason I think Malcolm wants to take off, along with him knowing that the brainwashing of Thea is about to wear off.  I'll admit, I was just waiting for Malcolm to half smile and from off screen we hear "Hi Malcolm", and it's Ra's.

I agree about Felicity. For once her head actually wasn't in the game and Oliver wasn't there to tell her so. Boo. 

Also, I wonder if Maseo is actually working under Ra's orders or if he was just repaying his debt to Oliver. He got Tatsu back to him, maybe he'll get Oliver back to Felicity and I really need to stop because tears. 

• Love 2
Seriously, show, Laurel as Canary doesn't work. She isn't that skilled. Training with Wildcat/Ted doesn't make her qualified to fill Sara's boots. You know this, show. I knew it was a bad idea months ago when I saw KC in the outfit, and it's a bad idea now.

Yeah, they've started this way too soon.  Oliver trained with Slade and Shado on the island, and trained with ARGUS.  Sara trained with the freaking League of Assassins.  Diggle was elite military, so he knows a thing or two about fighting.  Roy has been fighting his whole life, and has been training with Oliver and Diggle.  Laurel has trained a little with Ted Grant, it's way too soon for them to flip the lightswitch and make her a vigilante.

It would have worked better if it was episode 20, this way we know and could see Laurel get more training.

And on the shallow, Katie does look nice in the outfit.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 3

Ditto on Felicity making the wrong choice. She shouldn't have let them go. But I can understand that she is really emotional. Also was it just me but is turning the lights off while Roy and Diggle were still there a little bit rude lol. But yeah I get it she's grieving. 

I actually really liked the Diggle/Laurel scene. 

Diggle and Felicity broke my heart :( 

The action sequences with Roy and Diggle were top notch. Colton's stunt double is pretty freaking incredible. Roy is now a bad ass lol. And i'm really Glad Diggle got some good action sequences. 

Clueless Thea being clueless. Sigh. Someone should freaking tell her. Did they give an excuse for not telling her? Maybe they'll tell her next episode which prevent Thea leaving with Malcolm. 

I really can't tell if Malcolm was being genuine or not. 

Laurel suiting up as BC. Sigh. Feels too soon. I guess I'll wait and see on that one. 

Oliver lives!!!!! I'm surprised they showed so early. And yay Tatsu is alive and well! 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 3

Ditto on Felicity making the wrong choice. She shouldn't have let them go. But I can understand that she is really emotional. Also was it just me but is turning the lights off while Roy and Diggle were still there a little bit rude lol. But yeah I get it she's grieving. 

Clueless Thea being clueless. Sigh. Someone should freaking tell her. Did they give an excuse for not telling her? Maybe they'll tell her next episode which prevent Thea leaving with Malcolm. 

I really can't tell if Malcolm was being genuine or not. 

Laurel suiting up as BC. Sigh. Feels too soon. I guess I'll wait and see on that one. 

Yeah, she made the wrong choice, but I get why she did it. It's good that she took a little time for herself. 

The Diggle/Laurel scene wasn't bad, I just was expecting something different is all. 

I think Malcolm actually was being genuine. And I think maybe they didn't tell Thea because none of them had any time to get together and get their story straight. Seems like they were struggling with whether to tell her the truth about him being the Arrow. Although how she doesn't know at this point I cannot figure out. And I expect them to keep it from her anyway.

And yeah, Laurel did feel too soon. And even though KC talked about wanting her wig to be different, she picked Sara's up off the table? And where did she get the suit, are we supposed to believe that was Sara's too? 

• Love 1

I'm honestly surprised that Black Canary isn't trending. I know she was only in costume for about 5 seconds, but still...surprised.

I was kind of expecting it to happen during the ep, figured KC's fans would have something planned. But nothing trending right now. Worldwide #ArrowSeasonPremiere trended (still trending actually). So did Maseo. "Poor Felicity" actually trended worldwide briefly, but it trended nationally for quite a bit.

• Love 2

It is nice to see them let Arsenal step up as a bad ass. The only thing I would wish they show is Barry's reaction about Oliver's "death". Or would that be just too epic to show?

Edited by madhacker

I felt sorry for Diggle and Felicity.  DR did a good job of trying to prepare himself and then showing manpain even afterwards.  He's lost people before but it still hurts.  EBR did a good job of showing devastated, and while she can't speak for Anna, she can speak as a woman who has lost the man she loves

Malcolm is a coward. Now that Oliver failed, he's going to run.  And force Thea to run.

And she deduced that Roy is Arsenal, but she hasn't figured out that Oliver is the Arrow? GIRL, COME ON

The brain-washing herbs apparently make you stupid.

I understand why Felicity did what she did.  It wasn't that her head wasn't in the game, it's that she really believed Diggle and Roy were going to be killed.  When Diggle said that they had got out of tight situations before, she replied that Oliver had got them out of tight situations, but Oliver is gone now.  Without Oliver's abilities, could Diggle and Roy have got out of there?  Discuss. (5 marks)

Unfortunately, now it's going to be her fault that Brick terrorizes the city and Laurel has to put on the Black Canary costume. Which is still out on the table? It's been over three months since Sara died.

I don't think Laurel was that close to Diggle as to be the one to hug him.  But now we know that she's going to save the day by suiting up (where did she get a suit so fast?) and also encouraging Diggle and Roy to get back to being Team Arrow.

I called that it was going to be Tatsu as soon as Maseo knocked on the door so yay me.  I'm impressed though that he must have called her as soon as he heard Oliver was going to fight Ra's.  Clever of them to let the audience know that Oliver is alive so we keep tuning in to see when he gets back.  Boo on SA for lying though, unless present day Oliver is missing in 312.

• Love 4

Also was it just me but is turning the lights off while Roy and Diggle were still there a little bit rude lol. But yeah I get it she's grieving. 

Lmao this is the whole Laurel turning off the TV situation all over again :p

And yeah, Laurel did feel too soon. And even though KC talked about wanting her wig to be different, she picked Sara's up off the table? And where did she get the suit, are we supposed to believe that was Sara's too?

This definitely bugged.  I think they just wanted the "shocker" last scene of the black canary/justice quip, and didn't really bother to think about the logistics of how Laurel got an outfit like that in no time flat.  It would have been more realistic to have Sara's wig and mask, black clothes and Sara's leather jacket, like she threw them together, instead of the whole outfit appearing out of thin air.

• Love 4

Clever of them to let the audience know that Oliver is alive so we keep tuning in to see when he gets back.  Boo on SA for lying though, unless present day Oliver is missing in 312.

They showed him in present day in next week's preview, right? I can't remember - something about Maseo saying something about how they're getting along without him. Also, when's the time jump?

And the hand thing with Oliver and Felicity was heartbreaking, gah.

• Love 1

Not as terrible as I thought. If I just pretend Laurel never appears it's all so much better.  

I was really rooting for Zombie!Tommy to show up.  Still am.  I actually liked the flashbacks but the episode seemed much more brutal and full of gunfire than I remember from most other episodes.

No hitting Diggle in his pretty pretty face show!  Speaking of Diggle, I may or may not have teared up when he said he couldn't protect Oliver this time and he always had before.  Oh John :(.  But nearly threw my remote at the TV when Laurel hugged him. Gross. Whatever show. 

Malcolm was his smarmy self and I was also really hoping he was the one that found Oliver but oh well.

And I may or may not have victory armed when Oliver gasped to life. 

And I may or may not have actually banged my head on the table when Laurel sees Sara's mask and wig which BTW was not Sara's wig. And when exactly did that new BC costume show up in the lair? Is the show going to think we won't notice that it is completely different than Sara's costume? And when exactly did Laurel learn to use Sara's weapon?  Oh fuck you show with your stupid not ONE MINUTE OF ON SCREEN ACTUAL VIGILANTE  TRAINING for Laurel and it's been only 4 days since Oliver went missing.  /head desk head desk head desk.  

I'm just going to think about John and Roy being kind of badass in this episode and Oliver's chest....

• Love 7

Lmao this is the whole Laurel turning off the TV situation all over again :p

Yes. This is how they're going to get us to love Laurel, by making Felicity do the same things she did.  At least one difference was that for Felicity, it was five days, not five years.

For Felicity,  it seems to be a case of "If Oliver couldn't do it, no one can."  She shut down the lights on Diggle and Roy, she refused to help Ray when she couldn't talk him out of it.  She's trying to keep anyone else from dying on her.

• Love 3

Also, Laurel's assertion that there isn't one thing Malcolm Merlyn could say that they should believe is going to make what was outlined in the 3x12 synopsis either really interesting, really confusing, really maddening, or all three at the same time. Or any combination thereof. 

• Love 4

Felicity turned on the lights in 2.01 which was the beginning of Oliver going from the hood to the Arrow.  So maybe turning off the lights ends that chapter.  Now a new chapter can begin.  You know, the Chapter titled Oliver & Friends.  I might be wrong but I think it was meant to be symbolic.  They keep telling us nothing is going to be the same after 3.09.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 9

Yes. This is how they're going to get us to love Laurel, by making Felicity do the same things she did.  At least one difference was that for Felicity, it was five days, not five years.

For Felicity,  it seems to be a case of "If Oliver couldn't do it, no one can."  She shut down the lights on Diggle and Roy, she refused to help Ray when she couldn't talk him out of it.  She's trying to keep anyone else from dying on her.

Not too mention that John and Roy are her best friends outside of Oliver really and that all 3 of them are in the throes of just finding out Oliver is dead.   It's also an acting thing too. Laurel came across as pouty and entitled in an office with like 20 other people.  Felicity, Diggle and Roy have been teammates working in a very highly volatile exceptionally dangerous job for like 2 years at least. They are intimate friends so her turning off the lights with them in the lair is something they will understand and rectify.

THE TRANSITION BETWEEN THEIR HANDS…THEIR HANDS…TEARS IN MY EYES AND ON MY CHEEKS AND EVERYWHERE.

Wait, what?

• Love 1

Wait, what?

When Felicity reached out to touch the blade that killed Oliver, they transitioned to a shot of Oliver being dragged on the gurney with his hand hanging off the side - it looked like they were touching/reaching out for each other.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Mixed feelings about this ep. It felt very choppy. The emotional beats were rushed, I think (although, goddamn, I thought Emily Bett Rickards and David Ramsey were amazing in their scenes). I lost it when Diggle crouched next to Felicity's chair. And at one point I thought Felicity was going to claw Malcolm's eyes out.

I get that they needed to tell the Hongkong story to set up the reveal at the end but the flashbacks felt more out of place than usual for me.

I rolled my eyes when the lights at the lair went out. I'm not going to blame Felicity for that. That's the show wanting to be dramatic ... but making it look stupid instead.

Edited to add: OMG, Felicity finding that door open and running inside, calling out Oliver's name? I died.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

I liked this episode more than I thought I would, so there's that. 

Diggle and Felcity's reactions to Oliver's presumed fate wrecked me over and over again. Emily Bett Rickards especially did a knock-out job throughout. I can only imagine it will get harder and harder to watch these two as they continue to process Oliver's "death."

I was really surprised that they revealed that Oliver is alive so soon, though I think it's smart on their part. I feel like most casual fans wouldn't stick around for long if they played it as though Oliver were really dead for more than an episode or two.

What's going on with Malcolm and Thea really intrigues me. I can't tell if Malcolm is being sincere, or if he knows something we don't. I did really enjoy getting to see Thea in action, and her worry over her brother. Although it is way past time someone actually told her the truth about something.

I'm imagining it took Laurel a few tries to figure out the Canary Cry device and she most likely shattered all the glass in foundry.

• Love 1

I went into this expecting to completely dislike this ep... and yet was relieved that it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm ignoring the last five minutes, in which Laurel unconvincingly delivers that line which makes me cringe EVERY time, but I thought the stuff between Felicity, Digg, Roy and even Ray was well handled. I understood absolutely where Felicity was coming from, as well as Diggle. Who makes the calls now? I don't believe that by Felicity prioritizing Digg and Roy's lives that she was wholly in the wrong -- she was grieving, worried, and perhaps thought that they need to regroup. It was understandable, even if possibly not the right action. Honestly, how WERE they going to get out of that? No one was in a position to call the shots there. (Also were the police in a standoff with one person? And how did Roy and Digg leave without the police seeing them? Why didn't they follow the bad guys through this alternate exit if they were so certain they could get them?)

That said, thank goodness for Felicity mentioning Sara's death. I am so angry that this whole season was set up, based on this supposed mystery, but now that Oliver is dead/missing, Sara falls to the wayside. She's a plot device. No one wants to really avenge her (except for Laurel, who just wants to steal her outfit), or even mentioned her in this whole scenario, especially in the face off against Merlyn. And if Digg and Roy don't talk to Thea? That's even worse. The whole point of Thea learning to fight was that she was going to gain control over her life, but instead she's yet again a puppet used by her father and her brother. (And it's all still so dumb. Remember when Nyssa wanted to take down Merlyn? None of this makes sense. Why is Merlyn pretending to be sorrowful?? Didn't he want Oliver to die? Why orchestrate this whole thing? He couldn't have thought Oliver would win -- Merlyn can beat Oliver!)

• Love 5

Nice directing on the  part of Glen Winter.

I think they were going for symbolism with the lights  -- Felicity turned on the lights in 2x01 having rebuilt the Arrow cave after it was damaged in The Undertaking; she turned off the lights here because without Oliver, there is no "this".

Laurel shut off a TV a bunch of people were watching five years after the Queen's Gambit went down.

That said, thank goodness for Felicity mentioning Sara's death.

It was nice that someone remembered Sara.  It would have been nicer if they had given Laurel some lines about losing her so recently and now Oliver is missing.

I think Malcolm is sorrowful about Oliver dying, just not as sorrowful as  he is about the fact that now Ra's is going to come after him since the blood debt is still on.  For Malcolm, it's Malcolm first every time.

I'm imagining it took Laurel a few tries to figure out the Canary Cry device and she most likely shattered all the glass in foundry.

I've love to see Diggle's and Roy's reactions to that when they come down the next morning.

• Love 3

Just imagine the discussion that would be going on if the BTS picture of stunt Canary hadn't leaked.  The final scene I believe was meant to shock and surprise fans.  Not to mention making them eager for the next episode.  Too bad (for them) it happened a while ago.  I don't think it got the positive reaction they were anticipating.

• Love 3

Okay, so was Malcolm lying when he said he saw Oliver's body in the ravine? If he did see him, that means Oliver was there for 4-5ish days, so I'm guessing the "bring you back to life" thing Maseo said at the end was literal - Oliver was actually dead. If Ra's was going to come after him, why is he worried about it now? The League suspected it before Sara died, Nyssa's seen him. Is he worried that Ra's is going to figure out that he had something to do with Sara's death? Is he worried that Ra's would know he got Oliver involved? 

• Love 1

Yeah I definitely feel like BC reveal was supposed to be a surprise. you can tell the way the episode is done. But since it leaked they just released it. 

Okay, so was Malcolm lying when he said he saw Oliver's body in the ravine? If he did see him, that means Oliver was there for 4-5ish days, so I'm guessing the "bring you back to life" thing Maseo said at the end was literal - Oliver was actually dead. If Ra's was going to come after him, why is he worried about it now? The League suspected it before Sara died, Nyssa's seen him. Is he worried that Ra's is going to figure out that he had something to do with Sara's death? Is he worried that Ra's would know he got Oliver involved? 

he didn't say he saw it in the ravine.He just said oliver fell in the ravine and his body was unattainable. 

he didn't say he saw it in the ravine.He just said oliver fell in the ravine and his body was unattainable. 

But Oliver did fall into a ravine and for most people his body would be unattainable. That's why I can't figure out if he was telling the truth or lying because he couldn't find it and didn't know where he was. 

• Love 1

Just imagine the discussion that would be going on if the BTS picture of stunt Canary hadn't leaked.  The final scene I believe was meant to shock and surprise fans.  Not to mention making them eager for the next episode.  Too bad (for them) it happened a while ago.  I don't think it got the positive reaction they were anticipating.

ITA. The entire set up is there, with Oliver dead, Felicity being done, Diggle telling Laurel he doesn't know what's next... I'm pretty sure too, that they wanted it to be a complete surprise, and to generate buzz for 311 off of Laurel's final scene here, and it probably would have worked way better. As it was, I just burst out laughing when she said the Justice line of hilarity.

• Love 4

Makes me wonder if the picture hadn't leaked, would KC still have been at the TCAs? Would it have been all dudes? /stillbitter

• Love 6

Ra's was already going to kill Malcolm so it wouldn't matter if he connected Malcolm to Sara's murder and Oliver's death unless Ra's is into torture too.

If Oliver was lying there in the snow for 5 days, it would take sci fi to make him alive again and the EPs always said the show was grounded in reality.  (Well, that's what they say.)

Oliver's presence in the present day was missed but I think Felicity, Diggle, and Roy's storyline was engaging and all the actors did a good job.  I definitely liked seeing Arsenal up his game and Diggle suiting up again.  It was the wrong call but I understand why Felicity did what she did.

Liked the scene between Roy and Thea a lot.  I can understand in that case why Roy didn't tell her the truth but he was right in saying that keeping the secret from her now would be ridiculous.  That was Vinnie Jones?  Thought that voice sounded familiar. 

Laurel being the one to save the city after a couple of weeks of sparring is ridiculous.  Not trying to get into an anti-Laurel tirade but as others have pointed out, it's WAY too soon for any of this.

• Love 3

Ra's was already going to kill Malcolm so it wouldn't matter if he connected Malcolm to Sara's murder and Oliver's death unless Ra's is into torture too.

If Oliver was lying there in the snow for 5 days, it would take sci fi to make him alive again and the EPs always said the show was grounded in reality.  (Well, that's what they say.)

That's why I'm trying to figure out if Malcolm was lying or if Maseo went right down to him. It was the fact that Maseo told Oliver he asked Tatsu to bring him back to life that's making me wonder. Unless he was just being dramatic.

Thanks to majorly low expectations, I actually enjoyed a lot of this.  Granted, after this Monday's Sleepy Hollow, I know I can handle a lot of disappointment.

Loved that we got a lot of Felicity and Diggle in this episode, and their reactions to Ollie not being there.  I thought it was in character that Diggle was more realistic and prepared for the worst, while Felicity kept hope alive as much as possible.  And, sure enough, it hit her hard when Malcolm shows up with the bloody arrow.  And, now she has become so overprotective of everyone close to her; Diggle, Roy, and even Ray; that it's messing up how she interacts with them and even how she works.  I can totally see why she wanted to protect Diggle/Roy, but they were right that her decision just caused a bunch of guys to go free.  So, now she seems done with anything involving the lair.  Not sure where this is going to go.

But, hey!  Ollie is alive!  I'm glad they already are revealing this, because there was no way they were going to actually kill their lead.  Not surprised that Maseo was responsible (I figured it was either going to be him or Nyssa), but I'm glad Tatsu is still alive as well.  Now, I'm actually curious to see how the flashbacks end when it comes to those two.

The Diggle/Laurel scene was easily the most I ever liked Laurel.  Even thought Katie Cassidy was better then the norm.  But, the Canary reveal?  Well.... we'll see.  I'll try and keep an open mind, but the development for this has been almost nonexistent.  They're already making her look like she's as badass as Ollie and Sara, and all they've shown so far is her doing boxing lessons.  Not exactly up there with being stuck on an island and being trained by a crazy merc, or joining a league full of badass assassins.

Vinnie Jones was a blast as Brick.  Really weird seeing him in both this and Galavant.  And, yet, despite being way different shows, he's almost the same in both of them.  But, hey, he's good at playing this type, so more power to him.

I actually liked Ray's hurt reactions to Felicity, because Brandon Roth finally got to tone down the crazy eyes and drop that creepy grin, and actually show emotions that make him relatable.

Still wish they would go somewhere with Thea and Malcolm.  So much potential there, but I feel like it's being wasted.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

Still wish they would go somewhere with Thea and Malcolm.  So much potential there, but I feel like it's being wasted.

This so much. So much potential being wasted. And I unfortunately find myself being annoyed with Thea because they try to emphasize how clueless Thea is all the time. I'm kinda surprised they actually had her know that Roy was Arsenal lol. 

• Love 3

I think Merlyn looked over into the ravine, didn't see Oliver, and assumed given the location and the weather that it was irretrievable. So I don't THINK he lied. But it's Malcolm, so that's always a possibility.  

• Love 4

THE TRANSITION BETWEEN THEIR HANDS…THEIR HANDS…TEARS IN MY EYES AND ON MY CHEEKS AND EVERYWHERE.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about this episode tomorrow but for now HANDS.

I KNOW!! GAH Ill be okay I swear