Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

FYI... I happen to come across a chart of popular dance/dance moves for each decade. Unfortunately, the chart stopped at the 1990s. I wonder, would the battle been different - i.e. more likeable - if Whit/Jirya  exhibited the dances of the earlier years (that I guess most people preferred to see/do), to keep from doing the "twerking" of the 20xx-era.

• 1920s Charleston, Black Bottom
  • 1930s Lindy Hop (black), Jitterbug (white)
  • 1950s Waltz, Fox Trot, Rumba
  • 1960s Twist, Monkey, Mashed Potato
  • 1970s Hustle, Bus Stop
  • 1980s breakdancing, pop dancing
  • 1990s rave, hip hop
Edited by sATL
On 3/16/2017 at 3:32 PM, ClareWalks said:

Notice in that picture, she is wearing a turtleneck, black, with vertical ribbing, using her hand to hide her face and neck fat, head tilted up, and the photo is only of her head and shoulders. Yep, no "body shame" for this gal. No sirree. Seriously, it's like she Googled "how to look thinner in pictures" and did every single thing on the list. (Although usually she is wearing nothing but a sports bra, so I suppose it's an improvement)

We all know how much she sweats when she wears just a sports bra.  She has to be one sweaty mess (more than usual) in a turtleneck.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

Is this a typo?  I don't understand it.

Ugh yes typing on a phone and autocorrect is bizarre sometimes. It should have just read her mothers suicide attempt and depression. 

• Love 1

2 things of note:

* If you are in the Charlotte, NC area, Whitney is giving a public speech at UNC-Charlotte Thursday night at 7. I have my kids that night and cannot be sure that Whitney will not be inappropriate so I will not be going - otherwise I would check it out and report back to you ;-)

* Caleb Marshall (The Fitness Marshall) is going to be on the April 4th ep of MBFFL and I AM EXCITED ABOUT THAT because if ever there was someone I'd like to see have his own show, it's Caleb.

• Love 1

I don't think I can even watch these two episodes. i will watch the skinny cuz I wanna see if Maney's comment makes it in. But really she has to chose btw family and her dance career, what career??? There is no career. It's like a hobby. And I am sorry family comes first. The fact they are even using this is just disgusting. And this was filmed around Jan so if you follow her on sm she has not done anything of note so whatever this offer is she doesn't take it. It's just sad. And we already know there has been no dance battle rematch so of course they have to show she hurts herself beforehand. Cop out! (Wonder if it was her broken toe from the cruise lol cuz it is called toe to toe)

IMG_4410.PNG

IMG_4411.PNG

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

I don't think I can even watch these two episodes. i will watch the skinny cuz I wanna see if Maney's comment makes it in. But really she has to chose btw family and her dance career, what career??? There is no career. It's like a hobby. And I am sorry family comes first. The fact they are even using this is just disgusting. And this was filmed around Jan so if you follow her on sm she has not done anything of note so whatever this offer is she doesn't take it. It's just sad. And we already know there has been no dance battle rematch so of course they have to show she hurts herself beforehand. Cop out! (Wonder if it was her broken toe from the cruise lol cuz it is called toe to toe)

IMG_4410.PNG

IMG_4411.PNG

Her only career is pretending that she has one. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

"She must choose between her family and her dance career." OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Face palm, every time I hear or see those words. She must think she's the caliber of Baryshnikov where she's going to land a lead in a broadway show and must leave her family for months--when in reality it's probably one day of a half-assed "performance".  

I'm so sick of hearing those two words in association with that woman. I've never seen a bio of her listing her as a dancer, but rather as "television personality". 

• Love 7

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  She must choose... ::snort::.. between... ::tears in my eyes!!::.... between her family.......::y'all know - that family that has to attend her every sneeze or bm::......... and her  ::snort::....  her ::gasp:: .....

I can't even say it.  That "job" she pretends to have! 

Oh lawdy!  There's no choice to make there.  A real mother and a fake career.  Gosh - what WILL Twit choose?  Oh, the humanity!  She'll spend her senior years sitting in a corner, muttering, "I shoulda... I coulda... if only I woulda...."

• Love 13

I'm not sure of the timing, but I wonder if her "dance career" activity was the cruise.  So maybe the decision was, "Do I stay and help with my mother who had a stroke, or do I go off on a one-week Caribbean cruise with my fan(s) and barnacles?"

We all know she went on the cruise.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not sure of the timing, but I wonder if her "dance career" activity was the cruise.  So maybe the decision was, "Do I stay and help with my mother who had a stroke, or do I go off on a one-week Caribbean cruise with my fan(s) and barnacles?"

We all know she went on the cruise.

But I think Babs and Glen and Hunter were on the cruise, too?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

You may be right.  I was just speculating.  If I'm wrong, I stand corrected!

Yea they were all on the cruise. There is no way Babs would have been cleared to travel for that if her stroke was before. I think Bab's stroke was after Christmas/NYE.  I think it was actually the last thing they filmed for the show too. From recent posts, she seems to be doing really well (thank God) as much distain as I have for Twit, I know what it is like to have parents and grandparents go thru that (and much worse with my dad).  That's why it irks me it is even a question should she stay or go crap.  

• Love 2

So the question if glenn and babs go everywhere with Twit, yep. Just saw pics of them at that event at uncc yesterday. Why are your 70 year old parents going to every speaking engangemrnt you have???  

• Love 8

Did you all notice that the description says,

" Whit offers to help", as if it's a favor, like watering the lawn when they're on vacation,  or babysitting the dog , cat, or pig for a night.  .

Wouldn't a daughter or son (who lives in the same town and sponges off her parents),  just say, assertively, that "I'm packing a bag and staying with mom until she gets better, PERIOD." ??????

My mom had a slight stroke and I stayed over for almost week, cuz she recovered quickly, and wanted her independence back. My mom did appreciate having someone around at first,  just in case. 

The description fits Twit's self-serving lifestyle--even though she didn't write it. 

More importantly --to Twit-- who's going to shave her legs????!!!  Oh, calamity! 

• Love 6

I do wonder if we'll get to see the cruise on the show! I'd love to see the kind of people who would attend such a thing, LOL.

@AmyB I have been loving your social media savvy and sleuthing on here and I hope you will keep our new Social Media thread full of awesomeness :) 

• Love 7

omg! So with the handicap talk and wondering if she parked in a handicaped spot at Will's I wanted to see if I could find a google earth of the fitness zone like I did for Daliana's. I found something even better!!! Look at this! Will's Gym and Dalania's dance are literally 220 feet apart!!!!! Omg! So there is no freaking way that they have never met or run into each other until the dance battle! 

IMG_4416.PNG

• Love 9
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

omg! So with the handicap talk and wondering if she parked in a handicaped spot at Will's I wanted to see if I could find a google earth of the fitness zone like I did for Daliana's. I found something even better!!! Look at this! Will's Gym and Dalania's dance are literally 220 feet apart!!!!! Omg! So there is no freaking way that they have never met or run into each other until the dance battle! 

IMG_4416.PNG

I LOVE this stuff from you, @AmyB! Thanks!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, AmyB said:

IMG_4416.PNG

I see there's an MMA gym there. Surprised she hasn't tried that yet.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I see there's an MMA gym there. Surprised she hasn't tried that yet.

You've just latched on to their next plot line. Will she be able to raise her leg and kick? Will her dancing injury on her knee (not her weight, her dancing) prove to be too much of an obstacle? Will she defeat the local champion? On an all new My Big Fat Not So Fabulous 600 lb Life....

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, MegD said:

You've just latched on to their next plot line. Will she be able to raise her leg and kick? Will her dancing injury on her knee (not her weight, her dancing) prove to be too much of an obstacle? Will she defeat the local champion? On an all new My Big Fat Not So Fabulous 600 lb Life....

This is what I was thinking when I saw the MMA gym. I bet she tries to call out Conor McGregor (cuz everyone else is) and says she could beat him. Or maybe she takes on Roy "Big Country" Nelson even though he is like 100 lighter than her. I am a novice boxer and been going for over a year and still got tons to learn so there would be no way she could pick it up and compete in an ameatur match.  

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, Ocean Chick said:

She'll spend her senior years sitting in a corner, muttering, "I shoulda... I coulda... if only I woulda...."

"I coulda made another youtube video."

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AmyB said:

This is what I was thinking when I saw the MMA gym. I bet she tries to call out Conor McGregor (cuz everyone else is) and says she could beat him. Or maybe she takes on Roy "Big Country" Nelson even though he is like 100 lighter than her. I am a novice boxer and been going for over a year and still got tons to learn so there would be no way she could pick it up and compete in an ameatur match.  

But we all know Whitney: One our two lessons and she's ready to compete! And WIN!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

But we all know Whitney: One our two lessons and she's ready to compete! And WIN!

Depends on who is paying the judges.  Maybe we should start a donation pool to pay for REAL, IMPARTIAL judges.  Anyone care to join me?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Depends on who is paying the judges.  Maybe we should start a donation pool to pay for REAL, IMPARTIAL judges.  Anyone care to join me?

But I want Big John McCarthy to be the referee! Or Herb Dean. And Bruce or even Michael Buffer to announce it! I totally got a selfie with Bruce :) 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2017 at 0:33 PM, AmyB said:

So the question if glenn and babs go everywhere with Twit, yep. Just saw pics of them at that event at uncc yesterday. Why are your 70 year old parents going to every speaking engangemrnt you have???  

Because they're the "silent producers" of her show.  I think they are instrumental in generating some of the fake plots to put on the show.

Speaking of her ability to dance, I am always astounded at the turn and step and (is that a step ball change) she is shown doing in the promos for the shows. It is hardly what one would consider controlled and she appears to be on the verge of stumbling/falling before she lurches off screen. 

• Love 8
On 3/31/2017 at 0:33 PM, AmyB said:

In their defense, UNCC is probably a flat hour from where they live in Greensboro - so it's not like they had to hop on a plane or even inconvenience themselves very much. Also, Glenn was here in Charlotte with her when she did the St. Patrick's Day parade and he was THRILLED to be recognized, so I imagine they are enjoying their 15m of fame, too!

• Love 2

I actually don't find it that odd that they go. TLC is generally filming and it might be in their contracts. Or maybe they are also enjoying their fame, as suggested above. My mom generally shows up at my public events. It gets her out of the house. She wrangles the people, helps with the sales, brings me food and drinks (in some cases I see 15 hour days with maybe only a few minutes here and there for a break), takes the pictures, and she genuinely likes being around all the people. She doesn't fly to events with me, but she attends the local ones. The husband and kids go as well. They are all such a part of my social media presence that some people are actually there looking for them, and not me. Glenn and Babs might be the same way. I guess I am looking at their presence in terms of it being part of the show, or part of Twit's ensemble celebrity, and not real life.

7 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Speaking of her ability to dance, I am always astounded at the turn and step and (is that a step ball change) she is shown doing in the promos for the shows. It is hardly what one would consider controlled and she appears to be on the verge of stumbling/falling before she lurches off screen. 

I have thought that, too! The last step looks like she is going to go flying on her face. And then there is the sweat stain on her back...

• Love 1

The last step looks like she is going to go flying on her face. And then there is the sweat stain on her back...

Yeah, the camera people and editors aren't in awe of her fabulousness. (I guess if I were Whit I'd say fabulosity.)

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Scandalous!!! He done stole Whitney's signature move!

I think we have our next dance battle. 

That's what I thought!  (And I did write something with the link, but obviously I did something wrong.  It's nice to know that words weren't necessary.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Yeah, the camera people and editors aren't in awe of her fabulousness. (I guess if I were Whit I'd say fabulosity.)

I often wonder if she is aware of how bad they make her look--not just camera angles, but with the storylines. Making her look like a fool at the radio station and so on. The people who were in the Breaking Amish series were saying that if any of them didn't go along with the program, they were made to look terrible and the producers would intentionally create drama or set them up to "fail".

You'd think a normal person would be able to figure this out, but I suspect Whit is so narcissistic she's oblivious to it all. It's a complete 180 from the first season. Maybe they were like, "Well if she's gonna be an asshole, let's make her look like one as often as we can!" 

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, wow.  Hoo boy.  I got lots of conflicting thoughts to both videos.

First video regarding "body positivity":

It shows a talk show panel of women, including our snowfkake. The woman with anorexia/bulimia has recovered to a normal BMI weight.

Twit has not. 

THAT may be why the first woman was featured more on this talk show-- which is Twit's MAJOR  complaint on this video. 

The cowboy hat had some salient counter- points about the usual that Twit spouts:  

She's healthy being fat; a role model for being included with other people with irregular body issues, including disabilities (which I personally find offensive as a special ed teacher); acceptance of said issues should be required by society (in particular, men); and her PCOS "contributes" to her weight ( ummmm, multiple pizza delivery apps not withstanding or mentioned), lucky for her that the cowboy hat is not a consistent viewer of her program).

I also liked how the cowboy hat mentioned her  selfies are 99% upper body/only face. 

Cowboy hat was adept enough to notice that Twit's video DID NOT show her responses to the host of the talk show-- probably because  we all know that she is not good off the cuff.  The video  is her way of putting out her message more cogently than she did on the talk show highlighted therein. 

Hat also concluded that she came off like  a poor, little fat, rich girl complaining about.......IDK.........

Too much food? Not enough attention from the talk show host, despite her claim of NOT being famous (Who? Little ole me, famous? Pshaw.?  Say it in a southern accent for fun.) Her lack of recovery or attempts to even try to eat healthy in her oh-so-fucking busy life?  

I like that he called BS on her claims not to have current food addictions or depression,  although Twit mentions 10 years of being depressed  implying that's when she gained 200+ lbs. I'm talking to the video, asking "What's her excuse now for not losing weight?" Cowboy hat answers, "Her TV show".  Duh, I forgot.  

I didn't like his jokes or atracks abt fatness in general --without recognizing that's it's hard to lose weight--cuz that's where I am (depression included). It's not just willpower. Weight loss means changing your life significantly to do so. Lots of planning and follow through.  I'm learning to focus on myself now, but there are sure alot of distractions to use as excuses, so I have to remind myself constantly to do me first.  Old habit suck.

Twit is passing up a golden opportunity to use TLC $ to get healthy and I wish I could have that chance,  although I have abt 50 lbs. to lose, and don't have a "dahnce career", dahling. Thus,  I hate watch. 

And I feel ridiculous for referring to "Cowboy hat." 

Edited by Tosia
Love/hate the video, and feel kind of stupid for responding to a cowboy hat-- although I love me some cowboys.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

You'd think a normal person would be able to figure this out, but I suspect Whit is so narcissistic she's oblivious to it all. It's a complete 180 from the first season. Maybe they were like, "Well if she's gonna be an asshole, let's make her look like one as often as we can!" 

What TLC and other reality producers specialize in is knowing what to look for.  They see train wrecks a thousand miles away.   They especially go for the people as you say are oblivious and narcissistic. They groom them the first season, then let the beast loose.   The beasts by then are so thrilled with their Z list celeb, they are still oblivious.

Its your basic reality show formula.    But in Whitneys case, she hasn't done the predictable teeth-whitening, the nicer car or body improvements. Heck, she doesn't even shower.

• Love 7
(edited)

Second video on a store clerk asking Twit to smile-- other real feminists have said it better-- without generalizing requests to smile to strange talk abt beards. I think Twit was just climbing on the bandwagon. She contradicts herself as well.  

IMHO, the Cowbot hat's responses were sexist and as wrong as Twit's lame attempt to counter the smiling argument. 

Oh, she goes into the Who, me? Famous?  Again.

I may have mixed up the videos, cuz its early here. 

Edited by Tosia
I'm talking back to a Cowboy hat. This is what the Internet had come to. I need coffee.
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, thesnarkiest said:

Hahaha yes to this guy:

I loved all 23 minutes of this video! Hat really nailed poseur Twit. Thanks, @Thesnarkiest, for posting it.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Dot said:

I loved all 23 minutes of this video! Hat really nailed poseur Twit. Thanks, @Thesnarkiest, for posting it.

Agreed!! All weekend I saw the previews for tomorrrows eps where she gets in the fight with Todd and kept goin on with his perfect body his perfect life, wow Twit that's ur bff! When people lash out like that it's really a refection on how they see themselves not of the person getting the lashing. So guess your life aint fabulous after all.   

• Love 4
(edited)

so I found this Article and thought it was interesting to go along with twit being interviewed. Maybe Twit should have done her research on him and thought oh maybe there is a reaason he has that outlook. He knows what it's like to be heavy and he took control of his life. I am sure he could see right thru her bs! I was trying to find the original video of the interview when I came across that article. 

Found the original interview. Now it won't play in mobile browsers. I did get it to play on the desktop at work (hope I don't get into trouble for that lol) But the entire interview has a whole different feel to it than her snippets of it. It's all in context when watched in it's entirety.   

Edited by AmyB
Found interview
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Everyone in this video including the narrator comes off like a jerk excluding Megan. Who is this hat person?

• Love 1

@Tosia I love that you responded! I thought his whole video was funny and spot on. I say this as someone who wants to lose 50 pounds. I mean he made good points. I also thought the smile thing was funny, I liked the "cowboy" hat guys delivery and he annihilated her. 

@Dot No problem, he also has another video ripping on her for not smiling at a cashier. Even if you find it sexist, his delivery is good, and I just like to think of it as against her not against all females. She is pretty awful..... 

@spankydoll I have no idea who this hat guy is, but I just kind of came across him at random. 

@AmyB I am glad you liked it!

This video made me so happy and perfectly explains why Whitney is a ....... yea my karma is already bad enough, you know the words that should go here haha. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, thesnarkiest said:

@Tosia I love that you responded! I thought his whole video was funny and spot on. I say this as someone who wants to lose 50 pounds. I mean he made good points. I also thought the smile thing was funny, I liked the "cowboy" hat guys delivery and he annihilated her. 

@Dot No problem, he also has another video ripping on her for not smiling at a cashier. Even if you find it sexist, his delivery is good, and I just like to think of it as against her not against all females. She is pretty awful..... 

@spankydoll I have no idea who this hat guy is, but I just kind of came across him at random. 

@AmyB I am glad you liked it!

This video made me so happy and perfectly explains why Whitney is a ....... yea my karma is already bad enough, you know the words that should go here haha. 

You've confused my comment with @Tosia's, but I do concur with her. I recall a ploy a friend of mine from the ancient days of 1970s & 1980s women's liberation adopted: any time a man told her to smile -- usually as "Smile. honey" -- she responded, "No one tells the CEO of General Motors to smile."

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Dot said:

You've confused my comment with @Tosia's, but I do concur with her. I recall a ploy a friend of mine from the ancient days of 1970s & 1980s women's liberation adopted: any time a man told her to smile -- usually as "Smile. honey" -- she responded, "No one tells the CEO of General Motors to smile."

No I knew it was her who said it I was just warning you you might find it sexist haha. That was a proclaimer but of course I still recommended it.  

• Love 1

I just watched the Smile video.

Many years ago my grandmother had just passed away and I went for a walk to clear my head. I got the "smile" comment from a guy (and mind you, I have a resting bitch face or whatever it's called) and told him why I wasn't smiling.

Decades removed, he was just trying to be nice. Maybe flirting... but no harm intended. If I had it to do again I'd just smile and continue my walk. Sometimes people say awkward things. Look at intent and move on, Whit.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, thesnarkiest said:

No I knew it was her who said it I was just warning you you might find it sexist haha. That was a proclaimer but of course I still recommended it.  

I obviously missed something: I only saw the Hat video. There is also a smile video?