Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think she doesn`t understand what the word "apocalypse" even means

It's hard to think straight with Jensen sitting 2 feet away.   A lot of hair flicking and outfit adjusting. lol

• Love 4

I got the impression that Jensen made her mind stop working right.

1 minute ago, Pondlass1 said:

It's hard to think straight with Jensen sitting 2 feet away.   A lot of hair flicking and outfit adjusting. lol

Exactly!

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, this, I can understand.  :)   First pic I ever did with him, I got question afterwards like "how many people were in the room?"  "no idea"  or "was it the usual photographer?"  "no idea" and lastly "do you remember anything?"  "no". I genuinely, literally didn`t remember anything but eyyyyyyyes. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3

Thanks for posting--I tried the link last night and it didn't work.

Two major things I got from it:  first, Jensen picked the suit?  (That seems strange...do the actors choose their own wardrobes or was that just a different way of saying he wore it)?  

And--I noticed that he said Lucifer was "out of the picture" and "has been banished."  He didn't say "Lucifer is dead,"  so for those who were still wondering... *sigh*

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Okay, this, I can understand.  :)   First pic I ever did with him, I got question afterwards like "how many people were in the room?"  "no idea"  or "was it the usual photographer?"  "no idea" and lastly "do you remember anything?"  "no". I genuinely, literally didn`t remember anything but eyyyyyyyes. 

First pic I had with him, I got into the elevator to go back to my room and forgot to press the button for my floor.  lol.   He has that effect on people.

The other thing I liked about the interview is that it sounds like he might have filmed more than it sounds like.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

But even so does she not know what an apocalypse scenario looks like? It was very clear by the end of Season 13 that the world went on like usual. I wouldn`t even think of "apocalypse" from that. The apocalypse world, sure, it looked the part. I really thought being able to distinguish between what qualifies as an apocalypse and what doesn`t wouldbe a no-brainer honestly

19 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

21 minutes ago, Res said:

I got the impression that Jensen made her mind stop working right.

If I was her, I'd  just claim the last two(which is most likely the truth anyway), because otherwise it has to be the first post.  :-D

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Yes, why did she choose that outfit? She clearly was uncomfortable in it the whole time. 

I'm all in for evil Michael. It's been a while since we have had an awesome villain. And I don't need the to have a soft side. Be bad. Be bold!

• Love 1

And--I noticed that he said Lucifer was "out of the picture" and "has been banished." 

Well, they do have an obvious out with the Empty and I reckon at some point they will pull that card.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Well, they do have an obvious out with the Empty and I reckon at some point they will pull that card.

He would never say gone for good. He's too smart for that.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

He would never say gone for good. He's too smart for that.

Well, "Lucifer is dead" is the only non-spoilery thing he could have said, since it was *shown.*  But if he'd said, "seems to be dead," or, "is dead...or is he?" or even, "but you know how death is on SPN," that's hinting that Lucifer might be back. But "banished" seems pretty clear that he's not dead-dead.  *shrugs* I just thought it was a strange way to put it after the whole battle and death scene, and it's a warning to all those who were celebrating the end of the Luci SL.  

• Love 2

Another Interview

Jensen talks again about the story lasting longer than people would expect (I`d say the expected rate has been 3 episodes) and even clarifies that he means Michael!Dean, not vessel-hopping. 

He did answer a question about Sam as well and it is the obvious leadership thing that was to be expected. If so, I hope somehow, someway at least Dean`s previous leadership skills are acknowledged. In fact, I do hope that on the bunker-front, Dean himself is acknowledged in a positive way and that is how the attempt to rescue him is framed.

Now I`m prepared to be doused in cold water once Dabb and Singer (and the Nep Duo, yuck) talk tomorrow.     

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Well, "Lucifer is dead" is the only non-spoilery thing he could have said, since it was *shown.*  But if he'd said, "seems to be dead," or, "is dead...or is he?" or even, "but you know how death is on SPN," that's hinting that Lucifer might be back. But "banished" seems pretty clear that he's not dead-dead.  *shrugs* I just thought it was a strange way to put it after the whole battle and death scene, and it's a warning to all those who were celebrating the end of the Luci SL.  

I hear you and I don't trust Dabb one whit to leave him dead either. But Jensen knows the show and knows where he went if Dean "killed" him and if that's the case his word usage was spot-on after what we saw happen with Castiel.

It's entirely up to Dabb whether he'll resurrect Lucifer(and I'd never bet that he would leave him "dead"-never-not with the hard-on that he has for Pellegrino. But  if he's in The Empty then Dean killed him, AFAIC, and my hope will always be that they will never bring him back, bit if they do I would hope that they would allow some good amount of time to pass to at least let some of us enjoy it for while.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Another Interview

Jensen talks again about the story lasting longer than people would expect (I`d say the expected rate has been 3 episodes) and even clarifies that he means Michael!Dean, not vessel-hopping. 

He did answer a question about Sam as well and it is the obvious leadership thing that was to be expected. If so, I hope somehow, someway at least Dean`s previous leadership skills are acknowledged. In fact, I do hope that on the bunker-front, Dean himself is acknowledged in a positive way and that is how the attempt to rescue him is framed.

Now I`m prepared to be doused in cold water once Dabb and Singer (and the Nep Duo, yuck) talk tomorrow.     

You and me both. I'm kind of out of hope for Dean at this point, though, and with Dabb in charge, especially considering how he's written Dean when he's given Sam the leadership role during his tenure-ie., Dean is rarely, if ever, mentioned in that capacity at all.

No, I think that role will all be Sam, Sam, Sam with crickets sounding on the Dean front in that regard.

To be perfectly honest, my real dread is what will happen when Dean comes back-likely the same role that Dabb assigned him in S12, IMO, and especially since Sam will then be well ensconced in the leadership role by that time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, how the aftermath of the Michael storyline is handled is a pretty big worry. Absolutely. And I entireyl share your worries.

I mean, I want this Michael story to have some real meat on it but that doesn`t mean I never want to see Dean again. I do. And not like in Season 12. Urgh, no. When the show ultimately ends, I would have no problem if he dies as long as he is granted a meaningful, heroic death. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3

So what we have confirmed:

Time jump

Michael still in snazzy clothes

Michael talking to an angel

Sam taking on leader role to try and save Dean

Michael longer than we expected.

I'll take all of that. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Well now we can relax--Dean as Michael longer than we will expect...I always thought Dabb was giving us a good deal of Dean/Michael.   Jared gave us a clue when he hinted thru the 6 episodes he read--that he hopes for long Michael/Dean.  So was sure we get at least 6, maybe more.   So have faith peeps!  You can praise your boy Dabb now.

That said I personally don't want too much Dean/ Michael--6, 7 or 8 episodes is enough...any more makes me miss the best character on the show, pure DEAN.  And 6, 7, 8 gives Jensen plenty of acting challenges.

And let me add--have ZERO problem with Sam as leader when Dean gone.  Gives Jared chance to shine while Jensen does too--and they obviously won't be ignoring Dean or Michael at all!   And Jensen was always acted as and promoted as the leader brother FOREVER-they always emphasized that on the show.  So with Dean gone, it's natural for Sam to fill the void for a while.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen is really speaking his mind

He's been fairly outspoken about Demon Dean being cut short, but the marionette dance criticism was full blast. No hiding his anger there. And he  now seems to have a certain degree of clout.  He's chuffed that Dean/Michael story will be given time to evolve.

Go Jensen....

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

He's been fairly outspoken about Demon Dean being cut short, but the marionette dance criticism was full blast. No hiding his anger there. And he  now seems to have a certain degree of clout.  He's chuffed that Dean/Michael story will be given time to evolve.

Go Jensen....

He's got a better sense of Dean and the show overall than the writers do at this point. I'd trust him to conceive of, write, and direct an excellent episode more than most of them.

• Love 3
(edited)

Tweets about the first scene of season 14 are coming in. It's apparently a long scene of Dean!Michael interrogating a worshipper about what people want. I'm hearing really good things about Jensen's performance!

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Apparently, Michael and Anael (sp?) meet in the first episode. 

Maybe that was the chapter that Jensen thought was closed. I thought that might be what he was referring to.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
(edited)

Who is Anael, again? I have no memory of that character.

ETA - never mind - should have googled it first - Sister Jo

Edited by bethy
(edited)

So this S13 recap/maybe S14 spoiler video is on the SPN facebook page. I have to say, it makes S13 look a WHOLE lot more exciting than it was in real time, lol. And maybe a clue as to why Dean maybe isn't fighting so hard to eject Michael? Does he believe maybe he/they can do some good in the world vis a vis monsters/evil?

Facebook vid

Link to SPN page if that doesn't work.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
spacing counts
  • Love 1

This is why I don't believe for one second Lucifer is gone permanetly. 

Also Bobby will be back on a recurring basis. 

Buckner loves writing for Jack.

6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

'm sure there will be booze, bacon, brawls and broads involved. And quiet, polite gentlemen who help little old ladies carry their groceries. I bet you can guess which will apply to which brother.

This is where my reservations come from.

But on the other hand, I was really skeptical about Baby and ended up loving that ep.

• Love 2

Are they giving these interviews about liking to write the most for characters who are neither of the leads while Jensen and Jared are there or are these the one-on-ones? That must be great to read or hear if you’re the star of a show.

• Love 2

One of Jenesen's round-table interviews. He mentions Singer giving him notes on his portrayal of Michael in 14x01 and 'having his back'.  Uhh, Jensen? You know Singer green-lit and directed the marionette fight, right?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm sure there will be booze, bacon, brawls and broads involved. And quiet, polite gentlemen who help little old ladies carry their groceries. I bet you can guess which will apply to which brother.

You read my mind. 

• Love 2
(edited)

And when asked if Dean will be struggling to break free of Michael’s hold, Dabb said “We’ll see Dean putting up a fight but it’s a really hard fight to win. But Dean’s a fighter — he’s going to try to get out even if it doesn’t quite go his way.” How will that look visually ? “We have a couple of different approaches to it. Some are very much like he looks into a mirror and some are going into people’s heads. It’s dependent on the story.”

I admit this excites me. 

he big question is how long Ackles will be playing Michael. Singer explained “That’s something we want to keep under wraps. I can tell you that Dean will return — he won’t be Michael all year.” And if you’re wondering whether our Michael could be unleashed to combat the Alternate Universe’s Michael, Singer said “We discuss it. Lots of stuff gets thrown around. That certainly gets thrown around quite a bit. We don’t have any specific plans for that now but that’s always lurking back there. I think it’s a card we think we don’t want to play quite yet.”

This not so much. Michael Sam is the number one thing on this show I do not want.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2018/07/22/supernatural-press-room-comic-con-season-14-spoilers/

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Jakes said:

Well now we can relax--Dean as Michael longer than we will expect...I always thought Dabb was giving us a good deal of Dean/Michael.   Jared gave us a clue when he hinted thru the 6 episodes he read--that he hopes for long Michael/Dean.  So was sure we get at least 6, maybe more.   So have faith peeps!  You can praise your boy Dabb now.

Well, before you neener-neener the concerned Dean/Jensen fans too much, maybe wait and see. Jensen was cagey in saying Michael would be around for a while - not specifically that he would be Mean. And yeah, an awful lot has to happen before I praise your boy Dabb for anything. For example, not completely neutering Dean as a character (or rather, completing his neutering of Dean as a character) in the meantime. Be careful what you wish for has never seemed so relevant to me before.

From the various comments (Jensen et al) and clips this weekend, I'm getting the feeling that Dean is going keep Michael by choice - maybe come to some kind of understanding of just what the archangel will do to clean up this world.

• Love 2

I'll give Dabb praise when I feel he earns it.  Because how things play out on screen can be a lot different than how someone describes it. 

I've loved things I thought I wouldn't.  Season 9 and Baby.  I've disliked things I thought I would love.  (season 10).  I loved Jensen's performance but over all I really dislike the way the over demon Dean story line and Mark of Cain story lines were resolved.

I will give Dabb and co. credit for one thing and that is the news that the AU hunters want Michael dead.   That makes sense because Michael destroyed their home and the probably killed a lot of their loved ones.  They don't know Dean so its understandable their focus would be on Michael.  I hope we get so see the conflict and Sam trying to convince him to save dean by actually talking about him and his past and strenghts and why its better to save Dean. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

he big question is how long Ackles will be playing Michael. Singer explained “That’s something we want to keep under wraps. I can tell you that Dean will return — he won’t be Michael all year.” And if you’re wondering whether our Michael could be unleashed to combat the Alternate Universe’s Michael, Singer said “We discuss it. Lots of stuff gets thrown around. That certainly gets thrown around quite a bit. We don’t have any specific plans for that now but that’s always lurking back there. I think it’s a card we think we don’t want to play quite yet.”

This not so much. Michael Sam is the number one thing on this show I do not want.

I know I'm being overly optimistic but what if, at some point, Dean manages to toss Michael out (or maybe Michael decides it just isn't worth it:  "Oh, for my Father's sake, Winchester, do you never shut up?  I don't care how many bottles of beer are on the wall!"  lol) and AW!Michael takes another vessel and to fight him, Dean springs Our Michael...and you can take it from there.  <g>

4 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I will give Dabb and co. credit for one thing and that is the news that the AU hunters want Michael dead.   That makes sense because Michael destroyed their home and the probably killed a lot of their loved ones.  They don't know Dean so its understandable their focus would be on Michael.  I hope we get so see the conflict and Sam trying to convince him to save dean by actually talking about him and his past and strenghts and why its better to save Dean

I hadn't heard this before.  I like this; it has potential.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

One of Jenesen's round-table interviews. He mentions Singer giving him notes on his portrayal of Michael in 14x01 and 'having his back'.  Uhh, Jensen? You know Singer green-lit and directed the marionette fight, right?

That part was unfortunate, but the rest was Awesome. So he delivered a passage from the Quran in Arabic in the clip?! I need to see this clip.

He also said that was only half the scene. Wow.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

This seems like a good synopsis.

I like this part

Michael’s Grand Plan. The sneak peek that was screened during the SUPERNATURAL panel hinted that Michael is on the hunt for a new method of taking over the world — one that is very different from what he did in his own universe. “In the last episode of last season he said he wanted to make a pure world,” Dabb recapped for us. “The question is, what does that mean? And even Michael in the last episode of last season said the world he has right now isn’t the world he wanted. This was not the plan; a bombed out apocalypse was not the goal. So when he comes to our world he has a second chance — that’s the good news. The bad news is what is he going to do and how is he going to go about doing it? We know that whatever happened with the angels and demons and all-out war, this nuclear war essentially, [it] did not work. He’s going to have a different strategy going in. This strategy may look, on the surface — a little less violent. The world is not being blasted to ash. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to be any less insidious, or that his end goal [isn’t the same] — which is essentially to create a world that is pure enough for him, [that is] worthy of him.”

I think it would be really interesting if we could see him come across people who he'd choose to be amongst his Chosen as well as those he wouldn't. That would really mix it up some.

• Love 2
(edited)

The premise of episode 300 - getting a sense of how the people of Lebanon, Kansas view Sam and Dean -- has potential, but would need careful handling. Given all of the potential logical issues that enter the picture whenever you get into issues of what Muggles think or know about the Winchesters (who, let's remember, have been on the FBI most-wanted listed multiple times, and star, by their real names, in a book series that accurately chronicles years of their lives), sometimes I think it is better just to avoid interactions that will bring those questions into relief. But it could be fun if it turned out some of the local civilians were a little savvier about the Winchesters than they suspected - I'm thinking of the Buffy episode "The Prom," where her classmates, who we had previously assumed mostly thought of her as a juvenile delinquent, name Buffy the "Class Protector," having correctly linked her mysterious doings to a noticeable decline in suspicious deaths at their school. 

It would just be kind of great if Sam and Dean were freaked out about their secrecy being compromised, and someone was like "Yeah. You guys look like male models and drive a 67' Impala. We all know you're Sam and Dean Winchester. Also you've been buying groceries from me once a week for five years, and have paid me with 35 different fake credit cards." 

Edited by companionenvy
  • Love 2