Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

OMG.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/19/supernatural-jensen-ackles-new-character/

As Ackles tells EW, “Over the years I’ve only ever had to just play Dean, whereas Jared has had to be Lucifer and Gadreel and all these different actual characters other than Sam. Dean never had to do that. He’s only been Dean. The biggest stretch was Demon Dean but it was still Dean, it was just the demon version of himself, which I always love because it makes my job easier — I can just play the character I know,” Ackles says, before adding, “That is all going to change soon. Something big’s coming.”

Not gonna lie. This Dean/Jensen girl's heart just did an Olympic gold medal-worthy series of backflips.

I don't know what to think here. Could it really be 'our' Michael?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not gonna lie. This Dean/Jensen girl's heart just did an Olympic gold medal-worthy series of backflips.

HOLY SHIT!

I literally gasped.

I am both excited and a little terrified.  Cause you know, they could really fuck it up writing wise, but I know Jensen will kill it acting wise. If it's Michael, I will eat all the hats still. Although, maybe he'll have a go a being Lucifer. Everyone else has LOL. I hope not though.

I really have wondered with Dean especially in Good Intentions if something else was going on with Dean. He seemed weird to me.  Hmmmmmmmmmm

• Love 2

You guys are quick, beat me to it--Yes, it has to be Michael!  Jensen says something big is coming--that certainly sounds like Michael.

PS--i'll just add in with the Jensen excitement...it looks like Castiel's sartorial twin is back with a full-time job on the CW--Constantine is being made a regular on Legends of Tomorrow for next season.

Edited by Jakes
Just now, Jakes said:

You guys are quick, beat me to it--Yes, it has to be Michael!  Jensen says something big is coming--that certainly sounds like Michael.

It could be Michael. It could be Death maybe? If Dean dies again...like I suspect.  What if Dean plays Gabriel??  That would be quite a twist.

Funny enough, Dean being Michael would be shocking and yet not but Dean being Death would be a huge shock because that means Dean dies again, and stays dead...I'm putting that as my dark horse candidate.

It would be funny though if Dean became Castiel for a hot minute. 

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It could be Michael. It could be Death maybe? If Dean dies again...like I suspect.  What if Dean plays Gabriel??  That would be quite a twist.

Funny enough, Dean being Michael would be shocking and yet not but Dean being Death would be a huge shock because that means Dean dies again, and stays dead...I'm putting that as my dark horse candidate.

It would be funny though if Dean became Castiel for a hot minute. 

Funny, but not what I'd call 'something big'. I know Jensen will kill it, whatever they hand him. I wonder if he'll give any clues on Kimmel tonight?

ETA: If it is Michael, maybe he'll repair his lance and use it to kill AU!Michael? Good lord, I'll have to get the world's largest bottle of hot sauce to choke down all the crow I'll be eating if that happens. But I would do it with a smile if it meant something awesome for Jensen to dig his teeth into.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

If its Michael, Catrox I'll bow down to you and Castiel's cat

Don't bow down to me, I've spec'd it but have dismissed it as well LOL. Castiel's Cat is the one who was 100% certain it would be Michael.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Don't bow down to me, I've spec'd it but have dismissed it as well LOL. Castiel's Cat is the one who was 100% certain it would be Michael.

But you;ve been certain that something was up with Dean. 

• Love 1
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

Funny, but not what I'd call 'something big'. I know Jensen will kill it, whatever they hand him. I wonder if he'll give any clues on Kimmel tonight?

I said it to be funny, but thinking more if Cas is going into battle against Michael and his vessel is badly damaged and would a lot more time to heal. Dean could step up and say, "Okay I'll be your vessel" and then together they kill Michael.

Just now, catrox14 said:

I said it to be funny, but thinking more if Cas is going into battle against Michael and his vessel is badly damaged and would a lot more time to heal. Dean could step up and say, "Okay I'll be your vessel" and then together they kill Michael.

I think I'd have to quit the internet in the face of all the 'Cas is inside Dean' memes that would ensue. So please, no. LOL.

• Love 1
Just now, ILoveReading said:

But you;ve been certain that something was up with Dean. 

Well, yeah,I was certain Demon Dean was lurking and welp, that never panned out either. LOL. 

I doubt I'm right about that. I think whatever Dean shifts into will be coming up. I don't think it will be revealed that he was this other character. I don't know though. There has just been something about Dean that seems....a little off.

OR WAIT WAIT WAIT.  What if we do get an AU!Dean no....that wouldn't be a different character though. It's still Dean. HMMMMMMM

What a tease. Fandom must be going bonkers on Twitter.

Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

I think I'd have to quit the internet in the face of all the 'Cas is inside Dean' memes that would ensue. So please, no. LOL.

HA!  I think it would be really interesting and yes we would get all the memes. I'm okay with that.

I dunno, I could actually see that happening for Dean to do it save Cas until he gets his vessel healed. I really could.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

OMG.

Looking thru these Scooby photos looks pretty damn great!  Looks like Sam may mostly be with Velma, Dean with Freddy and Daphne(of course!) and Cas with Scooby and Shaggy(I just love that trio!).  But there is one photo with Dean munching out with Shaggy and Scooby--I just knew we'd get that trio munching together...classic!  Another great photo is Shaggy and Scooby jumping up in fear right into Cas's arms...classic Scooby move and with Cas's deadpan is hilarious!

Edited by Jakes

I have to admit looking at that pic of Dean with the sledge hammer made me a little sad because I'm guessing Dean has to smash his TV.  I know a TV is pretty insignificant but it would just be something else Dean loses and he looks so excited about his Dean Cave.

I hope nothing happens that ruins Scooby Doo for Dean. 

Just now, Pondlass1 said:

They got the shoulders but looks nothing like Dean otherwise.

Agreed. I don't understand how they could get it so wrong. Sam looks like Sam and Cas mostly looks like Cas. It's really weird. I really wonder what Jensen thinks of his "likeness". LOL

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jakes said:
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

OMG.

Looking thru these Scooby photos looks pretty damn great!  Looks like Sam may mostly be with Velma, Dean with Freddy and Daphne(of course!) and Cas with Scooby and Shaggy(I just love that trio!).  But there is one photo with Dean munching out with Shaggy and Scooby--I just knew we'd get that trio munching together...classic!  Another great photo is Shaggy and Scooby jumping up in fear right into Cas's arms...classic Scooby move and with Cas's deadpan is hilarious!

Think you quoted the wrong post. I know it's rare enough that something is only about Dean to cause confusion, but my post/link was about Jensen/Dean. *g*

The Scooby stuff was posted by someone else.

26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Wait though. What if he's Fred from Sccobynatural? What if Fred and Dean end up body swapping and Dean gets stuck in Scoobyland?  That might explain why Dean is wearing a red scarf.

Sadly, with the joke Dabb likes to make of Dean/Jensen, I can see this, or the Cas-inside-Dean thing happening before letting him be a badass Archangel.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Think you quoted the wrong post. I know it's rare enough that something is only about Dean to cause confusion, but my post/link was about Jensen/Dean. *g*

The Scooby stuff was posted by someone else.

Sadly, with the joke Dabb likes to make of Dean/Jensen, I can see this, or the Cas-inside-Dean thing happening before letting him be a badass Archangel.

Oops meant to quote I Love Reading.

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/supernatural-scoobynatural-photos-are-here/172728/nggallery/image/sn1316c_0020/

Scooby promo photos.

Finally, some Dean news.  If its Michael, Catrox I'll bow down to you and Castiel's cat.

Since I quoted the wrong thing before--this is where I saw the hilarious photos of Dean munching down with Scooby and Shaggy AND the classic of Scooby and Shaggy jumping with fear into Cas's arms.  Both totally hilarious--love how they pair up Dean with his crush Daphne, the 2 nerds Sam and Velma--and the 3 characters Cas, Shaggy and Scooby.  I love it!

Edited by Jakes
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm on record saying that Dean as Cas's vessel (no, not like THAT) is one of my fannish dreams, but I've always imagined that as a wacky one-off episode -- beyond my personal preferences, the show has enough trouble integrating Cas that they're not going to waste time on a Cas-arc not featuring Misha Collins. So whatever Jensen is talking about (and Dean as Michael is a good guess), I don't think its that. 

I'm actually apprehensive about the idea of a "big" arc in which Dean isn't Dean. I'd love to see Jensen play someone else for an episode, but I don't have any interest in losing the character of Dean Winchester for any length of time. 

18 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

I'm actually apprehensive about the idea of a "big" arc in which Dean isn't Dean. I'd love to see Jensen play someone else for an episode, but I don't have any interest in losing the character of Dean Winchester for any length of time. 

It will all depend on the writing for me. If they are going to end the season with as little good stuff for Dean as they did last season, then I'm all for Jensen playing someone else for a couple eps. I hope they have something really creative in mind. ***

Honestly if Jensen agreed to go along with a Castiel-in-Dean story, then he would deserve all the relentless Destiel questions forever. 

***ETA I don't think for a minute this regime will focus on anything Dean/Jensen related for more than a episode or two. Even if he's not Dean, it would be Dean focused as Sam would want his brother back. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It will all depend on the writing for me. If they are going to end the season with as little good stuff for Dean as they did last season, then I'm all for Jensen playing someone else for a couple eps. I hope they have something really creative in mind. 

Honestly if Jensen agreed to go along with a Castiel-in-Dean story, then he would deserve all the relentless Destiel questions forever. 

Or he would actually be doing his job, which is to act out the material he is given by the writers and producers. 

5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Or he would actually be doing his job, which is to act out the material he is given by the writers and producers. 

I dont think that is the situation 13 seasons in, nor should it be. Not for Jensen or Jared or even Misha, if it were something they felt strongly about, for any reason .Your mileage may vary. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If they write it that Dean is helping Cas by being his vessel, I'm not sure that Jensen would be opposed to it. I think they wouldn't do it in such a way that would lead to Destiel jokes, I mean any more than Dean joking with Cas  about "the last time someone looked at me that way, I got laid".  Fans will get there on their own regardless.  And if it serves the story I don't see why Jensen would balk at it, just because there will be Destiel jokes.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If they write it that Dean is helping Cas by being his vessel, I'm not sure that Jensen would be opposed to it. I think they wouldn't do it in such a way that would lead to Destiel jokes, I mean any more than Dean joking with Cas  about "the last time someone looked at me that way, I got laid".  Fans will get there on their own regardless.  And if it serves the story I don't see why Jensen would balk at it.

And if worse comes to worse and fans make too many jokes Ackles can just start being rude to fans at conventions again! 

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

If they write it that Dean is helping Cas by being his vessel, I'm not sure that Jensen would be opposed to it. I think they wouldn't do it in such a way that would lead to Destiel jokes, I mean any more than Dean joking with Cas  about "the last time someone looked at me that way, I got laid".  Fans will get there on their own regardless.  And if it serves the story I don't see why Jensen would balk at it.

Yeah, we are literally never going to agree on this, so I'll bow out of this part of the conversation. :)

1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

And if worse comes to worse and fans make too many jokes Ackles can just start being rude to fans at conventions again! 

Never happened, no matter how much you want it to be true. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Well, I don't see him doing that either.  The context is completely different than all the other stuff he was annoyed about.

• Love 1

Well, it looks like some of you are going to get your wish.  My money is on Dean being Michael's meat suit.  Now whether that's our Michael or AU Michael  is yet to be determined.  Maybe we learn that AU Michael's vessel isn't strong enough to hold him once he crosses over into our world.  It seems odd that they'd bring our Michael back, but I guess it really shouldn't be surprising, since everyone else is being brought back.  It's not what I ever wanted or needed to see, but I'll just go with the flow and enjoy Jensen's performance.  

Please no on the Cas' vessel idea.  That would be pandering, IMO.  Let Cas be Cas, and Dean can be whoever else they have in mind for him.

• Love 2

I'm still holding out hope for Gabriel (I think I hoped for that somewhere on here or the other spoiler thread). I just flat out do not like Michael... like at all. So I have no interest in seeing Dean say "yes" to him. Gabriel - fine. Gabriel has at least helped them in the past, but Michael... nope. And if the writers are going to get me to believe in some Michael turn around / redemption thing... well that's going to be a tall order. As is me going along with any "Dean gets Michael to see the light" thing. That would be just a little too Pollyanna for me.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

As is me going along with any "Dean gets Michael to see the light" thing. That would be just a little too Pollyanna for me.

He helped Amara to reconcile with Chuck, canonically. Even if I disagree with it.  He got through to John in Azazel and canonically, even if I think it was the green army man and not Dean, the show is saying it was Dean's presence that enabled Sam to fight through Lucifer in Swan Song.  Billie said he had a job to do. Maybe this is it. I dunno, why not have Dean get through to Michael? It's in Dean's wheelhouse.

• Love 2

While I think Jensen would rock any role they give him, I really want it to be Michael. Gabriel, Cas, And Lucifer are all established characters and anything Jensen does will just be an immitation. Since I think one of Jensen’s biggest strengths is character building Michael is at the top of my list because he’s basically a blank slate. 

AU Michael is bland and just another mustache twirling villain and our Michael was never really explored. 

There is so much Jensen could do with that to make him a much more interesting character. 

Although, another interesting potential character Jensen could create is if he becomes death.*  but playing a reaper, even the big boss would be another form of Dean. 

*I know Billie is death but this Dabb and lol!canon so if he wants it to happen it will. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

HOLY SHIT!

I literally gasped.

I am both excited and a little terrified.  Cause you know, they could really fuck it up writing wise, but I know Jensen will kill it acting wise. If it's Michael, I will eat all the hats still. Although, maybe he'll have a go a being Lucifer. Everyone else has LOL. I hope not though.

I really have wondered with Dean especially in Good Intentions if something else was going on with Dean. He seemed weird to me.  Hmmmmmmmmmm

While I am cautiously with you on the excitement and hope, I'm already mentally telling myself "remember Demon Dean". 

Regardless of whomever Dean becomes, IF Dean becomes someone and Jensen doesn't just play an completely new character, Dean won't be that person for very long at all. I honestly think it would only last through the finale, if that. It definitely won't be "year of" anything. Heck, they couldn't even do that when they were actually advertising "Year of Demon Dean" and we got what? 2.5 episodes. I wish all my school years were just as quick!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

While I think Jensen would rock any role they give him, I really want it to be Michael. Gabriel, Cas, And Lucifer are all established characters and anything Jensen does will just be an immitation. Since I think one of Jensen’s biggest strengths is character building Michael is at the top of my list because he’s basically a blank slate. 

This is a good point. Michael could be more dynamic than we know. Maybe, he's been waiting to really let his flag fly until he gets the best vessel and that would be Dean.  Hmmm....

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

He helped Amara to reconcile with Chuck, canonically. Even if I disagree with it.  He got through to John in Azazel and canonically, even if I think it was the green army man and not Dean, the show is saying it was Dean's presence that enabled Sam to fight through Lucifer in Swan Song.  Billie said he had a job to do. Maybe this is it. I dunno, why not have Dean get through to Michael? It's in Dean's wheelhouse.

It's not that I don't think that such things are in Dean's wheelhouse. It's because of how I see Michael as a character because of what I've seen of him previously... and that goes for both Michaels. It's different for me with the other examples you gave. Amara, despite wanting revenge on Chuck, was curious about his creations. Even as she devoured souls, she seemed interested in the people she met. Even from the beginning, she was interested in Dean as a representative of Chuck's creations, so for me Amara's ability to reconsider due to her curiosity was established early on. There was something there for Dean to work with. And this was similar with John. John - despite his many faults - fiercely loved Dean, Bobby also if we include the time Dean got through to possessed Bobby. There was something there for Dean to tap into and work with.***

... Not so much, in my opinion, with Michael. Dean already tried to get through to Michael in "The Song Remains the Same" and there wasn't even a hint that anything even gained a modicum of consideration with Michael, even though Dean's position was a good and well argued one. One that potentially could have saved countless human lives. And based on how Michael was at the showdown later in Stull Cemetery, he didn't even think about Dean's position afterwards. Not even Lucifer - whom Michael claimed to love and didn't want to have to kill - made a dent with his plea to just walk off the chessboard with Michael. Not even really an "I'm sorry Lucifer, but I just can't trust you." Just a "nope, Dad said I have to kill you, so I will." It was almost clinical. Even Lucifer seemed more sad about killing Gabriel, to me, than Michael did about the prospect of killing Lucifer.  Michael wasn't moved by Sam being willing to sacrifice to put Lucifer back in the cage either. Nope... Michael still wanted to stop Sam so he could kill Lucifer, potentially frying half the planet in the process, he was so single-mindedly driven. And apparently - and this next part is based on my opinion that the AU is an offshoot of the real universe, so I get that you might not agree - if things went differently and Michael won and killed Lucifer in the AU, he still enjoyed torturing the Lucifer from the original verse - no remorse that we saw for killing his brother at all showed up in relation to the second Lucifer, just an "oh goody, I now get to torture him, too."

So in my opinion, there isn't a precedence that Michael can be swayed by anyone - not even the brother he supposedly loved. Chuck is probably the only one I would believe swaying Michael. So for Dean to "get through" to Michael - especially the AU one - wouldn't be something I could buy based on how I see the Michael character. And if it's our Michael, it would take a lot for me to buy that after his being locked in the cage for so long that he'd let bygones be bygones and not think he had been entirely wronged by Sam and Dean. Even if he bought somehow that he had to stop his AU self, for me, he'd think "I would do it better. I wouldn't make the same mistakes." And he'd shut Dean out and go on his merry one-way path, whatever that would be... and it would be equally arrogant and destructive, because that's what Michael does, in my opinion.

*** I have my own headcanon about the "Swan Song" thing that's unusual and doesn't fit the scenario here really. So that's why I didn't include it above.

2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

While I think Jensen would rock any role they give him, I really want it to be Michael. Gabriel, Cas, And Lucifer are all established characters and anything Jensen does will just be an imitation. Since I think one of Jensen’s biggest strengths is character building Michael is at the top of my list because he’s basically a blank slate. 

ITA because of the bolded part.

Oh please let this happen...

• Love 1

@AwesomO4000 , while I think Michael before he landed in the Cage wouldn’t offer Dean much to work with, I’m not sure about ‘in no shape to fight’ Michael is the same person.  I struggle with it being our Michael in the first place because it sounds like he’s mentally unhinged.  And kinda deservedly so. He was as bad as Lucifer in many ways — didn’t care about humans and wanted to rule it all.  

AU Michael is an option IMO if he gets damaged by Jack in the AU or doesn’t function properly in our universe. In both cases, there’s a bit of an underlying chink in the armor to exploit but that’s different than changing anyone’s mind. 

I must admit, any version of Michael seems like it’s both being set up and yet too obvious.  So, I don’t know where to land on this.  

Onto Scoobynatural: in tonight’s interview, Jensen indicates Daphne has more curves for ‘prime time’.  I really wanna know who gives Dean the scarf now and under what circumstance.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SueB said:

I must admit, any version of Michael seems like it’s both being set up and yet too obvious.  So, I don’t know where to land on this.  

Yeah, that's my thinking too. While I never wanted to see Michael-in-a-Dean and I had hoped the show had moved on from either Winchester being possessed by egotistical archangels, I can't decide if it means something completely different or not because it seems way too obvious. But, sometimes that's how the show rolls, so... .

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Joke Spec: Jensen will play John Winchester possessing Dean 

Actually...this is an interesting idea.  I mean if John is ever found again. I could almost see this. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So you think John is a demon now?

It was honestly a complete joke just because of the recent non dean from Jensen and John will return from JDM. I don’t expect this to be the case at all. 

If they were to make crack spec possible I suppose they could break John out of wherever his soul is stashed and go for a ghost possession. 

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So you think John is a demon now?

It would be kind of interesting if somehow Chuck/Amara decided to make John an angel because he did save the boys from Azazel.  Maybe they got him some extra points from Amuck.

Just now, Wayward Son said:

If they were to make crack spec possible I suppose they could break John out of wherever his soul is stashed and go for a ghost possession. 

Ghost possession could work too.