Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Bachelorette Beach Party

• Start Topic

I think production thought (pre-show) that Stassi was crucial to the show's success. Now that the season is airing, they should see that she is absolutely unnecessary and cut her loose for next season. If she ain't working at one of Lisa's businesses, no need for her to get any airtime on a show based on people working together for Lisa. Bye, Felicia!

• Love 10

I agree. I think this season has proven that Stassi isn't needed. The others have become enough of a trainwreck without her. I enjoyed Stassi just for the mean girl-ness of it all, but she just doesn't have a place without working (or dating someone) at SUR.

I think she gambled last season thinking she was the real star of the show. She probably thought she'd get her own spinoff. Instead, she just proved that the toxic environment of SUR is the glue that holds everyone together, not her.

• Love 6

As a business woman I can't believe that Lisa would want to highlight these nobodies. They are all funked up and have issues with drugs and alcohol. Does that make people want to go to SUR? I'm not exactly sure.

And if Jax is talking about nose candy wouldn't he be worried about the cops wanting to know about where that candy came from? IDK I'm too straight laced for their krazy antics.

Stassi is such an odd character. On the one hand, she is capable of delivering some relatively astute deconstructions (admitting she thought Kristen's propensity for drama and self-destruction was really cool and edgy back when she was 19) and evidently recognizes this social circle as a toxic environment. On the other, why, then, has she not extricated herself from those unhealthy surroundings if she's realized she doesn't want to be around people who don't "value the same things" she does? Production can't have wanted her back that badly, right?

StASSi is a fame whore, therefore, she wants to be on a TV show.

Not only was her mom there, but someone said the mom was responsible for most of the penis decorations.  

Like I said, that party was grody.

• Love 1

I think Stassi agreed to do the show for the money and the "why not?" factor. Unless something significant happens with her in the episodes that are left I doubt she'll be back. she doesn't have much connection to the show anymore and honestly she doesn't seem to care much either. I'm guessing that's why they have so little footage of her, she just doesn't care enough to delive crazy Stassi on the regular. I think Stassi's new life plan is to marry Patrick and she's just killing time until he proposes.

• Love 1

And what if dat never happens & Patrick is merely stringing her along -- as I suspect?  He has a horrible rep & history with women.  Er, sound familiar?  Oh my, Stass, you are consistent, hun.  Patrick is hardly a kid.  I think he's 35 or 36 or maybe a bit older.  If he wanted to marry her, he'd marry her -- unless he's making empty promises she's dumb enough to believe.  

How long was she stupid enough to live with Jax, while he was out banging zillions of chicks (& maybe dudes too) & gettin' some preggers?  Oh yeah, and she paid his rent & supported him for years, right?  I guess that was mostly with gay daddy's dough, but still, despite her pretentions of being oh-so-mature, she still seems like a great big dope to me.

So what if things don't work out with Patrick?  Would Stass come crawling back to Lisa, Andy & SUR?  Maybe she could share that tiny hostess stand with Vail.  Somehow that hostess stand only looks right to me with Scheana behind it, with her foot propped up on a dainty little pillow.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

You guys if I fall for Krazy Kristin's antics does that mean that I'm just a step away from being Jaxed? If ya'll see Jax with a "Granimal" tattoo next season you'll know what happened.

I don't know why, but when I read that Brandi announced that Jax was straight on WWHL I immediately assumed that they had slept together. This is completely wild speculation on my part based on nothing aside from some idle flirting in a past RHOBH episode. 

Now that Stassi is a non-entity who do we think Kristina will attach herself to to stay relevant? Scheana seems the obvious choice considering she's the closest to alpha female left.

I just re-watched the first part of the episode and Ariana did say that Shaye was staying by himself. I would assume so that Scheana and Shaye can have some alone time. We saw/heard about some of Scheana's bridesmaids and family, but no mention of Shay's family or groomsmen. Odd.

There was a quick line from Ariana mocking Kristin for laughing at inside jokes that she wasn't a part of. Ariana must be pissed that Scheana and Kristin are "friends", though I doubt she'd admit it.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 1

I honestly cannot wait for the season to play out so Tiffany will leave Jax's ass so far in the past. That guy is no good I can't even watch him talk anymore crap.

Will Kristen ever get over Tom!? This girl needs to mind her own business and get a life. How does your boyfriend you would sit there every time she brings up Tom or Ariana's name!? These cannot be real relationships

• Love 3

Brandi stated that she knew Jax from their modeling days but that they did not have sex.  But she believes he is straight unlike Tom (guessing Sandoval) who she thinks is gay; Jeff Lewis replied he thought Tom was curious and Andy said he wanted to hug Tom.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure I have crossed some moral line in the sand I may not be able to save myself from...but I am super excited to watch Kristen break Tom and Areanna up! I'm just digging Kristen as an cartoon evil mastermind. She was born to do this shit. Plus the more I see of Areanna the more I want to trip her. So watching Kristen make poor dumb Tom cry and stab Areanna in the back is a total win-win for me. I haven't seen anything this good since Melrose Place got cancelled.

• Love 5

I thought it was pretty normal for a mom (sister too) to be at her daughter's bachelorette party. The weddings I've been a part of the brides' moms were always there for the silliness and debauchery. Why not? It's supposed to be tacky and over the top....and filled with pink penis shaped crap. There's usually a tiara, fuschia feather boa, and a "bride to be" sash involved too. I found nothing wrong with any of the actual bachelorette party stuff. Most of those things are pretty typical.

In my experience it's more normal for the moms to participate in the bridal shower and maybe the bachelorette party if it is something more mellow and not tacky like wine tasting or something, but the tacky pink penis decoration shot drinking tiara wearing shit is usually saved for people in the bride's age group. 

Scheana seems the obvious choice considering she's the closest to alpha female left.

I don't think I can handle a world where Scheana is considered the alpha female of a group.  I'm not saying you're not correct, but it hurts my head.

• Love 2
We saw/heard about some of Scheana's bridesmaids and family, but no mention of Shay's family or groomsmen. Odd.

Yea, either Shay is one of those people who has no friends outside of his SO's friends, or....his friends just don't want to be on this clusterfuck of a show. It's quite possible Shay did his own Bachelor thing with his real friends privately. 

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure I have crossed some moral line in the sand I may not be able to save myself from...but I am super excited to watch Kristen break Tom and Areanna up! I'm just digging Kristen as an cartoon evil mastermind. She was born to do this shit. Plus the more I see of Areanna the more I want to trip her. So watching Kristen make poor dumb Tom cry and stab Areanna in the back is a total win-win for me. I haven't seen anything this good since Melrose Place got cancelled.

Thank God, its not just me. I also loved Melrose Place. Kristen does have that Kimberly Shaw vibe. Bring on the crazy.

I also totally agree about Areanna. She was  just boring before, now she is totally annoying.

• Love 3

I floved Melrose.  Arianna doesn't bother me.  The mole above Vail's lip does for some reason.  The biggest offender on this show (for me) is Scheanna's voice.  Second is Stassi's "witty" violent lines (I'm gonna chop it up, slash, etc etc.); girlfriend please, you are all talk, and not even good at that!

• Love 1

I agree that Arianna is annoyingly full of herself. 

Vail, on the other hand... whew.  Poor Vail.  That girl is so needy, even Jax seemed uncomfortable and was trying to get away from her/ seemed to be turned off by her "oh, Jax, you're so loveable" thing b/c it was actually kind of sad.  I have a feeling Vail is desperate to make the reality thing work, hence the oversharing with Lisa re her drug use... and also the trying way, way too hard with Jax.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 2

Second is Stassi's "witty" violent lines (I'm gonna chop it up, slash, etc etc.); girlfriend please, you are all talk, and not even good at that!

No kidding. Stassi seems far to prissy to do anything even resembling violent for herself, save maybe that "slap heard round the world". I can't see her potentially hurting herself or getting bloody or anything. She's ridiculous. Like a kid with a wild imagination.

• Love 3

That story (of  Stassi getting her own show) was based on casting ads which were sent out by Bravo last year.  Did it go any further?  Don't know.  It sounds (to me) like a really stupid idea to try to make stars out of crazy super-fans.  But then again, maybe they think if Stassi is paired with obvious idiots & fools, she could easily destroy them & that could be fun to watch.  Still getting the feeling she's being iced outta this show.  Maybe Bravo (and Lisa & Andy) does want to develop another show for her.

Here's an interview Stass just posted on her Twitter-

http://www.answers.com/stassischroeder

Neither she or Patrick mention each other at all on Twitter, so I wasn't exactly sure what that meant.  But in the interview she says she's still with Patrick, but she mentions nothing about doing another show.

I watched the previews again & I don't think that guy is a past bf of Jax's.  He says something bout "bro code".  Sounds like straight guy talk to me -- or at least trying hard to be like a straight guy.  Ya know, like how Jax & the Toms call each other "dude" every 2 seconds -- especially after they've just been spooning or watching each other shower.  Anyhoo, I'm sure there ain't gonna be any outing of anything next ep.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

^ Interesting interview, thank you for posting! I actually don't blame Stassi for not wanting to put her relationship on this show; reality TV seems to be a kiss of death for a lot of relationships. Although I don't know why he couldn't be on the show briefly and not say much (like Shay).  I think Stassi is over the people at SUR, but not over wanting to be a reality TV star.  I wonder if Katie and her make up? I'm going to guess that they aren't as close as they used to be, but are still friendly-ish.

• Love 4
I have a feeling Vail is desperate to make the reality thing work, hence the oversharing with Lisa re her drug use... and also the trying way, way too hard with Jax.

Hmmmm, would Vail bang Jax just to stay on show?  Yeah, I think she would.  Talk about sinking low.  Ugh, dat is low, low, low.  So which is lower -- banging Jax or being hopelessly strung out on drugs & losing a lucrative gig on a soap?  Er, it's a toss-up to me.

• Love 2

Maybe they have & we don't know it.  After all, how would we know if any hint of anyone being bi has been edited out?

True, but evidently what has been left in is enough to have the guys pinging for some.

Love the MP comparison. My friends and I used to live for Melrose Mondays.

Lisa said on WWHL earlier in the season that Stassi is done, which I took to mean she's gone after this season.

• Love 1

Hmmmm, would Vail bang Jax just to stay on show?  Yeah, I think she would.  Talk about sinking low.  Ugh, dat is low, low, low.  So which is lower -- banging Jax or being hopelessly strung out on drugs & losing a lucrative gig on a soap?  Er, it's a toss-up to me.

Banging Jax may be the ultimate low. Good news, Kristen! You can only go up from here.

• Love 3

I like Pandora. She is entirely too normal to hang out with that bunch in Miami.

James reaction to being left behind at the hotel was interesting. Most people would be pissed off and have a bit of a rant about it. His reaction was surprisingly calm. Don't let James be the best actor of them all!!

Happy to have no airtime wasted on Stassi!!

• Love 4

I like Pandora. She is entirely too normal to hang out with that bunch in Miami.

James reaction to being left behind at the hotel was interesting. Most people would be pissed off and have a bit of a rant about it. His reaction was surprisingly calm. Don't let James be the best actor of them all!!

Happy to have no airtime wasted on Stassi!!

You're very right about how James reacted to being ditched. Aside from the first episode drama he has been surprisingly laid back. Particularly when you consider that he has to listen to Krazy Kristen and her constant schemes to win back FI Tom. Can you imagine what it would be like to room with Kristen on this trip? In a first, he's actually looking better as the season progresses! Too bad he has such a punchable face.

Vail, Vail, Vail. She does act desperate around Jax. What was with her demanding answers on Jax's relationship status? Why does anyone bother asking Jax anything? He's never going to answer truthfully. I am shocked that Jax and Vail haven't banged yet on this trip. The whole "poor wounded me, only you can save me" trick seemed to work wonders on her. How did they not end up in bed together? Maybe they're saving it for the finale? I wish we could get to know more about Vail. Surely there must be something else worth knowing about her?

Going along with my alpha Scheana* delusion, I would love to see Ariana, Kristen, Katie, and Kristina show up to the reunion in super high rise short-shorts, spatula makeup, turbans, gigantic sunglasses, and the crutches, cast, or sling of their choice.

Here's hoping that Carmen AND Tiffany both take Jax up on his plane-ticket offer. Now there's a fight I'd love to see.

*Hey, she is kind of a low-rate Britney Spears.

• Love 2

Rewatched again this  morning. The last convo of the episode between FI Tom and Jax was interesting. Especially when FI was saying how he shouldn't have to ask Jax to lie for him and he always covers for Jax but Jax always outs everyone on their bad behavior to not feel so bad...blah blah. So I am guessing that means that FI actually did cheat on Ariana in Miami? I mean why else would he be all about Jax "getting a taste of his own medicine" so he will wise up and shut up? Otherwise why worry about someone like Jax saying things if they aren't true? People only tend to get upset and riled up about legit things they are trying to keep on the DL.

• Love 1

Rewatched again this  morning. The last convo of the episode between FI Tom and Jax was interesting. Especially when FI was saying how he shouldn't have to ask Jax to lie for him and he always covers for Jax but Jax always outs everyone on their bad behavior to not feel so bad...blah blah. So I am guessing that means that FI actually did cheat on Ariana in Miami? I mean why else would he be all about Jax "getting a taste of his own medicine" so he will wise up and shut up? Otherwise why worry about someone like Jax saying things if they aren't true? People only tend to get upset and riled up about legit things they are trying to keep on the DL.

He said something in his Bravo blog about that being a quote from Kevin Hart? It really didn't make any sense. I definitely believe he's cheated on Ariana.

From Tom's Bravo Blog:

When I told Jax that "I shouldn't have to ask you to lie for me," I'm quoting Kevin Hart, in that when you're best friends with someone, you should always have their back. At this point I'm wanting Jax to know what it's like to have someone like Jax as your friend. The difference is I'm not embellishing nor am I denying being the source of the information. Do you think for one second that if I was worried about some information Jax had on me that I would do this? I can tell you one thing, with 100 percent certainty, I would never choose this time to do this if Jax had any dirt on me. He most definitely does NOT, because doing anything like that to Jax is dangerous. If you are the source of Jax looking bad in anyway, he will stop at nothing to make you look way, way worse, even if it is with lies.

Maybe they have & we don't know it.  After all, how would we know if any hint of anyone being bi has been edited out?  But since I think all of this is carefully scripted, my theory is the producers have been careful to make everyone straight and eliminate and/or avoid any mention of anyone being anything other than 100% straight.

We've never had any direct hint of it, but why not?  Maybe when the Toms were busy spooning, Katie & Kristen were giving it a whirl . . . or a swirl?  

What other explanation is there for Stassi's presence, other than producers desperately wanted her there?  She has no reason for being on the show any longer.  She has no connection to the rest of the cast.  And she seems to have cut off Katie & Tom, who were the last ones she was speaking to.  I'm thinking this scene of her telling off Lisa may be her swan song.  Or at least I'm hoping.  Buh-bye, granny Stassi.  You will not be missed.

My take on that is the show was really starting to soar in the ratings in season 2 (even beating out the painfully boring RHOBH a couple of times).

I think they were desperate to have Stassi back for season 3 because she was a part of the ratings bonanza in season 2, and TPTB were probably afraid to too much with the original "magic" (hehe) the cast created.  

That being said, congratulations, Soccer Mom Stassi.   Your decision to not film with any of these chucklefucks just proved that the show doesn't need you to thrive.  These people are all so fucked up and delusional and desperate that you've just shown you're sorely out of place now.

Unless Stassi contributes something extremely substantial in the next (last) few episodes, I suspect Bravo might just tell her Bye, Felicia!  

(ETA: I tried to check concrete ratings for this nasty little gem and it looks to me like it's steadily bringing in around 1.25 million per episode...Considering the low salaries and what must be relatively low production costs, this show must be turning over some good profits for Bravo/NBC)

PS - OnceSane, I just saw your post and that we're of the same mindset on this issue, LOL.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

I thought that nothing could be better than this episode--until I read this thread talking about this episode! You guys are hilarious! There's almost nothing left to be said. I will add, though, that I think Jax is terrified of Vail. She's drooling over him like if she's picturing him as a roasted turkey just like in the old cartoons. There's no way that he COULDN'T have banged her right then and there when he was trying to scare her off (I think rather than reel her in) by telling her he's NOT a good person and she's just melting all over him about how lovable he is. If he would bang a bootleg chick--and he keeps talking a game about how he's going to bang Vail--why didn't he try? At first I'm thinking he must be on his best behavior for Tiffany and here's Jax showing some restraint and good judgment. But then he's ALSO texting Carmen and whoever responds first he'll fly out to bang! (And what's he going to say when the other girl responds 5 minutes later that she'll come?) So now it's not about Tiffany--he'll take whoever he can get. So why not the chick--who's not even bootleg--who's right there and throwing herself at you? Well, we know that Jax is incapable of showing good judgment, so the fact that they work together likely isn't a deterrent; he does still say he'll sleep with her--just not acting on it! So it has to be that he is terrified of getting Vailed, or maybe it's because she's TOO gaga no matter what he says to get her to back down. And the longer this goes on, the more lathered up she's getting like why isn't he trying to sleep with me? But count me in with the Melrose Place crew that absolutely cannot wait to see whether Jax is/was "gay for pay!" Yes, I'm a progressive person who thinks LGBTQ rights are this generation's civil rights movement, so if he were a real person I knew, it wouldn't "matter" either way to me, but within the context of My Show, oh, yes it matters! I am grabbing the popcorn for Jax's gentleman friend AND Tom crying to Kristin that he thought he would marry her! Say what?! I'm presuming it's just let's have some closure here and this is what Kristin needs to hear if she's ever going to let go. But this is must-see TV!! I also loved this episode for just seeing the gang let loose and genuinely all have fun together. I think with all of the fractured fighting it was a good way to establish why these people were all friends in the first place.

I still would love to watch Stassi and her Chico's clothing crash and burn with Patrick.

Ha!  I think Chico's is more stylish than what Stassi has been wearing.  More like Coldwater Creek or J Jill.

I think Schwartz admitted that Jax has something on him.  Sandoval said there were things in the past so not sure if Jax has any new dirt on him.

• Love 2

Jax couldn't have had anything on Flat Iron Tom. Just like FI Tom said, Jax goes scorched earth if he thinks someone is throwing him under the bus.  The only thing he had to say was about Miami, which is easily dismissed by FI Tom since Jax wasn't actually there.

If Jax had other info, he's ass enough to have let that be known when FI Tom was challenging him on his lies.

• Love 1

I will also admit to being confused by the conversation between Sandoval and Jax. I really didn't understand what he meant by "I shouldn't have to ask you to lie for me." On its surface it sounds like he was upset that Jax didn't cover for him about something. Which would be the Miami rummer, I guess? Which also makes it sound like the Miami rummer is true. On the other hand, after 2 1/2 seasons I've come to the conclusion that Sandoval is really stupid. I'm guessing he has the lowest IQ in this group (that's a distinction no one wants) so I never discount the idea that he's just not expressing himself well. I got the same feeling about his behavior during that Kristen/Jax debacle last season. He just looked overwhelmed by conflicting stories and information and confused by the whole thing. At times he really seemed to have a tough time understanding what people were telling him and then he would start in on nonsense about the problem being all the rumors instead of the cheating and I kind of sort of understood where he was, but the kid is so damn inarticulate it was hard to follow. Really gave you insight into how Kristen was able to manipulate him all those years.

That's OK.  Now if you said you were diggin' Jax, I'd say, "Uh-oh".

So Scheana said she did everything on the list.  Um, did she motorboat a dick?  Really?  I didn't see dat.  Did she do this off camera?  Damn.  Dat, I wanted to see.  Could it be something Schemer might be talented at?  Sheesh, finally . . . something she might be talented at?  Really?

Scheana's mom looked extremely uncomfortable & out-of-place with da drunken chucklefucks.  Felt bad for Mama Scheana.

That's OK.  Now if you said you were diggin' Jax, I'd say, "Uh-oh".

So Scheana said she did everything on the list.  Um, did she motorboat a dick?  Really?  I didn't see dat.  Did she do this off camera?  Damn.  Dat, I wanted to see.  Could it be something Schemer might be talented at?  Sheesh, finally . . . something she might be talented at?  Really?

Scheana's mom looked extremely uncomfortable & out-of-place with da drunken chucklefucks.  Felt bad for Mama Scheana.

Pretty sure she motorboated Shay's dick on the boat.

• Love 2

Finally just got around to seeing this episode and it did not disappoint. So many opportunities to snark and I think most of you hit on everything.

Persnickety - I think you might be onto something re: Jax and the narcotics. I'm also in the medical field (psych/addiction medicine) and he was definitely on something (or a combo of something's) the whole trip. And speaking of addiction: Vail, who was unusually upfront about her past substance abuse right off the bat, made sure everyone knew she was drunk at the party when she was flirting/trying to "bang" Jax. She looked and acted high as a kite when she grabbed and went thru Kristin's phone too.

And. Katie my dear please don't make fun of someone else's education when you don't even know the difference between the words "course" and "chorus". That's all.

• Love 3

Confession: I like James...but, I also liked Harry Dubin, and have a secret crush on both Toms. Lol

I like James simply because he for such a little cretin he still manages to be more than a match for the pock faced Tom.  The one with the face of a fifty year old man but the haircut of a thirteen year old white boy from the suburbs who wants to look edgy.  Seriously I know other too old men sport that geometric shaving but it just makes me laugh every time I see that acne scarred man as he ages in front of my eyes and white knuckled any semblance of youth he can pull off  His face is looking more and more like Jax;s -- a half peeled used cigarette filter

I think Jax likely is taking some kind of muscle enhancement product that is speeding his ass off since he can barely do twenty pushups and has the jaws you could use to pry open the crumpled auto in a wreck.   i really keep expecting to see a warning label on his noggin that warns people from being to close to him when he chews.  He should look into renting himself out to the highway dept as a wood chipper.   But considering his nutrition, his finances and him clearly thinking he has the physique of, well a man with a physique, I'm thinking he is shooting something that is likely running his adrenaline pretty high.  Plus all the alcohol and his age and I'm thinking he also pops those weight loss pills to keep what looks like the pending threat of a paunch in check. 

Then again the digs and that hysterical pickup he has been driving for a couple of years now do scream he has the financial drain of a steady habit of something draining his wallet.

• Love 2

I believe Tom's face is freckled, not pockmarked.

On all my tvs I can clearly see the acne scars.  Big difference between his freckles and his divots don't you know.  Otherwise golf courses would simply tout the charm of the freckled greens and not admonish players to repair their divots.  I'm guessing you could draw all twelve zodiac constellations on his face and maybe not use the same zit twice.  Okay maybe a bit of hyperbole there.  But he id definitely not getting a proactive spot soon unless to it about adult acne.

Now that would be a good story.  Watching scarface deal with an adult zit.

Edited by heebiejeebie
  • Love 1

Big difference between his freckles and his divots don't you know. 

No, I had no idea.

Craters, freckles, and zits? Man, poor FI Tom's face. And poor, delusional Kristen, for saying on WWHL that Tom and his family have good skin, heh.

Wasn't Jax having chest pains last year, because of some workout supplements he was taking? I totally forgot about that, but now I wonder if he's using steroids.

Perhaps I am thinking of another Bravo show, but I thought he was getting tits from his supplements.
  • Love 1

Wasn't Jax having chest pains last year, because of some workout supplements he was taking? I totally forgot about that, but now I wonder if he's using steroids.

Ahh Ghoulina, let me remind you of this classic moment: "Guys...I have cancer." Jax supposedly had a lump in his pit and breast cancer in his family. This led to a couple of episodes about his struggle with his mortality and Stassi mocking him and dumping out all his supplements. Good times.

I spent the holidays doing a rewatch <hangs head in shame>.

• Love 7