Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Teresa Giudice Talk About Her New Year's Resolutions Like She's Not About To Go To Prison

• Start Topic

So far I haven't found anything online about Teresa's daughters visiting her in prison this weekend.

Unless the tabloids were asleep yesterday, it should have been reported by now.

My guess is that they didn't visit because 1) it was too soon or 2) of Gia's birthday party Saturday night.

3. Joe was too hungover to drive.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

I don't post much, but am I enjoying everyone's posts, and learning about Federal prison. Last night after leaving here I wound up reading quite a bit on wiki about 2 certain mafia guys.

It's such a fascinating topic, for sure!  I always knew I wanted to be in law enforcement and majored in criminal justice, and when I applied for and got the job I was thrilled.  One thing it taught me is that there are A LOT of good people in prison who made terrible choices.  (Not saying the Juicies are part of that!)

I did not get one thing done today.  LilMissLab showed me how to use Netflix.  All I did was watch Orange is The New Black, beginning with episode one.  For research, not that I want to know what Tre is going through our anything. ;)   So I can keep up on conversations here.  Yup, that's my story.

Love love LOVE Orange is the New Black!  It is not based in reality, though.  Not much going on in that show is authentic.  One thing that is, is how disgusting the living conditions are.  Really really gross.

Thanks to everyone who showed faith in me re: the mugshot.  Take my thoughts with a grain of salt; I haven't worked in prison for 8 years and when I did that wasn't my department.  My guess is that it is not truly her mugshot.  I have never seen a BOP mugshot with a bright white background, and when I was in every inmate was processed in wearing an orange jumpsuit.  Once they were given room and job assignments, they were issued khaki uniforms or army green jumpsuits.  At my institution, the green uniforms were only for inmates assigned to work details outside of the gates.  Which doesn't really mean much since every camp inmate is outside the gates.  Also, I think it looks photoshopped.

I was away from the boards yesterday because of work, and last night was all about the GG.  I come back tonight and wow!  You guys know how to make a girl feel the love.  

Edited by Olive
  • Love 4

Actually I believe the camp visiting is Saturday, Sunday and holidays. I haven't seen anything about them visiting either. Maybe she flipped a table and is in SHU!!  (do campers go there, Olive??)

If a camp inmate has to go to SHU it means either he or she has committed a higher level offense or there has been a threat to the inmate's safety.  If it is for an offense he or she will be sanctioned and re-designated to a higher level facility.  You don't go to SHU as a camp inmate and come out of SHU a camp inmate.

Edited by Olive
  • Love 3

So I googled mug shots, just to see what kind of backgrounds they're generally shot against and I found all different examples. Look at this link.  Every single one of those mug shots - every one! - is crooked. Just like Teresa's was before I straightened it.  What is that about???

http://www.sunherald.com/2015/01/11/6011927/south-mississippi-mugshots-for.html

Did you all know that Randy Travis is a raging, naked, drunk driver?  Me and my nana are devastated. :-((

Topic?  Teresa's picture.  Olive you, Olive.  But I disagree.  I thinks it's the real thing.

Randy_Travis_DWI_DPS_400.jpg?w=440&h=330TeresaGMugShot_zps992fb876.jpg

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

No hard feelings, rye.  Olive you too.  I will always say when I am not sure about something and I am not sure about this.  I could be wrong.  

ETA:  Wait, didn't y'all say when you saw it the other day she was wearing a cross?

Edit again:  One of the reasons it seems fake to me is how bright the background is.  Lighting is horrible in R&D and no way could they keep it that clean.  Someone getting it from the internet could though.  No shadow behind her either.

Edited by Olive
  • Love 2

Ok I have a theory.  I think it could be her, snapped by an officer, but not a mugshot.  Maybe the person shopped it onto a mugshot background and wanted to sell it or something.

• Love 3

Edit again:  One of the reasons it seems fake to me is how bright the background is.  Lighting is horrible in R&D and no way could they keep it that clean.  Someone getting it from the internet could though.  No shadow behind her either.

We've been discussing and debating the authenticity of that mug shot for days but not one of us noticed what you did, i.e., background is too white, bright & clean and there's no shadow behind her.   Even those who didn't get into analyzing the details of her hair, makeup, etc. and just commented on the photo in general thought it was "wonky."   Maybe that was because of the background and/or lack of a shadow.  People often rely on pure instinct.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Ok I have a theory.  I think it could be her, snapped by an officer, but not a mugshot.  Maybe the person shopped it onto a mugshot background and wanted to sell it or something.

That's very possible.

The mug shots I've seen aren't as good. The resolution on this one blows them away.

• Love 4

i.e., background is too white, bright & clean and there's no shadow behind her.  

But this is Danbury. Connecticut!  Where the tuna is Albacore and a stylist and fashion photographer is supplied for every mug shot!

Whether its phony or not it's good to see any mug shot of her.

Bottom line, right?  LOL  I've enjoyed sitting on my warm, comfy couch these past few sub-zero Michigan days (seriously, -10?) mulling over the authenticity of Teresa's pic and learning about the prison system. I've been so holed up, I may as well have been in lock down.  But I wasn't.  So suck it, Teresa.

• Love 7

Famewhorgas is posting again. Interesting. More interesting is that comments are closed (I'm disappointed - I used to really enjoy reading them). I wonder if it's since it was such a pro-Teresa blog site previously that she doesn't want the grief from the former regular posters.

Fucking cowards.  The comments are definitely closed as to not have any negative comments about Teresa.  They can dish it, but can't take it. Just like Teresa!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

I don't think it is real because it appears Teresa is super imposed on the chart.  I also am fairly confident that Teresa is over 5'5' tall or her brother is very, very short.  I am referencing the gym scene between the two of them.  I also have to go with the choice of uniform color for the mugshot.  It has been fun speculating but even better-there is absolutely no news coming from Teresa's camp.  Even her Chatty Cathy attorney seems to have been stifled.  I am left wondering if she even presently wants to see her children in a custodial setting.  Then I tell myself-what Teresa think of someone other than herself?  With 20 fifteen phone calls a month it will be interesting to see how this pans out.  I hate to think that the prison authorities are granting her some sort of preferential secret visitor treatment. 

• Love 4

Thanks for all your input, Olive. I had wondered about whether a new inmate would be wearing green as opposed to orange (like on OITNB, which I realize is dramatized).

When the original, bigger pic was posted, I noticed a faint line running across Teresa's lower chest, which made me lean towards the mugshot being 'shopped. But, who knows?

• Love 1

I also wonder if it's really true.

Good point!

So much of what's out there is either planted by PR types hoping to keep the "celebrity" relevant or fabricated to reel in online hits or sell tabloids.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

2 thoughts on the shot:

1. It looks like a man's throat.

2. OITNB takes liberties, but in Piper's book she does discuss her Danbury intake and being assigned a khaki top, khaki pants and her photo process being one that made everyone look like a serial killer in their IDs. 

Fake.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 1

That's a great fake, imo. But...why? I would really commend Teresa (in her fantasy "I'm so fantastic" world) if she thought of preparing and releasing a fake mug shot while she's in prison. I would have to reconsider her IQ points if I ever had reason to think she had done this.

The most recent news on Yahoo says Joe is "stepping up" to take care of the girls. Really, who is handling their PR? Most people go to prison and disappear from public view until they're released. There's been some announcement about her or her family at least every other day since she checked in. It seems very...unusual.

• Love 1

Yeah, I may loathe Teresa but that may be the best looking mug shot I've ever seen.

That's a great fake, imo. But...why? I would really commend Teresa (in her fantasy "I'm so fantastic" world) if she thought of preparing and releasing a fake mug shot while she's in prison. I would have to reconsider her IQ points if I ever had reason to think she had done this.

The most recent news on Yahoo says Joe is "stepping up" to take care of the girls. Really, who is handling their PR? Most people go to prison and disappear from public view until they're released. There's been some announcement about her or her family at least every other day since she checked in. It seems very...unusual.

I am ready for Teresa not to be a daily story but I figure once the brood makes a visit we will have a round of Bravolebrities making well publicized visits.  Get ready for Andy, Dina, and Nene all to make time to go to Danbury with their publicist on stand by.

I also think the "Daily News" needs to stop tailing her children -that is just wrong.  Leave the kids alone.

• Love 4

I just saw this juicy little tidbit on Yahoo.

According to the Inquisitr....

"Teresa Giudice Reportedly Having A Hard Time Detoxing From Prescription Meds Behind Bars"

Teresa Detoxing Behind Bars

ETA:  If this is true, it may be the real reason her daughters didn't visit over the weekend.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I just saw this juicy little tidbit on Yahoo.

According to the Inquisitr....

"Teresa Giudice Reportedly Having A Hard Time Detoxing From Prescription Meds Behind Bars"

Teresa Detoxing Behind Bars

ETA:  If this is true, it may be the real reason her daughters didn't visit over the weekend.

From the article:

A source allegedly close to the Giudice family told the publication that Teresa has been using Xanax and Valium regularly for around five years, and claimed that she was on “several pills a day,” adding, “Teresa would get things through her friend whose husband is a doctor and two other doctors.”

So this close to the family "source" is just thinking this is of importance NOW, 5 years, 3 doctors later?

• Love 3

From the article:

A source allegedly close to the Giudice family told the publication that Teresa has been using Xanax and Valium regularly for around five years, and claimed that she was on “several pills a day,” adding, “Teresa would get things through her friend whose husband is a doctor and two other doctors.”

So this close to the family "source" is just thinking this is of importance NOW, 5 years, 3 doctors later?

We don't know if it's true or not but the "source" also said:

“It’s going to be a [major] detox,” the source said, adding, “I warned her about that. It’s going to be hell. It’s a cold withdrawal. You just detox. It’s a really brutal withdrawal. She’ll get sick. She will get diarrhea. She’ll have actual DTs [delirium tremens, also known as “the shakes”],” the source said.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

We don't know if it's true or not but the "source" also said:

“It’s going to be a [major] detox,” the source said, adding, “I warned her about that. It’s going to be hell. It’s a cold withdrawal. You just detox. It’s a really brutal withdrawal. She’ll get sick. She will get diarrhea. She’ll have actual DTs [delirium tremens, also known as “the shakes”],” the source said.

If it is true, someone is going to be in some trouble. If she had been prescribed the meds under honest circumstances, there would have been no reason to "detox".

• Love 4

At work today we were talking about whether or not Teresa's mug shot was real and someone suggested I blow it up in Photoshop.   I've been playing around with Photoshop for a while now and should have thought of this "test" sooner but I didn't.  Duh!

Forgive me if you already know this but if you did, why didn't you suggest it sooner?  LOL

All pictures are made up of individual pixels (teeny tiny squares) and all of them are the exact same size.    If you enlarge a picture enough, you'd actually be able to see those individual pixels but for this "test" that wasn't necessary.   I enlarged the mug shot to 300 times it's original size and based on those results, I believe the mug shot is absolutely fake.   All the components of the picture, face, hair, shirt, background, etc. should be the exact same resolution.  They are not.   The background has a much higher resolution than Teresa's face.

I don't know if I explained that well enough but I hope that when you look at these two images, it will make sense.

TG300x_zps1352f231.jpg

tgbackground_zps25ebfd0c.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

This is better than fiction.  You just can't make this shit up.

Teresa's new "law suit happy" attorney is threatening to sue whoever is involved in what he calls "false" stories about Teresa.

Attorney Threatens to Sue

Anybody think that perhaps the sources of the fake stories have less money than say the Giudices?

From the article:

I definitely think Teresa was pretty heavily medicated when she did the Andy interview and the Reunion but I would think she would be permitted some medication while in custody.  Granted I don't think you get to spend your time there semi-conscious but I would think an anti-depressant would be in order.

• Love 1

If it is true, someone is going to be in some trouble. If she had been prescribed the meds under honest circumstances, there would have been no reason to "detox".

If it is true & if she knew she would go thru withdrawals having to stop abruptly when she went to camp, why didn't she start cutting back & eventually stop taking the meds at home before she went? Didn't she have enough Fabellini around to help her with her nerves? Didn't she remember Joe's prescription to get to sleep is a couple of bottles? (Said sarcastically, I know there are alcohol withdrawals too)

I love one of the replies in the comment section after the article - "Are we supposed to care?"

• Love 1

Anybody think that perhaps the sources of the fake stories have less money than say the Giudices?

Speaking of money...

There was an ad in today's paper for a Home Show Expo on Long Island with a picture of Melissa Gorga and a tag line of "come meet Melissa Gorga of the Real Housewives of New Jersey."

Me thinks money must be tight for the Gorgas.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

I definitely think Teresa was pretty heavily medicated when she did the Andy interview and the Reunion but I would think she would be permitted some medication while in custody.  Granted I don't think you get to spend your time there semi-conscious but I would think an anti-depressant would be in order.

Xanax and Valium aren't anti-depressants, they're anti-anxiety meds, and fairly strong opiates, so I don't think there's any way prisoners would be allowed to take them.

If it is true & if she knew she would go thru withdrawals having to stop abruptly when she went to camp, why didn't she start cutting back & eventually stop taking the meds at home before she went?

Two possible reasons: 1) cuz she's addicted; and 2) she's always in denial.

• Love 3

It's unlikely that any correctional institution would give anti-depressants to inmates. I think it's safe to assume that most prisoners are depressed. Giving them drugs seems counterproductive to the idea of incarceration being a punishment and learning experience.

• Love 1

I don't know anything about correctional facilities, but shouldn't they give prisoners their meds if they've been diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorder? I mean, I certainly wouldn't want to share a room from Teresa if she's been on Xanax and Valium for 5 years and now is going cold turkey.

And imagine a whole facility of people without medicines that could normalize their moods but aren't allowed to be given to them? Yikes, what a hell!

• Love 1

I don't know anything about correctional facilities, but shouldn't they give prisoners their meds if they've been diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorder? I mean, I certainly wouldn't want to share a room from Teresa if she's been on Xanax and Valium for 5 years and now is going cold turkey.

And imagine a whole facility of people without medicines that could normalize their moods but aren't allowed to be given to them? Yikes, what a hell!

According to a link posted by zoeysmom, prisoners can discuss their medical needs during intake, and it's possible to get anti-depressants prescribed (although a generic brand) if a condition is proven, just like with any other medical issue.  (Although I agree with the poster above - isn't everyone in prison depressed?)  Anti-anxiety meds are different.  They're over-prescibed and abused in the general population; I can just imagine how abused they'd be in a prison population!  And they don't regulate moods - they just make you feel woozy or relaxed (or high!), so of course they're not allowed.  It would be like passing out joints!

• Love 3

According to the "story" Teresa got the meds from 3 different doctors. Were any actually prescribed? Who knows. But if they weren't included in her medical history, and prescribed properly, Teresa is not getting them for that reason, I would think. If any of it is even true, of course.

• Love 2

(Although I agree with the poster above - isn't everyone in prison depressed?)  Anti-anxiety meds are different.  They're over-prescibed and abused in the general population; I can just imagine how abused they'd be in a prison population!  And they don't regulate moods - they just make you feel woozy or relaxed (or high!), so of course they're not allowed.  It would be like passing out joints!

There's a difference between a person who is depressed due to a chemical imbalance and one who has situational depression, i.e., "I'm in prison and this really sucks." Those with a chemical imbalance or those with other mental disorders WOULD be continued on their meds as to not do so would be medical malpractice. Even prisoners are due the right to appropriate medical care. Prisoners aren't given an Rx bottle to carry around if they need meds, they are sent to the dispensary and given their dose to avoid a black market for these types of drugs

Xanax does not make you "high". I have been on Xanax in the past for panic attacks and if taken at the CORRECT dosage and times it doesn't make you feel any different, it just makes the panic attack stop. I did not feel sleepy or high or woozy, just "normal" like I did when I'm wasn't having an attack. I also smoked pot in college and I can tell you there is NO correlation between the high from a "joint" and taking a Xanax, LOL. I suppose if one took a big dose of Xanax or mixed with alcohol or other drugs one would get a high feeling but I was never stupid enough to try that.

• Love 2

Xanax does not make you "high". I have been on Xanax in the past for panic attacks and if taken at the CORRECT dosage and times it doesn't make you feel any different, it just makes the panic attack stop. I did not feel sleepy or high or woozy, just "normal" like I did when I'm wasn't having an attack. I also smoked pot in college and I can tell you there is NO correlation between the high from a "joint" and taking a Xanax, LOL. I suppose if one took a big dose of Xanax or mixed with alcohol or other drugs one would get a high feeling but I was never stupid enough to try that.

I think anti-anxiety meds, like all opiates, have different effects on people. I took a Xanax once and it made me feel woozy. I took another anti-anxiety pill once, but I was totally coherent; it just took the edge off, as they say. But my larger point was that prison dispensaries aren't going to hand out Xanax and Valium to prisoners like doctors do in the outside world. I'm guessing if you have a severe issue, like panic attacks, you can request and maybe receive meds for the issue, dispensed at certain times. But those meds are probably dispensed very carefully.

• Love 1

I think anti-anxiety meds, like all opiates, have different effects on people.

Xanax and Valium are not opiates, they are benzidiazepines. They do not get you "high" like heroin,

or even pot. They do not give the same feeling as an opiate pain killer such as Morphine, Vicoden, etc.

• Love 2

I'm guessing if you have a severe issue, like panic attacks, you can request and maybe receive meds for the issue, dispensed at certain times. But those meds are probably dispensed very carefully.

Refusing to Rx anti-depressants to a depressed prisoner (even if the prisoner spirals into a depression AFTER they are in prison) or refusing to Rx anti-antiety meds to a prisoner with panic disorder/severe anxiety diagnosis is no different than refusing a diabetic insulin or a heart patient their heart meds/bp meds/cholesterol meds. Mental illness is just as real as physical illness but has been stigmatized by ignorant people who think those with a mental disorder have the option to "get over it" at will and don't really need those meds.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 7

Teresa had to undergo a physical examination and a psychological evaluation during her intake.  Any "medical" issues would have to be addressed by the prison doctors, phychologists, etc.   The prison has an infirmary and prisoners are brought to a hospital when needed.  The designated hospital for Danbury has a prison ward specifically for inmate patients.   I have no idea if she is having a problem withdrawing from whatever meds she had been taking but I'm certain she was taking them.  Her demeanor during the WWHL interview and even the reunion was far too docile and certainly not that of the hot tempered highly volatile personality we've come to associate with Teresa.  Even when she walked out of the reunion, she was calm and found solace (almost joy) in finding a penny.   Three years ago Teresa would have pushed her way out of the reunion, cursing and slamming doors.

We have to remember that Teresa is in an everlasting state of denial.  If Teresa had developed a dependence on these meds, she would never, ever admit it during intake.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

We have to remember that Teresa is in an everlasting state of denial.  If Teresa had developed a dependence on these meds, she would never, ever admit it during intake.

Refusing to admit she has been taking (or abusing which may be the case knowing Tre) could be a fatal mistake. Those taking Benzos for a long period of time or those taking large doses must be tapered off slowly. To go cold turkey can cause seizures, depressed respiration and death. Though I'm sure the guards would notice and have her brought to the hospital if she got that ill.

• Love 3

Xanax and Valium are not opiates, they are benzidiazepines. They do not get you "high" like heroin,

or even pot. They do not give the same feeling as an opiate pain killer such as Morphine, Vicoden, etc.

Yes, I knew that - I meant benzos, not opiates, sorry. But they are strong, and addictive, and often make you feel lightheaded or dowsy.

Anti-depressants aren't for the kind of "depressed" that being in prison makes you (i.e., bummed about your circumstances).  AD's are prescribed for, and act on, a very real medical condition.

Of course not (to your first sentence). I didn't mean to be glib about that. Anti-depressants are prescribed for bi-polar disorder, and people who are clinically depressed. But I tend to think that AD's are over-prescribed in a similar way to benzos. I've known a number of people that tried different AD's when they weren't diagnosed as clinically depressed. I wonder if that's common.

• Love 1

Refusing to Rx anti-depressants to a depressed prisoner (even if the prisoner spirals into a depression AFTER they are in prison) or refusing to Rx anti-antiety meds to a prisoner with panic disorder/severe anxiety diagnosis is no different than refusing a diabetic insulin or a heart patient their heart meds/bp meds/cholesterol meds.

I agree with you, but it has to be something brought up during intake. And I also agree with Anna - if Teresa doesn't have a doctor-diagnosed condition and instead "doctor shopped" for the pills, I don't think there's any way she admitted to any illness.

• Love 3